• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 19, 2014] Smash Weekend @ Gamers Room: Project M, Melee, Smash for 3DS (Concord, NC)

Foo

Smash Lord
Mii fighters have customizable movesets, right? If so, they should be banned no matter what. It's unfair for you not to know what your opponent's moveset it is before a match. Also, even if the size thing isn't a balance issue, it's still a bannable offense. Every time you fought a mii fighter you'd have to get used to it's new speed, combo weight and hurtbox.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Mii fighters have customizable movesets, right? If so, they should be banned no matter what. It's unfair for you not to know what your opponent's moveset it is before a match. Also, even if the size thing isn't a balance issue, it's still a bannable offense. Every time you fought a mii fighter you'd have to get used to it's new speed, combo weight and hurtbox.
I like Sonic's modern games

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
DANG IT M2K just lost. SOOOOO Salty right now. I just want to take people who say Mango is the goat and ...................
:D

Last edited:

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
But the bigger they are the better they can Vector, and, Bowser is slow and look at him.
Mii fighters are just like any other character they have their strengths and their weaknesses. Your saying they may be like Bowser, sure but not everyone likes a heavy slow character. Maybe they want a fast character that may be light. There's pros and cons to every build of a mii fighter and personally I'm interested to see how people will use them and how opponents will adapt to them.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
I love M2K but Mango is indeed the better player.
I feel like M2K lost because he either didn't care or fell under the pressure. My vote goes for the first one. M2K doesn't really care about Melee anymore, he just wants Smash 4 to come out for the Wii U already :( I do think that M2K is the better player BTW, he just loses easily to his emotions, which is by far his greatest weakness.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
OK everyone lets get back to the reason why we are here: to talk about how HYPED we are for this tournament

EDIT: Also, for now I will stop about the Mii fighters, BUT, if the top 3 for Smash 4 are all Mii fighters I will resume where I am leaving off....

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Wait, can I show up to this or is it a continuation of an established tournament? I'm a bit unclear. This is the only upcoming tourney anywhere near me and I'd like to get my foot in the door on the Smash 4 tourney scene if possible, plus try out my Wario against actual humans.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Wait, can I show up to this or is it a continuation of an established tournament? I'm a bit unclear. This is the only upcoming tourney anywhere near me and I'd like to get my foot in the door on the Smash 4 tourney scene if possible, plus try out my Wario against actual humans.
Of course you can show up :D this is where I came to my first tournament (And got Rekt.......) At least I don't get rekt anymore though :D

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Alright, I'll see if I can manage it. It's about an hour and a half from where I am. I assume I'll bring my own controller for Project M?

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Or Classic controller.
i'm sorry

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Or Classic controller.
i'm sorry
Well at least they are not like the Wii mote which is OP

EDIT: I got the game today :D Lucina is so good. BTW will mods to the 3DS be legal? Like the GameCube controller mod for it and stuff. I personally don't have it on mine but I might possibly in the future if it is legal.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone want to play me in Smash 4? I am so tired of camping Duck Hunt Dog :( My FC is : 4081-5576-6134 and my name is Kazuto.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman

thatoneguyintheback

Smash Apprentice
You really should stop double and triple posting. And that has been known for weeks. Also, if you expect to beat people, you might not want to expose your tech.

Foo

Smash Lord
Also, if you expect to beat people, you might not want to expose your tech.
Not necessarily. If you beat somebody with something because they didn't know your character was capable of something, it's a gimmick. You aren't a good player if you only win with gimmicks. If everyone knows what your character is capable of, it's a technique. If it only works when people don't know that it's possible, it's not a viable technique except for jank mixups.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
You really should stop double and triple posting. And that has been known for weeks. Also, if you expect to beat people, you might not want to expose your tech.
I do multiple postings becuase I like to organize my thoughts, different posts for different information. Also the is the good old TLDR (Too Long Didn't Read) Also, where did you hear about Lucian Ken Comboing? Everyone in the Lucina thread was surprised by the fact that she could Ken Combo. Please send me a link. The closest thing to her having a Ken Combo before me was a video on youtube I found but it wasn't a ken combo, just a Ken String (Waited way too long to do a dair) If you send me a link and I am convinced I will delete (Or at least change) what I posted above. Also, I really don't like hiding things, I like being an open book. I tell everyone exactly what I do if they are having trouble with what I am doing so that they can get better, I like to help other players get better and not keep secrets and stuff.

thatoneguyintheback

Smash Apprentice
Was posted by chillindude on twitter three weeks ago, he even did a reverse one. Ah well, it's good you informed people.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Was posted by chillindude on twitter three weeks ago, he even did a reverse one. Ah well, it's good you informed people.
We still don't know if she can Ken Combo everyone at least, I suppose I can research that. For instance, I believe that CF may not be able to be Ken Comboed. If he can, I am having trouble doing it. Thanks man, didn't know Chillin posted it XD

EDIT: Just went to Chillin's Twitter and didn't see anything about a Ken Combo, I mean, I did see the reverse one, but not a Fair to Dair Ken Combo anywhere XD.

Last edited:

tarmon2121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tarmon2121
3DS FC
5000-2165-4045
We still don't know if she can Ken Combo everyone at least, I suppose I can research that. For instance, I believe that CF may not be able to be Ken Comboed. If he can, I am having trouble doing it. Thanks man, didn't know Chillin posted it XD

EDIT: Just went to Chillin's Twitter and didn't see anything about a Ken Combo, I mean, I did see the reverse one, but not a Fair to Dair Ken Combo anywhere XD.
I can play pretty much anytime tomorrow. My FC is 5000-2165-4045

MintyFreshness

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pointtothecat
Sorry my 3ds died on me XD Well man you got my Lucina and My Robin beat, but I am afraid that I beat you with ZSS. GG's man.
Actually, my brother was playing you. We share a 3DS. I'll have to play you another time (And reck you with Bowser Jr.)

tarmon2121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tarmon2121
3DS FC
5000-2165-4045
GG man. Those were some of the best matches I've had since I got the game. They were all so close except for the ones where you used Pacman. Are you sure he's not your main? Anyways, can't wait for the next tourney!

Top Bottom