• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obscure Characters You Wish Were In

Azew

Smash Lord
This thread is for those characters that you really want in, but you know don't have a chance.
For me that would be Team Rocket, or more specifficly, Jesse, James and Meowth. I imagine them all as one big character, but not like Ice Climbers.

Neutral special: Jesse pulls out a rocket launcher. It works like Snake's rocket launcher.

Down special: James pulls out a massive mallet and hits the ground around him.

Side special: Meowth throws out several coins. Charges like greninja's neutral special, but becomes a bag of coins that explode when fully charged.

Up special: When in air Wobbuffet pops out of its pokeball and bounces them up, works like Megaman's up special. When on ground Wobbuffet pops out in front of them and works like a reflector.

Pnppl Pnch

Smash Rookie
Twinrova!

Would be cool to have a duo character with the fire/ice mechanic.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Ever since the pre-brawl days, I have always wanted Katia or Tara from the Lost Kingdoms series in Smash, though I knew their inclusions were but a dream. In mine opinion, they would be very unique in that they would be the first fighters in Smash to feature a card-based moveset. If Katia and Tara did get in, I could see them being alternate costumes of eachother--similar to Alph and Olimar. Which, once again, I know is impossible.

Last edited:

WieldyMinotaur

Smash Cadet
Palpitioad from Pokemon. Heres a moveset:

Neutral B: Echoed Voice: Palpitoad fires a wave of sound that bounces over the same plase for some seconds, damaging everyone in the area it is in, if it hits you.

Side B: Mud Bomb: One powerful Mud Shot with high damage and high knockback. Quite slow though.

Up B: Muddy Water: Water filled with mud appeares under Palpitoad and lifts him to the air. Everyone who touches the water takes damage.

Down B: Aqua Ring: Palpitoad brings a circle of water around him which heals him. The circle lasts for 1.5 seconds and if Palpitoad is hit when its active, he takes extra damage and Aqua Ring is interrupted.

or

Down B: After You: Used like a counter. When Palpitoad is hit by a move and you use After You Palpitoad will take the full damage (but not the knockback) but return double damage (and knockback) to the enemy. Works on both ranged and melee attacks. If its a melee then After You becomes a Melee. If its ranged, After You becomes ranged.

Final Smash: Earth Power: Palpitoad causes Eruptions from the ground which appear from random and sends you up in the air, dealing good damage and knockback.

TeamEvil

Smash Rookie
Ever since 64 I wanted Banjo and Kazooie together kind of like Dunk Hunt. But those chances aren't likely. So then I wanted The Skull Kid (I thought his final smash could be crashing the moon into the stage) and Bomberman.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean obscure as in someone like Zip or just an obscure choice? 'Cause I always thought Hawlucha should be in, but of course, there's a far more popular Pokemon who's already DLC. So I can understand that. But I think Captain Toad should be DLC. I don't see his name thrown around too often. I know people would say "oh boy ANOTHER Mario character," but he has a legitimate reason to be included. He has his own game, which is kind of a big deal. It'd be perfect promotion for it. I know he can't jump, but I feel like that could be an interesting gimmick. However, if none of these are an option, I'd say include Giga Bowser. Just scale him down.

Azew

Smash Lord
Another intresting idea I would love is The Sandbag from this series. I imagine that instead of walking he would just slowly hop around, being the slowest walking speed in the game, and when he sprints he has trips after running half of final destination. When he jumps he only goes up about 9/10 of his height. I don't know about most of his specials, but his down special will summon a baseball bat. Since he's so terrible everywhere else, his moves have more knockback and damage than any other character, but with a 1/3 chance of tripping. His smash attacks will have 1/9 chance of tripping. It will be the most hated character in the game, and I will love him...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendoji

Great potential hanafuda rep. But a trophy is more than I was expecting, so I'm satisfied. :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Muddy Mole, hands down.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Old Door

I strongly supported her in the brawl days, in the naive belief that she had a chance. I'd still love to see her but she'll be lucky if she gets a regular trophy at this point.

Anyone else share my obscure desire or am I alone?

Last edited:

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Cream and Cheese. You'd have to play Sonic Battle to get an idea of what I'm thinking, but I can see her as a puppeteer character. Unlike Rosalina, however, Cream doesn't directly damage players- Cheese does. Cream makes motions and points in a direction and Cheese attacks in that direction. You can fire him out like Rosalina but he immediately returns to Cream so you can't set up areas to corner enemies. Cheese also can't be dealt damage so he can't be KOed separately. I have her moveset all set up and everything:

B neutral- Cheese spins around Cream for a bit, creating a tornado like Metaknight's b neutral. Cream can't move while like this, but the move does give some vertical lift if used in the air. Enemies hit by this are hit three times before being thrown out. This move can destroy some projectiles.

B side- launches Cheese out depending on how long you hold the button down. Cheese dashes forward then immediately returns to Cream.

B down- Cream covers her head while Cheese rushes out in front of her. It's a counter move- if Cheese is hit with an attack, Cream takes no damage and Cheese knocks the enemy back for 1.5x damage they would've dealt Cream.

B up- Cream grabs Cheese and leaps into the air. It's a very high jump but deals no damage.

Final Smash- she calls up Chaos to fight along side her. Chaos is very, very slow but hits like a truck and has incredible reach. All of his moves count as smashes. Chaos cannot be knocked off or KOed in any method, but he vanishes after 30 seconds.

Cream can jump four times, in which she flaps her ears. She's lightweight and small (about the size of Villager). Her movement speed is comparable to Megaman.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Kumatora from Mother 3.

Also Captain Syrup from Wario Land.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Pious from Eternal Darkness
not sure if Sami fro advance wars counts as an obscure character,but if so then her too.
Also Joh Raimi from Geist,but would be OK if he's an assist trophy,Geist music(mainly fighting force) gets into smash bros Wii U, and/or he's a trophy.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Garbodor. Waluigi. Everyone in my signature.
Oh, and Doomguy.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
CommanderVideo from BIT.TRIP. At least he got a trophy, which is way more than I expected.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Duster from Mother 3. Why? 'Cause he's a bad*** with a limp and no, Wolf's fake limp doesn't count. We have tons of types of characters in SSB: swordsmen, regular people, robots, superhumans, animals, tag-teams, retro characters, and obscure characters, but we are lacking a disabled fighter and Duster would be a great addition to show that nothing can stop people as long as they try.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lip from Panel de Pon is probably the most obscure character I'd want to see. I love Panel de Pon and I'd like to see more representation in Smash Bros., and I really like the fairies as well. Just a shame Nintendo refuses to localize the fairies... :p

There's another character who I think could turn out well. She's not technically obscure, but I've only ever seen one person ever mention her, everyone else always flocks to other characters from the franchise. Plus, she never, ever fights in the game she appears in, but, well, neither do a lot of characters, including Sheik from the same game...
I honestly believe Saria from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time could be an interesting nature-based character...

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Ninten from Mother 1. That is the only Mother game that doesn't have a playable character from. And before anyone says anything, yes they can differentiate him from Ness. Though I would rather have Lucas, I'd really like Ninten too.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Samurai Goroh. I guess he's semi obscure; kept alive because of his Smash AT, but like most of F-Zero outside of Falcon, relatively obscure.
Prior to Smash's release I might of counted Ludwig Von Koopa as an obscure Mario pick but he surprisingly got in. :4ludwig:

Vaati. Seemingly becoming obscure due to a lack of appearing in Hyrule Warriors and a lack of people who have played Minish Cap and Four Swords (Adventures).

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Another intresting idea I would love is The Sandbag from this series. I imagine that instead of walking he would just slowly hop around, being the slowest walking speed in the game, and when he sprints he has trips after running half of final destination. When he jumps he only goes up about 9/10 of his height. I don't know about most of his specials, but his down special will summon a baseball bat. Since he's so terrible everywhere else, his moves have more knockback and damage than any other character, but with a 1/3 chance of tripping. His smash attacks will have 1/9 chance of tripping. It will be the most hated character in the game, and I will love him...
Surely now my most anticipated character for Smash 5. Guaranteed main.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Sukapon, by a mile. He pretty much already is a Smash Bros character, with the way his special attacks are performed, and he'd easily fill the uniqueness quota. It's a pity that he's as obscure as he is. I'll be delighted if he gets so much as a trophy in the Wii U version.

Aside from that I'd love to see Prince of Sable as a playable character because I love his game so much, but with the transformation mechanic gone I'd have concerns about how well he can be represented.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Maxwell from Scribblenauts. No idea what his moveset would be, but I feel like it could be cool.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Plasm Wraith. He would be more unique than another captain and would represent the creature side of Pikmin.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendoji

Great potential hanafuda rep. But a trophy is more than I was expecting, so I'm satisfied. :)
IMO, Nintendoji would be a better choice compared to that Napoleon Hanafuda card. At least Nintendoji has a Smash-appropriate body build.

Also, he can replace Roy as the token ginger. :troll:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Almost forgot, aside from Kumatora and Captain Syrup, I'd also like Shantae (Shantae games) and Patricia Wagon (Mighty Switch Force games).

Last edited:
Top Bottom