• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Diosama

Stand User
Are we allowed to request textures? Dolphin doesn't run on my craptop computer making it difficult for me to edit appropriately. I have 2 in mind if anyone would care to make them.

AirFair

Marth tho
Meta Knight Marth (Green) leads to an error :(
EDIT: the link was broken, had to go find the original in the thread.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
So I kinda went crazy and made a bunch of cursors for the SSS. Again. Actually, I made most of these a few weeks ago, but never got around to uploading them.

Cursor Pack 2 Preview.png

Name: Stage Select Screen Cursor Pack 2 (25 total!)
Made By: DRGN
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9j86mmziqri22c/DRGN's_SSS_Cursor_Pack_2.zip

Pretty much all are custom made, besides like the basic shine shape and Amber Radials. The NERV Reticle I made from looking at a reticle I saw in Evangelion. Many of the others are inspired by GITS & Iron Man UIs.

The texture to change is at 0xDEC0 in MnSlMap (both .usd & .dat)

All of these have a texture type that's different than the original texture in order to support color. If you're using DTW, you don't really need to worry about it (DTW will automatically change the texture type in the image data header for you if the texture type is in the file name, which it is for these). But if you're doing things manually, you'll need to modify this texture's image data header in the MnSlMap file (or change the texture type back to _1 in the file name, the default, but you'll lose color if the texture has any). To change the header manually, you just need to go to one specific byte in MnSlMap:

If you're using MnSlMap.usd, it's at offset is 0x6EDB3.
If you're using MnSlMap.dat, it's at offset is 0x792B3.
(^ These are for 1.02, but I'm guessing it's the same for the other game versions.)

There, you'll find "01" (which is the original texture's type), change this to "0e".

Also included in the download is the GIMP project files, in case you want to tweak one of these to your liking.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
So I kinda went crazy and made a bunch of cursors for the SSS. Again. Actually, I made most of these a few weeks ago, but never got around to uploading them.

View attachment 89032

Name: Stage Select Screen Cursor Pack 2 (25 total!)
Made By: DRGN
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9j86mmziqri22c/DRGN's_SSS_Cursor_Pack_2.zip

Pretty much all are custom made, besides like the basic shine shape and Amber Radials. The NERV Reticle I made from looking at a reticle I saw in Evangelion. Many of the others are inspired by GITS & Iron Man UIs.

The texture to change is at 0xDEC0 in MnSlMap (both .usd & .dat)

All of these have a texture type that's different than the original texture in order to support color. If you're using DTW, you don't really need to worry about it (DTW will automatically change the texture type in the image data header for you if the texture type is in the file name, which it is for these). But if you're doing things manually, you'll need to modify this texture's image data header in the MnSlMap file (or change the texture type back to _1 in the file name, the default, but you'll lose color if the texture has any). To change the header manually, you just need to go to one specific byte in MnSlMap:

If you're using MnSlMap.usd, it's at offset is 0x6EDB3.
If you're using MnSlMap.dat, it's at offset is 0x792B3.
(^ These are for 1.02, but I'm guessing it's the same for the other game versions.)

There, you'll find "01" (which is the original texture's type), change this to "0e".

Also included in the download is the GIMP project files, in case you want to tweak one of these to your liking.

Enjoy!
The shine haha

Hype Man

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I trying to make a melee build for my hometown but I'm having a bit of trouble finding the appropriate threads and such to help me. I mostly just want to change the colour scheme of the CSS and the SSS and also add a logo I made (in short, kinda what the creator of the beast v build did). Didn't really know where to look so any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Foxco

Smash Cadet
Can anyone tell me how I can replace the alternate costumes instead of originals? I've spent days trying to figure it out but I've found nothing that's helped. I tried replacing the trophy file where the alternate costume is with a new costume (falco costume) but dat texture wizard says it cant replace smaller files with larger ones. Any help would be great!

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone tell me how I can replace the alternate costumes instead of originals? I've spent days trying to figure it out but I've found nothing that's helped. I tried replacing the trophy file where the alternate costume is with a new costume (falco costume) but dat texture wizard says it cant replace smaller files with larger ones. Any help would be great!
try reading the thread about 20xx since you are talking about 20xx

Foxco

Smash Cadet
try reading the thread about 20xx since you are talking about 20xx
I have tried looking through that as well as all the threads on replacing textures but nothing seemed to address this issue as far as I saw

VikingSteeez

Smash Cadet
I have tried looking through that as well as all the threads on replacing textures but nothing seemed to address this issue as far as I saw
Depends what version of 20XX. If it's the new 20XX4.0, then the L and R alts are the .lat and .rat versions right next to the original .dat file.
I'm guessing you have 3.02; it's under Character Select Screen Toggles > (L Button) Alternate Costumes

Last edited:

Itaru

MasterGanon

Hype Man

Smash Rookie
Here's a thread on it if you have further questions: http://smashboards.com/threads/all-...ophies-sharing-my-last-wip-mod-thingy.379629/

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice

Name: Green Feathers (replaces PlFcGr.dat)
Made By: God with a Wavebird
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a504au0dfjvt63l/PlFcGr][BlackandWhiteGreen.dat

and here are some Pichu textures I made a while ago:

Name: Mew (replaces PlPcNr.dat)
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4acv34jy9ojlbby/PlPcNr][Mewcomplete.dat

Name: Manaphy (replaces PlPcBu.dat)
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vfb7560ud29ubuu/Manaphy5complete.dat

Name: Celebi (replaces PlPcGr.dat)
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4l46v84yw8a8jc/PlPcGr][Celebi3complete.dat

Name: Victini (replaces PlPcRe.dat)
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/umbpo2zxm44ly6m/PlPcRe][Victini3complete.dat

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, request for any Star Wars textures you can think of! In honor of the new movie. So far i know there is a Darth Vader marth and i kinda remember seeing a Luke Marth but im not sure. Seems like Clone\Stormtrooper fox or falco would work, or maybe a Jango\Boba Fett Samus, or even a Chewbacca D.K. I can't create any textures currently because my laptop is booty, so let me know if you can help or even have any cool ideas for textures!! Thanks!!

Hype Man

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, request for any Star Wars textures you can think of! In honor of the new movie. So far i know there is a Darth Vader marth and i kinda remember seeing a Luke Marth but im not sure. Seems like Clone\Stormtrooper fox or falco would work, or maybe a Jango\Boba Fett Samus, or even a Chewbacca D.K. I can't create any textures currently because my laptop is booty, so let me know if you can help or even have any cool ideas for textures!! Thanks!!
A kylo ren (unmasked) marth would be badass

Han solo spacies?

Bb-8 kirby/puff?

Rey sheik?

Captain phasma falcon?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, I've got a request. With Pikachu in Red's hat, could you turn the red part of the hat blue?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533

Name: Storm Trooper Fox
Made By: CowlScatman
Download Link Here: https://mega.nz/#!wBhxGBpI!Xkuz5mg_-qC2cppOFoMIP2Tg2dszJFj3aHpTxX9m0xo

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Last edited:
Top Bottom