• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
I think fox has the edge on peach too, but it's a light edge. peach is really good. Armada come give us some peach fox tips on the peach boards^_^

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Vman, it's all about the mind games,
You have to trick people into believeing that Marth hard counters Yoshi so everyone would go Marth against you

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Marth is probably the easiest MU that comes up relatively common for Yoshi.

I've noticed when people try to CP Yoshi, it hardly ever works out. People are usually bad at the MU with their main, and trash when they try to CP you. I always tell people to go ahead and try to CP me, then I'll just out-gay them.

unknown522

Some guy
I don't understand. On the previous page, people see mango go fox against 1, maybe 2 specific people in tourey, but goes falco/falcon (maybe) in all other sets, and it means he went all fox....

And they weren't even nationals!

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It was a little distasteful. Should have done something a little better, like "Yeah but he has such a hard time beating inui. He always chokes."

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
From wht I can gather, he was only doing what most of the community wished they could do and that he kinda deserved it. I don't think Chris Brown/Rhianna was really the same type of thing

Laijin

Smash Hero
From wht I can gather, he was only doing what most of the community wished they could do and that he kinda deserved it. I don't think Chris Brown/Rhianna was really the same type of thing
To be fair, yeah...that is true. Its a true skill to be the most hated person in both the melee and brawl communities and Inui managed to pull it off.

But at the same time there are way more alternatives than putting your hands on someone. Its a huge stigma in society to do so and Inui, despite the fact he was trash talking him very loudly, could have probably pressed charges for it. I wasn't there personally so I'm just going off what I heard.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well like you said, inui has the camp advantage. I think if he spammed insults and ran away enough, he could win. But then again, unknown wins in a fair engagement. I think its pretty even

Bones0

Smash Legend
Well like you said, inui has the camp advantage. I think if he spammed insults and ran away enough, he could win. But then again, unknown wins in a fair engagement. I think its pretty even

If the matchup is really that fair, then why was Unknown banned? :troll:

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Eh I usually just stalk this thread,

But when IS a new tier list going to put together? I think after apex 2013 is a great time to re-average everything.
A final co-armada tier list should be put together (peach will rise)

Then evo/g3 and future tier lists will be the post armada metagame

Gea

Smash Master
Oh wait I misread one of your previous posts. Doin this right. My apologies my good man.

I have a list compiled, but right now the MBR is going through some tough times. There isn't much activity in the BR for a few reasons I wont get into, so we would rather wait until we can have more input. Currently we are aiming to release a tier list sometime in the first quarter of this year, but that is subject to change.

Just hang tight guys, its coming.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
As I said before(just recalling previous posts, not being d**k mode), even if the list didn't change much I'd still be ok with it as long as it was genuinely recognized as the 2013 MBR Tier List.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That's the question I've been wondering for a while now. I just didn't feel like posting it.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
im thinking cuz its a gauge of popular consensus on tier placement, which is interesting to a lot of people

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Who doesn't want to know what the competitive landscape looks like? What is there not to like about a tier list if you understand what a tier list is?

and imo:
Peach can move up 1 space
Samus and Iceies have dropped in usage and placing drastically as far as I can tell
Doc can and SHOULD move up 1 space (his only bad MU really is marth imo)
Pikachu should move up

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
I have my own opinions but I'm terrible at the game. It's interesting to see what people who are better at the game than me think, since they're able to make better informed decisions than I am.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
A: Falco, Fox, Sheik, Jigglypuff
B: Peach, Marth, Captain Falcon
C: Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario, Pikachu
D: Ganondorf, Samus, Mario
E: Young Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Link
F: Zelda, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Roy
G: Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Bowser, Pichu, Kirby

Justification:
Falco > Fox: Fox is too hard
Sheik > Jigglypuff: Better MU vs. Fox
Peach > Marth: Peach is too easy, bad MUs aren't that bad going by Armada's performance
Pikachu and Doc's jump: Both have really good MU spreads, their bad MUs aren't that bad going by Axe and Shroomed's performances
Young Link's rise: Actually usable as a CP for Puff and Peach
Luigi lower: He really can't compete... He's just limited lol
Yoshi's jump: He's not that bad, but he needs results to warrant moving up further
Roy's drop: Roy sucks, first character in this list with near unwinnable MUs (Peach and ICs imo)
Bottom tier placement: Who cares?

Top Bottom