• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

sportsguy317

Smash Rookie
So is anyone actually going tomorrow? And can we just show up? I've never played in a tourney or with anyone other than my friends, but I definitely want to go tomorrow to play a **** load of friendlies and learn some stuff (maybe even saturday).

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
So you won't see me tomorrow after all. The guy covering my shift managed to get himself fired so its my shift again. To make matters worse I have to work til 11 so I won't be there for friendlies either

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
sorry...im just a little upset. been dying in dark souls all day...but yes all newcomers are DEFINITELY WELCOMED and mew2king will be there

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
If my 70 hours in Dark Souls 2 says anything, the salt is very real

snex

Smash Master
SL 160 swordsman dual wielding +10 raw short swords. come at me bro.

yeah why is there no tourney? because kels boycotts if he cant take 1st place?

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
SL 160 swordsman dual wielding +10 raw short swords. come at me bro.

yeah why is there no tourney? because kels boycotts if he cant take 1st place?
there was talk of the money match event about 2 weeks ago and bobby decided to cancel it last week and just do normal WDW because it was getting mixed reactions. So he was trying to decide if we should give it a shot this week since we have our big tourney on saturday.last i heard we were still planning on doing the mm event tonight but who knows.it could change...im perfectly happy with either.

snex

Smash Master
ill money match m2k where each of my stocks are worth $1 and each of his stocks are worth $4.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I agree with Sir Norman, I probably won't make the drive down this week if there's no tournament. I understand there's a $MM thing going on but I feel like we didn't hype it up enough, since I don't really know what's going on.

Last edited:

Tree Cat

Smash Cadet
I might go to some events this summer, when my Wednesdays are clear and i can get train tickets.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to show up for this week's Wavedash Wednesday, only because its my last day at my current job. Hopefully with the new one I'm getting, I made sure I can go to all WDW's.

RockyLuna-

Smash Rookie
Im probably going to show up with a buddy this Wednesday. But I got a couple questions. How big of a space is the event held in? Is it strictly melee and PM? Can we just show up to play tons of friendlies with others? This would be me & my buds first smash event as well. So we might look lost if we show up, haha.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Im probably going to show up with a buddy this Wednesday. But I got a couple questions. How big of a space is the event held in? Is it strictly melee and PM? Can we just show up to play tons of friendlies with others? This would be me & my buds first smash event as well. So we might look lost if we show up, haha.
I forget the exact size on the venue, but it just held 100+ people for the Saturday monthly tournament. It comfortably fits enough for Wavedash Wednesdays.
Some people play Mahvel and I wouldn't be surprised if people would play 64 if you asked. If you just want to play tons of friendlies, just pay the venue fee. You wont be able to play during the beginning of the tournament, but once it hits the middle of it, friendlies will open up.

Would like to get some matches with you if you show up, but I have work johns. Hopefully next week.

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
The tournaments are well run too, so the set ups open up to friendlies pretty quick.

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
It's big enough, like kaysick said it held a huge amount of people this weekend.

The tournaments are melee and PM 1v1s, but there are some 64 setups, as well as marvel. You can bring your own setup though, and in fact it's encouraged (you get a cheaper venue fee and you can decide what games you want to play that way).

You do not need to enter the tournament if you show up, but if you want to actually play friendlies you'd still have to pay the $5 venue fee.

I'd strongly encourage you guys to come out! The community is really welcoming for new players (I'm still relatively new myself), and it's a fun time. Keep in mind though that if you don't enter the tournament there will be times you can't play friendlies (because all the setups will be used for tournaments matches).

I'd suggest entering the tournament, since it's only $5 and that way you can get some more serious games in, but no pressure either way. People will be very willing to play friendlies with you, myself included.

Hope you can guys can make it :)

Top Bottom