• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-< Official questions list (and ANSWERS!) for 'E for All' >-

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Is Meta or Pit godlike?

Try Zamus's FS. It is possible.
I read that the IGN players said Meta was pretty much godlike. In two minute matches, he was always the winner and would usually get 4 kills without dying even once. When Meta wasn't in a match, they said it was close, but when he joined, he usually won by a landslide.

Meta Knight, oddly enough, is our favorite thus far, as he can unleash absolutely insane attacks, including a fully controllable whirlwind, and warping down attack (similar to Kirby's down special, but faster), the ability to fly for recovery, and a flipping slice up into the air, followed by a horizontal dash. Every other fight was extremely close, but when we moved to Meta Knight it was no contest. Four KO points, no defeats, and an easy victory in our first timed battle with the fighter.
Link: http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826602p1.html

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
O.k one of your questions has already been answered, when you asked if you can get a smash ball in midar, you CAN. In the trailer that came out the day sonic was anounced, it was answered.
Stage- Bridge of eldin, with a hole in the center.

Location of smash ball- in the middle of the gap.

How the smash ball was obtained- Fox, did his Side-B and retrived the ball IN
MIDAIR!!!!

Landmaster tank appered!

Bam! Smash Ball obtained in MIDAIR!!

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
O.k one of your questions has already been answered, when you asked if you can get a smash ball in midar, you CAN. In the trailer that came out the day sonic was anounced, it was answered.
Stage- Bridge of eldin, with a hole in the center.

Location of smash ball- in the middle of the gap.

How the smash ball was obtained- Fox, did his Side-B and retrived the ball IN
MIDAIR!!!!

Landmaster tank appered!

Bam! Smash Ball obtained in MIDAIR!!
Of course you can get it in mid-air. That's been assumed from the beginning and no one's ever questioned that.

Read the question again.

The question asked here is can you USE the Final Smash in mid air. In other words, you have a smash orb, you are all glowy, you press Nuetral B while in mid-air, what happens? Does it do the Final Smash? Does it just do your normal Nuetral B move? 'cause a lot of them seem to be ground-based, such as DK's. What happens when DK tries to use the Final Smash while he's in mid-air? What about Mario? When he spits out the fire, is he falling to the ground during it, or does he hover in mid-air shooting fire like a Dragonball Z character?

Artanisix

Smash Cadet
Bowser's side+b has been changed.

"His forward+special has been replaced by a command throw. So, instead of doing the claws, he grabs an opponent, does a backflip and belly flops on top of them. You can guide Bowser around while he's doing it and try and land on other characters. After he slams them, he recovers with a bounce in which you can either butt stomp (down+special) or breathe fire. I'm not sure if you can air dodge out of it, but I'm willing to bet that's a yes.

Other than that he seemed the same. The recovery time of his moves felt a bit quicker, but that's about the biggest difference."

Confirmed by alkaline black of gametap.com at NeoGAF, who attended the Nintendo Conference earlier this week.

Source: Post 616

err

Smash Journeyman
someone make sure that Isai is attending.

his evaluation is worth more to me than my life right now

[next beer]

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I have a suggestion for a Diddy specific question: does Diddy not have lag when he uses his neutral B when he lands akin to Falco being able to SHL?

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I just want to know how fast Ike is compared to Marth. And what his FS is like.

EDIT: Also, your overall impression of him. How good of a character is he? Does he have potential? Where would you put him on the tier list if he was in Melee?

Eternal phoenix Fire, I'm counting on you.
I'm going to guess that since he was supposed to be one of the heavy, unflinching characters that he would be mostly muscle and little speed. Of course, I could be wrong and stranger thins have happened...

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'm going to guess that since he was supposed to be one of the heavy, unflinching characters that he would be mostly muscle and little speed. Of course, I could be wrong and stranger thins have happened...
Looking at the videos, I think you're right. The guy playing him also had no idea how to play (and neither did the three other people in that video), but he does look much slower than Marth and Roy. Watching the HQ videos that one guy posted shows how fast he is, and I'm kinda sad that he isn't faster.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Do all characters have different winning tunes?
What are the various entrances?
Do Mario, Fox, Pikachu or Adult Link seem to have been fused with Doc, Flaco, Pichu or Link (especially see if Pika can wall jump)?
Does Diddy have his cartwheel or Guitar Gazumph in any way?
What about Donkey's roll?
Sonic's somersault, either spin kick from Sonic Battle, or bthrow from Sonic the Fighters?
Any other characters have classic moves?
Any new/discarded colors? What about new character's colors?
Is the shine jump-cancelable?
Is shl affected in any way, such as not allowing Fox to move while doing it?
Does Pika still have skull bash? Is it any less ****ty?
Can Pika still tail spike?
Does Ike speak English?
Do any of Pika's taunts or winning animations make him do his cry from the games?
Does Bowser have his Mario 64 laugh?

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
Do all characters have different winning tunes?hope so
What are the various entrances?umm that will be answerd soon
Do Mario, Fox, Pikachu or Adult Link seem to have been fused with Doc, Flaco, Pichu or Link?hope so but y did u say adult link
Does Diddy have his cartwheel or Guitar Gazumph in any way?dear god if not then suicide
What about Donkey's roll?he didnt have itn the other versions
Sonic's somersault, either spin kick from Sonic Battle, or bthrow from Sonic the Fighters?i hope the spin kick is a tilt areal or a nuetral arial and ive never played sonic fighters
Any other characters have classic moves?read the various entrances part
Any new/discarded colors? What about new character's colors?
Is the shine jcable?whatt
Is shl affected in any way, such as not allowing Fox to move while doing it?
Does Pika still have skull bash? Is it any less ****ty?
Can Pika still tail spike?
the ones unanswered are just unknown

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
A lot of these questions can be answered with the ign/gamespot videos. When I goto e for all these are the things im testing.

Wavedashing, Shorthopping, SHDL, Waveshining, If Di is a lot different, Character weight, ccing, Ceiling/Wall Distance, and more.

also I be recording too soo hopefully i can post some footage up of me doing these things.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
I've removed any questions that have already been definitively answered by the ign/gamespot videos. If you see a question in the main post that has been definitively answered, please post the answer (with a video link for evidence if possible) and I will withdraw the question.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I find it funny how you think people will actually be able to play Brawl

They only have so many booths, and a ton of people are going to go. The "normal" people only have 25 total hours to go, not counting school/work, and my guess is that tons of people are going to be playing Brawl, and some will be hogging it the whole time.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
What are everyone's taunts?

Not really important, but I wanna know

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
i think ikes forward+b was shown on the second part of the gamepro video here

http://www.gamepro.com/video/player.cfm?vid=116140

it happens around 2:26 he does a dashing slash real quick and it seems chargable
Good eye. I didn't get a lot out of that video because the quality is so poor. Its definitely the worst video of all those available in terms of seeing what the heck is going on. I'll remove that question.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
THIS IS WES FROM DA NEEDING HOUSING FOR THIS 4 DAY EVENT ME AND 3 OTHER MEMBERS FROM DA ARE PLANNING TO GO TO THIS SO IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE HELP US WITH HOUSING RERSPOND TO THIS POST ASAP. YOU CAN ALSO EITHER CALL ME ON MY CELL (646)812-1787 OR INSTANT MESSAGE ME ON MY SN: INLOVEWITLIL OR EMAIL ME AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS WHICH IS INLOVEWITLIL@AOL.COM

MEMBERS THAT ARE GOING ARE:

KWABENA AMPOFO ( KUBUU)
JASON (HELLFOX)
COMPTON (COMP)
ANTOINE (WES)

AND BELOW IS OUR FLIGHT INFO I LISTED UST ON PERSONS INFO BECAUSE ALL OF US ARE PRETTY MUCH FLYING TOGETHER AND LANDING TOGETHER.

Day Date Flight Status Class City Time Other Cabin
--- ----- --------------- ------ ----- ---------------- ------ ------ -------
Thu 18OCT DELTA 401 OK T LV NYC-KENNEDY 700A M 30C
AR LOS ANGELES 1018A COACH

Sun 21OCT DELTA 410 OK T LV LOS ANGELES 1110P M 37C
AR NYC-KENNEDY 732A# COACH

SO PPL PLEASE HELP US OUT ASAP WITH THIS WE WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL FOR WHO EVER NOMINATES THEM SELVES TO HOUSE US.
Best samus aka ***** samus aka DA's samus aka cali hater aka cali anti-christ idicka and ken killer aka h2yl killer aka the man who showed his balls and will do it aka spike king aka beast aka nine stock rapest aka money snatcher

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Wow. Nice work. Similar to many questions I had, cept I didn't have questions for every character.

Yeah, a sticky topic should be made about something like this, just more organized. That way all Smashers can get all or most or none, of the info they want to know.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
A couple of things to add to link.

Can he grab people that are in the air now?

How does his bow work exactly? it has less lag, but can you aim it? does it travel a shorter distance if hold it for a shorter time (like in Twilight Princess)?

How much lag do his bombs have?

How powerful is the pull on the gale boomerang? (and how strong is it in general?)

edit: sorry if someone else asked this, but I don't feel like going through all five pages.

Just to let everyone know, i'm going to try MetaKnight insted of Ike. I'm also taking Fox into consideration due to the fact that i'm going to be there for 4 days.

Here is the order:

1st = Pit

2nd= MetaKnight

3rd= Mario

4th= Fox

I'll try any other character after i'm done playing with these people. I'll answer questions when I get back.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
One question I want to find out in addition. Someone on the IGN boards reported that Peach's Final was any one of her Vibes, not just the sleep thing we've seen. He mentions one version of the attack raining down spiky balls, and that the other 2 haven't been seen yet. I want someone playing as Peach and finding out if this is true, and if it is, finding out how all 4 of her Vibes work.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Adjusted questions for the additional posts here. Also bumping since someone else made the same basic thread without realizing this one was already here.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
I'll be going to the event. Since my mains probably won't be playable (ICs & puff) I'll test sonic. Just come up for more questions about him! (obvious one's include neutral b, normal moves, homing ai?, etc.)

I hate to tell you how to do things, but you probably should still list answered questions on the first post, but with a note that they've been answered. This could help save people's time and effort from thinking they've found something that needs testing.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I suggest bolding the most important things. These guys don't have all the time in the world, you know. :p

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
How about the music? (pokemon Stadium 2, Halberd, Bridge of Eldin, etc.)

Revven

FrankerZ
What are everyone's colors/alts (if any alts at all)?

That should be a question. Also:

Is Link's neutral B faster than Melee's? If so, how much faster?

How much damage do Link's bombs do now? Anything interesting about them aside from the new looks?

How much knockback do Samus' missles inflict? Have they been nerfed at all?

Can Fox's blaster (his B) really just be held to be shot rapidly as opposed to Melee where you had to constantly press it? Is this better? Or does it feel unnatural?

Can you still make Fox's forward B not go as far? (When you press B twice in Melee he doesn't go the full length, don't know what it is called).

How far does Fox's Firefox go now? Has its recovery been nerfed at all?

Overall, how do you feel about the FS's? How much damage does each person's do of those who have actual attacking ones?

Those questions should at least be added, fix anything that doesn't make any sense. :p

Top Bottom