• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
I made a topic but noone replied.....does the side which you stand on (facing left or facing right) affect the length at which u can swing an item such as a beamsword due to which hand it is in?

dont think so...

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
Beating Evnt Match 50

Just Use Roys counter. It does MASSIVE damage to them. Dodging
really helps too.
If you wanna play it safe use Marth! :)

S

SUPERSAYIN

does nayone have any personal tips on how to get bonuses LETHAL WEAPON and ALL VARIATIONS im beginning to think they are impossible, please help me dudes.

x1_11

Smash Apprentice
I got some questions...

If I'm gonna make a SSBM video and put it on my site, what is the best format to compress it with and what is a good program to use for it?

What does strats and IMO mean?

Buzz Spendus

Smash Apprentice
I have a question. My friend just started playing as Peach, and I'm not sure which character is best to fight her with. My two characters are DK and Doctor Mario. So far, my Doc does way better than my DK, so which should I use?

*Fuse*

Smash Cadet
counter-characters doesn't really come into play unless you know what you're doing... and if you're used to playing with doctor mario and DK, and the doc does better, use the doc!

Shadow Roy 9

Smash Rookie
I am confused about jigglypuff's rollout attack. Whenever in normal mode when my brother tries to do it against me it does no damage to my character Roy. But when we get to tiny mode it hurts. Why is this?

niccab

Smash Apprentice
because he ha to keep pressed b until Jigglypuff starts to flash. if you use the rollout without charging it won't work

Suki

Smash Rookie
Whose good to go againist a dr.mario. All I now is it's not falco or fox. Also whose good to fight a link. (if possible is there anyone good againist both of them?):p

$ma$h_Gurl!

Smash Cadet
Unless the doc is a projectile w****, reflecting the pills are the way to go. Falco is good against the doc and link.
Make good use of the reflector.

S

SUPERSAYIN

Maybe you should ask how you can better improve your game with your character first, theres plenty a fox or a falco can do against a doc it all depends on the style of play for both of you guys, what are you having trouble with, but to answer your question I find Ganondorf to be someone good against both of them especially link (pretty much just cause hes my main guy), actually if you just take advantage of links slow recovery you should be cool. But seriously though what are you having trouble with maybe someone could give you tips on how to improve your game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, Link is actually one of the most annoying characters to get a good counter for. His ground Up-B is more broken than 40 well-timed Forward Smashes by Bowser. Ganondorf is actually a good choice, as he can counter most of his moves. Cancel out his Boomerang with your Forward A, and you have the dodging speed to roll around Link. Ganondorf also isn't that slow in running speed(surprisingly so...but then again, Bowser has good running speed too...erm...mediocre.)

Practice Shield Reflecting, and Power Blocking, then your enemy won't stand a chance. Frankly, Link can't stand up to the advanced moves, even when he uses 'em. If you can't...good luck!

As for the Doc...heh. Link may actually work well in this case. His Up B can't really be turned around. But of course...almost all of his other moves can. He can't edge guard easily, and Pills aren't that hard to dodge or reflect(sweetly enough) If that doesn't work, try Falcon or Ganondorf. Basically, any move that clears out both sides(which MANY characters have) can do serious damage to Dr. Mario. Peach may even be a decent choice...unless he uses that can on your recovery. Hard to grab the edge when you're TURNED AROUND!!

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Suki
Whose good to go againist a dr.mario. All I now is it's not falco or fox. Also whose good to fight a link. (if possible is there anyone good againist both of them?):p
It's not in my stlye to give a character a counter, but I feel that Link and Dr. Mario have the same thing in common as Mario & Young Link. The fact is, Link and Dr. Mario are the slower versions of Mario and Young Link, but what they lack in speed, they make up in power. Like Supersaiyan said, perhaps you should just work & improve ur game with the char u use and that should really allow you to develop a style against them. Personally, I would use a character like Falco or Fox, like Smashgurl said. Falco and Fox are good for this, because of their fast falls. Dr. Mario has a good aerial game, and can get you easily in the air. When you jump with Falco or Fox, you can easily time a dodge or slow down ur fall with down B. This is good because this way, if your opponent timed an aerial attack, you can be ready to throw their timing off track, IMO. Although. you can make use of other characters air dodge.

Edit: I can't really say much bout link xcept that maybe link is a slow d00d, so work with a fast guy like sheik.

Suki

Smash Rookie
falco is my main character he's at a disadvantage though due to his b-up jump back. Dr.mario just as to jump out and cape it's an instant kill at 20%. I've now restored to just falco phantasming bakc to the stage.Oh and his meteor smashing comes in handy! Thanks for the advice.;)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Falco Phantasm-ing does work, but a good Mario/Doc player can still Cape/Super Sheet you. A good way to get up is to come up at a very vertical angle, so that you go over the edge-guarder. If you're close enough, you could also go straight up, so that if you were turned around, you will still land on the stage. If you were very close and just above the edge level, you could air dodge upward diagonally toward the stage so that you land or grab the edge.

But, after all this trying to get back on, you could get killed from Mario's/Doc's smashes.

JuicyJ

Smash Rookie
Event 51

ok i have beaten all except the annoying event 51.....
could someone tell me whats the best character to use ?? because the only character i have success with is DK all i do is
up b which is pretty effective, and theres mewtwo who is good to with holding B to elec the hands..

mind givin me a hand anyone ?

:confused: :mad:

x1_11

Smash Apprentice
Well, Jigglypuff is good for beating Giga Bowser with her rest move. You can also be peach and float above the edge of the stage and sometimes they will push each other off. You can see more about this here.

ComradeAmes

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a Fox player looking to integrate wave-dashing into my game. I've just started practising and I can pull it off every now and then, but I need an idea of how to use it so that I can really start to understand the move. Thanks!

ComradeAmes

Smash Rookie
That's what I've heard - thanks for the help! I'll try that.

On the Jigglypuff thing, though - sure, he's good for Giga Bowser, but Ganondorf uses the Wizard-midair-**** move to keep you from resting him. How do you get around that?

SuperLink956

Smash Ace
Well.....the thing to do is when you get close to Ganondorf when you are in the air, as soon as you see him getting ready to do the "hump-jump" either avoid by jumping or just air-dodge so that you get to the ground first, then you can attack with rest. If you jump again then it's simple, just wait for him to land then use rest.

Violent-ej

Smash Apprentice
I want to know how to wave dash. It's not something I really really need but its nice to know. Also is there anyway that you can use sheiks chain beside edge-guarding and without being left open for an attack. Let me know.

ComradeAmes

Smash Rookie
Wavedashing isn't hard to do the first time - it's hard to do repeatedly and well, which I'm still working on :)

Here's the paradigm (you can search for other people's advice):

1. Go to Training Mode and pick Luigi on Final Destination
2. Point the control stick diagonally to the left or right and down (you can even point towards the direction opposite that which you're facing to dash backwards!). it doesn't matter if you're standing still or walking.
3. Jump with Y or X and immediately dodge. You should hear the click of the Y or X button just as you dodge. If you slide for a while, you got it!

Good luck!

SuperLink956

Smash Ace
^just something to add. When you jump and dash immediately you have to almost press the two buttons simultaneosly (sp?).

Violent-ej

Smash Apprentice
Is that is? I thought it would have been harder than that. It won't even take me an hour to work that in with the rest of my moves. Thx man, but still need to know about my other question. Let me know.

ComradeAmes

Smash Rookie
I have no idea how to effectively use Sheik's chain, but I have to say that it's taken me a long time to integrate wave-dashing into my game. I'm a Fox player, and his wave dash kinda blows. They vary per character, but I think Sheik's is okay...

Matthew "Demo" Rak

Bad at Smash
Slippi.gg
Demo#0
I must say, Sheik's chain blows. It takes a long time to pull out, and it's not even a very good move. I avoid it altogether when I play as Sheik

ComradeAmes

Smash Rookie
Yeah, but I swear, I'll shoot any Sheik player who complains about the character as a whole :eek: ! A relatively minor disadvantage...kinda like Fox's side-B. But even that has its uses.

Dismojoe

Smash Apprentice
If you have the chain out you can stop a fully charged Shadow Ball if you move the chain fast enough in front of you.

Gamer19

Smash Rookie
for event 50, just use ganondorf, use his up smash, it kills them very quickly

Da'Sheikie

Smash Cadet
<-- fairly decent Sheik player here. Ranked 5th/6th Midwest Tournie

So the only real time I use my whip is when I play team battle and I need to block a path in the stage so my partner can either have more time to situate himself.

One example of this is:

Corneria and my ememies are both on the lower engine section of the ship. I would bust out my whip so they take damage if they tried to come back up. All the while my partner have time to get and item or recover his bearings. Basicly I use it as a stall tactic that deals damage.

Also there is an art-form on learning how to move the whip correctly depending on the circumstance you need it for.
Such as using a light giggle close to the ground to stop Ganon from using his Down B.

1-X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
musokid89
Just hold down B and repeatedly giggle the control stick to repeatedly whip. Hold it close to the ground or just dont press the control stick at all

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
I need help getting the &quot;All Variatons&quot; and &quot;All on One&quot; bonuses. Those bonuses are next to impossible to get, if you ask me.

1-X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
musokid89
Okay I'll help you

All Variations(10000)
- Used all attacks except finishing blows on enemies. <*NOTE*
See All on One below for how to do this just make sure you do
those 24 attacks on more than one enemy, so try spreading them
out over 2 non-moving human players. YOU MUST DO ALL OF THESE
MOVES BEFORE ONE CHARACTER DIES!>

All on One(20000)
- Used all attacks except finishing blows on one enemy. <*NOTE*
Here is how I did this: I don't know WHAT the description
thinks are finishing moves but I guess I didn't do them,
that's very misleading though. You need to do your 24
different moves on one enemy. This includes: your 4 special
moves, your 4 smash attacks, throw the enemy in all 4
directions, hit him while running, hit A once from a
standstill, do your short A combo from a standstill, do your
forward/back/down/up+A attacks, do your forward/back/down/up+A
attacks while jumping, and do an (neutral) A attack while
jumping. If you do all of these attacks and hit the enemy
with them you should get this bonus. When doing this it is
easiest to do against a non moving human player at handicap 1,
and 0.5 damage ratio. YOU MUST DO ALL OF THESE MOVES BEFORE
THE CHARACTER DIES!>

Does that help?

Vortex Alien

Smash Rookie
Has anyone got any tips on how to do the "Final Destination" stage in events mode? Its my last one, and just to clerify is there an event 51? Thanx in advance to anyone who can help me out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom