• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that we've seen some gameplay...

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I wish I could say yes but Sakurai is known to skew things in his "hype" videos.
maybe but i still think they will bring them closer otherwise only hard hitting characters will really have a chance which does seem like a big over site

Even if the demo is from before April Sakurai was stated as balancing the game in January...

The gameplay was more than likely almost finished by the time they made the demo.

You can't just completely ignore a demo just because the phrase "it isn't finished yet" gives you a glimmer of hope for a totally revamped game. The whole gameplay isn't going to change from a few months.

Multiple air dodges, weaker shields, punishable dodges, no ledge hogging, floaty characters, quicker fast falling, ending lag on aerials, dying at high percents, and Wii-fit trainer are all here to stay. Sorry to burst your bubble :awesome:

For the most part the only things that will change are some items, a little bit of balancing, and bug fixes. And of course adding all the extra modes.
I completely agree with this. I don't know how huge of a change people are expecting, but people are in serious denial, that or they are very gullible.

Either way, we'll see.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I completely agree with this. I don't know how huge of a change people are expecting, but people are in serious denial, that or they are very gullible.

Either way, we'll see.
its more the fact ive seen game change pretty drastically in 6 or 7 months, not always for the better but ive seen it coughalienscough

pickle962

Smash Lord

Either way, we'll see.
we aren't expecting anything drastic like the wii fit trainer being cut mind you, just less landing lag, closer blastzones, and more combos for starters

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
we aren't expecting anything drastic like the wii fit trainer being cut mind you, just less landing lag, closer blastzones, and more combos for starters
That seems pretty drastic to me. more combos. Less landing lag. That takes a lot of time to balance with around 50 characters. Its kinda like telling Sakurai to start over. kinda.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
That seems pretty drastic to me. more combos. Less landing lag. That takes a lot of time to balance with around 50 characters. Its kinda like telling Sakurai to start over. kinda.
im pretty sure the landing lag is going to be part of the balance in this game. With quicker characters having less over all while heavies having more due to power output. and some characters already have combos so i think we just need to put more time in to find them once the games out

Azule07

Smash Cadet
To be quite frank, I think the players are the ones at fault, not the designers. You can't go into Melee expecting Smash 64.2. You can't go into Brawl expecting Melee.2. And you can't go into Smash 4 expecting Brawl.2. Each and every game is different and unique, plays a different way and function a different way. Whilst I fully respect the Melee and Project M players for having their own opinion, I personally think that they're unhealthy in a game that's still trying to develop. When the metagame is being established, it doesn't want to be held back by the fact that it should have unlimited combo options, be able to punish every single person for shielding, should be able to chain-grab into a kill and that Meta Knight should win almost every match.

It's an entirely new and different game, and to be frank, Melee players have already gotten more than most people would, as they've HAD Melee.2 through Project M. Fans of other fighting games just don't get that treatment. It's a "suck it up and live with it" approach more often than not.

This isn't me going out my way to bash Melee or not, this is just me saying that everything changes and evolves, and the audience should change and evolve along with it, or just accept that what they want already exists.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
im pretty sure the landing lag is going to be part of the balance in this game. With quicker characters having less over all while heavies having more due to power output. and some characters already have combos so i think we just need to put more time in to find them once the games out
Yup. Thats right. Landing lag is a part of balancing. But what people seem to be asking for is lower lag across the board. That's what I doubt will happen. Some moves will increase in lag as a result of balancing. A lot of people think that just because the game is a demo all of their issues with it will be addressed by the time of release. Some of their issues are just how the game is balanced and going to be made. You're right about combos too. There will be plenty in this game. Not as many as Melee but even if the demo was the full game there are more combos than Brawl :awesome: Some characters could have a lot of combos too. Characters that weren't even present in the demo.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Yup. Thats right. Landing lag is a part of balancing. But what people seem to be asking for is lower lag across the board. That's what I doubt will happen. Some moves will increase in lag as a result of balancing. A lot of people think that just because the game is a demo all of their issues with it will be addressed by the time of release. Some of their issues are just how the game is balanced and going to be made. You're right about combos too. There will be plenty in this game. Not as many as Melee but even if the demo was the full game there are more combos than Brawl :awesome: Some characters could have a lot of combos too. Characters that weren't even present in the demo.
i think the lag is fine for the most part for now, the main concern i guess is if the faster characters end up with too much in the final game and it makes it too hard for them to perform against the heavies

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
It looks and plays the same as Melee and Brawl (and subsequently, SSB64). It's Smash Bros.

Speed-wise, feels like it sits between.

Best part? Lady Palutena is in it.

That is all that needs to be said and done.

Mensrea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mensrea
To be quite frank, I think the players are the ones at fault, not the designers. You can't go into Melee expecting Smash 64.2. You can't go into Brawl expecting Melee.2. And you can't go into Smash 4 expecting Brawl.2. Each and every game is different and unique, plays a different way and function a different way. Whilst I fully respect the Melee and Project M players for having their own opinion, I personally think that they're unhealthy in a game that's still trying to develop. When the metagame is being established, it doesn't want to be held back by the fact that it should have unlimited combo options, be able to punish every single person for shielding, should be able to chain-grab into a kill and that Meta Knight should win almost every match.

It's an entirely new and different game, and to be frank, Melee players have already gotten more than most people would, as they've HAD Melee.2 through Project M. Fans of other fighting games just don't get that treatment. It's a "suck it up and live with it" approach more often than not.

This isn't me going out my way to bash Melee or not, this is just me saying that everything changes and evolves, and the audience should change and evolve along with it, or just accept that what they want already exists.

That's all fine and good, and I wasn't expecting Melee 2, but from what we've seen: this is Brawl 2. It has all the same mechanics, same speed, same defensive based game. I would love something at least new, this doesn't look like that.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
That's all fine and good, and I wasn't expecting Melee 2, but from what we've seen: this is Brawl 2. It has all the same mechanics, same speed, same defensive based game. I would love something at least new, this doesn't look like that.
then all the people who says its not brawl 2 after playing it are wrong i guess.

Top Bottom