• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

Kaffei

Smash Hero
How do I put in custom music? Can it be done like Brawl+/Balance Brawl without hacking anything & just using an SD card?

maniac200

Smash Cadet
The other day, I saw a post, or a thread, or SOMETHING that had a method for having B+, BB, and vBrawl with textures on the same SD without having to go back and forth to a computer. I ran a search, but didnt find it. Could you show me where it is? thanks.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
How do I put in custom music? Can it be done like Brawl+/Balance Brawl without hacking anything & just using an SD card?
no, you have to have the HBC if you want music and textures

The other day, I saw a post, or a thread, or SOMETHING that had a method for having B+, BB, and vBrawl with textures on the same SD without having to go back and forth to a computer. I ran a search, but didnt find it. Could you show me where it is? thanks.

Edit: its actually done by Danatarion(something like that)http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246995

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
How do I change Weegee's mansion in 5.0 back to the way it was in 4.1? I hate the mansion but love the flat level with the 2 tiny platforms.

AManatee

Smash Rookie
Many people (everyone who I've seen actually try B+) find it to be a lot more fun. I would say that if you want some good competitive fun that is not too difficult to pick up, go with +; however, if you are looking to make money, stick with vBrawl. It is likely that vBrawl will have more and bigger tournaments for the forseeable future.

As for your concerns that vBrawl still has things that will go undiscovered if people switch to Brawl+...to put it bluntly, that is flat out wrong IMO. Yes, it took years for Melee's metagame to reach the point it is at now, but that was because nobody was really looking for ATs for the first part of the game's life. The smash community has been searching desperately for advanced techniques to enhance Brawl's metagame since it came out, and there has been basically nothing. I wouldn't really hold out any hope that this will change.

I really appreciate the input. Is B+ going to be continually updated for as long as possible, or is there a particular goal in mind?

Just curious.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
They will never be able to satisfy all people, or be able to make Brawl perfectly balanced, so they will probably just edit it until either SSB4 comes out, or the coders die/give up.

codfish92

Smash Ace
basically what rocklee said

they have a goal in mind, but i think that goal will never be meet. just like how BBrawl wants balanced characters, they can get infinitely close to it, but there won't be complete balance. same thing with brawl+, they can get infinitely close to their goal, but will never truly reach it (not exactly sure what it is, they say it is "to make the game more competitive and fast paced", but thats a little generic to really isolate their goal. the WBR plussery members would know more) there will always be updates, until the project is abandoned or can't get any closer to their goal.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Im wondering why there is no code for Japanese sound effects? I know you can do it ISO hacking, but it doesn't really seem like it would be something that hard to replace. Is anyone working on it, or is it just pretty much not gonna happen for some reason?

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
I really appreciate the input. Is B+ going to be continually updated for as long as possible, or is there a particular goal in mind?

Just curious.
To clarify the other two responses a bit: the WBR plans on soon releasing a "Release Candidate" version of Brawl+. This is basically a business term for a version of a product that is ready to be shipped, and is just undergoing some final testing to look for any more bugs. Once they are sure that this is good, a "Gold" version will be released. This will ideally be the final version of the game. However, if there is deemed to be a strong need for any more small tweaks, new versions may be released periodically -- probably with a minimum of six months between each.

Im wondering why there is no code for Japanese sound effects? I know you can do it ISO hacking, but it doesn't really seem like it would be something that hard to replace. Is anyone working on it, or is it just pretty much not gonna happen for some reason?
The sound files in Brawl are different than the music files we can already replace. Instead of each individual sound being a file, they are all located in one big file, and we aren't quite sure how to modify this yet in a practical way. I have heard rumours that it is being looked into, and it may be possible in the near future to replace sound effects in a similar fashion to how we currently replace textures and music.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm looking for a site that has EVERY character/stage texture by the major teams.
I saw the texture thread here it's just all the sites (which is nice) but I lost all my textures and I REALLY don't wanna go hunting again.

basvhout

Smash Apprentice
I got a question,

I just made my first CSP 15min ago. But Could someone explain how to make a _small .tga file. Or someone has a link to a tutorial. Cause they only explain the CSP not the Ingame images.

Thank You

codfish92

Smash Ace
I'm looking for a site that has EVERY character/stage texture by the major teams.
I saw the texture thread here it's just all the sites (which is nice) but I lost all my textures and I REALLY don't wanna go hunting again.
i don't want to be brosque, but thats why you keep a back up directory on your comp.

that aside, kitty corp is the only one that i would know that would have all the big teams. brawl hacks wiki is too young to have all the teams

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
btw, SCOTU, you can remove the link to the code Q&A + Requests link in my guide, cuz...well...this is the thread. and you can remove it from the Q&A section as well.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I need help with step 7 of the custom music guide.
Step 7: Now open up the Start.bat file in Androu1's tool folder.
Androu1's tool folder is a .rar folder, so how do I get to this, "start.bat" file? Do I need a program to open it?

Also the guide says to put those "dill" files in my system32 folder, and my system32 folder says that its contents are involved with the entire PC and that I can pretty much destroy my comp by doing something wrong, so how safe is it to put the dill files into my system32 folder?

Demonio

Smash Rookie
Excuse my nubbish question, but you know those threads where you download those .pac files (the moveset, not the textures) to play e.g Mewtwo or Roy? After you've downloaded the .pac, what do you do with them afterwards? >__>

Do you use them the same way you do for texture hacks? Like you rename them to e.g FitMarth03 and put it in their respective folders? I seriously have no clue... I've tried that but didn't work and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong...

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel to bad, I'm new to this to lol. What you do is name it Fit(character name).pac. So it's just like you said, but you don't put any numbers, this way, all colors of Marth will be Roy.
So for Roy, it will be named "FitMarth.pac" With no numbers.

codfish92

Smash Ace
I need help with step 7 of the custom music guide.
Step 7: Now open up the Start.bat file in Androu1's tool folder.
Androu1's tool folder is a .rar folder, so how do I get to this, "start.bat" file? Do I need a program to open it?

Also the guide says to put those "dill" files in my system32 folder, and my system32 folder says that its contents are involved with the entire PC and that I can pretty much destroy my comp by doing something wrong, so how safe is it to put the dill files into my system32 folder?
you need either winrar, winzip7, or any other decomplier that can open a .rar file. extract it in a folder that has no spaces in it on your hard drive.

those system files won't cause any problems, so long as you don't replace any current system files.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Step 8 say to type A and than the name of the song, I did, and it doesn't say press enter, what am I doing wrong?

codfish92

Smash Ace
after you type A for mono, then the name of the original unedited song that you have(it'll be like A01), it will say press enter when finished editing wav's(may give you a line that is like dcs copyright 2001-2003 all rights reserved, don't worry, that is just the tools loading screen) you must save your custom song to the folder that the tool is in. erase the wav the tool created(should be the name of the original song), and replace your custom wav with the name of the original song. after that it asks for custom looping

Teh Future

Smash Master
My cheat manager(homebrew app) doesn't work. I can use the code manager on my pc and it works fine, and the only difference I can see is that when the code manager on my pc exports the codes to the gct file it puts in in data>gecko>codes>RSBE01.gct and when I use the homebrew app it exports it to codes> RSBE01.gct. Anyway I can makes the cheat manager app export to the same place the code manager does?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
My cheat manager(homebrew app) doesn't work. I can use the code manager on my pc and it works fine, and the only difference I can see is that when the code manager on my pc exports the codes to the gct file it puts in in data>gecko>codes>RSBE01.gct and when I use the homebrew app it exports it to codes> RSBE01.gct. Anyway I can makes the cheat manager app export to the same place the code manager does?
I don't think so.

The best thing you can do is delete the data folder off your SD card and go back to using Code Manager 1.1, instead of 1.2, on your computer. It puts the GCT file into the same folder as Cheat Manager does (the codes folder is in the root of the SD card).

The only thing you would lose is your ability to create GCT files with more than 256 lines in Code Manager. That's not a huge deal though, considering you can just create one in Cheat Manager when you need to do that.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
I posted this same question in the EX Brawl codeset thread but I'll put it here too:

How come when I use the EX Brawl codeset online I desync with my buddies? What causes that desnyc to happen?

P.S. I am using stage and character textures for what it's worth.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you have to have the exact same stuff. otherwise you'll desync.

and your buffer has to be the same too.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
after you type A for mono, then the name of the original unedited song that you have(it'll be like A01),
The original unedited MP3 song or the Wav song? And whats this about A01? The original name has nothing to do with a name like that, should I rename it?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
How can you speed up or slow down the time an attack animation takes? (code and explanation please)

codfish92

Smash Ace
The original unedited MP3 song or the Wav song? And whats this about A01? The original name has nothing to do with a name like that, should I rename it?
you have to get a unedited Brstm ripped from the game for the tool to work. the one vyse's guide provides is A01(but it can be any song, so long as it is directly from the disk and no editing done to it.). put that song(A01) into the original songs folder the tool creates when you unpack it.

How can you speed up or slow down the time an attack animation takes? (code and explanation please)
you have to use the engine as it's own separate code, and then make the data it's own separate code
Code:
Frame Speed Mod Engine V3.1
Value: [spunit262, Phantom Wings]-- (23 lines)

C2766C20 00000012
3C008180 807D0008
8063FFFC 7C030000
4080000C 80630030
48000008 386000FF
809D0014 C0240040
FC40081E 81240058
61298000 D8410008
8001000C 80BD007C
80A50038 38C200D8
84E60008 2C070000
41820038 7CE8C671
41A0000C 7C081800
4082FFE8 54E8863E
7C004000 41A0FFDC
54E8043E 7C082800
4182000C 7C084800
4082FFC8 C0060004
D01F0010 00000000
C2766FB8 00000003
2C1D0001 4182000C
C0230010 48000008
C02283C8 00000000

Frame Speed mod data
065A9400 0000ZZZZ
XXYYKKKK MMMMMMMM

ZZZZ=byte count(# of lines (excluding first) multiplied by 8, then converted to hex)
XX=character id(FF for everyone)
YY=First frame speed change is applied on
KKKK= action id(look for them in the "more complete action id list" thread
MMMMMMMM=multiplier of frame speed(2 will make it twice as fast, .75 will make it 25% slower)(floating point value in hex)

if you want more frame actions changed, just stack the second line like so
065A9400 0000ZZZZ
XXYYKKKK MMMMMMMM
XXYYKKKK MMMMMMMM
XXYYKKKK MMMMMMMM
XXYYKKKK MMMMMMMM
XXYYKKKK MMMMMMMM

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
after you type A for mono, then the name of the original unedited song that you have(it'll be like A01), it will say press enter when finished editing wav's(may give you a line that is like dcs copyright 2001-2003 all rights reserved, don't worry, that is just the tools loading screen) you must save your custom song to the folder that the tool is in. erase the wav the tool created(should be the name of the original song), and replace your custom wav with the name of the original song. after that it asks for custom looping
you have to get a unedited Brstm ripped from the game for the tool to work. the one vyse's guide provides is A01(but it can be any song, so long as it is directly from the disk and no editing done to it.). put that song(A01) into the original songs folder the tool creates when you unpack it.
Well I downloaded A01.brstm and put it into the originalSongs folder, and I open start.bat and type "AA01" and "A A01" and "AA01.brstm" and you et the point, what els am I doing wrong?

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
The tool didn't make any wavs, and the tool doesn't tell me anything. Did I miss something?

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Edit: Nevermind....someone told me the problem and that's because of the .pac files do not work with vBrawl and I had to delete them.

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
Does a code exist that will allow Pokemon Trainer's pic to show up on the victory screen (and, if possible, make the announcer say Pokemon Trainer / have the game display the words "Pokemon Trainer" / display PT's small face pic in battle) when PT is used that also keeps it as Charizard / Ivysaur / Squirtle when using any of them individually?

In other words:
Select PT from the select screen = PT's pic is displayed / name is announced.
Select an individual poke (Charizard / Ivysaur / Squirtle with the individual pokes code on) = what we have now (with the announcer saying ____'s name and everything.)

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Few questions:

1a)How do you create custom portraits (I plan on doing it for all the ones I like and maybe uploading them for others to use)

1b)And how to you get them to work so they appear in your game.

2) Is Bannerbomb necessary to keep after I have Brawl+ and Homebrew up and running? I think it's making it so I cannot access my SD card to save and load channels on it. Whenever I check it...the game freezes and I'm thinking it was bannerbomb that's doing it?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Few questions:

1a)How do you create custom portraits (I plan on doing it for all the ones I like and maybe uploading them for others to use)

1b)And how to you get them to work so they appear in your game.

2) Is Bannerbomb necessary to keep after I have Brawl+ and Homebrew up and running? I think it's making it so I cannot access my SD card to save and load channels on it. Whenever I check it...the game freezes and I'm thinking it was bannerbomb that's doing it?
1a and b: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=80758

look in here for enigma's csp tools. It includes a guide.

2.nope.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Does a code exist that will allow Pokemon Trainer's pic to show up on the victory screen (and, if possible, make the announcer say Pokemon Trainer / have the game display the words "Pokemon Trainer" / display PT's small face pic in battle) when PT is used that also keeps it as Charizard / Ivysaur / Squirtle when using any of them individually?

In other words:
Select PT from the select screen = PT's pic is displayed / name is announced.
Select an individual poke (Charizard / Ivysaur / Squirtle with the individual pokes code on) = what we have now (with the announcer saying ____'s name and everything.)
no, not in the form of a code. it might be possible with iso hacking, but even that is a stretch.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
you start the tool and type A for mono correct?
you then type A01 for the original correct?
when it says press enter when your finished editing your wavs, look in the folder the tool is in. there should be a wav called A01 there
That's the problem, it never says "press enter." I type A and A01 and nothing changes... At all.

Thanks for your patience, I probably sound like the dumbest ****** to you lol.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me? How do I add effects to brawl? Is it done the same way by adding folder paths and if so could someone tell me those folder paths?

Top Bottom