• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
BWAHAHAHA!!! I cant help but make a maniacal laugh whenever I hear Metaknights voice. friggin win

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
OMG its so painful watching them play!!

Freaking noobs! I mean, I don't use any advance techniques but come on, my 6 year old cousin plays better than that!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
lol, yeah, the gameplay isnt very exciting, but we've learned a lot already: 2 different assist trophies, a metroid stage, and that theres more than one smash ball. oh yeah, and Metaknights voice is awesome

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I just watched the 7 minute Gamespot one again, and I just noticed something.... the title of the song playing appears at the beginning of a match in the upper left corner (See the Link vs Sonic footage in the 7 min video). Thats an interesting touch...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
God, DK looks like a Yeti. o_0
I seriously thought he was the Ice Climbers in that vid, until I saw him at the end, clapping for MK. Even having already read the description of the vid.

I was like "Albino DK? Where? Behind Popo and Nana?"

Despite a lot of the people playing not understanding the concept of up+B, I really like these vids. Though, some of the Final Smashes that are being revealed seem a tad lack luster to me (What? No cataclysmic finisher for Peach?).

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god WTF!!!
In the video where Dk uses down-b on Metaknight, his damage meter goes from 82 to 194 :eek::scared:

edit: also I love albino DK

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I seriously thought he was the Ice Climbers in that vid, until I saw him at the end, clapping for MK. Even having already read the description of the vid.

I was like "Albino DK? Where? Behind Popo and Nana?"

Despite a lot of the people playing not understanding the concept of up+B, I really like these vids. Though, some of the Final Smashes that are being revealed seem a tad lack luster to me (What? No cataclysmic finisher for Peach?).
well since they werre using the classic controller and the buttons are in different places its very easy to make a mistake.....but on the Skyworld demo, the dude who played fox is F**ing ********

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Looks like ledge hang invunerablity is still in the game. For proof, 6:16 at the gamespot interview video. One of Pit's minions goes through Yoshi when he grabs the ledge.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
well since they werre using the classic controller and the buttons are in different places its very easy to make a mistake.....but on the Skyworld demo, the dude who played fox is F**ing ********
You know, that's a fair point. Still, I've seen characters literally just fall to their doom without even flailing around. But I guess if I were using a control scheme I wasn't completely familiar with, I'd screw up too.

Thino

Smash Master
the ledge seems to have an insane priority in this game again
from what ive seen cancels Link's UpB and some Meta's move not sure what it is

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
If I may make a suggestion though, could you put up dates when you added these next to the respective videos? That way if someone doesn't visit the thread for a bit, they could use that to pick back up with what they haven't seen?
Good idea. I'll go ahead and put dates on them.

It would be awesome to see images of the links.

Because there'll be a LOT of videos going around the web that we can't see it all. So a "sneak peak" of them would be nice.
Hmm I don't know how much a screenshot would help you identify the video, but I'll see what I can do.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. Seems the Smash Ball is being balanced a good deal. You have to pound on the thing to break it open and get the fiery goodness, and even when you do, other people can smack you around before you use it in order to steal it for themselves. Seems quite balanced, and looks like skill will be involved with using them.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
You know, that's a fair point. Still, I've seen characters literally just fall to their doom without even flailing around. But I guess if I were using a control scheme I wasn't completely familiar with, I'd screw up too.
thank you for seeing my point:) I for one will stick with my GC controller, but i will enjoy using the Wiimote sideways

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
The CC control scheme vid just takes me to the Samus vs Mario video =S .

Edit: Nvm he talks about it in the background. Sorry.

jambre

Smash Apprentice
look at the albino dk video, name is DONKEY KONG instaed of DONKEY

glad they fixed it ;)

Drake3

Smash Ace
I was wondering who the Yeti was...and then I realised it was Donkey Kong. Also the Pikachu player need a good slap in the face.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
It would be awesome to see images of the links.

Because there'll be a LOT of videos going around the web that we can't see it all. So a "sneak peak" of them would be nice.

Here are images of 2 Links.

(Sorry, I had to do this.)

Treble

Smash Cadet
Bowser's "Waveland"

Has anyone else noticed this?

http://www.gamepro.com/video/player.cfm?vid=116140

In this Vid Bowser looks like he did a Waveland.

Look at :47-:49. Bowser jumps then slides forward when landing.

You guys think this is a waveland. Looks convincing enough for me.
If you look real closely you can see I think Meta knight kind of get in the way of bowsers land. Looks like he was just forced to move to the left a bit before landing :(:(:(

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
In the video where pit uses his final smash twice, Yoshi is hit out of his 2nd jump around 6:40 and he's sent pretty far away. That doesn't look very good for him if he doesn't have his hit stun thing :(

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
A lot of those videos suck. I mean, youtube, seriously. That's some horrible quality.

You can find a lot better quality ones that don't really take much time to load. Use those instead.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
CUH-RAZY FIND!!!

17-19 seconds on the video clock. Meta Knight does his forward-b, hits the ground at the end and goes over the edge in the free-fall animation(much like Fox after Up-b-ing at an angle into the stage and bouncing in Melee)...

BUT, he then grabs the ledge backwards...wtf!

Sonic also does this right before Meta Knight after (Down-b?) kicking into the stage and platform cancelling off the edge.

Also, it seems that his Mach tornado cancels projectiles(yoshi's fireball).

WolfS2

Smash Rookie
I've noticed something during the Sudden Death fight.

Look at the Percentage Bars. Right where the character symbol is, there's a white dot. One in Sonic's, and one in Meta Knight's. Notice when Sonic loses, the dot disappears.

Gentlemen (and Ladies), we have found the Stock Meter.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I've noticed something during the Sudden Death fight.

Look at the Percentage Bars. Right where the character symbol is, there's a white dot. One in Sonic's, and one in Meta Knight's. Notice when Sonic loses, the dot disappears.

Gentlemen (and Ladies), we have found the Stock Meter.
It's so plain =[ lol.

Anyways, Metaknight sounds so sick.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Nice find Wolf... i wonder if the white dots for stock will be in the final build. It might make more sense now that we have a giant avatar of your character next to the %, but who knows?

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
holy crap, meta knight's voice is so awesome

ill crap myself if he says, "I'll rip your head off and s*** down your neck"

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
so did anyone else notice on the return of sudden death video sonic does his up b > down kick like 5 times

that's up b, then while he's still in the air his down kick (down air or down b)

Thino

Smash Master
CUH-RAZY FIND!!!

17-19 seconds on the video clock. Meta Knight does his forward-b, hits the ground at the end and goes over the edge in the free-fall animation(much like Fox after Up-b-ing at an angle into the stage and bouncing in Melee)...

BUT, he then grabs the ledge backwards...wtf!

Sonic also does this right before Meta Knight after (Down-b?) kicking into the stage and platform cancelling off the edge.

Also, it seems that his Mach tornado cancels projectiles(yoshi's fireball).
see my previous post

Top Bottom