• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Ndrew

Smash Rookie
Yes, you can change the 20XX alt costumes. Just go to the thread and open the alt costumes collapse box and there are instructions at the bottom. You just replace the 20XX alt file with a different file.

As for adding new alt costumes, it is not easy. But just wait until next release!

20XX PAL Character File Names:
(can replace with any custom character file)
Code:
TyPit.dat....... PAL Marth (PlMs.dat)
ItCo.dat........ PAL Fox (PlFx.dat)
TyVirus.dat... PAL Falcon (PlCa.dat)
TyWario.dat. PAL Sheik (PlSk.dat)
TyOni.dat..... PAL Falco (PlFc.dat)
How do I decompile dat files to replace certain things in it. If that doesn't make sense, I'm trying to replace the laser files for Falco and I don't know how I would go about doing that. I have the PAL Falco dat file and I also have the blue Falco laser file.
This isn't the 20XX thread.
My bad, sorry. I was just caught up in texture modding, and the two kind of overlap.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
How do I decompile dat files to replace certain things in it. If that doesn't make sense, I'm trying to replace the laser files for Falco and I don't know how I would go about doing that. I have the PAL Falco dat file and I also have the blue Falco laser file.

My bad, sorry. I was just caught up in texture modding, and the two kind of overlap.
There is a complete thread dedicated to effects. Perhaps you should look there.

Ndrew

Smash Rookie
There is a complete thread dedicated to effects. Perhaps you should look there.
I didn't know that existed. I'll search for it, thanks. I'm somewhat ignorant when it comes to smashboards.

Ndrew

Smash Rookie
@ Veggies Veggies Sorry to bother you again, but do you think you could link me to the "effects" thread. I've had no luck in finding it, unfortunately.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Hmmm...nice. What hex mods did you do for this?
I did these hex modifications mostly with trail and error so they are kinda rough, but here's the modified offsets.

4B446 - Magnifier Area
36BB4 - Crane's Horizontal Position (Vertical is a few hexes to the right iirc. Look at Milun's ALES Website. The crane uses the 40/C0 data type so position data is more or less self-explanatory if you read his article.)
4B478 - Crane's timer. This affects every point of the crane's movement - when it moves, when it halts on the sides, etc.

I'm kind of too lazy to go get the new values from the GrFs.dat but if you want them I can find them again and give you the exact stuff. I should make scans of my notes but they don't really differ much from what Milun has.

Last edited:

Koopa|o.O

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to add the master ball to stadium, but the middle black line in the ball gets a little bit messed up. it's straight in the original image, any ideas on why this happens/ something i can do to fix this?

DRGN

Technowizard
I'm trying to add the master ball to stadium, but the middle black line in the ball gets a little bit messed up. it's straight in the original image, any ideas on why this happens/ something i can do to fix this?
I don't know what's causing it, but what if you added that curve, but in the opposite direction, to your original image?

Or, maybe rotate the ball 90 degrees counter-clockwise, so that the M is rightside-up, so the lines would be horizontal to the stage. The distortion might be from the model it's being attached to, so the lines might be strait then, but then it might just screw up the M instead (either that, or just barely miss it).

Last edited:

Wubbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wubbs
3DS FC
4484-7999-7990
Can someone make purple lasers for Fox and Falco? That would be awesome!

Wubbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wubbs
3DS FC
4484-7999-7990
Ok, sorry, and thanks. I asked for it elsewhere but they directed me here.

Siro

Smash Cadet

Red Young Link Redux (Replaces Red)
Made By: Siro
Download: https://mega.nz/#!U9ohXDaa!RLfs2YtxEBDcggxERZzSqkb2B5kydXftENq7jmN6lGY

Blue Young Link Redux (Replaces Blue)
Download: https://mega.nz/#!QgxkjZ6S!n_qNaTqpV7My9GgOY0ceodeP3GitlqMDEHtIUSOHwbA

Black Young Link Redux (Replaces Black)
Download: https://mega.nz/#!MwBiUAyL!pjNYg6QayxjHkoSaT-id7ezBUIjBJcAiFZtSup_rfn4

White Young Link Redux (Replaces White)
Download: https://mega.nz/#!5050AZDa!E5YIpI3XGsJFX-DvEUX6SP3HEAr-dvjNyJZAqWkTVLA

Last edited:

Ndrew

Smash Rookie
Appears that there's no download links for the rainbow falcon pack?

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Appears that there's no download links for the rainbow falcon pack?
Whenever I copy text that has a URL attached to it and then put it in the first post, the hyper link disappears. I have zero intention of re-doing anything that was submitted this way so if the creator the skins wants to resubmit them with actual links its up to them. All packs can be found within this thread anyhow.

Ndrew

Smash Rookie
Sorry in advance, I know that this is not the CSP section, but the rainbow colour falcon pack doesn't have CSP's with it, has it been linked in this forum before/have they been made at all?

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I think this texture should definitely be added to the main menu...

"Sentinel Fox" - inspired by the evil robots from the X-Men / Marvel universe. It replaces the default blue (lavender) fox.

Download: stacksmash.kontek.net/STUFFZ/SSBM/Characters/Fox/Sentinel_Fox.rar
Put it in the right format.

Steelia

Smash Champion
@ Steelia Steelia

I recently saw this of yours.

Do you know the offset for the poison mushroom texture (is it different than the reg mushroom?) and do you still have this texture that you could put on Mediafire?
For the Poison Mushroom, you can find the offsets here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9iuow6zmqw6gn3h/MushrK_KD.rar

Files 05~08. The Poison Mushroom is slightly more desaturated than the regular Mushroom, and has a mad-looking expression.

The textures . . . Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cilw2yoizob4wqu/Super_PoisonMushrooms_ItCo.rar

KneeIsLoveKneeIsLife

Smash Rookie
Hey.

Tried reading through some guides and stuff but haven't really found out what I do wrong. I extracted my melee iso, put the costumes in it as well as the 20xx hack pack. Well, I've had the 20XX pack for a while now and it worked like a charm. It still does, but the costumes from this thread simply don't show up at all. Why could that be? I did nothing other than put the files I downloaded here into the root folder, overwrote the old ones and put the game together again. From my understanding, this is how it should be done. Nothing comes up in game though, just the custom 20XX stuff that always was there.
Can someone help me?

Sorry to bother. ;_;

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Hey.

Tried reading through some guides and stuff but haven't really found out what I do wrong. I extracted my melee iso, put the costumes in it as well as the 20xx hack pack. Well, I've had the 20XX pack for a while now and it worked like a charm. It still does, but the costumes from this thread simply don't show up at all. Why could that be? I did nothing other than put the files I downloaded here into the root folder, overwrote the old ones and put the game together again. From my understanding, this is how it should be done. Nothing comes up in game though, just the custom 20XX stuff that always was there.
Can someone help me?

Sorry to bother. ;_;
Not how it should be done.
Read FAQ.

KneeIsLoveKneeIsLife

Smash Rookie
Not how it should be done.
Read FAQ.
Literally went through pages and pages of each thread and could not find an answer because it's all about hacking itself and not replacing at such a basic level. I ask because I haven't found anything, and not because I am not willing to do so. I also don't see why you make a FAQ if there's not basic things like 'How do I implement existing costumes into the game' in it. Not trying to be rude.

Edit: Literally in your opening post:

If the FAQ does not answer your question, PM me or ask on the thread

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Hey.

Can someone help me?

Sorry to bother. ;_;

pls post stuff about 20xx hack pack in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...re-alt-stages-costumes-new-debug-menu.351221/

Top Bottom