• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical Pokemon Stadium Thread!

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else see drifloon in the background there. I see him ^_^. He is extremly small but he is there. That means fourth generation of pokemon is finally confirmed to atleast take a role as new pokemon game...atleast i hope o-o.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
This has to be my fave stage as of right now guys stop QQing about the air stage i meen its awsome more air combat that doesnt effect anything if u dont wanna go high DONT JUMP... ohh and for the lightning one i bet it adds lightning damage every time u hit... or maby makes everyone grounded with low jumps by magnetic ways lol.

and if its band from tournys i say **** tournys this game is about fun

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Tournaments are fun. The new transformations definitely look pretty cool. The one's in melee were pretty bland so it's nice to see distinct differences between them. As for tournament viable, that's irrelevant until the Brawl scene really takes off. That said, Mute City is legal with low friction segments, so low gravity and a slick ground and platforms may not affect it enough too warrant a ban.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
A lot of people suggested on the blog that Electric wasn't shown because Pichu would be in the background, and that Sakurai was saving that as a pleasant surprise for us later. I lol'd.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian

See what looks like a foot and shadow on the left of the screen? What is that? Merely a Pokemon?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
There's something that I've been thinking that may actually happen; since the Pokémon Stadium music also has the "evolution" part in it, I'm guessing that the evolution part is going to play during each time the stage is transforming into a different field (that is, when the Pokémon Stadium/Evolution music plays instead of some other music). (I hope nobody has stated this before.)

And about this stage's tournament legality; I'm going to guess that this won't be a neutral stage, but it would also not be banned. The special effects will probably make it not be a neutral, but none of the ones so far actually have hazards that deals damage/can KO you, so it shouldn't really be banned (as even some stages in Melee with hazards like Cornelia aren't even banned). This being a counter-pick-only stage would be great, as it'll be a good pick for characters with multiple jumps, since they can take more advantage of the strengthened jumps/aerial combat (on Flying field), not having to deal as much with the slippery surface as other characters do (on Ice field), and being able to get over the dirt pile in the center of the stage easier when there's a camping opponent on the other side (on Ground field).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's probably going to stay as a neutral stage. It starts out in basic form, and even if it does transform, it will probably stay neutral, being a perfectly balanced stage in terms of size. :)

And dang, this makes two stage discussion threads more viewed then my Wario Ware one. Kidding, kidding, kidding [or am I=??]. :laugh:

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
this stage was my fav in melee so im glad they made this come back and its like 5 stages in one but i can't wait to do the flying and electeric

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing banned from tournaments. But even though I play tournaments, I'm a big fan of playing levels like these for fun. Flying, Electric, and Ice seem pretty awesome.

As for your idea about the evolution music playing as the stage change, it took the song about a minute to get to that part...I guess there could be one change per minute. I think it went at about that rate in Melee...just a little bit faster

(Off topic, but I really see Mute City as a "fun" stage. xD Tournament legal or not.)

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
ok im not sure if someone added this but but since they called pkmn stadium >2< will they have # 1 too???(i was too lazy too read everything so pls repeat it)

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
i cant wait to play this stage, pick pokemon trainer and vs my frend as ALSO picks pokemon trainer!!!! ahaahah total awsomeness!!!!!

which leads me to something completely off topic, do you think they will add another pokemon trainer? (diff hat, hair, gender?) and be named as pokemon trainer 2? the point of this would obviously getting 3 different pokemon to cycle thru possibly the starters from the new generations?

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
which leads me to something completely off topic, do you think they will add another pokemon trainer? (diff hat, hair, gender?) and be named as pokemon trainer 2? the point of this would obviously getting 3 different pokemon to cycle thru possibly the starters from the new generations?
No they might do that for PT alt. costeums

Sorry i cannot spell some words.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
No they might do that for PT alt. costeums

Sorry i cannot spell some words.

you don't get my main point, my point was you would get 3 diff pokemon instead of charizard, ivysaur, and squirtle. maybe from the diamond & pearl games.

maximus

Smash Apprentice
Basically I hope it's like the Pokemon Stadium stage in Melee, except with more variations... it would be nice to be able to control how often these transformations occur as well.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I was thinking about the different music for this stage the other day and came up with some possibilitys. As far as we know, each stage is going to have about four different tracks and we already know of the gym/evolution music. Of course there will most likely be your basic battle music, I think they need to use the new champion music and the new game corner music. Imo, the new game corner music is some of the best pkmn music I have ever heard.

Top Bottom