• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Official Custom Moveset Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conti

Smash Ace
Thanks for the Reply @ Amazing Ampharos Amazing Ampharos I do admit if i were a Villager I'd use the exploding balloons too, it is definitely a strong custom [so strong its legalty is controversial to some], but some people just prefer the recovery utility in regular balloons and being able to recover from anywhere compaired to the exploding balloons high risk/high reward stuff. And yeah i completely agree Set #8 with the super high recovery is a waste, no1 will ever use that lol xD Hopefully next set you can consider putting good old 1112 back in for those certain matchups a non-exploding Villager needs it for [Mainly ZSS and any character that has any easy way thru the plushy loid]. :D otherwise amazing job on this project dude, I appreciate the hard work

captain clutch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Clutch_Captain
3DS FC
4167-5308-5514
Thanks for the Reply @ Amazing Ampharos Amazing Ampharos I do admit if i were a Villager I'd use the exploding balloons too, it is definitely a strong custom [so strong its legalty is controversial to some], but some people just prefer the recovery utility in regular balloons and being able to recover from anywhere compaired to the exploding balloons high risk/high reward stuff. And yeah i completely agree Set #8 with the super high recovery is a waste, no1 will ever use that lol xD Hopefully next set you can consider putting good old 1112 back in for those certain matchups a non-exploding Villager needs it for [Mainly ZSS and any character that has any easy way thru the plushy loid]. :D otherwise amazing job on this project dude, I appreciate the hard work
I'm a Villager main who participated in the discussion. I supported what that one player was saying, how the sets shouldn't force you to have exploding balloons, because I preferred the default recovery for the longest time personally. It was the last custom I converted to for Villager, and while I prefer EBT now, I certainly see the appeal of Balloon Trip.
IMO each move had one good varient: Garden Pocket, Pushy Lloyd, Explosive BT, Counter Timber. With pocket being the "least important" varient. But we did bring up Pocket Plus as a good Anti-Ness move, and the other players must have liked it enough to include it. However, I don't see any use for the Balloon Jump set, and if I recall, it was really just one player who liked it who wasn't even completely familiar with how EBT worked.

So I agree 1112 > 1332

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Seems both aMSa and GimR have custom sets not on the EVO list...bummer
I do think, for future setlist adjustments, that communication could have been a little better. Smashboards is a huge site but it's not the only place where people look, and let's be real - that GimR, one of the sparse noteworthy G&W mains, didn't get input on G&W customs isn't just his fault. Some of the character forums especially were less populated than expected as far as I can tell, which means only very few people (often with little or none tournament experience) got input on some characters. I think it flew over a lot of people's head how crucial this project is and some noteworthy players missed out because of that. That's not to dump it into the lap of the project's creators: character communities themselves should make some effort to create a more global consensus.

Hopefully most future events will allow imported custom sets rather than the rigidity of EVO, though, which is by far the best option.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
1) You buy an international flight to Vegas for the tournament.
2) After you've made all your plans, EVO changes the rules for your game of choice. Now you can't run what you were planning to run.

Nobody wants to be in that position.
You realize this comment was responded to more then 5 times, alright? Just because they can't give us more time doesn't mean it was enough time. I didn't want to tell the guy exactly how he was wrong, so I decided to sympathize with him. And that's something I'm not doing again.

Last edited:

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
Personally, (I prefer the air) I don't think Miis should be allowed. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about them leaves a bad impression on me.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Personally, I don't think Sonic should be allowed. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about him leaves a bad impression on me.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
Personally, I don't think Sonic should be allowed. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about him leaves a bad impression on me.
I'm a Sonic main, yet I find this hilarious. He can be so frustrating to fight! :laugh:

But yeah, @ PokeMarioRevolution PokeMarioRevolution you need to give an actual reason. Miis are fine; just three characters that are picked in an unusual way.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
This may be a really dumb question, but I don't really understand the 1/4 height thing for the Mii's. Would anyone care to try and maybe explain this to me, as I honestly don't quite get it.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
This may be a really dumb question, but I don't really understand the 1/4 height thing for the Mii's. Would anyone care to try and maybe explain this to me, as I honestly don't quite get it.
When you make a Mii in the Mii Maker, you can set the Mii's height and weight. 1/4 height is 25% up the slider. Miis default to 1/2 or 50% height and weight, and the guest Miis the system provides are default size.

The project provides QR codes so you don't have to worry about exactly matching the sizes yourself, you can just copy the Mii over.

Last edited:

Sixfortyfive

Smash Journeyman
Also, the specific reason why people prefer 1/4 size for Miis is because that gives them just enough range to reach through platforms on stages like Battlefield.

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
I'm a Sonic main, yet I find this hilarious. He can be so frustrating to fight! :laugh:

But yeah, @ PokeMarioRevolution PokeMarioRevolution you need to give an actual reason. Miis are fine; just three characters that are picked in an unusual way.
If anything it's because I haven't liked customs from the start. I mean, if they're doing it in a dignified way such as this, then I guess it's okay.

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
:201p::201l::201e::201a::201s::201e:

You would ban a character because you don't like them? Good, means I can get Sonic, Diddy, and Rosalina out of there. Would you do that for me?

:troll:
I meant customs in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
After watching Aftershock I'm almost certain that Palutena is likely the character that gets the biggest boost from customs. Lightweight gives her the Hallelu-hah and all the rest give her insane MU coverage due to versatility. Though it could also be Mii Brawler, I'm sure Dapuffster has plenty to say on that.
Anyone else agree?

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
After watching Aftershock I'm almost certain that Palutena is likely the character that gets the biggest boost from customs. Lightweight gives her the Hallelu-hah and all the rest give her insane MU coverage due to versatility. Though it could also be Mii Brawler, I'm sure Dapuffster has plenty to say on that.
Anyone else agree?
I'd say Mii Brawler. He goes from possible worst character to very, very high.

Last edited:

Sixfortyfive

Smash Journeyman
I'm still not satisfied that a clear naming convention was never given to the Miis. The name of a custom set should convey all the important information for that character, and size parameters should be included for Miis as best as possible.

I'll be using this at our locals:

S = smallest
Q = quarter
M = medium/default
L = largest

Ex:

Brawler 2122SS = smallest height, smallest weight
Brawler 2122MM = medium height, medium weight
Swordfighter 2131QS = quarter height, smallest weight
Gunner 3122QS = quarter height, smallest weight

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
I'm still not satisfied that a clear naming convention was never given to the Miis.
At present there are literally two Mii sizes for Brawler and that's all. Barring balancing in the MT patch, I doubt anyone will ever run a size bigger than 50/50 (although I do like 50/100 Swordfighter but that's just me).

Sixfortyfive

Smash Journeyman
At present there are literally two Mii sizes for Brawler and that's all.
But literally any size is legal.

There should be conventions in place to accommodate players who use sets that aren't part of the project, at least to the best of our ability. (Weirdly specific size adjustments can't always be tagged appropriately.)

Last edited:

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
I hear some people give their Miis names, sometimes after themself or their favorite characters...

Bilbao

Smash Rookie
NNID
sebastian.bilbao
3DS FC
2122-6607-0665
Why do Robin has no 2 (side-b) in her moveset list ?

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
But literally any size is legal.

There should be conventions in place to accommodate players who use sets that aren't part of the project, at least to the best of our ability. (Weirdly specific size adjustments can't always be tagged appropriately.)
For EVO, where we could really only specify one or two specific sizes to not run into space and time issues, we can't really do much else in that regard. For non-EVO tournaments, if you want to use a non-standard Mii, just import it in via 3DS. There shouldn't be a restriction on 3DS imports by any tournament that isn't EVO.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Why do Robin has no 2 (side-b) in her moveset list ?
The Robin board agreed pretty universally that it's a very poor move and that the space was better used on other options. I haven't toyed with it myself to be honest, but everything they said about the move conveyed strong conviction that the move is simply too far inferior to the default and side-3 options to be a useful choice to Robin in any match-up and that Robin should use those 10 slots for other moves.

Sixfortyfive

Smash Journeyman
For EVO, where we could really only specify one or two specific sizes to not run into space and time issues, we can't really do much else in that regard. For non-EVO tournaments, if you want to use a non-standard Mii, just import it in via 3DS. There shouldn't be a restriction on 3DS imports by any tournament that isn't EVO.
I don't feel like I'm getting my point across.

The point of the set's name is to convey as much information as possible. I'm not sure if this is standard or not, but at our locals, we're running a "you cannot hide your customs selection from your opponent" rule; each player has the right to know exactly what his opponent is using before the game begins. Part of that is making sure that any sets you create/upload on the spot follow the standard naming conventions, so your opponent can see you pick it from the list and decipher the numbers the same as he would for any other set, and he doesn't have to ask you to explain it.

So for Miis, it makes sense to have some kind of designation for size parameters so that the opponent doesn't have to ask questions like "am I fighting a lightweight or a heavyweight?" every time. Is it unnecessary? Yes. Is it a little OCD? Probably. Can you concisely fit a description for every combination into a 10-character name? No. (e.g. There's no good way to designate a moniker for a Mii that is exactly 70 out of 128 notches tall.) But for common or simple values, I think it's a nice thing to have.

Last edited:

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
So for Miis, it makes sense to have some kind of designation for size parameters so that the opponent doesn't have to ask questions like "am I fighting a lightweight or a heavyweight?" every time.
I'm like 99% sure the difference in weight isn't even noticeable (Jump height =/= weight). If it were, I assure you the EVO sets would in fact feature a broader variety of Miis with unique sets dedicated to their sizes.

If you want to do it for your locals then make up whatever rule you feel is easiest to follow by new players.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Why did Fox get no 333? sets? I myself prefer charge blaster/wolf flash/twisting fox but there is no option for this combo whatsoever?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Are even half the people who come in here to ask if their set is included even going to EVO? xD

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmmm, Marth sets have every single set I advocated. Even ones other Marths disagreed with.

Clearly someone holds my opinion in high regard.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if this has already been proposed.

Anyways, I just spent the last 3 or so hours seeding my 3DS so that I could move these custom sets over to my Wii U. :( While I was doing this, I couldn't help but think that it'd be nice if there was a powersaves code that would automatically load all the standard custom sets onto my 3DS, thus saving me hours of work.

I would guess, if enough of us submitted a code request to their code request form (link), they might add it for us.

Proposed Example Message, for easy copy/paste:

I would like a code that automatically fills all of the custom moveset slots for each character in Super Smash Bros for 3DS with their standard tournament movesets, as listed here: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-custom-moveset-project-summer-2015-edition-evo-sets.395721/

Should look similar to this:

Screen Shot.png

ValkoreTheUnlcean

Smash Rookie
Hmmm, Marth sets have every single set I advocated. Even ones other Marths disagreed with.

Clearly someone holds my opinion in high regard.
While most of my sets were left out =( two kinds of people in this world, you lucky son of a gun.

edit: Well, SOME of my sets were left out and I am simply grouchy >:/

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
With the recent release of Shaq, It's imperative that the CMP quickly make a Shaq set list for EVO and other future events. Lets Get to work.

Neutral:
1. B-Ball Blast
2. Bouncing B-Ball
3. B-Ball Blaze

Side:
1. Rebound
2.Super Pass
3. Free Throw (This move is horrible, should absolutely never be used.)

Up:
1. Super Dunk
2. Dunkless Leap
3. Dunk Cyclone

Down:
1.Come On and Slam
2. Welcome to the Jam
3.Work That Body, Make sure you don't hurt nobody.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
With the recent release of Shaq, It's imperative that the CMP quickly make a Shaq set list for EVO and other future events. Lets Get to work.

Neutral:
1. B-Ball Blast
2. Bouncing B-Ball
3. B-Ball Blaze

Side:
1. Rebound
2.Super Pass
3. Free Throw (This move is horrible, should absolutely never be used.)

Up:
1. Super Dunk
2. Dunkless Leap
3. Dunk Cyclone

Down:
1.Come On and Slam
2. Welcome to the Jam
3.Work That Body, Make sure you don't hurt nobody.
Wow.

You had a lot of time in your hands huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom