• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

Nic64

Smash Lord
Samus's boosted grappling jump

When using Samus I discovered a useful recovery trick. If you use an upward air dodge directly after the second jump you can hold A at the same time as L/R and Samus will Air dodge up the same length as Screw attack but also use the beam giving her some more horizontal range too.

Falcon 20X6

Smash Apprentice
More than once while playing with Bowser on PokeFloats I've been trying land on Slowpoke's nose and I've fallen right through it. It wasn't very nice for me because I was almost gaining a lead when it happened the first time.

I went back later on and tried to fast fall through his nose, but couldn't do it.

salaboB

Smash Champion
The MewTwo confusion through platform trick might not really be a glitch, but for it to work the character you're trying to yank through needs to have a fairly high % of damage, or they don't go through.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Hmm well this is not really a glitch that is useful of anything, basically it just freezes your game. And most of you probably know it anyway. I just posted here cuz I didn't see it anywhere else on this topic, but:

http://www.fulginiti.com/joey/ssbm/the436vid.WMV

double Roy counter on a mr. G & W bucket that has 3 of Ness's charged B attacks. The second Roy's counter does 436% damage.

You could call that a glitch because Roy's counter is supposed to do 1.5 X the attack correct? Here is a second video of doing the exact same thing: double Roy counter on a Mr. G&W bucket that has 3 of Ness's charged B attacks.

Well mathematically, the second Roy's counter should have done 375% in the first video like in this second video:

http://www.fulginiti.com/joey/SSBM/375hit.wmv

I believe the glitch happens (436% instead of 375%) if you do the second Roy's counter a little before than usual, making sure that it still counters though.

And btw these videos were made by a person who goes by nismojoe (just to give the right credit).

mario47280

Smash Rookie
supersmashbrothers

does any one have superssmash brothers for gamecube

I am truly sorry for triple posting, it was wrong and I had just know had read the rules. I was in a wrong topic to post this in also. I just need some help with Mario. As a newbie, again I am sorry and it will not happen in the future. ~ mario47280:D

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
This thing happened to me while I was Ness against Pikachu on Final Destination. I popped a Yo-yo under him so that it did the weak juggling part, but then he knocked me away. I landed and started charging the bat as he came towards me, but then he suddenly flinched and the little "bam" thing happened. It was like he'd been hit with a yo-yo, but I was quite far away from him using the bat! I've only managed to do this twice by accident, and only on Pikachu on Final destination.

Emacee

Smash Ace
I did notice that when you use B with Ganondorf in training mode then pause, he will perform the attack. but when you unpause it he'll make the yelling noise but he'll be standing still.

Dark Falchion

Smash Cadet
I don't think anyone has posted this one, and I'm sure most of you all know this one. But hey, it's a glitch, so I'll post it. In adventure mode on very hard, when you fight giant DK, just stand still and he will kill himself. This works everytime.

I Dunno

Smash Rookie
Go to PokeFloats as Fox and wait until you get to that white looking seal with a horn on its head,(Dewgong) and start run on his head to the end of his neck and fall right through.

On Jungle Japes, I think it's the one with the outhouse, have a level 9 comp as Roy and yourself as anyone. Kill Roy and before he respawns, get onto the right platform. He will continue jumping off in the gap.

Another one like that is on Subcon. Level 9 comp as Luigi and just kill him and stand to the right. He will continue using Green Missile trying to recover and dying in the end.

l-l311_SP@\/\/N

Smash Cadet
i found somor kewl stuff and sorry if theyve been posted already

on corneria be mr. game and watch and get to the 2 cannons wer u can stand around but most likly will die from Great Fox shooting them. If you use his UP+B move just rite you can go thru the "neck" of the ship and back on to the back and fight without dyin

This isnt truly a glitch buts its a trick, In adventure mode wen ur in the Hyrule Labyrinth or Dungeon if u press start and zoom out with you char you can see the chambers with the master sword or triforce pieces you can use it to scope out and see which way not to go to save time.

Finally im still testin this out but i was playing in battle field as kirby and swallowed a wireframe. I pressed down as to get the power if she had one and after that the whole level turned to low gravity. one jump from kirby got him to the top platform so ill get back if i can do it with anyone else

HLE

Smash Cadet
Fremont, California, USA, North America, Earth, So
Making a correction to dcx1287's post...The 436% is not the damage dealt by the 2nd Roy, but by the first Roy ALONE. It is because it's Giant Melee and the actual damage ratio for all attacks have increased, making them potentially much more damaging. If it was 2 Roy's counter, it would've been 654%.

P.S. I told JOE about this glitch and had him try it. =D

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
wake me up inside...

Well, I was playing my brother and a level 9 comp in FFA at Hyrule Temple. So everyone knows how comps go anywhere to get food right? well at the very lowest part of hyrule, if theres food on that platform to the right of the lowest part, (looks sort of like a tower), well if he gets food on there, and then tries to return to the lowest part of hyrule, he'll jump over there, hit his head, slide down, and fall, use his fire fox, and continue to hit his head, etc.

Only way you can save him is to go over there and attack him.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i found a glitch!!!! ^_^

bet the bunny hood on ganondorf and press A fast!

instead of teh usual single jab...

GANON WILL DO A 1-2 PUNCH COMBO!...BUT...
strangely enough, teh 2nd punch, does not do damage, nor even hit anything! @_@

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Luigi VS Luigi ( Glitch or Trick you decide )

I saw this on a very broken video but attempted it myself. As you know if you barly hit with luigi's uppercut it doesn't 0%-1% damage but recovers the opponent from the third jump fall.

best done with 2 people

Get 2 luigi's close to each other and face each other.

Jump with one and as that one is landing up+b with the other.

then up+B with the other and keep alternating.

you will keep jumping out of the screen and the bubble will be on the top of the screen. If you have done this for some time the bubble will then appear at the bottom. You can keep doing this for countless hours (or until your hands get tired).

The strangest thing that happened though (cause i was practicing with my friend) was that after doing this trick for some time we stopped and he tilted left for about 2 seconds then blew up imediately on the left side of the screen(kinda wierd if your on the left side of the stage, but then again so is the trick). We practiced on hyrule temple only.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
OK this isn't really a glitch but it's funny. Thanks to my buddy Steve for finding this (AKA NeoSyrex). You know how they sometimes put products into movies or games to advertise them? Well Steve found out that somehow Toyota probably got some free advertising. Play as Fox and do foward smash until he says "To-ya!" then sidestep. If you do it right he will say "To-ya Ota!." It's kinda funny, sounds like he sreaming Toyota. I wonder what other things are advertised via character speech....

game_over

Smash Rookie
well here's some more hookshot fun. pick young link and go to corneria. go to the right side of the ship (where the fin is), throw a boomerang, then jump and hookshot right on the edge of the fin (where you could normally grab on w/o the hookshot) and get ready for good times. if you did it correctly, when you don't do anything after catching the boomerang young link will be flung up but won't release his hookshot and get slammed into the ground above the fin. however, you can perform a bunch of different tricks with this maneuver. you can sword spin immediately after catching the boomerang and young link will still be holding the hookshot while spinning his sword, and random things will happen. sometimes he will stop mid-spin and get flung to the ground, sometimes he will sling over the edge while spinning (which looks very cool and can catch people off guard... if they bothered standing still the whole time... on the edge... within range of the swordspin... and don't block or sidestep or roll...), or he will go back down on his hookshot and spin around for a second, then go into the position when he's holding onto the edge, only he's in the air and still keeps his hookshot out. another thing you can do is pull out a bomb and you will fall back down on the hookshot, swing around for a second, then get flung off. all in all a fun way to waste time. hmm come to think of it, i haven't tried using an arrow or boomerang. i'll let everyone find that out on their own, though. this post is long enough as it is.

Jish11988

Smash Apprentice
The first is a glitch, the second is not. They both deal with the big stone wall in Mushroom Kingdom, the first level of Adventure mode.

1: As Young Link, start Adventure Mode. Standing on the pipe, throw the boomerang to the right. then jump to the left and hookshot the wall. It should hit you while you're dangling. At the instant it hits you, use your up+B to do the move while swinging, and then get sucked into the wall and die.

2: Be Kirby or any other character with a high jump. In Adventure mode (again), wait around until a bunny hood appears. Then stand on the pipe and jump as high as you can to the left. You can land on top of the wall, and then walk to the left a little, but then you die. Items can also land up there, I once saw a beam sword up there while attempting (but failing) to get up there with Young Link. I was pretty close.

stilettotrap

Smash Ace
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but Yoshi will follow you off a cliff while he's using the Forward B. Play as anyone, wait for him to start rolling, run to the edge, and jump while he's following. You can then proceed to use the second jump to get back to the stage.

Sub_Scorpion7

Smash Journeyman
I thought I'd post this even though it's not a glitch.

Pick Peach and go to Hyrule Temple in Training Mode. Go to the uppermost right-side of the stage and grab a Bunny Hood. Then fully jump and do your second jump. While at the apex of your second jump, press Up+B to unleash you Parasol and make sure you try to stay as long as you can in the air. Peach can and will only hold her Parasol for approximately 15 seconds. Then she will release it automatically and start falling fast. And some of you thought she could hold it out forever...:rolleyes:

Emacee

Smash Ace
I noticed that if Marth's Dolphin slash is canceled out, the game still makes the "swoosh" sound effect.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Re: Luigi VS Luigi ( Glitch or Trick you decide )

Originally posted by MasterMewtwo
I saw this on a very broken video but attempted it myself. As you know if you barly hit with luigi's uppercut it doesn't 0%-1% damage but recovers the opponent from the third jump fall.

best done with 2 people

Get 2 luigi's close to each other and face each other.

Jump with one and as that one is landing up+b with the other.

then up+B with the other and keep alternating.

you will keep jumping out of the screen and the bubble will be on the top of the screen. If you have done this for some time the bubble will then appear at the bottom. You can keep doing this for countless hours (or until your hands get tired).

The strangest thing that happened though (cause i was practicing with my friend) was that after doing this trick for some time we stopped and he tilted left for about 2 seconds then blew up imediately on the left side of the screen(kinda wierd if your on the left side of the stage, but then again so is the trick). We practiced on hyrule temple only.
Heh, I knew this trick already, but thanks for refreshing my memory. Apparently, if you do the up B's long enough, the 2 luigi's will just stand at the top of the stage for a few minutes and then start free-falling. It's a really neat trick, I got it to work in a few minutes.

RichBrown

Smash Master
hope these havnt been posted

heres 2 glitches:

choose a LV9 fox at hyrule temple. occasionally, if you go to the very bottom to lead fox down there, then go back to the top, fox cant find his way out. you see, when he tries to get back to the top, he keeps hitting his head and falling before he can get to that little hill, and when he is about to fall from the stage he uses fox fire to save himself. this repeats over and over till you get close to him.

the second is a pikachu glitch. go to cruel melee, and lure all the wire frames to the edge. now do smash down, they will all go flying. no, the glitch is not that they dont grab the edge, but right after you do the smash, if you taunt, you cant hear pika's voice.

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
Heres another glitch.

When being Peach, pick up a Metal Box. Then do A+> in the air & pause. You will see 2 crowns.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When the computer goes crazy and tries to kill itself, or gets stuck, is not a glitch gdi.

Computers are computers, they were programed to acted a certain way and occasionly they act stupid, it happens all the time and is not a GLITCH!

Emacee

Smash Ace
Whats the deal with the enemy taking no knockback/stun (but taking the damage)?. I find it irritating when I lay the hurt on Jigglypuff with a tilt forward from Ganondorf and it does not KO it.

Note: Jigglypuff was using rest as I did this.

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
Originally posted by salaboB
The MewTwo confusion through platform trick might not really be a glitch, but for it to work the character you're trying to yank through needs to have a fairly high % of damage, or they don't go through.
Damage percentage has nothing to do with it. You just have to be low enough. Confusion automatically pulls the opponent to a particular location in relation to Mewtwo. If this location happens to be under a platform, then through the platform they will go.

infinity

Smash Apprentice
This only happened to me once in vs. mode. I was samus and my cousin was zelda. We were fighting in hyrule temple inside the cave area. I spiked him straight down and he tried to meteor cancel with his up b. He was too far down to make it back so I threw a ray gun I was holding down at him and it hit him just as he finished his up b. However he was unable to do another up b or anything for that matter. WEIRD

infinity

Smash Apprentice
I was fox facing 3 lvl 9 comps on corneria. I had around 125% damage and just finished using my up b to make it back to the field (BTW im on the left side) As I finish my up b comp luigi uses an attack ( I think it was tilt <A) whatever it was knocked me down and to the left. Just as I started my fire fox the starships missles shoot directly at me (the multiple missiles) Somehow the missiles were going through me and I even paused to see what happened and sure enough the missiles were right passed me.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
I think this glitch only works with Falco and Fox against Ganondorf...

When Ganon does ^ + B, spike him with v + A in the air or Fox's Shine, with the bottom of it. In the very next frame, Ganon will automatically be on the ground.

Sheik

Smash Rookie
Re: okay here is one

Originally posted by Grrrrrr66

next one:
1 pick mewtwo as ur player and pick bowser for another human player you need two people to do this trick
2. put red shell on low because on high its just too many
3.then go to dreamland 64 and put boswer on the right platform and on that same one go to the edge of it on the left of it
4 now get a red shell with mewtwo get under bowser and throw it and when it comes back to him deflect it with side b and keep on. but wait the next part is really important
5 now have ur partner count how many times u deflected it because on the sixth bowser must drop on the sixth deflection

Now mewtwo will have a shield broken but u never pulled it out
and bowser will be stuck to u and u can do everything u want with him cuz ur attacks still hurt him. to get him off press side b again and he will get off ur body. this is a hard one because is hard to have good timing with deflecting the shell with side b but if u get the hang of it quick then no problem.
TO add to this glitch, you can add another computer and throw him downwords after you got the first one stuck, and he will be frozen, you can get the highest combo you desire doing that:D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Get Mewtwo and Pikachu (Pichu might work) and have Mewtwo try and erflect Pika's B-attack. It will twirl in air then shock Mewtwo.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Cronos and I had match on Eagleland, I was Mario he was Peach I think.. (long time ago). I was charging an Up Smash and he did a shortjump forward aerial before I let my Smash go and it hit me, yet I still went through with the Smash and ofcourse, scored the KO :chuckle:

Top Bottom