• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Brawl at Goop's this Friday!

Anyone and everyone is invited.

-4533 S. Mill Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282 (PARK OUTSIDE OF COMPLEX)

Try to post if you're coming. We just want a ballpark headcount to prepare setups.

Vat- Storch

Smash Cadet
Yammer is STB, son! Yammer ***** and mans-up, therefore, he's S.T.B. Very simple screening process. S.T.B. as a crew in Brawl will **** harder than before. It won't be fair for the other crews if we go to this tourney. Plus, revo-lose-en doesn't even know their own team members. S.T.B. respects and encourages their own and also expects serious **** and manning -up. No johns and always have fun.

p.s. Rumor has it that TCB might merge with S.T.B. The paper work isn't filled, but thats the word on the streets. Only time will tell.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Ok well like I said I just want a heads up from everyone who was once a member and no longer wants to be one.

So if you say Yamer isn't part of the crew thats cool, the only other ones I need to know from are Coreygames and ChaosTheory.

Assuming they both hate brawl as much as they say they do I guess they are out as well.

That leaves the Brad, Greg, Dan, Charlie and I.

I am assuming Greg, Brad and Dan all still want in. It would be cool just to get confirmation to be sure.

If my math adds up then that would leave three spots open. We will decide the extra spots after I see people actually play at my tourney. I want to gauge peoples skill before I just give the go ahead to be in the crew.

No response to the trash talk since I don't need to our track record speaks for itself, we haven't lost to STB as of yet.

Edit: If you didn't see Dan's post then let me just say that I am having a smashfest on Friday,

SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Coreygames speaks out!

While I do agree that Brawl isn't the greatest game... I think people here are being a little too cynical about it.

Welcome it with open arms. I like it.
This is corey:

So wait, I'm suppose to take a game that throws everything I've ever known out the window, kicks me in the balls, kidnaps me, ***** me, and leaves me naked on the streets and allow it into my house with open arms? **** no! Just because you are blinded by the "shiny new thing" doesn't me that everyone has to try it AND like it. I tried it, I tried it a lot. I don't like it. I have no respect for it. I can't have "fun," I only get frustrated and annoyed at any attempt to do anything. I DON'T LIKE IT. Deal with it.

Tonight I brought melee back when no one was playing brawl. People laughed at me, but when the people who had only played brawl actually sat down to play melee, it was like they ****ing got the magical card to the sugar princess in Candyland. Unbelievable!

So, like I siad, have fun. And stop telling me that I have to like Brawl or to spend more time with it. If you want me to like it so much, find a way to hack it or put any skill in it. Until then, I'm going to play a good game. PEACE

darthryan

Smash Rookie
yeah man, it think you're being a negative nancy.

the game is hella fun and every day people are getting better at it and learning new tricks. i know me and all my friends are. i mean the games been out 3 days, and that is not even close to enough time to find a character you like playing and mastering it.

im hoping to try and make your tournament goop. i cant wait to start playing other people and learning new things.

i mean alot of people were pissed at melee when it came out cause i was so into the 64 version, but everyone finally came to and found out melee was awesome.

Vat- Storch

Smash Cadet
Daththryan has no idea what he's talking about. You can't compare this game with melee because brawl sucks. He says the same crap people have been regurtitating for he last month. Enough with the mastering of ******** characters crap. And making" new combos" if Brawl did become a great game , people like Shane and others who quit will quit Brawl too, so enjoy the crappiness while you can.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
First off...WTF TREEKO...lol.

Secondly, Brawl is pretttttty lame. I played the other day and kept winning because i could press the z button over and over...(dedede is llaaame lol).

Finally, Goop you can count me as a backup for the crew...as I'll still play somewhat but I don't know how often I'll make it to things.

Post-Finally, anyone else notice how terrible the hitboxes are in brawl?....and I thought melee was bad.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
This is corey:

So wait, I'm suppose to take a game that throws everything I've ever known out the window, kicks me in the balls, kidnaps me, ***** me, and leaves me naked on the streets and allow it into my house with open arms? **** no! Just because you are blinded by the "shiny new thing" doesn't me that everyone has to try it AND like it. I tried it, I tried it a lot. I don't like it. I have no respect for it. I can't have "fun," I only get frustrated and annoyed at any attempt to do anything. I DON'T LIKE IT. Deal with it.

Tonight I brought melee back when no one was playing brawl. People laughed at me, but when the people who had only played brawl actually sat down to play melee, it was like they ****ing got the magical card to the sugar princess in Candyland. Unbelievable!

So, like I siad, have fun. And stop telling me that I have to like Brawl or to spend more time with it. If you want me to like it so much, find a way to hack it or put any skill in it. Until then, I'm going to play a good game. PEACE

the game is hella fun and every day people are getting better at it and learning new tricks. i know me and all my friends are. i mean the games been out 3 days, and that is not even close to enough time to find a character you like playing and mastering it.

im hoping to try and make your tournament goop. i cant wait to start playing other people and learning new things.

i mean alot of people were pissed at melee when it came out cause i was so into the 64 version, but everyone finally came to and found out melee was awesome.
How about this for an answer, which Vat has some dire problem with.

Anyway, Coreygames and everyone else in the state are allowed to state what they feel about this game. Just because SOME people don't like the fact that SOME people dislike brawl, doesn't mean they can't post here.
Also, I'm sorry that a Brawl ***** you CT, but it isn't your fault! Also. remember that all brawls aren't rapists. Just keep your calm and keep your rage inside of you, and soon it will pass.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
ONCE MORE, this is corey (my laptop doesn't have a power cord and I don't want to inconvenience Trent by logging him out everytime I get on to type about my opinions.)

Come on people... do you even read my posts? Or, are you only seeing what you want to see i.e. "BLAH BLAH BLAH Brawl sucks." I have a legitimate reason to not like it. I played it from 12:00 am Sunday to 9:00 Sunday, slept, then played from 3:00 pm sunday to 12:00 am Monday. I ****ing played the **** out of that game. I played the entire roster we had unlocked in that period (Everyone except puff and wolf). I found that I couldn't have as much fun in Brawl as I can RIGHT NOW in melee. I only had intentions of playing Samus. That's all I play in melee. Is she top tier? Hardly, but I still play her for my own reasons. Playing Brawl with her is like cheering for an autistic, wheel-chair ridden kid in a race with Jeff Gordon. You are only doing it because you either like to fail or like the underdog... a lot.

So, the lot of ya, stop telling me to change my opinion. I don't want to 'give it more time;' I don't want to accept it and move on, I don't want to find a different character. I want melee, not what ever this game is. This game is NOT smash. This game is not my game. This may be yours, it is not mine. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD! My opinoin is mine and mine alone. If you think because you have Lucario or Ike that that makes you better than me, then fine, go ****ing be better than me. But, the day you come back to melee and play me, I hope that it wasn't late enough that you forgot how to play a game with skill.

Edit:

And, dude, who the hell are you? I've never seen, played, or heard of you before and you are being judgmental on me. Then you go to say later that you "can't wait to play people." What, let me guess, in melee you could beat all the lvl 9 comps right? The only reason you are even on these boards is because of brawl! You don't even know how well I played in melee, I bet you can't even guess how well I place in tournaments. I bet you don't know the controversy of me getting five dollars off a stoner who plays falco in MM at tournaments in Tuscon. Besides, telling me to find a good new character is like saying everyone in melee should have played fox because he was the top. No, there was a metagame. A kind of rock-paper-scissors thing going on. I melee, you could beat a fox with a Doc, or a Marth with a Peach. In Brawl? Good ****ing luck!!!! Let's see you do ANYTHING with yoshi!

So, how about before you go telling me to chill in what ever for or fashion, and this is not only applicable to this guy either, I'm looking at you AltF4, Gamer, and anyone else who has a problem with people without proper respect for "majority vote," learn to deal with other people. Maybe I'll play Snake if I feel like it, because I know for **** sure this is going to be the only playable game at school for at least the next month until I divert everyone's attention back to melee whenever they aren't enraptured by the bug zapper like glow of Smash Balls.

/Wall-o-text

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Corey, I think people are offended because you saying it wrong. For most people in here, they like Brawl. However when you make comments like

"Brawl sucks. Playing Brawl with her is like cheering for an autistic, wheel-chair ridden kid in a race with Jeff Gordon. You are only doing it because you either like to fail or like the underdog... a lot."

How do you think the others feel? Naturally offended because you say the ones who like brawl fail.

I am neutral on this subject, but if you were to say something like

"I disapprove of brawl, it is not my cup of tea"

It might make people stop raging.

But if the rest of you can't take an opinion, then that's y'all problem, not Corey's.

Lol Nytewisdom

CHUK

Smash Ace
Lol new game angst, if you r going to argue, do it unproductively please, alot more flaming, and talk about pplz motherz.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
eh, i think brawl is fun. but i just dont think its the competitive play that everyone has hoped for, melee is way more competitive.
play brawl if u wanna have fun screwing around just be social, or if u sucked at melee and want a fresh start (dont wanna name names) :p. but melee is where its at, fun and very competitive.
i'll play brawl and melee, but whatever the community decides on what to play competitive thats what i'll go with

EoW

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Is The Best Game Ever Stop Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq I Get To **** Brandon Wooooooot

EoW

Smash Apprentice
Also I Need To Flame Play N Trade, For The Top Three Who Won And Didnt Get There Store Credit Which Was A Flyer Right In Front Of The Computer Saying 1st , 2nd, 3rd Got Moneys And The Cheap Store Who Said Themselves That They Had 102 Entries Couldnt Shelf Out 200$ Store Credit Total What A Joke, They Pulled Some Little Flyer Out Of The Back Of Storage That Said No Store Credit Rofl, They Made Lets See

102 * Aprox 10-15$ A Person, .... Cheap.....

Anywho, I Feel Bad For The Three Peopel That Got Top Three And Got Jipped Becuase The Cheap *******s.

Anywho, Ill Never Give Money To That Garabge Company But Ill Take Their Tournys All Day

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Is Nyte saying that most of the people here like brawl more than melee? If this is true, you must be really ********.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Everyone needs to tone down the personal attacks, keep your responses relevant to the discussion.

Also, just to recap.

ChaosTheory
AltF4Warrior
Dark
Light
Goop
CHUK

Are all still in the crew.

That would leave two spots open. I'll keep my eye open and fill the remaining two spots after my tourney.

One last thing I want all the crew members to not be chumps, so practice and make it to my tourney.

CHUK

Smash Ace
First off...WTF TREEKO...lol.

Secondly, Brawl is pretttttty lame. I played the other day and kept winning because i could press the z button over and over...(dedede is llaaame lol).

Finally, Goop you can count me as a backup for the crew...as I'll still play somewhat but I don't know how often I'll make it to things.

Post-Finally, anyone else notice how terrible the hitboxes are in brawl?....and I thought melee was bad.
And yeah I noticed this too it pisses me off, like look at Toon Link's up air I am going to attack from the side and then.... I die!?!?!?!? This is the biggest thing I must get used to is the hit boxes.
[QUOTE =Elysium]I kinda like to stop brawling around noon... so I can eat lunch and get on with my day. Do I get overtime?[/QUOTE]
lol

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really, quit it with the spam. The Arizona thread deserves better than this. If you don't like Brawl, then that's cool. Maybe provide some kind of actual topic to discuss, rather than spouting meaningless johns.

For example: The hitbox for Din's Fire is retardedly huge. It hits you even if you're nowhere near it, it's a decent killing move, it moves quickly, and did I mention that it homes on to people?

Corey, I didn't think that Samus was all that bad. She got her recovery gimped, but her short hop is really low now. You can do really quick shuffled n-airs. Plus Up-B out of shield works great still too.

Also, anyone else notice how Link's recovery got gimped? It's almost as bad as Link in smash64.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Corey, I think people are offended because you saying it wrong. For most people in here, they like Brawl. However when you make comments like
Is Nyte saying that most of the people here like brawl more than melee? If this is true, you must be really ********.
Learn to read.

I said most people like brawl. I did not say most people like brawl more than melee. I question the intelligence of the Vats sometimes.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
This is corey:

Less than three, corey.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Arghhh I want to play some brawl, if you want to join in me and my friend will be playing maybe we can do some doubles, that might be really laggy who knows, I get a really good connection though.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Learn to read.

I said most people like brawl. I did not say most people like brawl more than melee. I question the intelligence of the Vats sometimes.

I sometimes question your relationship with the thread and other smashers. I just can't believe you said such a general statement like: most people here like brawl. Who are you to say what other's think or believe? I read your statement correct...and I made my conclusion by all the past post that you have posted. Your a Brawl fanboy, thats all. Stop trying to defend it constantly. Like Dan said, just stop talking about it nyte. Its always you who has to put your two cents after anyone posts stuff that you don't agree with, Ya jerk!

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Okay, that's good. I like Melee and Brawl. Gosh, I never said one thing extremely negative to the Vats and they tell me to shut up and Man up. Gosh. How about you stop putting in your two cents. If i am incorrect that most people in this thread like brawl, then I am. What you need to do is cool down. These are just words about a stupid game that has no benefit in our lives except entertainment. I feel like I should defend myself against two people who, for some reason, are pissed off at me. I have no idea how this started.

If you reply to this message with a response with me liking brawl, or having the other Vat defend you, or to insult me, you have a compulsive need to do so and cannot withhold your own posts, I hope you agree that this will be an end to our endless squabble, and we can continue on with our Arizona ways of speaking, that is it from this topic.

If you need to speak more on this topic, feel free to contact me at NicknyteHedgehog.

Thanks for listening.

Top Bottom