• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 19, 2014] Smash Weekend @ Gamers Room: Project M, Melee, Smash for 3DS (Concord, NC)

MintyFreshness

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pointtothecat
GG man. Those were some of the best matches I've had since I got the game. They were all so close except for the ones where you used Pacman. Are you sure he's not your main? Anyways, can't wait for the next tourney!
Thanks! He's probably going to be my secondary. Your Rosalina wasn't half bad, either!

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
So, what characters will people be using at the tournament for 3DS? Want to know who I should practice against.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Pretty sure I can just counterpick Sanic there, particularly with some of my custom moves.
As a side note - I'd also like to recommend Mute City as a counterpick stage. It doesn't have a main platform exactly and the floor bounces you, but the hazards are warned well in advance with the CHECK indicator and the platform movement is pretty lazy. Pac-Maze to a lesser extent, the ghosts tend to stay at the edges and there's pretty significant risk involved in going for the power pellets. For the stages mentioned in OP, I think both are pretty good counterpick candidates, Tomodachi slightly less so.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure I can just counterpick Sanic there, particularly with some of my custom moves.
As a side note - I'd also like to recommend Mute City as a counterpick stage. It doesn't have a main platform exactly and the floor bounces you, but the hazards are warned well in advance with the CHECK indicator and the platform movement is pretty lazy. Pac-Maze to a lesser extent, the ghosts tend to stay at the edges and there's pretty significant risk involved in going for the power pellets. For the stages mentioned in OP, I think both are pretty good counterpick candidates, Tomodachi slightly less so.
I do not agree :D

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
At least I'm not recommending Magicant. Though I would be if the Flying Man was less of a bro.

Chaoslink

Smash Cadet
NNID
chaosl1nk
recently got myself a job so not sure if i'm still gonna go, don't really have much of a schedule yet but I will be there if possible I plan on going link for the 3ds tournament

CoolSquare

Smash Rookie
Decided to change my tag because mintyfreshness was really long.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited:

trati

Smash Ace
any one from statesville is going if so can I ride with them I'll give u gas money or does any one no a group for car pools

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
Still on for Sunday, don't forget to bring your CRTs, first 5 people in the door with a full setup don't have to pay venue fee. Also got my new capture card, and will be using a new microphone. Also a small change for the PM stage list: Norfair will be replaced with Distant Planet.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
How will Smash 4 capturing work?

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
That was a fun event, all told. Looking forward to showing up to more, even if I did lose horribly (think i got the worst luck going up against Boss round 1 of PM, tho)

Top Bottom