• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obscure Characters You Wish Were In

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Oh god I forgot about Chronicle. Why did that mode exist, again?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Definitely one of the Ray models from Custom Robo, most likely Ray MKIII or Ray 01. That said, would also like to see Saki or Isa as a character. Sin & Punishment deserves some attention. And as some people previously said, Captain Syrup, Scizor, Giygas and Dark Matter's swordsman form.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
  1. Pauline
  2. Ampharos
  3. Waddle Doo
  4. Gim
  5. Bugsy
  6. Mr Bright & Mr Shine
  7. Paint Roller
  8. Meyneth
  9. Triclyde
  10. Queen from Battle Chess
:113:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Does Doomguy count as obscure? I've always kinda wanted Doomguy.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
A Hanafuda Rep(Daitoryo, Rain Man, etc.)
Lip (Puzzle League)
An Advance Wars Rep
Fawful
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It would be nice to see Goku from the Yūyūki series.

His series is one of the few Nintendo owned series that has never been acknowledged by Smash in any way.It didn't even get mentioned in Super Smash Bros Brawl's Chronicle yet Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Geist gets that honor. What the hell Nintendo? :c
I also would like to see Harry from the Video Game Teleroboxer (Virtual Boy 1995).

Unlike Yūyūki the Chronicle mentioned his series.
Lastly, I would also like to see John Raimi from the Video Game Geist (Gamecube 2005).

Of all of the games Nintendo has published, none hold the torch of obscurity quite as well as Geist. Receiving lukewarm reviews and very modest sales figures, this game flew completely under the radar. I think they could make up a very awesome move-set for him that would be very unique compared to some of the other characters.
I would also mention Pious Augustus but he isn't as obscure when compared to the aforementioned characters.
After Duck Hunt's inclusion and all these Virtual Boy teases by Nintendo lately, I think we might get that Virtual Boy rep next time and Harry is arguably the best character to choose.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
Black shadow from f-zero he could even take ganondorfs move set so that ganon could maybe get a new one.

jonikari

Smash Rookie
The soldier from Team Fortress 2. He is the most mobile character from TF2 that doesn't use mainly guns (because we can't have guns) and he could represent the pc games.
Not sure about his moves but his Up-Special would be rocket jump and for his Final smash he would throw his pickaxe, pull out a genade, say something cupcake-related then EXPLOSION!

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
Crash Bandicoot would be gnarly.
Sakurai styled on Capcom by adding Mega Man, it would be hilarious if he did the same to Sony.
Seriously, if they weren't gonna put one of the defining characters of the Playstation library in PSABR, they should've just packed up and went home.

Crash was HUGE back then. His popularity fizzled hard, but I remember his game was the killer app for the PS1 early on. Same with Spyro, the first 3 still hold up. I get that Sony might not have been able to secure the rights in time. If you can't support the damn title of your game, delay it or don't make it.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Chef Kawasaki, Maxwell, Anthony Higgs, and Goomy

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I'm not a Pokèmon fan, but after Melee, I started liking that pokèmon, and I admit that I wouldn't mind a playable Scizor, especially since he has a megaevolution now.
Even before, in the first gen, I always thought that Scyther and Kabutops (who are similar) were cool (maybe I just like praying mantises lol).
100% agree with you.

Scizor is the type of Pokemon that grows on you. At first I hated him, but then I started using him more and more often, and since then, I've never had a Pokemon game without him.

He'd be a nice changeup to the plethora of Gen-1 and Starter Pokemon! Hey, he was a Pokeball in melee and he even got a nod in the Kalos Stage in Samsh!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
A lot of these suggestions aren't obscure at all.

Anyway I'd love to see Barbara the bat in. Despite not being well known around the West, she's already been the star of three games! She's also made cameos in many other Nintendo games and has had the pleasure of being an Assist Trophy in Brawl.

Besides that she's a very distinct character. A punk rocker girl who wields a guitar would make an awesomely cool fighter. I always saw her as the best representative for a musical fighter. Even more so than anyone from Rhythm Heaven.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I've wanted Doopliss since I was 13, but he seems like a stretch.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I have two of them - Glover from Glover 64, and Iggy from Iggy's Reckin' Balls. Good old obscure Nintendo 64 characters, long forgotten to history.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I'm responding to this thread in the vein that these are characters I'm sure don't have a chance, since they may not be obscure.

- Banjo and Kazooie
They're not that obscure, but they're owned by Rare, and I just don't see a 3rd-party deal happening here. I was a big fan of them growing up, so these two would definitely be my dream character (/dream team?) for Smash if ever they got in, though.

- Pokémon Trainer
Any character in the series that fits this bill is fine with me, though I'd like to see one of the player characters again (so one could switch between a male and female Trainer next time). Since he got removed post-Brawl, I really can't imagine this happening again. Trainers aren't exactly obscure, but they seem less iconic to a lot of people in general than Pokémon.

- The Announcer
This is just for the lols.

...Hmm. I have another one.

- Henry (Fire Emblem Awakening)
This guy was hilarious in Awakening, in my opinion. I think we could maybe use a Fire Emblem character that doesn't act so serious all the time, despite the fact I like to use Ike and Robin. Given Henry's probably pretty obscure among a lot of people, and he's really just a side character in Awakening, I definitely see nothing better than a trophy for him, though that'd still be kind of cool, I think.

I'm not sure who counts as obscure anymore after the fanbase tore through every existing Nintendo property during pre-SSB4 speculation... but...

The Virus trio from Dr. Mario are radicool, and I wish they'd step to the battlefield in some way. Ideally, the red, yellow and blue ones, rather than the lackluster ones from Dr. Luigi. I only call them obscure because I haven't seen them seriously suggested for Smash Bros. before.

I would take the "Virus Gang" as a new Mario-verse fighter before Daisy, Waluigi or Paper Mario, but Assist Trophy or stage obstacles might be better roles.

Last edited:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I wish Petey Piranha, Jeff from Earthbound, All 3 Pikmin 3 leaders in an IC fashion, Poochy from YI and Mr. Stevenson from Gumshoe where playable.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Pious Augustus.

Easily among the most sinister and unforgiving villains under the Nintendo banner. It's very unfortunate he's been consigned to the depths of obscurity.

I mean he's a blooming undead roman centurion skeleton warlock with access to a book of the damned that can summon zombies. If that's not enough to make you throw your hands up in the air at how unfair the gaming world is I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk. Smash could use a detective-esque character.

Ashley Mizuki Robbins from Another Code R. A Teenage girl who would use her memories to fight. She would be interesting in battle.

These are the Nintendo characters that I find obscure.

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Mike Jones (Startropics)
Mia (Fire Emblem)
Lip (Panel de Pon)

Top Bottom