• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official *Pound* 4 Melee Results Thread

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So can we just have a good shoutout thread or are we going to complain about anything and everything we can possibly think of?

I.B

Smash Lord
Wow, the best tournament experience of my life for sure. GG's to everybody I played and I had a sick time chilling with you all.

Can't wait for the next big tourney!

Banks

Smash Hero
it would be ****ing ridiculous to do shoutouts to everyone of the hundreds of people i talked to/played/hung out with but i'll do some general shouts

PPL IN HOTEL ROOMS W/ ME: it was funny as **** just talking to everyone about random stuff. we also had some good times on that 13 inch tv and utilizing the contents of our cooler. good thing i didn't leave any valuables in between the beds, if you know what i mean...

PPL IN PEEPEE'S ROOM: lol @ lightning bunny hood melee. i just sat there in bewilderment with my soda pop

PPL IN MY POOLS: good games to everyone, i had a lot of close sets that were fun to play. 3rd round was hard as hell and i got murked, but i could have done better if i just didn't poop it up with forward b recovery. GOOD ****. i would have had a harder time in bracket tho lmao

PPL I MONEY MATCHED: lol i tried as hard as possible to break even but i lost some money i think. i don't even remember how many people i did $1 mm's with cuz i was asking everybody i passed basically, but good stuff to everyone, lots of good people i have never played and got to

PPL I FRIENDLIED AND TALKED TO ETC: nice talking to you, if you are from far away (ie below tristate or off the east coast) then hopefully we meet again sometime. everyone else from tristate and above, i'll probably see you soon and you can GET ***** IN TOURNEY

and last but not least PPL @ HAT'S HOUSE MON NIGHT: lmao. i can't believe i didn't sleep that night after all of pound. good stuff to overtriforce for staying up after everyone else was unconscious and playing me/th0rn back and forth. good practice, you are so good. HMW, nice talking to you. I'll remember how nice cali sounds when i shovel my car out from the 2 feet of snow we got while i was gone =(.

lastly, lol @ our hotel bathroom getting flooded. good **** pine (literally).

after the first day i felt like a dirty hobo, but other than that i have no complaints about the entire weekend. good shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
There is a small upload limit in that venue. It not would have been possible to have 2 without side-effects.

We'd rather have 1 high-def, lagless stream than 2 laggy ones.

When we tried to get a ustream up for those that had the "Maximum viewers reached" on Justin.tv Sunday, everyone on both sides had complained it had begun to lag a bit and the quality was going down.

Be glad that we had one for you guys to see the finals as it happened, unlike Winterfest and Genesis where you had to rely on text messages and twitters, sometimes false, for results and such.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I.B. - if it wasn't for your sound effects my sheik would have pooped on you. Instead I SD'd and missed wavedashes bc of all the random non smash noises :laugh:

Banks - good friendlies...I tried to donate to your MM cause but I only had 20's. If you had change I would have let you try to take my money ha

Next time I play you guys I'll be hanging with you and it'll be a different story...hopefully. haha GGs. You guys are mad cool.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's just a cultural difference, and ****-talk / crowd interaction is a HUGE part of any american sporting event. if they want to sit quietly and golf-clap after the match at european tournaments (which adam said is what they do), that's fine with me and i'd respect that if i were there... but this is an american tournament, and they have ALWAYS featured crowd noise

this ain't golf! putting up with the pressure (and specifically, putting up with the crowd) is part of playing in a tournament!

zoap is the greatest, you guys are idiots

shroomed gets trash talked probably more than ANYONE on the WC and yet he's over it

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Someone else host a big tournament now. I wanna go and actually get to play friendlies hahaha

TP

Smash Master
I was the one talking smack while Strawhat was playing SS. Maybe the rest of the country has no balls, because on the West Coast we **** talk on everything. It's not meant to be serious, it's just part of game. Yes, I'd get ***** by Strawhat, but I also get ***** by 75%+ of the smash community [and just lose to the rest] so whatever. If you don't like what I say thats fine, but it isn't meant to be disrespectful and is all in good fun [from my perspective].
Remember folks, if YOU think something is OK, then it's OK.

It's also OK to tell black people they should be slaves, as long as you know it isn't how you really feel. They're wrong if they take offense to it because you didn't mean it.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Remember folks, if YOU think something is OK, then it's OK.

It's also OK to tell black people they should be slaves, as long as you know it isn't how you really feel. They're wrong if they take offense to it because you didn't mean it.
What?
My point was that if it offends you, that's fine but what I'm saying is just a joke. The people that have complained so far are two random spectators, not people being **** talked. I don't say racist things or make any of my **** talk personal*. At worst, I can just see my **** talk being annoying to spectators but as far as I remember, I haven't said anything that would OFFEND them. If one of the players told me that I was taking it to far, then that would be a different story.

*There's one exception (Sup Jkun)

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
USA chant effin blows. **** talk in general isnt rly cool. I dun wanna go to europe and get ***** via trash talk. I might have lost my voice being like the only one not from the MW cheering for drephen but like I never said anything negative. I know the following will never happen but, a good amount of silence during a match would be lovely.(saw a bit of that during darkrain vs zhu for one reason or another)

chipotle is still godly(kinda knew that already)
Yeah, that set was awfully quiet considering that the crowd was decently sized. It was just cheering / wowing whenever one person did something cool, which is some I haven't really experienced in a longgggggggg time. I think it's mostly cause everyone loves Darkrain, and maybe there are some people who don't hate me yet LOL. Fun nonetheless!

Chipotle *****!

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
it's just a cultural difference
Exactly. So this can go nowhere but agree to disagree. Sometimes I think it's funny, other times its annoying. Depends on what's said I suppose. It isn't being loud and the crowd that I didn't like. It was the ****talking the Europeans for no one elses benefit except your own personal amusement, as it was obvious no one thought it was funny. Anyway, if you disagree then just ignore it. Which is exactly what everyone did. So it worked out good. Moving on.

Someone else host a big tournament now. I wanna go and actually get to play friendlies hahaha
Yeah thanks a lot plairnk. I felt bad on day 1 when you were running everything and everyone else was playing friendlies with their favorite people before pools. It is greatly appreciated by 99% of the community.

KirbyKaze - thanks for the sheik tips vs I.B. They were helping a lot. I like watching your sheik do cool moves.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
There is a small upload limit in that venue. It not would have been possible to have 2 without side-effects.

We'd rather have 1 high-def, lagless stream than 2 laggy ones.

When we tried to get a ustream up for those that had the "Maximum viewers reached" on Justin.tv Sunday, everyone on both sides had complained it had begun to lag a bit and the quality was going down.

Be glad that we had one for you guys to see the finals as it happened, unlike Winterfest and Genesis where you had to rely on text messages and twitters, sometimes false, for results and such.
If this is really true then im probably wrong, and it was VERY nice to see pound 4 finals so woot go video game bootcamp! next time someone should buy 50 dsl modems and stream every tv lollerblades

pockyD

Smash Legend
Exactly. So this can go nowhere but agree to disagree. Sometimes I think it's funny, other times its annoying. Depends on what's said I suppose. It isn't being loud and the crowd that I didn't like. It was the ****talking the Europeans for no one elses benefit except your own personal amusement, as it was obvious no one thought it was funny. Anyway, if you disagree then just ignore it. Which is exactly what everyone did. So it worked out good. Moving on.
if it annoys the player and gets his head, then probably mission accomplished

frankly, i don't care for a lot of the trash talk personally, but you gotta take the bad with the good

i don't care for people playing jigglypuff in tournament either but i'm not about to lead the 'ban jigglypuff' crusade!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Quick SHOUTOUTS!

Plank - how can one person be so amazing? I don't know. You're awesome. Amazing tournament.
Husband/Wife - awesome eating with you/chatting. Always fun to watch you team.
CK- way to step it up. You impressed everyone I think.
Chu Dat- Wow. Watching you is so much fun. I cheered my *** off for you. Lots of new **** I learned (Waveshield approach to jab on Jiggs, icicle block grab desync, etc). Looks like you added a lot more to your Melee game too. One of my favorite smashers for sure. You and Vidjo make a hell of a team.
G$- One of my fave players to watch. Never really got a chance to talk to you, but a lot of fun matches to observe. I keep telling people you need to go Marth more though...I think you might have beat PC like that.
Thorn- Your Falco is really, really good. You did awesome this tournament. Great to meet you, super nice guy. You know I'll be cheering for you all the time from now on. Basically an auto-win.
KM- You look soooo different. Sweet to see you again man.
Amsah- Never talked to you but I have to say I was super impressed. Your Sheik is...fantastic. I know its tough to play against a crowd, but I am tellin you, everyone had a tough time cheering against you cause you were so fun to watch/such a nice guy.
M2K- I was one of the many scrubs you ***** miserably. I watched you a lot, learned a lot, and even asked a few questions. Super nice guy, amazing player. Keep your head up, you have gotten a lot better in Melee. Jman too for that matter; he is looking like the best Fox in the world by far right now.
hungrybox- people gave you a tough time but trust me, everyone thinks you are amazing. It was all in good fun. Give South a *****slap for not stepping up for you though. 2nd place is amazing, no need to be discouraged.
ChRed- sad to hear you are thinking about quitting. I played friendlies against you and had a lot of fun :(
Spaceballs- your Samus is great. Watching you go into turbo mode after Wes started watching was hilarious. legit controller+hat.
Taj/GERM- I didn't even talk to you guys but I gotta say that those Mewtwo/Link friendlies were some of the funnest **** I have ever seen. I wish they got recorded lol.
toasty- top tier cheerleader

Sorry if I forgot you, lots of cool players. Can't wait for the sequel!

OMG the WOMBO COMBO WAS MY FAVE MEAL SERVED @ the venue!

OMG I BOUGHT LIKE 4 THAT DAY!
**** wasn't it like 10 dollars? :laugh:

Yeah, I got it too. Soooo good.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I was pretty sick the whole time. I didn't play a lot. when I did play, I played horridly. hope nobody caught the sickness from me. when I realized it was an actual sickness I tried hard to stay away from people the whole time.

My pool, lol, jesus Rasalas was good. Seems like he didn't do so hot in his 2nd pool, though. I mean, going from beating Alukard and Taj and coming out as top seed, then being bottom in his 2nd... I dunno. that guy confused me haha

Dude, Puerto Rico was awesome, especially HYPER!!! He gave me the new name of StarChild. but yeah, they were cool : )

um... I'm still too sick and don't really feel like yammering away on shoutouts... uh.
Taj snapping his fingers after doing a cool kill = yes
Jash... you're such a cool guy.
Rhan, you were my favorite person @ this
Armada : I cheered for you every match, except for vs M2K. you're too cool.

Hbox and Uuaa, I know the highlight of this tourney was our teams match. HOLD ON. LET ME PAUSE, TURN THE VOLUME UP, AND...
YOUNG LINK SPOTDODGE SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
it almost sounded like they were chanting "UUAA, UUAA, UUAA" now that I think about it.

SilentSpectre vs Darkrain. yeah.

maybe I'll do more shouts later I dunno probably about to go pass out

edit : AXE... **** you're cool and talented. fun to talk to, fun to watch. good stuff. one of my favorite new people I met

IVP

Smash Ace
it's just a cultural difference, and ****-talk / crowd interaction is a HUGE part of any american sporting event. if they want to sit quietly and golf-clap after the match at european tournaments (which adam said is what they do), that's fine with me and i'd respect that if i were there... but this is an american tournament, and they have ALWAYS featured crowd noise

this ain't golf! putting up with the pressure (and specifically, putting up with the crowd) is part of playing in a tournament!

zoap is the greatest, you guys are idiots

shroomed gets trash talked probably more than ANYONE on the WC and yet he's over it

fo real, europe is mroe hyped than america will ever be. go watch a football match live u see people shootin rockets at goalkeepers (lol) and fighting n **** after the matches. the thing is we aint comparing football games/throwing rocks with smash.

n we know that hype is hella... hype, but when people go "go back to europe" n **** dats killing the ****in hype. the other player will lose confidence and we wont see the both players at their A games u know what i mean? we do scream and go "wow" in europe (atleast in sweden) but we aint trash talkin (pretty much is based on swedish tournys since i never been to tourney outside sweden but atleast thats what ive heard)

oh, n its a difference when u trash talk with friends and people u never met before, u should realize dat... -.-

AXE 09

Smash Master
my goodness, pound 4 shoutouts??? man this could take me forever! lol

in a nutshell, i wanna say that all of you guys are so amazing :) i'll try to do shoutouts later ^^ this tourney was so amazing!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
oh, n its a difference when u trash talk with friends and people u never met before, u should realize dat... -.-
I agree with this.

Yes trash talk is crazy here and people should expect it, but I don't want to make players who have traveled ridiculously far feel like they are being booted or chased away. I disagree with the whole, "take it or leave it" type of attitude when it comes to the US talking trash. It's rly messed up and i think discourages people from coming back.

positive stuff:

chipotle is ****

plank's strictness was good imo. That was the fastest I have ever seen smashers mobilize when it came time for announcements.

pools round 2 and 3 ran rly smooth

multiple language commentary was so sick

MacD is awesome

shoutouts 30% complete

rhan

Smash Hero
Pound 4 was the ish! (dispite all the drama around it.)

Shouties to whoever remembers playing me!

Eval

Smash Journeyman
my goodness, pound 4 shoutouts??? man this could take me forever! lol
Agreed. Its just toooooooooooo many people lol!

HBOX: Too good man, you are fun and a cool guy. Get em Meta Puffs!

Plank: Thanks for hosting and running the tournament. Even though there were flaws and **** but ****, the tournament was amazing! Its not easy to run this kind of events, so props to you. Next time remember to seed by location so that TIO doesnt put PR all together in pools! (yes we had 2 PR teams in 1 same pool of 4 teams but it got fixed) ;)

ActionB/Zoro/Marin: Nice seeing you guys again. You guys can always come back to PR and stay with us!

Armada: Thanks for the pictures and stuff. Had so fun watching your matching and learning good stuff! We didnt get to play. I sad. :(

Vidjo: Lol you sat on my lap along with M2K and the Europeans in that small shuttle the whole way back to the hotel. You were mad drunk! I didnt get my rematch after I suicide in our pool match. For now you are safe from me. Props to you for being mad cool and chill!

SS & Kage: What a nice people we have here. Mad humble and frinedly. You guys ****!

Hax: LOL way to camp HDL and ask for tips. Your falcon is sexy and too good.

Scar: Peach match. All you gotta do is run and grab!! ;P

DoH/Xelic/Mike G/all other Peach main:
We are too cool! Was fun being at that TV sharing peach stuff the last day. I should had hang more with you guys. :[

Tope + Cyrain:
GET THE LINK! GET THE LINK! GET THE ****ING LINK! HE'S RIGHT THERE! You are too good trash talking lol! (that was in our team match HDL + me vs Chillin + DoH) Good **** in our team match. Sheik just ***** our team. We will get you next time. ;[

BLEA GELO: QUE PASA WEVON. Dude you are sooooooooooooooo funny. I love you!

Tw1n + Twin_A:
You guys are mad funny and good to chill with too. You still ow me my magic trick. You guys should have seen how much the 37% and the 137% was in the top 8 matchs and all my predictions were true! Now you see HDL is too good. You never trusted he couldnt beat Mango and he was 4 stocking Mangos falco (then lost rofl) and beat his jiggs 3 times until he switched to falco!

UltimaScout: Lol nice meeting yah. We had our fun and all. Link can do it!

Jman: Was nice chillin with a Puertorican fellow even thou you are in the states. I saw you were laughing at our spanish **** talk that me and the PR crew + Strawhat Dahean and Overz were having. Too good, your fox is ****.

M2K: You gotta trust more your Marth. Legit fox you got there. Dont pay attention to people trying to trash talk, its just part of the game.

Mango: Grats on winning Pound 4. Lol at your Evo 2k7 back pack. I also was carrying one too and saw yours and I remembered that you went to Evo that year. That was when I first heard of you.

Cactuar + Reno: Lol your fox likes to stand still a lot. I did the same back to you in our team matches. It was ncie playing you and Reno but Reno should have gon fox and not gay us with Sheik!

Axe: Trying to gay HDL with Falco. Great Pikachu but you should have stayed with him the whole time against HDL. I love watcing you Pikachu ****!

HMW: Sorry I had to camp the whole time in our pool matches, but I dont know the Doc match up. Its not that great for Peach to fight docs (hint: Armada losing to Shroomed lol!). Good stuff you got there, too good!

VBM: High five. BEST TROLL EVER!!

PR crew: ****! Next time we should get even more training!

Europe Crew: You guys are great! It was nice seeing more poeple from international places all together. We should have taken a picture of all the OOC people together! Was fun to be all squished up in that Shuttle. There were literally almost like 5+ languages spoken in that shuttle, ROFL!

Other poeple I may have forgotten: Good **** to everyone. This was the greatest smash Tournament in history. I had soooooooooo much fun and met a lot of people. Love ya all!

Hopefully people will know now that the PR people has some **** and can put a fight! I just hope in the future some kind of event like this happens again, but with more OOC people!!

Thanks to everyone who supported us and cheered for us! What a way to start 2010!

PS: Will add some shouts later because Im pretty sure I forgot a lot of people. there are too many.

PR crew with Armada! Me, the tall dude to the right of Armada, lol!

Shroomed

Smash Master
HMW: Its not that great for Peach to fight docs (hint: Armada losing to Shroomed lol!)
there's 3 peach players in my crew =D

armada is my favorite smash player by far!

brother amsah and adam, and amsah's hair are also amazingly cool

europe has to teach me how to say "bil" tho

sprint2k

Smash Rookie
hi plank

i was just wondering how you determined the payouts. like for melee singles the total was 5 grand. was this predetermined before or after registrations?

Nike.

Smash Hero

me and amsah

taj

tai

jeff and the twins

twin lovage and me

me and armada

m2k and armada

drunk mango and buzzed m2k

LLDL

Smash Hero
lol at m2k and armada. beast tourney results tho, can't wait for the next huge event.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hi plank

i was just wondering how you determined the payouts. like for melee singles the total was 5 grand. was this predetermined before or after registrations?
I had an idea of what I wanted to pay out beforehand, but totals were decided on after the reg was done and exactly how much money we were working with was figured out.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Yeah, that set was awfully quiet considering that the crowd was decently sized. It was just cheering / wowing whenever one person did something cool, which is some I haven't really experienced in a longgggggggg time. I think it's mostly cause everyone loves Darkrain, and maybe there are some people who don't hate me yet LOL. Fun nonetheless!

Chipotle *****!
man zhu, **** YOU, you denied SS vs Darkrain. You have officially replaced Tope as the most hated smasher.

<3

No, but really you would've replaced Tope if the Falcon Only tourney hadn't happened.

Top Bottom