• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Support Links Index

courte

Smash Lord
wait do we post additions here or send them to the thread creator via pm

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
@ Egruntz: I found an error; The Ryu listed in Other Nintendo Characters is not a Nintendo character and his game isn't Ninja Golden. It's Ninja Gaiden, and the series is property of 3rd party developer Tecmo. Thus, his new listing should probably read as follows:

Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo)

Or something like that. I suggest adding his full title to dispell any ambiguity between him and the Ryu of Capcom's Street Fighter games.

I say this again, but it's still true: Great thread, Egruntz. Probably among the most useful Brawl threads going. Thank you for your continued service.

@Vesperview: Even if you think it's obvious, people around here usually provide a short justification for such suggestions. It's a common courtesy and it helps us forum-goers keep track of WHY a character is likely or deconfirmed. Just sayin'.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice

courte

Smash Lord
is there a pulseman for brawl thread?? i think he's pretty important... developed by game freak for a sega system... interesting...

and yeah pikachu so stole his final smash, but new ones have been made, so don't try that anti-poo argument!!

courte

Smash Lord
call me w/e you want but i see a problem. There are two Ness threads on this board. One for flaming the concept of his return, and another for actually supporting his inclusion. Shouldn't the link at the top of the page actually link to the Pro-Ness thread instead of the anti-ness thread??

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=132174 (Hudson)Hagane For Brawl Please Add!!

and a link to the stitch i say poo to you, he could appear on the VC, i don't see why not. And you can't say he's had Absolutely no effect of nintendo in anyway

But Sakurai already stated that any included character has to have appeared on a Nintendo console.

And if Pulseman appeared on next week's VC release, it'd simply be too little, too late.

courte

Smash Lord
i'll opt for by blind fanboyism on this char... we all need a wtf, and out of all candidates aside from vivian and ephraim/eirika, this is my super omg no way wtf

Well, it does qualify as "no way"...

Although it is more possible than Banjo-Kazooie.

Seriously, how could people even think this is even possible? I don't exaggerate when I say that this is virtually impossible - it requires Microsoft to basically go third party.

courte

Smash Lord
haha that is funny tho stranger things have happened. Nintendo having a sense of humor = Pichu to capcom's dan.

courte

Smash Lord
splitting nose hairs technique :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:i give up...by which i mean i won't stop supporting pulseman though

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
I got news from Starmen.Net that on a japanese MOTHER site, they recieved news that Duster was an AT, but of course I have no evidence here to prove it, and even if I did give you the link it's all in japanese... unless you can read or translate it, then i will find it and give it.

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
I thought I had hear Luigi was hinted in some youtube interview. Shouldn't his name be red?
Ohh!!! I saw that! Yes he did say, "Luigi" I swear to god he did, he was about to say Link but he said Luigi, wow... funny isn't it?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Golduck: A Likely Candidate 4 Brawl?

The Ultimate Golduck Thread

If you've been living under a rock, then here is a very brief introduction of who Golduck is.

Introduction

Golduck (Number 55) are large bipedal ducks, with blue skin and strong, webbed appendages that given them the ability to swim at high speeds. Due to their bluish color and webbed hands and feet, Golduck are sometimes mistaken for Kappa. They have more formidable psychic powers than the Psyduck they evolve from, and they lose the headaches that they constantly suffer from. The gem on their foreheads glows when they use psychic powers as well as when they swim at full speed.

They live in fresh-water lakes and rivers, where they are seen gracefully swimming, especially at dusk. As the fastest swimmers out of all Pokémon, they can out swim even the most athletic of humans, though they often train with swimmers. As they are able to swim in severe storms, they are sometimes found rescuing people lost at sea from danger.

Personal Opinion

Golduck is a Kanto original. I've always liked this pokemon. I mean just look at em, he looks so sleek and is quite mysterious. Sometimes I think he is one of the most underated pokemon of all. Personally as well, I think he should have been Water/Psychic just like Slowking and Starmie. Why he isn't...I'll never know.

Brawl Bound??

Well...it's hard to say that he'll make it as a playable character.:( I know, the truth hurts like hell. Still, I think he'd **** the whole competition if he were in Brawl with his telekinetic abilities. Again, he's not likely seeing how alot of other pokemon *coughcoughlucariocoughcoughcoughcoughmewtwocoughcough are way way popular than him. Che.....he's just a big fish in a little pond in his franchise.

Moveset

Triple A- Golduck hits you with two standard haymakers and on the third attack he hits you with his tail.

Standard B- "Confusion" Golduck eyes turn sky blue to activate his psychic power and holds his right hand towards his opponent. A blue aura surrounds his opponent. Golduck then launches his foe to any direction he likes with a great amount of force. You can use your foe as a projectile.

Forward B- "Hyper Beam" Golduck fires a beam of mass destruction from the jewel from his head. This move can be charged for more damage.

Down B- "Hypnosis/Dream Eater"- Golduck puts his foe to sleep and then drains their HP and recovers his back.

Up B- "Hydro Pump"- Golduck fires a substantial amount of water toward the floor enabling him to come back on the stage. This move last for 4 and a half seconds and then he is vulnerable.

Up A- "Zen Headbutt"- Golduck hits you with his dome with a blue aura around him for more damage.

Down A "Iron Tail"- Golduck's tail glows white as he smacks you away with Iron Tail.

Forward A "Ice Punch"- Golduck smashes his opponent in the face with a chilling punch. If his opponent reaches at least 75% damage, they are launched in the air frozen.

Standard A "Substitute"- Golduck dissappears and lays a doll of him on the field. If his opponent hits it, three ice shard spears are launched at him instantly. Then Golduck reappears.

Taunts 1. Golduck finger glows like this.

Taunt 2. Golduck flexes his muscles.

Taunt 3. Golduck takes a nap in the air with his psychic powers and puts his hand on his face.

Alternate Colors

Sorry guys but this is the only one I could find. I'll search for some more later.

Thank you for reading this thread in all of it's entirety. Hopefully we'll see the God of all water pokemon in atleast as a pokeball.

Fin

Crazy Chaos

Smash Cadet
SHouldnt Mewtwo and Ridley be colored red or something? cus they were in the clouds, all we know is they hv a purpose, and Mewtwo was playable in Melee so we would assume mewtwo is going to be playable and Ridley would get a purpose, prolly just Mewtwo to be Red and Ridley just normal. I don't know. doesn't relly matter I guess, but this thread is handy. :)

Florida

イーグランツ
Sorry about my absence-- the Wii, along with some other things, have been keeping me busy for a while. I'll be sure to update the thread within the week after Christmas break. As for Wolf, I'll take him off of the yellow list.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sorry about my absence-- the Wii, along with some other things, have been keeping me busy for a while. I'll be sure to update the thread within the week after Christmas break. As for Wolf, I'll take him off of the yellow list.
What about the fact that there's no confirmation that any npc appearance other then assist trophy is a deconfirmation?

I could see something stating they have significantly decreased chances, but you stated "deconfirmation", and deconfirmation means, "confirmed to not be", in this case, "confirmed to not be playable".

I pointed this out before.

Cless

Smash Champion
Can you tell me a logical reason why they would make two separate character models for something? And if you say they'd use the same model, how do account for the fact that two versions of the same model would be on the screen? One impervious to damage doing something that a playable character would never do save for a FS, and one not.

courte

Smash Lord
seriously i know theres more than one Ness thread. If this is the support index, the ness link should go to the thread that supports him maybe??

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Can you tell me a logical reason why they would make two separate character models for something? And if you say they'd use the same model, how do account for the fact that two versions of the same model would be on the screen? One impervious to damage doing something that a playable character would never do save for a FS, and one not.
I never said that they would appear (in all probability odds of appearance are significantly decreased for that exact reason).

BUT that not a confirmation that the characters will not appear. Sakurai and co. still could have decide to do it.

No matter how logical it is, it's still a supposition, and quite frankly, the smash community considering it's suppositions rules of the universe is quite annoying.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, so you can't then and are just making an argument for the sake of arguing? Just to be clear.
No, I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm pointing out that npc appearances are not deconfirmations (assist trophies exempted), and I'm not disagreeing with you because what you said has no bearing whatsoever on what I said.

The fact is, while say, Munchlax is quite unlikely for the reason you stated, there's still a possibility of appearance on the final roster as playable, or any of the other such "deconfirmed" characters. We don't know how many npc appearances they'll confirm before the final rooster, and of what types, it's possible that the chance of at least one of them being playable could be sigifigant, or even with utterly significant odds of getting in, one of them is a playable character (think Ice Climbers' return).

If we're trying to legitimately examine which characters will be in, we cannot discount a character unless they have actually been confirmed as not being playable. Sure we can tier characters as having a really low shot, but a low shot is not 0% chance.

Top Bottom