• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
Best101 said:
I don't know if these glitches haven't been posted yet, but I got two.

1)This glitch may freeze the game. Use at your own risk. First go to training mode and pick any character u like. Go to the Green Greens stage. u know the blocks that be falling on both sides of the board? Get in the middle break all the blocks in the middle until u r down to last one. Now select as many red shells as u can. Then jump. Your game should freeze, if not then the red shells will freeze.

2)This is the glitch with Samus. Choose any mode and pick samus as your character. Continuously press z first and then press up and down on the d-pad. If u did it right then the next time you grab samus' grapple will be twice as long, and when u hold L then the grapple hook will home in on people. The downfall to this is that it doesn't grab people.

If u don't beleive me try them yourselves.
1) Old, but still fun.

2) Old, and innacurate. You can grab people with the extended beam by pressing z again.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
My friend and i just found a new glitch with link/ylink. I'm going to get a vid up soon and maybe put it in the misc. videos room. If i don't look around DC++ for "Link Bomb Glitch" or something similar to that.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
oer you could describe it here.

here's something wierd that happened in a match(soon t be in the Sky Dragon vs match vids thread in 1 v1 vid discussion) of gdorf vs. C.Falcon. I meteo smashed him(gdorfs dair) and sent him down next the side of yoshi's story, and somehwo he hit the wall and based off at a 90 degreee angle to the wall even though he was going vertical to begin with. how could brushing the wall while going straight down force him at aperfect horizontal(which did kill him).

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
FFfreak said:
Um, not good wiv names, but u no that stage where u unlock luigi, well i was playing there with a computer controlled fox, and after u kill him once, if u go and stand on the far left of the stage, fox will reappear in the center of the stage, jump left, fall down the gap, try and recover, but fail miserably... useful for stock matches, and it works over and over again
Same with Level 9 Roy on Jungle Japes. Kill him once then stand on the very right platform, he'll come down, double jump, B up, then DI into the water.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
ChRed2AKrisp said:
here's something wierd that happened in a match(soon t be in the Sky Dragon vs match vids thread in 1 v1 vid discussion) of gdorf vs. C.Falcon. I meteo smashed him(gdorfs dair) and sent him down next the side of yoshi's story, and somehwo he hit the wall and based off at a 90 degreee angle to the wall even though he was going vertical to begin with. how could brushing the wall while going straight down force him at aperfect horizontal(which did kill him).
Just a theory, but.... If you look at the shape of Yoshi Story on Ar i think the walls are pretty jagged. So he could have like hit one of these weird parts on the wall and bounced 90 degrees off of it.

I think i'll host the vid and put it in Misc Videos, so check there soon if you want to see.

Sinister_Urger

Smash Rookie
sorry if this has been posted already but from watching the season 2 gauntlet vids for teams, i noticed that if you kill your teammate on their last life they have no lives left but there is still 0% there.
-EDIT-
in round/match 5 of season 2 go up to 3:21 and husband spikes wife and youll see what i mean.
>_>

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
I don't know that this is new, but I haven't seen it elsewhere around here:

With Shiek, if you charge up her needles and then die, you lose the needles. However, if you switch to Zelda and die, on your next stock, when you transform back, you'll still have needles charged up.

Also, it looks to me that transform ends your spawn invunerability early, for some reason.

Crambert

Smash Cadet
Said or unsaid, here goes:

Occasionally with Link or Young Link if you throw your boomerang and get hit, the boomerang will just dissapear. I think that this happens during the frames where (Young) Link is still in the throwing animation, but the boomerang has dissapeared several times for me when it was already a traveling projectile, and then just vanished (it would usually continue).

Aftermath

Smash Champion
From what i've seen in matches, it weill disappear if you get hit while it is still going outwards. So like if it's coming back or like close to coming back, ti will stay after you get hit. If anyone knows the exact reason it would be helpful.

HousecallDoc

Smash Cadet
This is a reallly funny glitch, and is easy 2 do w\ 2 ppl (i used my toes^_^)

1.Go to training mode.
2.Pick Peach as you, and bowser as opponent.
3.Press start and change settings so bowser has %999 and is human.
4. Now make bowser and peach face each other
5.Make Bowser f-smash, and have peach use toad to reflect

Now bowser will fly up, then mysteriously come back down at his NORMAL speed!

RexMaster

Smash Cadet
Mostly at UofManitoba, Winnipeg, in the smelly UMa
EDIT 2: Ok, so it's old news. No need to read.

I can't really explain this one very well. It was done in a melee vs. a lvl 8 comp Doc, and I was Sheik. Location: Kirby 64

1. position doc near edge, have sheik hanging
2. With sheik, press "R" to do a 'roll onto the stage'(safe getup, < 100%dmg).
3. while sheik is getting up(still invincible?) have doc cape her
4. Watch as sheik gets up FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STAGE

cheap drawing:
D= doc. 1 = Sheiks initial position 2 = Sheiks position after finishing getting-up animation

___2__________________D_ 1
I've only done it once- any known details would be appreciated\

EDIT: this board hates spaces. Imagine the "1" is hanging off the edge.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Death under lava at Brinstar

Being that this is Smashboards and people have been playing this game excessively for an ungodly amount of time, I would guess that this has already been discovered. So, if this is known, could someone please explain to me why/how it happens, and how often. If it's not known, I'd be shocked.

I was Pikachu against a level 9 Doctor Mario at Brinstar. As you know, at a certain point, the computer will only stand on the top platform and not act. I stood below him and used thunder, but he shielded it and fell down right next to me. I shielded his get-up attack, and during this, lava came up. I went up into the air as usual, but he got stuck under. His percent went up rapidly from about 70 to 128, and he died UNDER the lava.

Again, if it's known (probably), I'd like to know a little more about it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i'm not sure, but this has happened to me as marth.

there's a glitch where the lava knocks you down instead of up, and you keep boncing down into more lava, until you pass the floor of the stage and die.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Whoa, ok, so I'm playing a CPU Mario with Falco on Final Destination. I'm hanging off the edge on theleft side and decide to defensively roll back on. Halfway through my roll Mario capes me and suddenly the camera zooms out heaps and I'm on the far right side of the platform =/. It should also be noted that it looked like I was getting up from a wavedash when I got back into view. <_<

Ravenlord

Smash Apprentice
Uhm, i wanted to make a hole for the 276 Combo glitch.

It was boring, so i jumped and dodged down(fast)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
few glitches

fell threw stage with doc on fd, just completely fell threw, i was at least half a foot away from the edge
pulled a giant turnip on corneria when i was normal size, instant KO and did 100%
using 2 peaches or a peach and either a link/young link, throw a turnip and if another turnip hits it in a certain way, they will go up until they disappear, i thought it had to be the same turnip until i did it with link and my friend was peach, i crouched and he threw turnips at me and 2 diff turnips (i think normal smiley and the big eyed one) kept hitting each other, i have done this with 3 turnips also
using roy's counter on a mr. g&w but KOing both ness and mr. g&w with mr. g&w getting the score from ness and he was behind mr. g&w when i used the counter, like a good 4 or 5 inches away

Fox4695

Smash Apprentice
Im going to apolgize ahead of time if this has been mentioned but i didn't have enough time to go through all 29 pages.

1. You have to have 2 human players, Kirby and Yoshi
2. make sure you choose a lvl that doesn't interact with you(cornaria, peaches castle, etc.)
3. have kirby absorb yoshies power and DON'T get hit whatever you do
4. Kirby use yoshies B attack and then quickly run out of the way
5. Yoshi, rotate the control stick to break out before reaching the ground and then use Down B
6 Repeat steps 4 and 5 for a long time

By doing this the yoshi will decrease in size. Once he gets to a certain hight it will be impossible for kirby to use Yoshies B attack on him. The yoshi will have to jump and the kirby time the B move at the right time to put him in an egg and run away. Yoshi will get so small you can only barely see a slight bit of him by pausing the game and zooming in on him. If at all during this time the kirby loses yoshi's power before he is that small you will have to restart so dont get hit or die, etc.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Just a little glitch I saw today. I was playing as Sheik the entire match and at the end I changed to Zelda for the final kill. I one and the announcer said "this games winner is... Sheik" and Zelda was the character in the background. I used to never really switch to Zelda when I played my Sheik, maybe it is a common thing, but I have certainly never seen it.

Best101

Smash Ace
Double (Multiple) Boomerang Glictch

You need two people, somebody be Link and and you be Falco/Fox. Have Fox/Falco to use his shine and Link throw boomerangs at him. The boomerang will reflect of Falco's shine and Link should keep on throwing new boomerangs out.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Tipo, maybe you just want your post count up or something, but you don't need to say old news for every glitch, maybe that is why this topic is 29 pages. If someone posts an old glitch ignore it, or post something useful. For example, a good response to mine would be exlpaining how it happened instead of posting the usual obnoxious "old news."

dragontamr27

Smash Rookie
ok heres an interesting one for you,me and my friend are amazing with marth(me) and roy(him).We think of the same moves like every second.so we were on a team fighting luigi. and young link(humans) as u shuld no,there attacks hurt the apponent.we were all just having fun,and trying things out,like taunting at the same time.me and my friend both use counter and they went freaking flying!!!!they had no damage,and neither did we,they just flew!!(by the way we were at falcos lvl((2nd one)on the bottom left wing....it might have to do with something?) :laugh:

dragontamr27

Smash Rookie
Tipo mastr said:
Could you explain that a bit more clearly? It's kind of hard to understand. :)
young link and luigis taunts hurt people.
me and my friend were marth/roy.
we both contered they did fighter stance(taunt)
we all had 0 damage.
they flew away.really fast.
this happened at the lower left wing of falco's stage(srry cant remmember name) :chuckle:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Tipo mastr said:
Okay, sorry about that. :)

EDIT: there are 29 pages b/c there's a lot of glitches in SSBM! :)
No, there are 29 pages because people repeat the same glitches and people feel the need to post "Old news" or when told not to spam, "Okay, sorry about that" Got nothing constructive to add? Don't post. Simple as that.

Top Bottom