• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Some new interesting things:
- Some aim-able F-Smashes in three directions (like how some F-Tilts were aim-able up, middle and down in Melee)-Samus’s F-Smash is aimable.
- Intros confirmed
- A lot of full movesets for characters are shown
- Its obvious Brawl is using the same Melee engine except upgraded (speed seems the same). Although characters seem to have more hang time in the air.
- Smash Balls have to be fought for-FS can be held are unleashed with the Special button
- Link has a Dark Link palette swap (nice)
- Shields are much more transparent so u can see the defending poses.
- Updated demo roster (Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Diddy, Pit, Meta Knight, Fire Emblem's Ike, Peach, Yoshi, Sonic, and Bowser)-probably not the final starting roster
- New Metroid stage Norfair (has the lava rising theme of course.)
- Brawl runs 60 fps 480p-Doesn’t skip a beat
- Damage icons fade when characters go behind them
- After studying Ike’s almost entire moveset, he doesn’t seem to be a replacement of Marth at all seeing that most of his attacks are different.
- Brawl is officially amazing confirmed!

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
It seemed stage6 had a problem. the videos are working, now.
Cool, those are pretty hi-res. Though they take a little while to load and you need DivX to watch them... once I watch them I'll add them to the list.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
gameplay looks freakin sweet, characters look awesome, looks like there are a lot of small tweaks like running with the fire flower and such. i have only one complaint, i hate the new announcer. the melee and 64 announcer kicked major ***, they should have re-hired him.

Drake3

Smash Ace
ZSS reminds me of Ivy. Also I sincerely doubt she'll be a starting character seeing how frequent smash balls are.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
This thread has been stickied!

To the mods: If I'm not around when new videos are posted, feel free to edit them into the first post.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME! Three Different Taunts- thanks Gamespot! I love the Smash Ball mechanics, Little Mac, Metroid and Advance Wars Assist Trophies are great...and Metaknight looks like teh Ownage.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Not sure if you have this one

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116759.html

White DK Fur + Sudden death thats all I watched or heard so far haven't really watched the video fully

+ sonic spamming his Up B into down B i believe :p

and lol donkey kong owning meta-knight with his pounding move.....(HOLY crap i just realized thats worse then peach's.....D-Smash
Meta Knight wins the quote of the week: "Victory... Is my destiny..." :grin:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian

BentoBox

Smash Master
In that last vid, what exactly happens at the end (SuddenDeath)? Sonic Up+Bs and then, when at the apogee of his jump, he performs an aerial attack... and gets sent off by MK who is still standing way below him?

It seems like you're not vulnerable anymore after up+Bing when in Sudden Death. Or maybe my eyes are just playing tricks~ @_@

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
i wonder if the blue saber sword mean diferent colors for the saber sword

in which video is dark link costume?

Mars-

Smash Champion
It sounds like they have a lot more colors for characters. Black and White samus would look pimp.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Aftering watching these videos, my hype for this game went up x10.

@ xianfeng: Do you still hate Diddy's Final Smash?

@ all who thought SamuraiPanda's thread was crap: In your face. Metaknight's victory theme was first mentioned in the same thread you all called BS.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thanks for doing this, it's really nice to waste minutes of your day relishing in the Brawl demo footage, and there's probably so much more to come! It's really nice to have something so organized.

If I may make a suggestion though, could you put up dates when you added these next to the respective videos? That way if someone doesn't visit the thread for a bit, they could use that to pick back up with what they haven't seen?

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that latest vid is awesome. I love the 'albino' skin on DK, it's great to see Sudden Death back again, and I think Metaknight said something like "Victory is my destiny" in that win quote, which is even more badass than "Watch and learn!" if I'm right about what he said. But god, could some of the people playing the demo be any worse? The DK player had the Final Smash ready to go and just walked off the edge!

EDIT: Yep, he did say "Victory is my destiny". Awesome

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Wow, that latest vid is awesome. I love the 'albino' skin on DK, it's great to see Sudden Death back again, and I think Metaknight said something like "Victory is my destiny" in that win quote, which is even more badass than "Watch and learn!" if I'm right about what he said. But god, could some of the people playing the demo be any worse? The DK player had the Final Smash ready to go and just walked off the edge!

EDIT: Yep, he did say "Victory is my destiny". Awesome
Oh, that's what he said! ok, nvm. Still sounded cool, though.

Top Bottom