• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

forward

Smash Champion
I think Axe could make it on the West Coast team, his falco ditto skizzles and gimmicky pikachu would be useful. He would be an alternate at the very least.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
uh... so ya. i played some smash today. had a $100 mm with my friend and i just completely destroyed him. thing is, he's not gonna pay me ;_; he's a prick and he doesn't like DDD's chain grab XD
brawl sucks biiiiiiiiitch

>.< **** i forgot i posted on this thread already. i opened up the quote in a new tab and made the first post on quick reply. don't hurt me dan LOL

fark

Smash Apprentice
quick question...

does anyone happen to the schedule for genesis? mainly, when the singles pools are?

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman
FRIDAY JULY 10TH:

* 9:00am: Check-in and Registration
* 12:00pm: (Brawl or Melee) Regional Crews will begin
* 4:00pm: (Melee or Brawl) Regional Crews will begin
* 8:00pm: First round of (Melee or Brawl) Teams Pools begin

SATURDAY JULY 11TH:

* 9:00am: (Brawl or Melee) Teams Pools begin
* 1:00pm: Brawl Singles Pools
* 6:00pm: Melee Singles Pools

SUNDAY JULY 12TH:

* 9:00am: Brawl Teams Bracket begins
* 11:30am: Melee Teams Bracket begins
* 2:00pm: Brawl Singles Bracket begins
* 5:00pm: Melee Singles Bracket begins
* 8:00pm: Brawl Teams Championship Match
* 8:30pm: Melee Teams Championship Match
* 9:00pm: Brawl Singles Championship Match
* 9:30pm: Melee Singles Championship Match

Whole Schedule for Genesis ^^^

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
with the exception of Brawl crews being taken out.

for now at least....

Also, everyone I'm friends with on AIM, I got a new screen name. If you are too lazy yo click the AIM icon on my post, here it is: TommyDMeister

If we are not already friends, you should add me, I'm a fairly nice guy d('.'d)

AXE 09

Smash Master
wait, there's not gonna be individual crews at genesis? i thought it was still being discussed. or at least... that's the message i got after reading this

....> http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6145992&postcount=400

i reeeeeaaallllly wanna be a part of crews lol. it would be so amazing ^^ i've been practicing really hard... i still play almost every day.

hey sean, you should come down wednesday with chris. TIMMY WILL BE HERE OMG *orgasm*

anyways... if they decide to do individual crews..... could i team with the top players of AZ? i promise i'll try my best and train hard

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I wish I didn't have school, I want to go to Sierra Vista..... :(

How long will Tim be around, I assume not too long.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Chris, can I get a ride down with you?
for what? SV on wednesday?

looks like so far it's me, jackie, xander, and maybe sean. i still have one more spot and if anyone in tucson wants to go. 2 if sean doesn't want to go since it's finals week and he's pretty busy with school. who else wants to come?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I like spamming shine-usmash with Fox since I was randomly able to do it consistently the other day heh.

Nick, I won't need your controller but thanks though. I don't want to become dependent on it, plus I would be too lazy to drive back to campus to return it haha. When do you leave back to Phoenix, I'm too lazy to lurk older posts to see if you already answered that.

Chris, you should get around to fixing my broken controller in your bag.

Tucson Round Robin on Fri/Sat, eh? eh? We always declare them but never actually do them haha.

If AZ can gather up $200 for me, I will get a Captain Falcon tattoo. $500 and I will get Squirtle surfing my pubes.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Nick, I won't need your controller but thanks though. I don't want to become dependent on it, plus I would be too lazy to drive back to campus to return it haha. When do you leave back to Phoenix, I'm too lazy to lurk older posts to see if you already answered that.

If AZ can gather up $200 for me, I will get a Captain Falcon tattoo. $500 and I will get Squirtle surfing my pubes.
jackie if you have a decent one i 'll trade you for the one you like then you won't have to worry about it lol...i check out of the dorms friday afternoon, but i wanted to stay for the last weekly that i can, so i'll end up leaving tucson sat, prolly, plus tommy still has my controller :D

i have 2 bucks for you jackie, start counting lol

just lemme know

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
BTW guys how much does genesis cost
I forgot to address this. Genesis is going to cost at least a few hundred dollars. $500 would be a safe amount total to have in your checking account for the trip. The more money you have the better, of course. I would highly recommend bringing only enough cash for the entry fees and gas, while using cards for your other expenses.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Genesis is 20 for singles, 15 per person for doubles, and 20 dollar venue fee.

If you're entering both Melee AND Brawl singles and doubles, then you have to pay for singles and doubles again.

fark

Smash Apprentice
people mover 2 is cancelled. i already posted that. it will be back though, in due time.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yes, we definitley need to have a Round Robin this Friday. I am free after 6 because of work, when and where?

I forgot to address this. Genesis is going to cost at least a few hundred dollars. $500 would be a safe amount total to have in your checking account for the trip. The more money you have the better, of course. I would highly recommend bringing only enough cash for the entry fees and gas, while using cards for your other expenses.
All the entry fee's + venue fee HAVE to be paid online, so really you only need gas money, and card.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I love that M2K is coming.

Not for the fact that he's probably going to take all the moneys, but because it's M2K.

Having never been out of AZ (and having only been out of Tucson 4 times,twice to Sierra Vista and Phoenix for tournies) I never get to see or meet top player from OOS.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
also jackie you punk, you never answered me!

I'm sticking to my original answer. I don't have an extra controller except for a broken one that is currently in Chris's possession.

HOW DARE YOU NOT CAPITALIZE THE 'J' IN MY NAME, I AM GOING TO STEAL YOUR FIRST BORN CHILD. FOOLISH MORTAL.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Thats going to be crazy. I might just pay the $10 bucks to get in devastation as a guest so i can just play in side tournaments and not do $55 just to lose to M2K. I really want to get my rep up in AZ brawl thats the main thing so do you think I should just do it by doing friendlies there or should i waste $55 bucks.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Almost positive but just to be sure I emailed the person in charge of the devastation event. I will post the answer later when I get the response.

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman
Thats going to be crazy. I might just pay the $10 bucks to get in devastation as a guest so i can just play in side tournaments and not do $55 just to lose to M2K. I really want to get my rep up in AZ brawl thats the main thing so do you think I should just do it by doing friendlies there or should i waste $55 bucks.
Winning friendlies barely means anything.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Winning friendlies barely means anything.
Do you sandbag? People can play seriously in friendlies too. They're called seriouslies. It's not like if you're playing a friendly, it automatically does not make it a serious match. --- Hey Kira, why don't you play Melee?

Top Bottom