• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
If only he knew the unholy retribution of banana peels that awaited him. We could have saved him.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Not sure if I'll be able to make it out tomorrow. The weather will be bad and cause loads of traffic. So I'm unsure. If I can't make it, my bad. I'll be there Saturday for sure!

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
I got a CRT, so the true training begins now. I'm sticking with my low tiers and coming for EVERY ONE OF YOU when I'm not free anymore. xD

Webs

Smash Cadet
Wavedash Wednesday results for PM and Melee 3/12/14: University of Chicago Showed Up Edition

PM Top 4:

1. Kels
2. Rat
3. Lazarond
4. Trail
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_PM_39

Melee Top 4:
1. Kels
2. Trail
3. UChi | Goose
4. UChi | OnionChild
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_Melee_37

We broke the attendance record from a couple weeks ago which is awesome but I gotta start bringing my own setup so I can play late friendlies lol
No Melee stream again this week :0
PM VODs should be up sooner or later at http://www.youtube.com/windycitysmash or you can watch the twitch archive at http://www.twitch.tv/windycitysmash

B.W.

Smash Champion
Looking at my past results. I'm determined to get passed 13th place. We're doing something different this Wednesday though aren't we?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Looking back at past results, I remembered I used to get like, top 5 at most of these

I'm determined to get back up there. You guys better watch out

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I got like top 5 with 20 people! In PM

Besides I never did well in Melee except one time I got third to Rat and Oro haha

Last edited:

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
So I just got around to filling out the Rivalries doc, saw that it's canceled which is too bad. I was hype :(

If I'm any indication, there might have been more interest than form submissions suggested. The doc was kind of a hassle to fill out, needed a lot of info, and at least in my case I put off filling it out because I assumed the person MMing me had already. I understand the need to have things set up in advance, but maybe if there was a better system for registering where people could make/ accept challenges in one place, like a public doc or something, there would have been more responses. Definitely hope it gets tried again at some point.

B.W.

Smash Champion
It was canceled? That's a shame. I won't be able to enter the next two Wednesdays because of work. I'll try to show up for friendlies though

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
UChicago represent! 3rd, 4th, 5th, 17th, & 17th in Melee. Good stuff, guys. Trail and Kels seem like a whole tier above us though.

I got 100% team-killed =[

Last edited:

Mega Manny

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mannerz
Hey Manny I think we played last week. (you played Luigi a bunch?) You're not free! You almost beat Money!
Yeah, I main Luigi. and thanks! I'm new, so I'm just glad to play whoever I can and get better and all that stuff. I remember you, I don't think we played today though.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Work johns for me. Better not have any next week or else I'm making someone take my shift.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Wish I had a job. Hopefully will find one soon. I'd really like to become a regular at WDW. Tons of fun. Always a good time. Feel like I get better every time I attend.

Webs

Smash Cadet
Wavedash Wednesday results for PM and Melee 3/19/14: #Shionisgod Edition

PM Top 4:

1. Kels
2. Oro?!
3. Rat
4. ORLY (Kels[1])
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_PM_40

Melee Top 4:
1. Kels
2. Oro?!
3. ORLY (Kels[1])
4. Scythe
Full Bracket: http://challonge.com/EXP_Melee_38

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but once again we've broken our entrants record for overall events! The stream looked great this week thanks to some venue rearrangement by Zwarm and Bobby, and its only going to get better with everyone chipping in to the Stream Quality Fund. According to sources on the Facebook group we broke 150+ viewers for the night, which is also a record. (by quite a bit if I'm not mistaken)

PM and Melee top 4 VODs should be up sooner or later at http://www.youtube.com/windycitysmash or you can watch the twitch archive at http://www.twitch.tv/windycitysmash

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I bet the Xanadu crew battle helped a good amount for us. Its worth driving out all the way there for something like that. People who watch their stream now know another stream to watch in Wednesdays.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah I felt like the atmosphere was a little different last night. It might just be the feng shui from moving all of the TVs around or something, but it's starting to feel more competitive and exciting on Wednesdays. I had a blast last night and I also felt really good with how I played. I'm really excited about our continued growth, it's very refreshing after how much Smash had staled the past few years.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Yeah I felt like the atmosphere was a little different last night. It might just be the feng shui from moving all of the TVs around or something, but it's starting to feel more competitive and exciting on Wednesdays. I had a blast last night and I also felt really good with how I played. I'm really excited about our continued growth, it's very refreshing after how much Smash had staled the past few years.
Dude the feng shui change was great. That pillar was always in the way of the stream. Now it seems to have a better set up. It seems much less claustraphobic now.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Dude the feng shui change was great. That pillar was always in the way of the stream. Now it seems to have a better set up. It seems much less claustraphobic now.
Bobby, Molly, and I spent a good amount of time figuring out a good layout for the room, I'm glad you guys like it. :)

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Bobby, Molly, and I spent a good amount of time figuring out a good layout for the room, I'm glad you guys like it. :)
And then I was there that Tuesday night just talking and not wanting to leave :D

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Lol @ Webs Webs the 'Shion is God' edition. xD

Yo boi Shion gettin' on them money matches this past WDW tho. Had like 3 or 4 takers!

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
so it looks like m2k will be here next week most likely will be at wdw as well as exposure.lets show this kid a good time while beating him in some pm.you wanna talk about boosting our popularity and getting exp even more exposure in back to back weeks.this is a perfect way to do it.and if we are the smash community that i know we are (instead of the one that was on fb a few weeks ago) then we know he will be coming back for the tourney in may and hopefully that might bring bigger names as well...*cough cough possibly mango*

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
He put up a post on FB, Norm.

Ol' boy is comin on the 26th. Thursday I believe?

Top Bottom