• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Listen up all! Here are the rules:

1. Only post glitches in the game SSBM.

2. Please post a guide to perfom the glitch (if possible).

3. Please, ONLY POST GLITCHES THAT ARE REAL. Do not make up a glitch, that just really ruins everything this topic is about.

4. If you have pictures or a link to pictures/link to guide, post them.

5. This is NOT a topic to talk about glitches. This is a topic to tell the ones that you have discovered. Any posts saying something like "wow cool man" shall be deleted.

6. Search this topic before posting any glitches, thus preventing repeats.

7. Try to use proper english when posting. Let's make this a very easy-to-read topic to learn about glitches. Any posts that are very unreadable like "Yo a'ight, press da B and A buton w/ GAW and u get some kewl sheezy dats all messed up." K?

Alrighty then.....now that the dumb ol' rules are out of the way, start posting those glitches! I will be monitoring this topic closely, so abide by the rules!

-Meow

Extreme Fighter

Smash Apprentice
I want to ask for a little clarification. Is this topic exclusively for glitches, or do you include easter eggs in your definition of glitches? Anyways, on to the glitch.

1.) Go to training mode, then choose Captain Falcon as your character and any other character as the computer.

2.) Choose Hyrule Temple as your stage.

3.) Put the computer controlled player as human, then bring both characters down to the part of the stage with the over-hang.

4.) Put the character that is not Captain Falcon at 999% damage.

5.) Position the the character so that he will hit the ceiling if knocked straight up, then hit him with a raptor boost from C.F.

6.) The other character with seem to stick to the ceiling! You can slide him/her around the ceiling and use all of his moves in mid air! This will last for quite a few seconds until gravity regains its pull. If you slide out of the overhang, you will fly straight up off the screen. Falling up. A strange concept, no?

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
that's not really a glitch

it's just your character is getting sent by such a powerful force that it takes a long time for it to wear off.

A much easier way to do that "glitch" is to just use Jigglypuff and hold your shield until it breaks.

-B

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if this is a glitch, but I was fighting fox (comp lv. 9) and he grabbed a hammer. As he was running towards me I waved under his hammer and low kicked him. He flew back a little and hit the ground. Then he got up really quickly and threw the hammer at me. He was about half way through the whole hammer sequence and he threw the whole thing at me not the hammer head. It flew horrizontally across the stage and only fell slightly before it flew completely off the screen. I dodged it so I don't know if it could have hurt me.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
A glitch I believe is as of yet unexplained. It seems if you get hit as you are picking up an item that has it's effects intstantly (i.e. heart, warp star) you can sometimes hold the item in your hand. Well done to Scuba Steve who managed to get some pics proving it isn't just n00b lies:
http://www.geocities.com/scubastevegcn/

Grrrrrr66

Smash Rookie
okay here is one

okay im gonna post a few glitches

okay links up b with no colors so pick link and go to final destination:
1.run to an egde
2 when ur just about to run off the stage press up b

it will look like link standing with his sword just swinging but with no colors and he will be falling too
(its not hard to perform)

okay this glitch is a little bit hard ull see why:
1. Choose young link
2go to final destination
3tap the jump button as lightly as u can to make his do a really really short jump, practice till u get the hang of this
4. pull out a bomb and then do the short jump and just before your feet touch the ground(it must be precise) press z to drop it
5. if u did it right it will lay there if u did it wrong it will just explode.
6. now this is the part that fustrates me because having the bomb drop to lay on the ground is one this but after u have to do this step. after it falls and just lays on the ground roll doge away from it once to get back quick try to hit it with a or <a not smash a
but u must make sure that your sword hits the bomb with the tip of the sword.
7. now the bomb will slide like its floating on air and will explode on contact

i swear to u that that trick works and i swear the next one works

next one:
1 pick mewtwo as ur player and pick bowser for another human player you need two people to do this trick
2. put red shell on low because on high its just too many
3.then go to dreamland 64 and put boswer on the right platform and on that same one go to the edge of it on the left of it
4 now get a red shell with mewtwo get under bowser and throw it and when it comes back to him deflect it with side b and keep on. but wait the next part is really important
5 now have ur partner count how many times u deflected it because on the sixth bowser must drop on the sixth deflection

Now mewtwo will have a shield broken but u never pulled it out
and bowser will be stuck to u and u can do everything u want with him cuz ur attacks still hurt him. to get him off press side b again and he will get off ur body. this is a hard one because is hard to have good timing with deflecting the shell with side b but if u get the hang of it quick then no problem.

ill post more later im hungry

Grrrrrr66

Smash Rookie
yummy okay heres mor

links super jump i suggest u do this in slo mo melee:
1. pick link and go to final destination and go to an edge
2. do a boomerang and send it up as hard as u can
3. quickly jump facing away from the boomerang and fall so that u can hookshot from the stage
4. wait for the boomerang to hit u and with out doing nothing u will fly up reallly realy up

sometimes if u feel like doing this in battle which is hard u can drop a whole mess of bombs whill u are in the air cuz it takes a while to come back down. easy trick but easier in slo mo i am telling u.

nnnnnnneeeext game and watch flies
1. pick game and watch and ness both have to be human and u have to have a partner or if u know how to handle two controllers with just ur self.
2. now go to any stage
3. now have game and watch hold his down b till i tell u not to
4. have ness do three pika flashes at full charge so that game and watch sucks em in.
5. when game and watches pale is full have ness put his shield up and hold it
6. have game and watch unleash the power of his pale and watch him FLYEEEEEEEEEEEE.

easy peasy o and do the trick on final destination the best place for no interferance

*tries to remeber another*.......... oyea this one is an HRC glitch
1. go to home run contest and pick fox
2. do a smash foward then do a smash up
3. before the bag touches the ground get fox to grab it and wait for fox to let it go.

cool huh the bag stayed on the ground and it didn't count the yardage.

okay ill be back im gonna look for some more i forgot most o them

SuperMega Mario

Smash Cadet
Wow! I haven't posted here in a long time.

Back on topic:

Whenever you hit an opponent while he/she walljumps at the same time, the opponent doesn't fly away, yet still screams and takes damage.

I'm not sure if that's a glitch but it seems like it is. Has this happened to any of you while you were fighting before?

And also, when I was playing one of the Trophy Tussle Event Matches, one of the CPUs lost all their lives but it showed 0% on their icon at the bottom for the rest of the match.

Someone told me that this was because the CPU was SD'd but I don't know for sure. What do you think? Do you think that this is a glitch?

lynkgrrrl

Smash Rookie
OK, here's one I found:

Go into training mode, Kirbys Dreamland (I don't think it matters which characters, I haven't done this in a while)
1. go to the star block things and hack out all of the middle but the bottom one.
2. Get the computer player into the gap
3. put the computer player at 999%
4. Go into the gap to.
5. get as many bomb-oms as you can
6. when they explode, the game freezes up!

I'm not sure if this'll work every time, I'v only tried it once....

Defiance

Smash Apprentice
Here are 3 glitches I found many a month ago. Well except for the second one(2) I read that elsewhere.

1. Kirby deleting glitch.
Go into Mushroom kingdom 1 with kirby and G+W. suck up G+W and get his pan power. When you jump on top of the bricks us the pan and you will hit them with the bottom of the pan. The bricks will break but will be broken for the rest of the match, they will not reappear. On top of that, kirby get a grey pan on his wrist which isn't supposed to b there it stays on his wrist even if you get rid of the pan power. pretty cool.

2. Turtle G+W glitch
Got to mushroom kingdom 1 again. stand on the lowering platform with G+W. jump up above the very top bricks closest to you and use your back+A in the air(the turtle). when you use it make sure that you break through the top bricks and fall through to break through the bottom ones. **The bottom ones must be broken, and you can't land on any bricks you have to break through them** once you do that, the turtle will be stuck on your hand until you do the move again.

3. Marth+Roy sword glitch.
Maybe the most useless, go on top of any brick in mushroom kingdom 1 with marth or roy, use you B attack, where you charge up. when you hit the bricks make sure that with the attack you break the brick directly under you. you fall to the ground and the effect from the glowing sword will be in the air for about a second.

Wow sure seems alot of glitches have to do with those bricks. Experiment!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Peach Growth Glitch

This glitch mostly works in Fountain of Dreams and Green Greens.

Sometimes when Peach gets Super Mushroom her growth becomes interupted and she becomes size between Normal and Giant. If she gets another super mushroom, she grows incredibly large. The characters look like fleas to her. I've seen this only in Camera mode by CPUs.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mr. Saturn Sheild Breaker
Mr. Saturn can break sheilds easily, like the fan in SSB, Mr. Saturn is the new sheild breaker in SSBM, what I mean is that if you throw Mr. Saturn at someone holding their sheild, it will break their sheild in one hit if they're been holding it for more than one second. Trust me, Mr. Saturn's the only one to do this.

Ganondorf being transparent
In the stage of Ganondorf's taunt where he's spinning in the air over the smoke, if a projectile is shot at the moment, it will go right through ganondorf

Veg

Smash Apprentice
This isn't an Ingame glitch but its kinda odd. If you go look at the big list of trophys, and goto Princess Daisy's, then zoom in threw the back of her hair (on the back of her head) theres an eyeball there. . . . kinda. . odd?

limit534

Smash Rookie
I have 4 glitches. 1 somewhat good and the rest arent important. Topic:

1. Sleeping with eyes open.
This is a very minor glitch which just proves how good HAL's developing team really is. Pick Jigglypuff and go to any stage. Fly outside of the stage and do her rest (Down + B). She goes to sleep with her eyes open.

2. Instant Kill.
Pick Roy and someone small (Pichu, Pikachu, etc.) and go to Corneria. Dont move Pichu from where she starts. Go as close as you can with Roy and do his Up+B move. As soon as you do the move press the other direction (if your facing right hit left and vice-versa). You have to hit the other direction as soon as you hit the Up+B. After that, with 4%, Pichu goes up and dies.

3. Suicidal Maniacs 1.
This happens with any computer character. if you fight on Poke Floats with 3 comps this would most likely happen. it has happened to me many times. When Onyx comes the computer tends to stay on either the left or right arms of squirtle. and then they just die =P.

4. Suicidal Manicacs 2.
Same applies for Suicidal Maniacs 1 except this is in rainbow cruise. Again...try this with 3 computers. this will obviously NOT happen with human opponents...Keep forcing the comps to the right side of the boat. Sometimes they just jump off and do their up+B move out of the boat. Basically killing themselves. This has happened many times for me.

:crazy: :beezo:

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
nnnnnnneeeext game and watch flies Part 2
1. pick game and watch and Samus or Mewtwo both human.
2. now go to any stage.
3. now have game and watch hold his down b.
4. have Samus or Mewtwo Charge up there B attack till its fully charged then shoot it at G&Watches down B attack.
5. when game and watches pale is full have Samus or Mewtwo put his shield up and hold it.
6. have game and watch unleash the power of his pale and watch him FLY.

This wrks the best when about 4 people are playing cause G&W kills em all when he hits them.

It also wrks with Ness as posted b4.

Jish11988

Smash Apprentice
that pacifist thing happened to me too. no matter what, I couldn't get it. Finally, I found a good trick. Go through Adventure mode until you reach the Big Blue level. Get to the end, and you can't use ANY attacks, uncluding up+B's. at the end, get attacked by the cars and have them shoot you into the finish line. You should get it.

(so this is not SPAM) In 1-P mode, if you get a negative score (break your shield alot), your score will jump up to 999,999,999. I did this with G&W, and I don't want to Fargo up my scores so I won't do it again.

PS: don't ask what "Fargo" means

Giga Master Hand

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff glitch

1 -Go to training mode.

2-Pick Jiggly and any one for the CP.

3-Put the speed on 1/4

4-Drop 12 Bob-ombs, unpause and use Rest, the Bombs will explode, Jig. won't get hit, but after a second a explosion comes out of nowhere and damages jigglypuff!

Note: you need to use 1/4 speed in order to have all the bombs on the same place (Jig's center) so the rest will hit all of them. if your opponent is close to you he'll die with the bombs, but you'll be damaged by the strange explosion some seconds after that.

Some_Link_fan

Smash Cadet
I was G&w, and the lvl9 comp was Mewtwo. I just triple jumped, and at the exact same instant, mewtwo hit me with his confusion (I think thats it, the one where he can repel red shells). I went flying up magnified off the top. I didn't come down for ages, but I wasn't KOd. I think that's because the move was set up deliberalty so you couldn't KO anyone with it, but I went really really far up.

MorninThunda

Smash Apprentice
I just witnessed one of the biggest glitches ever. The glitch that I witnessed is that when I did an arial dodge in corneria towards the end of the ship I fell right threw it. And died. It was not by the side it was where hte cockpit is I just fell right three the ship. After this happened I was cursing so much. This not just happened to me onedc but twice.

Haha Monkey

Second Children
BRoomer
There's that annoying glitch that if you double jump while magnified at the extreme left or right you die anyway, as if the KO line is uneven, or as some people have described it you get "Sucked out".

WizZipBoum

Smash Cadet
wow are there a bunch of newbs in here...

anyway.

1. Put gannondorf and yoshi in a game.
2. Have yoshi double jump and do down+A in the air.
3. Have gannon do up+B from the ground (not the air) so it hits yoshi's kicks
4. Ganon TELEPORTS to where he up+b'ed from

P.S. i already posted this but got almost no intelligent responses or confirmations

Capt_Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Brinstar depths Glitch

Whoever said PAL games don't have all the glitches was wrong, theres still plenty in there :)

This one is a doozy to pull off, although I've only done it with captain falcon.

1. Pick Captain Falcon, get the bunny hood as the only item and whatever computers you want (level1's are a good suggestion as they dont interrupt you, or have a team battle with a level 9 on your team)

2. Goto Brinstar depths, pick up a bunny hood and wait for the level to rotate so that there is a flat part.

3. Simply run with the bunny hood on and at random times you will fall through the level, to your doom.

As I say, it seems pretty random, but I've only done it with a bunny hooded Falcon.

Sanguimancer

Smash Apprentice
When I was playing on Fountain of Dreams, I was playing as Samus against Doc. I had been knocked off the stage and grabbed the edge. While I was climbing up Doc hit me with his cape and I appeared on the other side of the stage.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
uh..

note: the link super jump glitch also works with young link..

i did it for both.
not too hard really!
fun to do in 4 player action...to confuse newbies :D

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
what about my ice climbers glitch??

grab with nana and have popo do a squall hammer across the opponent to freeze them.....

best way to pull this off is to roll while holding z it will make only nana grab.......

WELL ENJOY!!!!!!

PHILLYBILLY IS FINALLY ON SMASHBOARDS!!!!

it's not just gfaqs for me anymore.....

ericx2x

Smash Rookie
Peoples eyes r open
have pichu or jigglypuff go to kirbys fountain of youth stage and go to the floor where the block water is flowing. press down to make pichu fall asleep or jigglypuff press down b to go to sleep. then press start and move the camera in an angel so it looks at the floor pichus or jigglys puffs eyes will be open in the reflection but not on the charecter. creepy huh

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Hmmm...

The following 'glitch', if it really is one, made me very irritated...

I began using the down throw a LOT of times, at least fifty in succession, ya know, just screwin around. Also using down smashes a lot too...

Then, after I stop using the down throws, I try to use a different directional throw, and it forces me to send them down! Every character was like this, and it occurred during mid-game play. After I turned it off for a while, the effect subsided. Grr...

Ultimate Darius

Smash Cadet
here's another glitch to add to the list

It's actually a variation of the Kirby Game & Watch pan glitch...

Go to Tiny Melee, select Kirby, Game & Watch and whoever else you want. (any number of chars 2 and up works)

Go to Green Greens stage, copy G&W's power, go to the blocks with the stars on them and start using B. When the pan turns grey, use your taunt to get rid of the power. Kirby will still hold the pan. If you die, he will still have it, however...(and this works in the Mushroom Kingdom level on normal Melee as well) If you get the foresight award (Kirby hits the front of the screen) the pan will stick there!!!

For fun, absorb samus's power while you have the pan. It will appear as though Kirby has "cooked up" a nasty surprise!

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
A Kirby glitch

Well, me and a friend were playing on Green Greens, and he was Kirby. Not too sure who I was. He used Kirby's Suck-o-matic B attack, and the animation stayed. We ran around a bit, watching Kirby run with a star-like trail, or into a gust of wind. Not too important, but when he got hit, it dissapeared, assuming refresh was just not initiated at some point. *shrugs*:confused: :beezo:

ROBFALCO

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario, Link

When Link uses the hook shot to hang on the edge cape him with dr. mario. The hook shot should be stuck in mid air. We call it the FANGO GLITCH. Mario might work also but i have not tried it.

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
i was playing against two peaches and one of there turnips dont know how this happend got fronzen in the air. and it wouldnt dissapear, it could also be grabbed and used multiple times although u could only throw it a small distance. but if an enemy hit it they would take damage and then anyone could grab it again and throw it.

RichBrown

Smash Master
pikachu glitch-achu

1. go to cruel melee as pika-pika.

2. go to the edge, and preform a DOWN A SMASH on the wire frames.

3. now taunt. you wont be able to hear pika's voice. ive done it a bunch of times, and i can do it on cue, thats how i know im not going deaf.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Originally posted by Fofo
use altavista's translate, doesn't work too well but u'll be able to understand a bit.
Question : is the giant link jump (with the hookshot and the boomerang) possible in the pal version of ssbm as well? cause I can't seem to nail it

no.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Here's a good one with ness.
Get 3 human players, 1 as ness and 2 as doctor mario. Goto either pokemon stadium or final destination. now have ness stand at the very edge of the level, on doc stand 3 or 4 charcters lengths away and the second doc 1 or 2 character lengths awat. Have ness do his pk thuinder and hit himself directly at the first doc. the second doc has to cape ness just as he hits the first doc. if you did it right ness with go under the level and grab the edge on the other side

Nashua

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone posted this I'm too lazy to read them all.
MY FRIEND AND I were fighting on the great fox in corneria, the ship from the side view. If you didn't notice there's a door/ hangar thing probably for the arwings to land into. Well anyway, We were both captain falcon, he's trying to be like me, and I used my smash attack fully charged after he broke his sheild, so I had time as he had his back to the hangar. He was smashed into the little space, and came through the bottom of the ship. It happened twice and I can't seem to do it anymore. I don't know if this is a glitch.

Edit by Kokichi

*Sorry, I just can't stand something like "I and my best friend." I'm a grammar freak ;)*

Corin

Smash Lord
I found this glitch a while ago.

FALLING THROUGH CORNERIA SHIP:
1. put the match on 2 human players, one person fox, the other person ness.
2. position Ness at the fin(the left side) that comes out of the top, and put Fox at the end of the ship(far left)
3. Have Fox run (walking him doesn't work) and use Ness' PK Fire.
4. When Fox runs into the fire, he should fall through the ship with no way to get back up.

I don't know if this workd with any other characters. But it works with Fox.

The Duck

Smash Champion
Crazy Hand Glitch

This is hard to pull off, but makes for decent eye candy. I haven't any pictures, too bad. Here it is...

1. Play Event Match #50.

2. Damage Crazy Hand until you are one attack away from depleting his Health Percentage. DO NOT DEFEAT MASTER HAND.

3. Wait until he stalls his attacks (you'll see little shimmers coming from him when he does this).

4. Strike the finishing blow right before a double team attack will start.

5. Just before Crazy Hand goes reeling into the distance, pause and switch the camera to him. Unpause.

6. You'll see Crazy Hand write for a second, but in midair, he will return to his fighting position and do the Double Team attack with Master Hand. Then, he'll go back to his stationary stance in midair, slowly floating in the distance until gone. He cannot interfere in the match anymore, and you'll only be left with the right hand.

The Duck

Smash Champion
Hmm...

Originally posted by SuperLink956
uhhh, could you clear that up a little more for us?
...you know how Master Hand and Crazy Hand perform those double-team attacks? Well, just before it happens, Crazy Hand will always stop attacking you for a moment. If his HP is lowered to near zero and he is attacked one last time just before Master Hand and Crazy Hand do a Double Team attack, pausing will create a glitch that makes him do the attack after being defeated, but in the background as he fies away.

It's hard to describe. BTW, nice sig. :D

nonethelion

Smash Cadet
peach cheats at golf

lets get 2 things straight first-i havnt read the above (just the top one) so idont know if this is already up, & 2- im not entialy sure what to do but i think this is it:
1) in the battle options, set the only item as hammer
2) on a v.s. game, be peach, and set the other player to peach.
then, take the other controllar out and peach 2 will be computer (this also works on camra mele).
3) in battle, pick up a hammer then straight away toss it (z).

i think thats right, but anway the end result is peach will be wacking the ground with a golf club insted of a hammer.
also the same thing happens with others, but most arnt holding anything when they do.

:bee:

Top Bottom