• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official help me do well at Whobo thread

RichBrown

Smash Master
K so I'm bad at a LOT of MUs

The ones that I could use help with are Sonic, Ike, Lucario, Diddy, Snake, and ICs

I think I'm good with MK, Marth, and Falco, I play those MUs all the freaking time

afaik there aren't any weird characters going to Whobo that I should worry about, except pikachu but Olimar ***** pikachu LOL

So yeah help me, I'm being serious when I say you guys probably know a LOT more about MUs than I do, the only reason I do well is because I have this really elaborate scheme of playing and by the time people figure it out I've already won lmao

help ready go

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I know that this is going to sound crazy, so you might not want to use it:

- Stutterstepped Fsmash does a lot to Ike. Just throwing that out there.
Have to learn to react to running attack or Fair, though.
Apparently, Fsmash makes the running attack timing difficult for the Ike.
Before you say anything, I am aware of pivot grab and what it can do.

- Ledge isn't a "bad" place to be against the ICs if it's a stage that you can Uair under (like... not Yoshi's Island).

- Texas is full of "weird" characters.
We have like... three Sonics and three or four Yoshis, for example.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Thanks for reminding me about stutterstep fsmash

I'm the one who innovated that ****, but then I forgot about it lol

Help me guys, we never discuss anything any more and this is a chance to discuss something, such as making me super **** :D

Turazrok

Smash Master
When you really should worry about the oli ditto, coming for you rb

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Didn't you actually post a lot of stuff a while back about Diddy, Rich?
I'm terribly sorry that I can't help with him, but we don't have a Diddy in the Austin/SA area. :<

Logic posted something about Lucario a few days ago, BTW.
cloverfield-
against most lucario's you can stay under them and usoos any aerial they do, junebug has gotten used to it and side-b grabs me now :(
i haven't found f-smash to be that good against lucario since he can just atk through it, but i could be wrong
Aaaaaand I just realized that he called me CloverFIELD. :mad:

About Snake, mix up Fsmashes and Pivot Grabs. It's kind of hard to explain, but aim to "tipper" the Fsmash and learn to pivot grab his DACUS on reaction.

My personal experiences tend to clash with the general opinion, though.
People need to get in here and argue!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Pikmin count to save for Blues and Purples.

Camp the hell out of ICs with a lot of fake approaches to pressure them. Most of them aren't good at maintaining a desync game, let alone maintaining one under pressure. Once they break wall down to try to counter w/e approach you do, that's where tossing the purple destroys.

Use the Instant Pivot grab input or stutter step fsmash. IPG through blizzard. Fsmash if they IB. They'll do one of the two to try to cover an approach if they're smart. You just have to guess correctly. You just want to keep momentum going away for spacing purposes.

Watch out for the Japanese metagame aka Spot dodge > Spot Dodge > Spot Dodge > Grab.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
ummm i'd have to see what you do in the given match ups so if we can play sometime maybe ill be able to help you out or if you link me some videos where you think you aren't doing so hot ill try to help out.

Dnyce

Smash Master
K so I'm bad at a LOT of MUs

The ones that I could use help with are Sonic, Ike, Lucario, Diddy, Snake, and ICs
help ready go
Sonic - fsmash & pivot grab, purple toss beats his invincible spin on yoshis/picto
Ike - make sure you have room to pivot grab -> do it. Ike's like to fall to the ground after mid-percent dthrows, make some shafty movements and go for a re-grab (worked on san/mr. doom)
Lucario - pivot grab, usmash oos *****, you can jab small aura spheres but you have to fsmash or pikmin toss the big ones. Remember stages like Yoshi's help his recovery.
Diddy - GL
Snake - fsmash, jab clanks w/ ftilt (dthrow, wait just a sec, fsmash re-grab *****... if you have a blue or white you can re-grab with standing grab, otherwise dash grab)
IC - See quote below
Don't roll against any of these characters.

Pikmin count to save for Blues and Purples.

Camp the hell out of ICs with a lot of fake approaches to pressure them. Most of them aren't good at maintaining a desync game, let alone maintaining one under pressure. Once they break wall down to try to counter w/e approach you do, that's where tossing the purple destroys.

Use the Instant Pivot grab input or stutter step fsmash. IPG through blizzard. Fsmash if they IB. They'll do one of the two to try to cover an approach if they're smart. You just have to guess correctly. You just want to keep momentum going away for spacing purposes.

Watch out for the Japanese metagame aka Spot dodge > Spot Dodge > Spot Dodge > Grab.
Make sure you know how to platform drop oos, it kind of ***** their uair platform pressure. Also, **** that *** BS (Lux), lmfao.
Also know, Nana will only jump over your charged attacks if Popo is higher than her.

Dnyce

Smash Master
What's wrong with my advice?
oh, apparently "j@p" is censored now. I was more or less stating how the japanese metagame stuff you do is ********, lol. Makes me mad anyway XD

EDIT: I thought your advice was overall good ;o

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Uhhh Jab if they japanese metagame you within grab range. Do not Fsmash or Dsmash or w/e Olimars usually do as a spot dodge punish

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
oh, apparently "j@p" is censored now. I was more or less stating how the japanese metagame stuff you do is ********, lol. Makes me mad anyway XD

EDIT: I thought your advice was overall good ;o
Dunno if you knew this, but during WWII, the Americans used that 3-letter word as a derogatory for Japanese people...in America.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Dunno if you knew this, but during WWII, the Americans used that 3-letter word as a derogatory for Japanese people...in America.
lol doom on that name search status. And yeah, I knew about that :p I just don't understand why shortening something is considered derogatory... it's just more convenient *shrug*

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Don't be worried to Grab the ICs when you see the opportunity because u can jab and the jab has a hitbox. The Dthrow also has a hitbox, so that means you get safe followups. Fair > regrab is cute but I'd rather Usmash over and over, then Uair. Tends to connect better.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
rich...every MU in this game below B tier should be easy...just pivot grab and fsmash A LOT, when they try to jump, get under and **** with upsmash and upair...GGs 90% of cast lower than B tier

Top Bottom