• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bowser Thread! Confirmed!!

spjd

Smash Apprentice
But hey, if Kirby heals from his FS, whilst damaging opponents, then it just might be better than it looks

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu is obviously being redesigned with speed-demons in mind . . .

Bowser is obviously being redesigned with . . . slow demons in mind?

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm not ashamed to admit this: I just saw the new Giga Bowser Final Smash, and crapped my pants. Then I crapped in all my other pants. Then I crapped in someone elses pants. There is now a ten mile radius surrounding me in which there are no clean pants to be found.

Some might call this an over-reaction, but I think it's justified.

May I please Sig that? I don't think I've ever laughed that hard on these boards.(And thats saying something)

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
^ Agreed. That was hilarious.

I look forward to unleashing a maelstrom of pain on people as Gigabowser, though I probably still won't play him that often. I'm anxious to become reunited with Link after abandoning him for Fox in Melee.

wordman

Smash Apprentice
I am sure glad Bowser might be coming another decent character in the roster. When I saw the update after being on the road from New York for 2 days when I got back home. I must've lost my mind for like a few minutes, and went into a ferocious Bowser like frenzy in my room. Plumbers!!!!!!!!!!! (Raises arms and slaps chairs and etc. around room. Koopa Klaws his Dell.)

This makes 2007 godly. 2007 has already been rapesauce, and now it'll only get better. Even the negative things about this year was cool.

If Bowser Jr is an unlockable I will literally go super saiyan from happiness. Of course, they would not say that he is or not but if i find out--lol. I think someone said something about the cuteness leaving boozer. I also feel the same way. So now looks like his new combo videos when Brawl arrives wiil be "Boozer Vicious instead of "Boozer Cute".

Is anybody gonna order/import this game straight from japan?

wordman

Smash Apprentice
If it comes out in Japan first.
I just saw bowser and his final smash and I made cream in my pants.
Oh wait ....I didn't mean that.
2 much info rofl.

@ Gimpyfish: Wow your definition of cute surprises me. :laugh: Yes, to a certain degree he still retains his cuteness. with a lil bit of beast on the side.:p

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if he is beastly in brawl he was beastly in melee

if the only reason you called him cute was to go with a fad i might as well just start banning people for saying it

I'M A MOD, I HAVE THOSE POWERS MUHUAHAHHAAHAHAHA

wordman

Smash Apprentice
if he is beastly in brawl he was beastly in melee

if the only reason you called him cute was to go with a fad i might as well just start banning people for saying it

I'M A MOD, I HAVE THOSE POWERS MUHUAHAHHAAHAHAHA
lol @ fad. Bowser is my fav. nintendo character 1st of all. And hopefully I won't get flamed...I only truly like 6 characters out of the entire nintendo universe. If Bowser is crap I'll still play and rep him regardless like I been doing before I took this game seriously.

Florida

イーグランツ
With Bowser's new look, I'll be making a combo video after a few months of Brawl's release: Boozer... Cute?. I'm still awaiting "Boozer Mad" and "Boozer Cute 2", those are something that I'm looking forward to.

T-major

Smash Champion
a lot of people have mentioned Giga Bowser being a possible Bowser Final... I personally doubted it (I was expecting the clown mobile)

Boy do I feel like a goof!!! D:

I think it's a cool final smash. but hopefully they include his clown mobile in someway. an Item would be totally rad, but making Bowser ride in on it for a stage entrance (if the bring them back) would be way cooler (although, they could do both)

also, now that it's confirmed that transformations are allowed as finals, it only makes sense that Ganondorf transforms into Ganon for his Final. I really can't think of a better Final smash for him other than that. either as a transformation you can control, or just a powerful attack that uses the transformation.

as for his design; I love it! looks totally bad@$$!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
wario got it for a b move and to show wario ware rep. also, who thinks the bomb with a mustache would make a better symbol than the W

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I would love to see the Whirling Fortress or whatever Bowser's UpB is called replaced with the Koopa Clown Car! =) I dunno how probable that is, but if Wario busts out his chopper, we certainly can't rule it out of the realm of possibilities.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
A long, long time ago... in a galaxy far, far aw- (gets shot)

Anyway, way back before wavedashing was discovered, my mains were Marth, Link, Pikachu, Fox, Falco, and Bowser. About 2 years passed without me playing Smash (my first disc got too scratched)...

Then my mains changed to Marth, Pikachu, Captain Falcon, and Ness.

Since Goroh won't be playable, I might have to make Bowser one of my mains again...

Florida

イーグランツ
COOL! Just one question: How do I sig quotes?
Quote the original text of your liking, and then copy and paste that quote into your signature code area. Also, the Koopa Clown Car for his Up-B is something I can see working, as long as it gives him more height. The fortress was good in all, but it was mainly used as offensive purpouses. I'd like to use Bowser's Up-B as a long distance recovery device.

It's still not known how Wario's hog appears onto the stage, but it'll most likely be something like "pulling it out of his butt", or thin air. I'd imagine Bowser's Koopa Clown Car appear from the side of the stage, and race toward Bowser to save him from his fall.

Defense > Offense for that matter.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i was wondering, you think if you change bowsers color giga bowsers will change as well?

the blue one would be a strange sight

lol before we learned that bowsers final smash was giga bowser i thought it would be awesome if he jumped in the koopa clown car flew above the stage and dropped bobombs everywhere

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think that the clown car was more for paper bowser then real bowser, and i think also with bowser's new badass look, the clown car would lower his level of badass

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
i think that the clown car was more for paper bowser then real bowser, and i think also with bowser's new badass look, the clown car would lower his level of badass
not entirely true....He used it in super mario world.

if character entrances retourn, the klown car is a must (IMO).....and as for it "lowering his badass level"...semi agreed....time to "Pimp the Klown Car"

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
yes if they bring back intros which i could see them doing then the clown car is definate, that or the badass car he had in mario cart double dash

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
You can't get everything you want. Must EVERY SINGLE ONE of Bowser's move reference a Mario game? Like how Epic Movie references every single move possible?

The point of Smash is to have fun. How can you not have fun turning into a giant monster destroying everything around you?

As many moves as possible should be game references. Look at G&W. That's 100%. Obviously, this isn't possible with characters like Captain Falcon, but Bowser hasn't exhausted his resources yet. Even Kart and the sports games should come before Giga. Chain Chomp, a swarm of any number of his legions, raining the fire sprites from SMW, the Koopa Kids, and any of his specials from Mario RPG were all wonderful ideas in the running for the Final.

And thanks for elucidating the DBZ mentality I was talking about. That's exactly what I mean. Not everyone thinks that running amok as a "giant monster" is entertaining. Giant monster is simply generic and sad. A rich heritage squandered. That goes for you, too, Link. The Quake Medallion wants to know why you aren't returning her calls.

There is a way to redeem this, however, like Zamus is likely redeemed by embodying the fallen Sheik. If Kamek is the source of this transformation, like in Yoshi's Island, then this will much better tie into the Mario universe.

Florida

イーグランツ
Bowser's used the clown car before, Paper Mario isn't it's first appearence. As for a demonic turtle smiling at you while hovering above in a clown car, which is ALSO smiling at you, it couldn't get any more badass than that. Since the Final Smash is occupied, the only possibility for the Clown Car to return would be his Up-B, or his intro (if brought back).

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
even though bowser doesn't turn giga in the games he does turn giant numerous times
(paper mario, yoshi's island ds, mario party 5, super paper mario) also mario is now capitalizing in turning large ever sincenew super mario bros there's a refernce to it in almost every new party game

however using kamek to turn huge would be sweet

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
do you think every single one of mario's punches were a reference to a mario game, or his final smash for that matter. the thing is that you can also have moves related to the character itself, which helps to develop the character. bowser's giga bowser transform is a reference to a game also, ssbm. the koopa kids will probably be assists and even then they haven't been used for a while with the exception of mario and luigi superstar saga. so far noone else in ssbb has a transforming move, so it looks like an original idea. and i think the rpg moves would be generic if they slapped those onto him, like they weren't even trying. the thing is ssbm isnt about trying to tie every character to their games as much as possible, if it was you would see flud mario, vacum luigi, the tanuki suit, the frog, suit, mario using a hammer predominately, etc... i mean when bowser gets into a fight, he doesn't summon a bunch of people to do the fighting for him, he gets the job done, and it gets done well. and by not everyone, do you mean yourself, **** ill go out and buy any game that lets me play a giant monster, and i feel most people would do the same if they weren't soley on the fact that you got to play a giant monster.now i am going to turn my rant switch off and wait for someone else to post either in your favor or mine

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, yeah... I'm gonna come out in favor of the Giga Bowser Final Smash.
Sure, I love the clown car, but quite frankly I don't think dropping bombs on people can quite match the tactile pleasure and warm, fuzzy bloodlust that can only come from crushing your foes under very large, very pointy feet.
Besides, Bowser's always been a huge monster, right? And be it by Kamek and his magic or by some other method the old Koopa King always seemed keen on becoming an even larger, pointier monster and just sort of thrashing about. It seems that the the Giga Bowser Final Smash is right on target.
I mean, it's what I'd do if I could do a final smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Gimpyfish: Wow your definition of cute surprises me. :laugh: Yes, to a certain degree he still retains his cuteness. with a lil bit of beast on the side.:p

I find Diablos from FF8 cute, so this itself isn't very wierd at all.

I like the new Giga Bowser...booyah!

Top Bottom