• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bowser Thread! Confirmed!!

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Yeah, but I take solace in the fact that characters will ultimately be unbalanced. I enjoy the challenge of trying to be story mode on very hard with, say, Pichu. Low tier tournies are also probably the most fun out of any type of tourny. At least this time around perhaps low tiers will stand a fighting chance against higher tiered characters.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah, but I take solace in the fact that characters will ultimately be unbalanced. I enjoy the challenge of trying to be story mode on very hard with, say, Pichu. Low tier tournies are also probably the most fun out of any type of tourny. At least this time around perhaps low tiers will stand a fighting chance against higher tiered characters.
That's the "gray area", as of right now. We can only speculate as to how Sakurai plans to balance the game. After all, a Pichu is inherently weaker than just about anything, right? I have faith in his plans, but I'm curious to see how the tiers will play out with the inclusion of Sakurai's "new flavors". (Wow, that sounds dirty!)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Well, the tiers will change, obviously. That's how the balancing will work out.
The real question is just how close to there being only one big teir Sakurai and the Brawl team can get.
There will always be characters who just turn out better than others, because the only way to achieve true balance is to make every character identicle. But a clever developer could shrink the gap between the best and the worst to something truly insignificant.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, the tiers will change, obviously. That's how the balancing will work out.
The real question is just how close to there being only one big teir Sakurai and the Brawl team can get.
There will always be characters who just turn out better than others, because the only way to achieve true balance is to make every character identicle. But a clever developer could shrink the gap between the best and the worst to something truly insignificant.
Agreed. I'm just curious as to what changes to already-existing characters will be made to ensure their success alongside the rest in Brawl, as well as how Sakurai plans to fit the new characters into the balance. MK looks to be a formidable opponent, judging by the two trailers we have seen thus far. There's no way to say that he's broken just yet, but others are already speculating. Now it's up to Sakurai to assure us that it will work by explaining how the characters will work and what changes are being made.

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
*grabs controller*

I can't wait to take this new Bowser for a Test Drive.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Back to Bowser's personality, he is corny, he is goofy, that's the whole mood of Mario games. Bowser may be a villain, but not all villains are hardcore evil, Bowser is actually quite soft-hearted if you've played the games and read the dialogue.

I am more satisfied with his look, because they've kept his main colors intact (but a little rougher) and not so dark bronzy like in Melee. I am hoping they give Bowser the voice they gave him in Super Mario Sunshine. We all know Bowser can speak, he had dialogue in Super Mario RPG, all of the Mario Parties and yes, Super Mario Sunshine. The voice was corny in Super Mario Sunshine, but it fit, because like I have been saying throughout this whole post, Bowser is corny.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ken: "This is madness!"

Gimpy: "Bowser... is... GOD TIER!!!!!!!!

Back to Bowser's personality, he is corny, he is goofy, that's the whole mood of Mario games. Bowser may be a villain, but not all villains are hardcore evil, Bowser is actually quite soft-hearted if you've played the games and read the dialogue.
YES!

I am more satisfied with his look, because they've kept his main colors intact (but a little rougher) and not so dark bronzy like in Melee. I am hoping they give Bowser the voice they gave him in Super Mario Sunshine. We all know Bowser can speak, he had dialogue in Super Mario RPG, all of the Mario Parties and yes, Super Mario Sunshine. The voice was corny in Super Mario Sunshine, but it fit, because like I have been saying throughout this whole post, Bowser is corny.
*looks on Youtube* ...hmmm.... needs a little more chuck-norrisness.

Did you know that Bowser's roundhouse kick - *is shot*

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
. . .

So does this mean that SmashBoards needs to update that logo it has, with the Melee Bowser currently in it?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the fact that i am good at bowser only exists because of how much i absolutely love him as a character, "master of bower" doesn't just refer to smash you know

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I guess I should rephrase what I said. I didn't necessarily like the voice actor in Sunshine, I just meant Bowser needs to be voiced in Brawl, because he can speak. The next voice actor should have the ability to sound evil when needed, but also keep Bowser's cheesiness intact.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'd bet my weight in gold you belong to gaia....
I'll take that Gaia gold, if you're passin' it out. ;) j/k of course... :shudder:

"Hail to the King, baby..."
Groovy.

In SMB, the chucked glowing axes at you, over a pit of fire, while hiding the princess in a windowless room, in the depths of the dankest lace we've seen in the SMB universe.

The only way to defeat him was to incinerate him! Either hail fireballs for about...5 minutes, or send him into the fiery rage below him.

If you even so much as touch him, you shrunk to half your size, or died.

If you ask me, they should give him some small children to hurl at his opponents. He needs as much badass as he can get, after the ****** he's gotten over the past 15 years.
Best monologue. Ever.

lol phail
Super Mario All-stars. Technically, not the original. ;)

I don't know, I still think he's kinda cute, hehe :) But of course, I am crazy.
You're crazy enough to go out with me for 4+years. ;) Love you.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I guess I should rephrase what I said. I didn't necessarily like the voice actor in Sunshine, I just meant Bowser needs to be voiced in Brawl, because he can speak. The next voice actor should have the ability to sound evil when needed, but also keep Bowser's cheesiness intact.
Kero! Hello, buddy. :)

Agreed, though. I like Bowser's campy voice acting, and perhaps just a little more menace would do the trick.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
As much as I'm loving his new look......

The difference in style between him & his minions is too drastic.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
As much as I'm loving his new look......

The difference in style between him & his minions is too drastic.

He has a point. They look like they're from entirely different games. It almost like comparing a Resident Evil character to a Kirby character when you think about it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Agreed. But at the same time, the only way to decrease the disparity is to creepify the Hammer Bro, and that just wouldn't work. Sure, you could technically uncreepify Bowser, but I refuse: I love his new look way too much to just give him up. =)

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Great idea for an AT: You summon Little Mac,who jabs your foe a bunch of times and then bites their ear off.

Sorry,wrong thread!

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
He has a point. They look like they're from entirely different games. It almost like comparing a Resident Evil character to a Kirby character when you think about it.
its because that AT is straight from super mario 64 or something...they just cleaned bowser up, made him look pretty...lol

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
its because that AT is straight from super mario 64 or something...they just cleaned bowser up, made him look pretty...lol
In normal games Bowser is "cartoony" is Melee they pushed the "Flamboyantly shiny" button on him,and in Brawl they clicked the "creepy old psycho" button!

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Who said that they couldn't picture what Giga Bowser would look like? Well take a look at the site now!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
OMG... he looks like he would rip you open, eat your insides... all while laughing at your misery...

Florida

イーグランツ
For all of you who were discussing the matter of Bowser being a tank, and less stun-resistance. I think tonight's update pretty much covered that up. Sakurai basically said that he'd be invincible while performing his Final Smash, for the most part.

The design of Giga is pretty awesome, his teeth are a little more sharp this time! :)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I'm not ashamed to admit this: I just saw the new Giga Bowser Final Smash, and crapped my pants. Then I crapped in all my other pants. Then I crapped in someone elses pants. There is now a ten mile radius surrounding me in which there are no clean pants to be found.

Some might call this an over-reaction, but I think it's justified.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Holy Crap! Who was it that said no one would do any transforming for Final Smashes? Looks like there will be, and Bowser looks great! What a terrifically appropriate FS for Bowser- it totallly references Smash Bros Melee! Even though his FS isn't actually from any sort of Mario game that I can think of, I like his FS a lot.

i wonder if this means anyone else could transform... Ganondorf ---> Ganon? (yet, doesn't Giga Bowser somehow resemble the Ganon from LoZ: OoT to anyone?)
Young Link ---> Fierce Deity?

Hard to say....

Also, I am actually on the fence when it comes to Bowser's new look alone. He seems so realistsic that its just starting to maybe push the boundaries of the uncanny valley... the detail in his face (the creases and such) make him so much meaner looking, and less cute/cartoony. I wonder if we can expect Bowser to look like this in any future games?

Top Bottom