• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Smash Bros. 3DS Stream at Comic-Con Starting Now!

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I can't believe almost every single match had either Bowser, Yoshi, Kirby, Toon Link, Sheik, or Luigi. Marth got wrecked and humilliated again, so was Zelda, and basically everybody else. Those who used Pikachu, Sonic, Samus and Greninja were great though.

Last edited:

Comet FireClaw

Smash Cadet
I wasnt expecting so many bowsers , but it looks like he got a huge buff .I was expecting more pikachu and ZSS.other then that no new reveal.but I think we gave the data collection team a little more to work with today. Im sure they will be reviewing and breaking down the footage

Oh and that bowser shield break + PUNISH was AMAZING

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
A shield break and a Bowser ditto in a Smash Bros Grand Final match..this game is looking to be a completely different beast! And i cannot wait! Also, I could definitely tell that the 3DS version is much closer to being finished as opposed to the WiiU just due to how it played. It was much more fast paced and fluent and just all around more complete.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Whenever there are events like these, I immediately think that there will be a character reveal or more information about the next two upcoming games. But then I remember Robin and Lucina were just announced.
Well, Ike was revealed like 5 days before E3.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Well, Ike was revealed like 5 days before E3.
I don't think Comicon is on the level of E3 in terms of importance to the video game community. Although the 25,000 people watching smash may prove me wrong on that count.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I was thinking there was going to be a character reveal, but apparently not. Maybe they're doing something like that tomorrow/Sunday? It just seems odd that they wouldn't add somebody during such a massive event like this. Plus, with August's coro coro reveal, and hell, even the fact the 3ds version launches in Japan on September 13th...kinda means they need to start pumping characters out a lot quicker.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I don't think Comicon is on the level of E3 in terms of importance to the video game community. Although the 25,000 people watching smash may prove me wrong on that count.
Who knows, maybe Troll King Sakurai is watching and might reveal something soon, or he just enjoy watching us scratching our heads and speculating.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Who knows, maybe Troll King Sakurai is watching and might reveal something soon, or he just enjoy watching us scratching our heads and speculating.
Too true. I think it'd be nice even if he just revealed a veteran. I can wait on a newcomer for another months or two before wondering about it.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Too true. I think it'd be nice even if he just revealed a veteran. I can wait on a newcomer for another months or two before wondering about it.
I'm with you, I really want to see Ness, Jiggly, Ganon, Broken Knight, Grab Climbers, Pheasant, Game n Watch and Mew2.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
A shield break and a Bowser ditto in a Smash Bros Grand Final match..this game is looking to be a completely different beast! And i cannot wait! Also, I could definitely tell that the 3DS version is much closer to being finished as opposed to the WiiU just due to how it played. It was much more fast paced and fluent and just all around more complete.
Well this is most likely the Sm4sh for beta what was playable at the smash invitational was an alpha build but I could be wrong and this could also be the alpha I didn't get to see the tournament since I was working

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
The ending was so anticlimactic. Could that winner have been any less enthusiastic? He had that "oh, great, a robe" reaction. Also we should start a rule in the community where booing should be looked down on during tourneys. So immature..

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well...if there's one thing to take from tonight, it's to look the **** out for Bowser.

Hopefully there'll still be a character reveal before the convention's end...

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was thinking there was going to be a character reveal, but apparently not. Maybe they're doing something like that tomorrow/Sunday? It just seems odd that they wouldn't add somebody during such a massive event like this.
They didn't reveal anything at EVO, despite the huge crowd, so another missed opportunity for a reveal would not be unexpected.

D

Deleted member

The stream was great, and it showed that the 3DS game can be just as competitive as the Wii U game. There you go, no need to say it's inferior. The best part was the finale of course, but I also liked the other parts of the tournament. Remember: No Items. Bowser Only. Battlefield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The stream was great, and it showed that the 3DS game can be just as competitive as the Wii U game. There you go, no need to say it's inferior. The best part was the finale of course, but I also liked the other parts of the tournament. Remember: No Items. Bowser Only. Battlefield.
This breathes new life into the Bowser Challenge! 0.0

Scout is going to be all of us when THREE über Bowsers are running at us!!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm with you, I really want to see Ness, Jiggly, Ganon, Broken Knight, Grab Climbers, Pheasant, Game n Watch and Mew2.
I feel like ganondorf or ice climbers would be a good announcement thing, it's enough to not to feel like a wasted opportunity but not too much that we get used to huge character reveals and are soon dissapointed

gamestationpro

Smash Cadet
NNID
gamestationpro
3DS FC
1993-8204-9756
Really great stream hype for more future bowser dittos bill and jc need to appear at some tournaments in the future their matches were hype

Soul.

Well, I guess the 3DS tournament was better than the Invitational.
This definitely showed that the 3DS version is a viable competitive game, and since it is Smash Bros., it was already clear that it would be a game for competitive players, as well as the normal Smash players. At this point, both versions will be played competitively. There is no need to call one version inferior--they aren't. Both will have their good stuff, and really, this version isn't inferior.
Sure, the game looked like the "inferior" version because of it being on a handheld, but now, everything has changed for Smash 3DS.
The image below is part of why this tournament seemed better, and is probably the most hype moment of it.

No Items, Bowser only, Flying Slam (Side B), Battlefield. New metagame!

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Well, I guess the 3DS tournament was better than the Invitational.
This definitely showed that the 3DS version is a viable competitive game, and since it is Smash Bros., it was already clear that it would be a game for competitive players, as well as the normal Smash players. At this point, both versions will be played competitively. There is no need to call one version inferior--they aren't. Both will have their good stuff, and really, this version isn't inferior.
Sure, the game looked like the "inferior" version because of it being on a handheld, but now, everything has changed for Smash 3DS.
The image below is part of why this tournament seemed better, and is probably the most hype moment of it.

No Items, Bowser only, Flying Slam (Side B), Battlefield. New metagame!
Bowsercide never gets old. :)

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
That Bowser vs Bowser Grand Finale match was just downright epic! Even though the Smash Bros 3DS Tournament started off rocky, it was smooth sailing once they got deeper into the tourney and the 1v1/quarterfinal matches began. Very impressed with how good the 3DS version of Smash Bros is looking and playing!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Whenever there are events like these, I immediately think that there will be a character reveal or more information about the next two upcoming games. But then I remember Robin and Lucina were just announced.
Well hey, you never know. Palutena was announced, then the smash invitational, then Pac-man. So maybe the same for the 3DS. Robin and Lucina were revealed, then the 3DS tournament begins, then since we have that new star fox stage confirmed, then I assume Falco and quite possibly Crystal will come back.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking there was going to be a character reveal, but apparently not. Maybe they're doing something like that tomorrow/Sunday? It just seems odd that they wouldn't add somebody during such a massive event like this. Plus, with August's coro coro reveal, and hell, even the fact the 3ds version launches in Japan on September 13th...kinda means they need to start pumping characters out a lot quicker.
Except that when brawl was released in Japan they had not announced all the characters prior to releasing the game.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Except that when brawl was released in Japan they had not announced all the characters prior to releasing the game.
True, but they might not end up doing that at all and reveal everything. For example, the coro coro in August is said to reveal the full roster for the 3DS version. Even if they just show off the starting roster, we have 4 characters who could still be in the game as starters like they were before, that haven't been announced yet: Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Wario, and Lucas (Who is the only one of the 4 to be at risk of being cut)

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
this also proves de wii u version if far from being completed
Well to be fair this is still E3 build, we don't know how far the game has come since the reveal of all these new characters.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Everybody and their mom was playing Bowser and I can't say I got tired of it seeing as we rarely ever see someone playing Bowser in tournament.

Top Bottom