• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OC3 Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
lol @ fonz. YEAH DONT CALL ME MONEY GRUBBING OR ELSE I WILL CHARGE YOU MORE! NOW WHO HAS MY $500 stool?!?!?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Part of what made 0C and FC great were the match videos that followed afterward. So, now 0C is separating itself from FC by restricting access to its match videos simply because ManaCloud has some beef with the online community. You are actually going to collect all of that personal information to aid you in hunting down pirates? So, everyone starts sharing codes and the videos show up on YouTube. Then what? You ban them from future 0C events and DVD sales? You certainly can't sue anyone.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

Part of what made 0C and FC great were the match videos that followed afterward. So, now 0C is separating itself from FC by restricting access to its match videos simply because ManaCloud has some beef with the online community. You are actually going to collect all of that personal information to aid you in hunting down pirates? So, everyone starts sharing codes and the videos show up on YouTube. Then what? You ban them from future 0C events and DVD sales? You certainly can't sue anyone.
who said fc and oc are alike? whos restricting anything? we make dvds and if people want to buy them great, if not they can wait online till someone who does rips them. And if this person decides to rip them it is our right to know who it is. All i can say is the code method is quite genius. Also this new dvd wont be just matches like last year. Even if someone rips it, good luck uploading 4.7 gigs of files. As for sueing people, i dont want to waste my time on a smasher who has nothing better to do then hide behind his computer, but i know for a fact if i make a product even if it has nintendo footage, that product is mine. I can sue someone.

Its funny how the people who didnt go to oc3 are *****ing. They *****ed about oc3 and now they want matches. If you didnt go to oc3 then all your accusations are assumptions. All i can say is

no johns. You want matches from oc3? who said it wasnt free? you can get them at!

http://www.getyourtournament.com/

Otherwise if you want a dvd, pay for it. If you like neither fc has tons of free matches for you to go watch. Also i only replied to this message because it is more civil then the rest. Oc3 is over and so are the shout outs. This thread is just another place for people who like drama to keep themselves preoccupied. I wont be upset if this thread closes soon.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
not to be a negative nancy but no protection scheme is perfect
unless you're sony who changes theirs every time a new blockbuster comes out, those matches are getting ripped
and even if you are sony
they're getting ripped a week later
as far as 4.7gb goes, they can always be compressed and even so, 5 gb only takes about a day to upload if you have base-level cable modem

whats this code thing you're talking about, are you encrypting each file?
how is that supposed to be played on a dvd player like you claimed?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

not to be a negative nancy but no protection scheme is perfect
unless you're sony who changes theirs every time a new blockbuster comes out, those matches are getting ripped
and even if you are sony
they're getting ripped a week later
as far as 4.7gb goes, they can always be compressed and even so, 5 gb only takes about a day to upload if you have base-level cable modem

whats this code thing you're talking about, are you encrypting each file?
how is that supposed to be played on a dvd player like you claimed?
when read on a dvd player its fine. When it is a file it needs a code.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
so you're going to have 2 of each video on the dvd?
1 as a mpeg/avi file and the other as normal dvd video?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Mana, I am utterly confused at your logic. After all of the accusations placed on you and the 0C3 staff (some with good reason), you have the audacity to say, "Well, I hate you all, so I am going to attempt to profit off the match videos (in the name of supporting 0C) just to spite you all." Now, call me crazy, but if I were in you shoes, I'd say, "Well, everyone, I'm sorry things did not quite turn out as expected. Anyway, here are some matches of the best players in the world! Enjoy!"

Obviously, you can do whatever you want. sugarpoultry was not implying that 0C and FC are supposed to be the same tournament. She was just pointing out that 0C is only further alienating itself after what many noted as a very negative experience. All I can say is this: good luck selling DVDs after this whole escapade. You are right; we will never understand how stressful it is to be the host of a massive tournament, but you put on an extremely unprofessional front, so many people feel that you should not be the face of 0C.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
Mana, I am utterly confused at your logic. After all of the accusations placed on you and the 0C3 staff (some with good reason), you have the audacity to say, "Well, I hate you all, so I am going to attempt to profit off the match videos (in the name of supporting 0C) just to spite you all." Now, call me crazy, but if I were in you shoes, I'd say, "Well, everyone, I'm sorry things did not quite turn out as expected. Anyway, here are some matches of the best players in the world! Enjoy!"

Obviously, you can do whatever you want. sugarpoultry was not implying that 0C and FC are supposed to be the same tournament. She was just pointing out that 0C is only further alienating itself after what many noted as a very negative experience. All I can say is this: good luck selling DVDs after this whole escapade. You are right; we will never understand how stressful it is to be the host of a massive tournament, but you put on an extremely unprofessional front, so many people feel that you should not be the face of 0C.
Quoted for truth. All I see mana trying to do is blame the smashers, make up excuses for reasons for why things happened.... instead of actually apologizing.

As a host of small tournaments, when things happen such as bracket mishaps, money issues, or something else going wrong, the first thing I try to do is state what happened, and say that we (the hosts) are sorry for it, and are trying to correct the mistake.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
logic

if you didnt go to oc3 thats none of your concern. I already mentioned for the people who did attend the dvds will be cheaper than for those who didnt. Logic has nothing to do with this. For the people who didnt go to oc3 if they want matches they can pay for them on dvd, otherwise they shouldnt care for them. Everyone wants matches released online for free that is not my concern either. People who went to oc3 saw the matches and if they want the dvds as a memorial thing then great. For people who didnt go and want the matches we already have some online for them. If they want the good matches then pay for it. Myself release the matches for people who put down oc3 is a joke right? Why release something to someone who wants videos of oc3 but hates the way it was handled. I only see complaints from people who didnt attend oc3, and like you said whether or not i would like to release those matches is entirely up to me. Buy the dvd or dont i really dont care. I am just putting something out there for those who want it.

People are asking me to apologize for the signs of ammonia? or how about apologize for 200 smashers showing up on friday after we posted 4 30 the tournament is going to start. I cant apologize for things i didnt do or things that happened at the tournament already. If you didnt attend oc3 dont try to put all this crap on me and try to make me out to be a scapegoat. Arash posted all the info on how money was spent. If there is speculation on people who didnt attend oh well. They can speculate all they want. What is more interesting is people are listening to rumors instead of reading what arash posted in the first page. Its all there, even if you didnt attend oc3. After everything we didnt make a **** cent. You dont have to hear it from me, hear it from other staff members. And we dont need to pay them off, we arent like that. They did the pick ups and they know how hard it is to run a 220 man tournament with everyone who wants housing, and expects everything from the host. With more people like this, you can expect less grass root tournaments. Ill apologize for the venue being crappy, when people start apologizing for all the accusations made.

Buzz and wife, if you have a problem with me selling dvds, then keep it to yourself, otherwise your statements will be ignored from this point on.

also kyle youve been to oc2 , and when you left your phone accidently we came out of our way to return it and paid shipping. You should know better than anyone else we arent like this.

I think justpha said it best:

people want the venue to be clean , but arent willing to pick up after themself,
and so forth...

Miharu

Smash Hero
if you didnt go to oc3 thats none of your concern. I already mentioned for the people who did attend the dvds will be cheaper than for those who didnt. Logic has nothing to do with this. For the people who didnt go to oc3 if they want matches they can pay for them on dvd, otherwise they shouldnt care for them. Everyone wants matches released online for free that is not my concern either. People who went to oc3 saw the matches and if they want the dvds as a memorial thing then great. For people who didnt go and want the matches we already have some online for them. If they want the good matches then pay for it. Myself release the matches for people who put down oc3 is a joke right? Why release something to someone who wants videos of oc3 but hates the way it was handled. I only see complaints from people who didnt attend oc3, and like you said whether or not i would like to release those matches is entirely up to me. Buy the dvd or dont i really dont care. I am just putting something out there for those who want it.
I went to OC3. I still don't see why you're charging for the videos.

As from a personal standpoint, right now, I really don't have much of a problem with OC3 was run, since that's over and done with, and nothing will be solved with pointless bickering and arguing. I, for one, would like to apologize for the unnecessary accusations that I placed upon the OC3 staff for various aspects of the tournament.

However, what most of us don't understand is why you're still going to lengths to distance and alienate yourself from the rest of the community. As general consensus has shown, most of us would like to have the matches uploaded on youtube for viewing, or simply on a site like Filefront where we can all download it for keepsaking. I for one would find having the separate matches on my computer to be much more convenient than having them all on a DVD. Each individual match is much more easily accessed, and with a computer and can go to any point in the match much more easily than I would be able to do on a DVD player. Uploading to say, Filefront, is also much less labor-intensive than creating a high-quality DVD for viewing. It also doesn't take the large numbers of blank discs you would have to buy just to create said DVDs.

If you're trying to "punsih" some people for not appreciating how OC3 was run, then I don't have much to say. We all have to learn to forgive someday. But if you wish to distance yourself further from the smash community, that's your choice.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
as stated before

I went to OC3. I still don't see why you're charging for the videos.

As from a personal standpoint, right now, I really don't have much of a problem with OC3 was run, since that's over and done with, and nothing will be solved with pointless bickering and arguing. I, for one, would like to apologize for the unnecessary accusations that I placed upon the OC3 staff for various aspects of the tournament.

However, what most of us don't understand is why you're still going to lengths to distance and alienate yourself from the rest of the community. As general consensus has shown, most of us would like to have the matches uploaded on youtube for viewing, or simply on a site like Filefront where we can all download it for keepsaking. I for one would find having the separate matches on my computer to be much more convenient than having them all on a DVD. Each individual match is much more easily accessed, and with a computer and can go to any point in the match much more easily than I would be able to do on a DVD player. Uploading to say, Filefront, is also much less labor-intensive than creating a high-quality DVD for viewing. It also doesn't take the large numbers of blank discs you would have to buy just to create said DVDs.

If you're trying to "punsih" some people for not appreciating how OC3 was run, then I don't have much to say. We all have to learn to forgive someday. But if you wish to distance yourself further from the smash community, that's your choice.
hydro if you went to oc3 the matches will be offered for a cheaper price then for those who didnt go. If oc3 is alienated it is because people made it that way after the tournament was over. No matter what we do people are always going to complain about how things were ran etc.

Why make dvds instead of upload them to file front? sharing issues. it is as simple as that. We give you matches then everyone gets them, even the people that despise oc3. Atleast with the dvd people who hate oc3 wouldnt want to support it.

Miharu

Smash Hero
hydro if you went to oc3 the matches will be offered for a cheaper price then for those who didnt go. If oc3 is alienated it is because people made it that way after the tournament was over. No matter what we do people are always going to complain about how things were ran etc.

Why make dvds instead of upload them to file front? sharing issues. it is as simple as that. We give you matches then everyone gets them, even the people that despise oc3. Atleast with the dvd people who hate oc3 wouldnt want to support it.
But what's the point of doing all this; just so people who "despise" OC3 don't get the matches? You do realize that your act of going to all the trouble to encode the DVDs is quite pointless when eventually, as Buzz said, someone will find a way to crack the code, and all of your work will be for naught?

Don't you think that it'd just be better to just let grudges go, and just let everyone have them? It's not even about the money at this point, but it's whether you're willing to be the first to apologize (since both sides are at fault here), and start anew. It's just that a large portion of the smash community harbors a significant dislike for you, and this is exactly why.

But what's the point of doing all this; just so people who "despise" OC3 don't get the matches? You do realize that your act of going to all the trouble to encode the DVDs is quite pointless when eventually, as Buzz said, someone will find a way to crack the code, and all of your work will be for naught?

Don't you think that it'd just be better to just let grudges go, and just let everyone have them? It's not even about the money at this point, but it's whether you're willing to be the first to apologize (since both sides are at fault here), and start anew. It's just that a large portion of the smash community harbors a significant dislike for you, and this is exactly why.
I really think that you should acknowledge this ManaCloud.

Even though this may be a sudden realization, I believe that this statement does state why someone can dislike your methods of bartering.

Sure, there may be some of the afromentioned issues occuring in the future, but since they will happen regaurdless, then why go through the trouble.

That is essentially what he is saying. Taking advantage of a simple matter for Finantial gain is a great way to show your odiousity towards someone.

I know that what any of us say won't change your mind, but take your methods of video distribution into consideration. Is it really worth it?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
God. After all the *****ing about videos last year, I'm surprised you're doing this again. I know for a fact that the matches I want to see were not taped. I think the same applies to others who are more interested in seeing the people they know play rather than Bombsoldier vs Ken or whatever. They weren't taped last year and I doubt they were taped this year. Did you not allow camcorders into the building again as well?

Well, at least this time Arash posted the costs so we can at least see how much you're going to be making off the videos. Last year was $20 or something. Not too sure. They took so long I lost interest in the matches by the time they were released. And like I said, the matches I wanted to see weren't on them anyway. I remember them being on YouTube before everyone had even got the DVDs though.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
of course

I really think that you should acknowledge this ManaCloud.

Even though this may be a sudden realization, I believe that this statement does state why someone can dislike your methods of bartering.

Sure, there may be some of the afromentioned issues occuring in the future, but since they will happen regaurdless, then why go through the trouble.

That is essentially what he is saying. Taking advantage of a simple matter for Finantial gain is a great way to show your odiousity towards someone.

I know that what any of us say won't change your mind, but take your methods of video distribution into consideration. Is it really worth it?
hes saying why even make a dvd, just post them all online ? Why go through all the trouble of protection, right?
whos saying we havent done that?

glens done a great job by posting the matches online on
get your tournament.com. Its free so anyone who wants them can go get them. If you want to as well try to upload those matches on youtube and see how glen(thegame2) feels. He's already telling people to not do so because its his business at stake here.

and yes firestorm88 this time around the matches that people didnt get last year are taped this year in the preliminaries meaning videos of random matches are uploaded on getyourtournament.com. Firestorm88 you are definitely right about why i am doing it again. I do not have too, but its a choice people who've aimed me wants me too. I am for the guys who went to oc3 who want one, not for the people who just hate paying for matches, at the same time dislike a tournament most of us staff worked so hard to produced.

now for the rest of the files i have. These files werent going to be online for free download in the first place. They were going to be use to make a dvd regardless of whether people like it or not. So in the end why make something like this? Ive learned quite a bit from the oc2 dvds. A lot of people did buy them but many stopped due to the people who ripped it and put it online. After this i felt bad for those who did support oc2. Hell, even nealdt put in a special message regarding the distribution of the oc2 dvd, but that was also totally ignored.

This year even more people want me to put it online even for those who dont support oc3. I think it is in my interest to make it one hell of a difficult dvd to put online for those who buy the dvd. Also make it one hella of a dvd to buy for those who did attend. Most tournaments do not make dvds and im quite generous to make an oc3 dvd for those who want it. And those who gain publicity through matches release them for free. Dont forget that oc3 is not a business. I announced this before oc3 happened, and people should have already expected this. It is only until now that people who are accusing us of certain things have problems with the dvds being on sale as well.

if people have questions concerning the oc3 dvd they can aim me directly. Ill only speak to those who attended oc3.

Once again the dvd is an option. Like a choice for people who want it or not. Whether or not I go through the laborous process of protecting it is my choice. Just like the guy whos going to buy one and try to rip it and put it online is his choice.

Miharu

Smash Hero
hes saying why even make a dvd, just post them all online ? right?
whos saying we havent done that?

glens done a great job by posting the matches online on
getyour tournament.com

now for the rest of the files i have. These files werent going to be online for free download in the first place. They were going to be use to make a dvd regardless of whether people like it or not. So in the end why make something like this? Ive learned quite a bit from the oc2 dvds. A lot of people did buy them but many stopped due to the people who ripped it and put it online. After this i felt bad for those who did support oc2. This year even people really want to put it online for those who dont support oc3. I think it is in my interest to make it one hell of a difficult dvd to put online.

if people have questions concerning the oc3 dvd they can aim me directly. Ill only speak to those attending oc3.
Glenn only has a portion of the files online. And they're all either pools matches (which are quite boring, honestly), or preliminary brackets, which aren't too hot, anyways. So not all of the vids are up online.

Most people are interested in the finals matches, when the **** actually gets interesting. And I seriously am tired of trying to tell you that it isn't about giving the matches to people "who don't support OC3." I don't think anybody really gives a **** about that. It's about letting the community see the videos of the smashers they idolize, so the SSBM community can improve as a whole. The purpose of recording matches in the first place is to let people who couldn't come to the tournament see the matches, NOT for the purpose of keeping them to yourself and only releasing them to those who have enough money to pay you for it.

Do you know why those videos were ripped? Because it's really worth it for us, and not honest for you, to put up a DVD that costs money for us to buy. I'm guessing it'd be around $20 or so (seems reasonable for a DVD, doesn't it?), and I honestly hope you're not going to charge more for it, because that'd just be bull****. If you decide to come to terms with what's been going on these past few months, and decide to just FORGIVE those who seem to be offending you (chillin, and others if I must pick out names), the community will be certain to regard you in a kinder light, and next time, more people might be inclined to defend you, and take your side. You realize that people will only buy the DVD out of sheer necessity, and once the code is cracked, no more will be bought? I can guarantee you that a group of smashers will just pool their money to buy one copy, rip the files off said DVD, and all of your spiteful work will have been for absolutely nothing. So how about putting your efforts into something that won't go to waste?

Quit making a petty argument about this. I think most of us are past the point of bickering about pointless bull****, and it's really only you and a few others who refuse to budge from your original standings on the issue. Seems like that you just want to do what you believe is right, since you've suffered so many injustices at the hands of a few teenagers and 20-something year-olds. I'm really disappointed that you can't even begin to forgive people, but you have to hear them say that they're completely, and undeniably, in the wrong before you even begin to apologize.

Sad that the smash community has to be split over something as petty as this.

Eratangos

Smash Cadet
Well, I don't think something as petty as this is going to "split" the smash community. Also, being called thief. crook, swindler....by like 30+ people is no fun, especially when you just did so much to try to make something good and it's not like it's over, people are still accusing them. They were even saying theyre should be legal action towards them...guilty until proven innocent...wow. Those who buy it are those that support them, and it probably will find it's way online. Really no big deal.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Well, I don't think something as petty as this is going to "split" the smash community. Also, being called thief. crook, swindler....by like 30+ people is no fun, especially when you just did so much to try to make something good and it's not like it's over, people are still accusing them. They were even saying theyre should be legal action towards them...guilty until proven innocent...wow. Those who buy it are those that support them, and it probably will find it's way online. Really no big deal.
Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion, and just regurgitating old information. Don't you understand it's not about what people wrongly did/said to him, but rather how he's going to deal with it? What he's doing right now is the act of a 7 year old child who knows no better: "You were mean to me, so now I won't share my toys with you." However, being much older than that, he should know how to forgive people for their misdeeds, not try to attempt to punish them in a futile grasp at power.

How is it not split, may I ask? People who support OC3 and Manacloud on one side, and all who oppose on the other. That's a pretty clear split, right there. And the people who don't care won't really be affected by this, will they? Also, he's being called all those things by people who he doesn't know, and he said this himself, "by people that he could care less about." In life, there will always be those who badmouth you for trying to do something; there's no getting around that. The proper thing to do would be to ignore them and move on. But instead, he's trying to display how "right" he is by being selfish and taking out his anger on others, by making the videos available only if you pay him.

In essence, you're just saying, "let them do whatever they want, I don't give a **** since the videos will find their way online anyways." Why bother saying anything if you don't have anything useful to contribute?

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
I agree completely. This situation is like how a toddler would handle a disagreement. We people who disagreed with him took a bite of his cookie, so now manacloud migrated to the other side of the room guarding his toys, and only letting others play with them by trading. My toys for your money. GG.

nublet06

Smash Lord
why dont you all just shut up and wait for the videos to be uploaded.

anyone with a capture card could re-record all of these videos and upload them without anyone needing to put in a password or any crap like that.

just shutup and wait for it to happen.....OR.....buy a DVD. both of these ways dont require any complaining on the boards.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I personally feel they should be just posted online for a couple reasons...

The main one being, as said before, someone is going to post them anyway, not that I don't think thats wrong, but if they are there I may as well type of thing.

The other thing is I and I'm sure many others are only interested in specific videos, so I don't really want to pay for a bunch of matches I don't plan on watching.

I'm just adding my 2 cents because Mike seemed to be interested on what other people who went to the tournament had to say.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I think making a DVD will be excellent, it'll help people remember the event even more and make it something special people can put in their Dvd collection. Of course there will be plenty of crowd footage, player interviews ( I think we have some) and of course some of the best smash matches in history.

"ken vs king"

Putting it online really won't make it anything special as much as we'd want it to be. Of course in the end, people will complain no matter what we do, so yes as ROFL said, please be patient.

PS: I have much to post about 0c3, it's taking me days to write, and I am taking a chill pill and trying to recooperate from the tournament.

Miharu

Smash Hero

anyone with a capture card could re-record all of these videos and upload them without anyone needing to put in a password or any crap like that.

just shutup and wait for it to happen.....OR.....buy a DVD. both of these ways dont require any complaining on the boards.
No they can't; they don't have access to the original tapes. You can shut up and wait for all I care, but don't infringe on our right to post our opinions on a public forum.

And Ken, I completely understand what you're saying. But if people want it to be memorable, they'll buy a DVD regardless of cost. So if you upload the files and make a DVD, those who want the footage just for the sake of watching will get that, and those who want to preserve the memory of OC3 will also be able to do so in the form of buying a DVD. However, if you force people to buy DVDs, then it'll seem like you just want to squeeze money out of people by making buy an expensive piece of memorabilia; that's because currently it is only you who has access to the original footage.

Yes, people will always complain about everything. But does that really stop us from doing what we choose to do? No, not really. So please don't use "people are going to complain anyways" as an excuse.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I guess if you don't care how your viewed by the Smash Community because you've already come to the conclusion that you're going to viewed as "the bad guy", then there's not much anyone can do. Just don't get defensive and think it's unreasonable when everyone says you're a horrible person and feels the need to voice their frustration.

Atlus8

Smash Master

THANK YOU! I was waiting for someone to say that. Also, I'm skimming through the old OC2 Zero Challenge Video Thread and it's as almost as if someone copied and pasted the thread here. You hear some of the same people complaining about how they don't get to see the matches and what not. Seriously, wait until someone rips off the vids and gets them posted online or buy the dvd.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

i have about 14 tapes from oc3 and chances are lots of the matches wont make it on dvd. For those who feel that the matches should be online for public viewing ill release those to make you all happy. For those who want to buy a dvd with the remaining matches i encourage you to do so.

This argument is going no where so thats my end conclusion.

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
I agree. Making a DVD AND uploading files is a great idea. If you want to know the people who "support" you, it will be pretty apparent. Making a DVD and uploading files basically makes everyone happy. Those who want to support all you've done for the tournament will buy your DVD, and those worried about just watching the matches will be satisfied. If quelling the disagreements is in interest, then making everyone happy would help, instead of making DVDs out of spite.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I agree. Making a DVD AND uploading files is a great idea. If you want to know the people who "support" you, it will be pretty apparent. Making a DVD and uploading files basically makes everyone happy. Those who want to support all you've done for the tournament will buy your DVD, and those worried about just watching the matches will be satisfied. If quelling the disagreements is in interest, then making everyone happy would help, instead of making DVDs out of spite.
Nothing's changed. The vids that everyone wants to watch will still be on the DVD (ie. M2K vs. PC Chris).

It's still out of spite, if anything.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Same crap as OC2, same thing is going to happen. The DVD isn't going to be finished until the community as a whole has advanced beyond the point of what a majority of the matches display. In this case, however, Brawl will be out before this DVD, and all the information regarding this will become useless. The DVD will be nothing more than memorabilia (which I have plenty of, due to getting my controller signed by 21 professionals and 2 others, as well as taking pictures and the like). There's nothing you guys can do, Mike's made his mind up. He's not going to share them for free, this is the last squeeze before the cash cow dies. Doesn't help that everyone's hurling insults at him and the OC3 staff, either. Kinda gives him a way to validate and justify what he's doing.

My suggestion? Just go watch the FC videos and talk to anyone that was at the tournament, especially if you didn't go to OC. That's the only way you're going to get anything from this before SSBM is more than just dead where it stands. It's the grim truth. =/

In other news, there **** well better be an OC4 for Brawl. I want to see everyone gather up for the next generation, and desperately need an excuse for Ken to host another tournament. He's ****ing nice.

EDIT: Thanks Mike for at least tossing us the matches that won't make it to DVD. That makes me happy. ♥

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm what i was thinking.

Same crap as OC2, same thing is going to happen. The DVD isn't going to be finished until the community as a whole has advanced beyond the point of what a majority of the matches display. In this case, however, Brawl will be out before this DVD, and all the information regarding this will become useless. The DVD will be nothing more than memorabilia (which I have plenty of, due to getting my controller signed by 21 professionals and 2 others, as well as taking pictures and the like). There's nothing you guys can do, Mike's made his mind up. He's not going to share them for free, this is the last squeeze before the cash cow dies. Doesn't help that everyone's hurling insults at him and the OC3 staff, either. Kinda gives him a way to validate and justify what he's doing.

My suggestion? Just go watch the FC videos and talk to anyone that was at the tournament, especially if you didn't go to OC. That's the only way you're going to get anything from this before SSBM is more than just dead where it stands. It's the grim truth. =/

In other news, there **** well better be an OC4 for Brawl. I want to see everyone gather up for the next generation, and desperately need an excuse for Ken to host another tournament. He's ****ing nice.

EDIT: Thanks Mike for at least tossing us the matches that won't make it to DVD. That makes me happy. ♥
The only reason why i wanted to make another dvd for oc3 in the first place is to wrap up oc3. It seems after everything that has happened oc3 for some reason has a bad rap because of some outcomes that we couldnt control. If oc3 had a better venue maybe it would change the outcome of the tournament. However, with lots of people wanting housing(which is the only way people will attend tournaments) its making it much more difficult for host to provide depending where they live. With that now said,
ive mentioned the dvd as a memorabilia for those who went to oc3 to have. Chances are brawl is going to be out at the same time or later than this dvd and nobody would cease to care afterwards.

if anyone has questions regarding oc3 t shirts, dvds, pm or aim me and ill be happy to answer them.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Even if we had a resort as a venue, someone woulda accused you and Ken of embezzling. People are lame like that. =/

Do you have a picture of the shirt?

nublet06

Smash Lord
No they can't; they don't have access to the original tapes. You can shut up and wait for all I care, but don't infringe on our right to post our opinions on a public forum.

And Ken, I completely understand what you're saying. But if people want it to be memorable, they'll buy a DVD regardless of cost. So if you upload the files and make a DVD, those who want the footage just for the sake of watching will get that, and those who want to preserve the memory of OC3 will also be able to do so in the form of buying a DVD. However, if you force people to buy DVDs, then it'll seem like you just want to squeeze money out of people by making buy an expensive piece of memorabilia; that's because currently it is only you who has access to the original footage.

Yes, people will always complain about everything. But does that really stop us from doing what we choose to do? No, not really. So please don't use "people are going to complain anyways" as an excuse.

your opinion is ******** tho. your complaining because you want the videos to be uploaded online. AND THEY WILL BE UPLOADED ONLINE. so why not just wait?

SOMEBODY IS GONNA BUY THE DVD.....AND UPLOAD THE VIDEOS.....JUST LIKE THEY DID FOR THE 0C2 DVD

Miharu

Smash Hero
your opinion is ******** tho. your complaining because you want the videos to be uploaded online. AND THEY WILL BE UPLOADED ONLINE. so why not just wait?

SOMEBODY IS GONNA BUY THE DVD.....AND UPLOAD THE VIDEOS.....JUST LIKE THEY DID FOR THE 0C2 DVD
That's great, you feel better now that you're done calling me ********?

You obviously don't see the point, and there's honestly no point in explaining it now, since nobody seems to like using logic at all. Maybe if you read my previous posts more carefully, you'll see what I mean, instead of skimming, and assuming that I'm doing this because I'm too cheap to buy the ****ing DVD.

nublet06

Smash Lord
****it why did you edit the post....you said you were done with it before. i guess you will keep going tho :(

as for future posters. stop trying to get mana to not make a DVD. they made an 0c2 DVD. they will make an 0c3 dvd. nothing you say will change this. some people just like having everything on a nice disc that they can watch on their tv. not everyone enjoys youtube and its crappy quality videos. however if you dont want the dvd, or you dont want to spend the money. i assure you these matches WILL end up on youtube within weeks of the first dvd sales. so just wait for them.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
also kyle youve been to oc2 , and when you left your phone accidently we came out of our way to return it and paid shipping. You should know better than anyone else we arent like this.
Umm.... no you didn't. My friend S.O.S. picked it up at one of the biweeklys at your house, then he mailed it back to me.

EDIT: Not trying to be mean, but it is the truth.

BTW, it's a shame that BACH stopped doing stuff. In fact, wasn't he supposed to have gone to OC2 but declined?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If I have the $$$ in my bank account, I plan on taking up where Bach left off :)

If they can get the DVD done quickly, it'd be a good idea, but more than likely it won't be done for some time.

14 Tapes having not only to upload, encode, and edit, but to choose what stays and what doesn't? Hard stuff to handle, it takes days to do that kind of stuff, and that's considering they're just sitting at their computer all day watching the encoding process.

More than likely the DVD will be out too late for anyone to really want to watch it, but I'd still like to see M2K's vids.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Umm.... no you didn't. My friend S.O.S. picked it up at one of the biweeklys at your house, then he mailed it back to me.

EDIT: Not trying to be mean, but it is the truth.

BTW, it's a shame that BACH stopped doing stuff. In fact, wasn't he supposed to have gone to OC2 but declined?
oh , i think im thinking about the other guy. Luckily sos came so arash never sent it. For that i apologize.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
In this entire thread there are about 15-20 people who actually gave shouts, if that.

The deal: if you like it, pay for it. The end. You don't go around yelling at a business because they charge more than their initial costs. If the OC3 staff profited, so what? To sum it all up:

Registration - $75
T-shirt - $35
Donation - $100
Transportation - $250

OC3 - PRICELESS!

Now, the reason for this thread, shouts:

ThomaSexy - nice job ****** me that first match

MikeMonkey/Bob$ - I need Doc practice!! Both of you guys ****ed me up.

Dread - GG. Close set. Kinda lame I lost only to NorCal, but I had fun playing you. I want revenge!!!

Eddie - Super close set in friendlies. I know you weren't giving it your all but it still felt good going stock for stock with a very good Ganon.

Arash - tio autosaves!!! lol. Just find the autosave file in the main tio folder. That way you won't spend HOURS RECREATING POOLS!!!! Thanks for the ride and the NorCal Jack in the Box run. lol

Azn_Lep - Thanks for the IC tips and the ride. How did you not make it out of pools.

T0mmy + foxroar - Hella fun with the first ever PICHU CHALLENGE!! OMG Pichu *****. T0mmy we'll wreak more havoc at Super Champ Combo.

T!mmy, Nashun, Dodger - Kirby pwnage!! You guys are all great. Hella fun in friendlies Dodger - I totally bluffed that YYG!! lol Nashun I heard about you asking who you teamed with, lol. No prob though I was hella tired too.

Chu/Wobbles - GG Ice Climbers. You guys were the only ICs to place higher than me. Hella fun in the Ice Climber Challenge Wobbles!

OC3 was great, I'll see everyone at Super Champ Combo. ^_^ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom