• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Now, Let's try it Together: Wii Fit Trainer's Matchup Thread (Trying a New System & Owner Soon)

⑨ball

Smash Ace
@ Macchiato Macchiato I don't think it's that bad actually. Maybe -1 / 45/55 Sonic, but his tools aren't really as powerful against WFT as it is against some other characters. Not to mention she builds damage just as well.

I do see some labbing in the future for us however as it seems pretty pivotal that we be able to punish him much harder for offstage play in the form of the ledge vulnerability. It'll be good to learn overall, but Sonic having invincibility on his recovery during the first couple frames is pretty annoying.

For me at least, I see the biggest turning point in the MU for WFT being able to deal with Sonic's mixup game between dash attack, dash grab, and spin dash. SS zoning can put a nice funnel on the first two, but whiffs the third option which can work really nicely as bait in a similar vein as SS. I think it'll come down to just improving my (our) reactions as Sonic can't go directly into Spin Dash or Charge. Charge needs at least a double tap of neutral B allowing time for a charge, or proper reaction, and Dash has a small [invincible btw] hop before speeding away.

With that out of the way, WFT pretty much has the rest in the bag to make it even at least and control the pace of the match.

@Kikaioh You heard right. All of Sonic's aerials have a hefty amount of landing lag. It's just that they also autocancel from heights Sonic wants to use them at. If your timing and spacing is solid, really anytime is a good time to attack Sonic. His aerials can't really compete with WFT's anti air game and she can out space him without too much effort on her part thanks to projectiles-- forcing an upclose game where her fast start up and ability to crossup on pretty much anything can hurt Sonic pretty bad. It's just that he can be really hard to space against because of his speed.

Overall, I still feel like I've got to learn a lot more before I can fairly call the MU or give any real advice. Hopefully we can get some more good input in here that'll help us all along. Either that or customs become legal for the +1 in our favor. Weighted Header absolutely wrecks Sonic.

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure we lose this. Sonic can easily get in on Wii Fit and he has much better hitboxes for hitting us (like almost every other character). The main issue though is his speed. WFT is fast but.. Sonic is on a completely different level. I feel like he can weave in and out much better than us. As far as I know we don't have anything that can break any of his combos correct me if I'm wrong though. Due to his speed I feel like it will also be a lot harder to punish him.

We CAN out camp him but I really don't know how useful camping is in this matchup..

I can see this being 40-60 or maybe lower.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I just throw out Nairs or SS during the spin dash attacks, and then out space him when he isn't spin dashing. The only thing I can't reliably punish is a shielded Homing attack, although I can usually punish a missed one.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I just throw out Nairs or SS during the spin dash attacks, and then out space him when he isn't spin dashing. The only thing I can't reliably punish is a shielded Homing attack, although I can usually punish a missed one.
Try spot dodging. Homing attack works similar to monkey flip, bouncing fish and flip jump in this regard. Similarly you can also charge fsmash against all of these. The key to anti airing with it is hitting with the back hitbox, which can be difficult unpracticed as she lunges forward slightly.

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
Hey knowledgeable folks, I'd like to revisit the Sheik matchup a bit.

I've played quite a lot of WFT lately, and feel that I'm starting to get a good grasp of her abilities. However, I have a friend who plays a very mean Sheik, zoning/aggressive/punishing, and I really can't see what would make us have a 50-50 matchup against that character. :S I'm hoping it's just me doing stuff wrong, but I feel beat at most areas where I usually dominate the game.

Off-stage: I don't see how we threaten Sheik here. With her monstrous recovery, the only gimp that can actually score a kill is from actually blast-zoning. I've had my friend recover from a stage-spike down into the magnifying glass in the bottom corner. On the other hand, walling -us- out is very easy. Granted, I can spend enough time airborne to force Sheik back to the ledge if we're off simultaneously, but with the hoops being so predictable and Sheik's aerials beating it out (back air especially), it leaves me very gimpable. Vanish beats out almost anything I can do to threaten Sheik even if I play around Bouncing Fish, and has an absurdly easy time killing me off-stage. Speaking of Vanish, it also gives Sheik really nice mix-ups for edge camping me - she has so many options to punish me getting back it always feels like a gamble. In addition to this, run-off fast-fall bair is such a quick option that if I do the tiniest bit of slip-up off-stage, I'm dead.

On-stage: If Sheik ever goes into defensive/camping mode, I win. But a Sheik playing aggressively but carefully is super hard. Her tilts and fair makes approaching hard (nair gets beat by most stuff), and since Sheik is such a speedy character with so little lag, I feel extremely punishable when trying to get a hit in with anything that isn't the 1-2 jab or one of our tilts. Every smash attack I manage to land is from a hard read, and with me having a hard time gimping off-stage this makes it very hard to kill Sheik even tho we theoretically have higher killing power. Well-spaced F-tilt from Sheik is safe on shield, and has no lag to punish. fast-fall aerials lead seamlessly into ground attacks, so it's pretty hard to stuff her approach game too.

I'm not claiming it's an unwinable matchup at all - I can build damage pretty well with our lagless attacks and some good reads, but from what I've experienced, I have to get some really good hard reads/mindgames in to kill Sheik, while she just combos me back with no regrets, and has a much easier time gimping off-stage. I've read the writeups here for the matchup, but I just can't see the advantages listed when actually playing the matchup. Help? ;o

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Nothing too significant has changed for WFT or Sheik outside of customs since we last looked at the MU and even the huge buff 1.04 gave us of in the form of SH weighted header autocanceling(as a trade off for reverse fair shield stabbing =__=) doesn't change the MU dramatically. Sheik is still the character with the undisputed best neutral in the game, with a plethora of options in every situation, an issue in killing at high level play, sitting pretty as a contender for top tier.

WFT is still the character slept on the most by the community, with an immense number of mobility control options, that relies on precision and hit/hurt bubble knowledge, having a great MUs across the board and a formidable amount of power, speed, damage racking, offstage presence, ledge play and space control despite tier placements and popular myths.

From the last time we covered her, Sheik's meta hasn't grown much. She's still very much about using her great normals and aerials for racking up damage, putting on pressure and landing that oh so needed kill move. Things such as SHFFL fair>bouncing fish is a thing now, as is air needles>BF thanks to IASA frame exploration. She's also got a semi-sorta chaingrab now using the multihit dragging properties of Uair, but other than that the gameplan is still pretty much the same.

WFT's neutral has improved quite a bit with the addition of run turnaround cancel functioning as a fantastic alternative to dash dancing, ledge play is better with instant ledge hop, edge guarding is stronger than ever with footstool buffering and ledge vulnerability implementation, and approach is just a smidgen better with Bair Dragging.

However, overall both character still play the same with the same goals in mind and the same strengths/weaknesses taking forefront of the match.

Offstage, Sheik's recovery relies on the same things everyone else's recovery depends on: That players are either unknowing or unwilling to challenge it and that if they do and they are, that they don't get read. To gimp any competent player you need to be able to do two things-- Force them to use their addition jump(s) and or put them a far enough distance from the stage that their recovery(the part that goes into free fall) can not reach the ledge. Recovering from the magnifying glass anywhere with your jump is nothing spectacular. WFT can do the same going farther horizontally and vertically than Sheik. The catch here is that unlike characters with SS tier recovery(like Villager or high aura Lucario) most characters rely on their second jump heavily to assist their recovery. If you want to gimp Sheik you absolutely must take her second jump. There is no getting around it. Like WFT she has a special which functions as a third jump in BF, it will give her all the horizontal distance she needs every time; letting dj and vanish do whatever else is needed.

As for being walled out, offstage Sheik can't SHFFL and her aerials don't come out nearly as fast consecutively as they need to for that term to be used accurately. They still come out fast, and things like nair and bair are active for a decent amount of frames, but she still has to deal with recovering from them without the ground to cancel her aerial out. It's also always going to be a huge gamble jumping at WFT as she attempts to recover as she has DownB to throw off timings and aim, two projectiles to ward off overzealous approaches or turn her around for easy access to her frame 5, hurtbox altering, decent damage kill move: bair , and of course the reasonably controllable spike on header which conveniently functions as her third jump and as mentioned a projectile. It should be your go to option against edgeguard attempts and is the only move in your arsenal that can gimp Sheik with her second jump if it doesn't outright kill her. Don't be afraid to challenge long reaching hitboxes with your own comparably tiny ones. WFT specializes in packing immense power into small spaces. Even UpB for all it leaves to be desired offensively is decent as at higher percentages it's a good stage spike, and due to the way the hoops work, you can angle hits to knock opponents behind you or away from you by tilting toward the direction you want to send them.

Otherwise you're in the same position as her. Try to retain your jump, and try not to get read. Keep in mind that Sheik's dair is probably her worst move and is certainly no option off stage,so if you keep your jump and recover low you have the option to use rising uair, nair, or fair, all of which have hitboxes in places Sheik's fantastic aerials simply can not compete with. This is also good to remember when counterpicking stages, as on walled stages, you can use header and knock it upwards on the rebound using the same aerials. Vanish is a great option for landing a sneaky edgeguard/kill but is also a fairly telegraphed one. It won't catch you if you keep your head about you and react to what you see not what you expect. Don't worry about having to airdodge sometimes and falling low beyond the stage. Even without her second jump WFT can make it back from the magnifying glass if she is near the ledge horizontally, and a small boost from sideB always helps.

Ledge camping with any character suffers from the same weaknesses. Be patient, keep the mechanics in mind relative to your options and punish hard when you get the chance. Run off bair is pretty good, we should know as we have our own with Sheik's being just a frame faster and having longer semi-sex kick properties. It does however suffer against preparedness as unless you mean RAR bair)which is fairly slow and telegraphed in comparison), it can be teched, which in this game means it can be punished due to how fast characters recover from techs. You can challenge it with header for preemptive or after tech use but either way you just have to be ready for it. If it does catch you, remember to sideB ASAP to cancel momentum and give yourself a boost before you attempt to recover.

What you said didn't make any sense. If Sheik is being aggressive, why are you trying to approach? If Sheik is being defensive and has the lead you have to approach which is where her walling players out wih fairs, ftilts, and nairs can be difficult which is where you start to zone or approach. If you have the lead, or for some other reason Sheik is approaching you, there's no need for you to play into her game. Just hold your ground in either SS charging, crouching. or RTAC. Sheik can't do anything to SS charging that you can't react to, she can't grab you crouching, dash attack will whiff from certain ranges and is a really subpar option for her besides as a burst punish, SH aerials will all whiff or be forced to be used later than normal letting you punish OoS or with any antiair option, which can be extremely dangerous for Sheik as sweet spotted Usmash will kill her around 85% with no rage. Her approach game is not hard to stuff for WFT in the slightest and has her sacrifice the safety players are accustomed to for reads and gambles.

Smash attacks in general are always going to be hard reads regardless of the character. WFT is no exception to this and in fact should think of it as a rule rather than a guideline, seeing as her recovery on smashes is very heavy. If you want to play it safe, only use her guaranteed combos into smashes for kills (reverse fair>fsmash/dsmash, SHFF soft nair>Usmash).

While WFT certainly has a strong offstage game, her onstage edgeguarding is strong too. You don't always have to chase Sheik offstage. Feel free to toss an uncharged SS out just because you can, take a free charge of DB or SS, try to nail her with a header trick shot while you wait for her to come back. Just be ready for when she gets close to the edge. Be ready to ledge trump, as bair is one of WFT's strongest kill moves. Cover the ledge options with header traps or footstool buffering. Make her regret using teleport at all by mastering the ledge vulnerability. You have tons of option here, all much less risky than going offstage with a reasonable trade off of reward.

I don't ever want to downplay how good Sheik can be in the hands of a good player. She is what Brawl MK would have been if the game was designed with competition in mind. While most contenders for top tier have been fluctuating in opinion, Sheik has always sat solidly in the the top 5, and I believe the reason for that is that she doesn't depend on anything absurd or nerfable to be good. She just has a completely solid kit that let's players play her the way they want to. I talk a lot about how flexible WFT is in playstyles, but Sheik is truly the MVP in openness. She has options for almost any situation and a good player will be able to see those and use them proficiently. However, it's also because she doesn't have anything ridiculous that she has so many characters that can challenge her despite our understanding of how good she is. Sheik lets players shine and it's something we have to respect, even if it means admitting that a player is better than us.

WFT has the options to win, but you have to know what they are to use them right in the MU. I'm still convinced it's 50/50 here, but I'm open to changing my mind at any time if someone has some input on her options that I missed.

Edit: If you aren't familiar with any terms or techniques mentioned, be sure to check the WFT Index it's got everything relating to WFT I can keep up with listed in the first post. It's also the hub for the FAQ if you need to know anything that isn't listed there we can help you with.

Last edited:

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
9ball - You rock. Thanks! I'll study the great advice you've given and try to incorporate it into my game. This will be a very short reply to a very long writeup, but that's because everything you write makes a lot of sense, so I don't see any reason to comment with anything else than "cool, I'll try that". I'm still very new to competitive Smash, and so I definitely see this as a player issue more than a matchup issue. If my post came across as "WFT has a bad matchup against Sheik", that wasn't intented. More like, "my WFT has a bad matchup against Sheik". ;)

-Edit- What I meant with the on-stage game is that he plays a good zoning game - He is good at playing at a pace/distance where he isn't actually rushing me down relentlessly, but doesn't give me enough space to use my own keep-away game.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
No problem. Your post came across as intended so no worries. I don't think it's ever a bad idea to reanalyze a matchup as we learn more about the game so I just went in depth with my response so that anyone interested could take a look.

Ahhhh, that makes more sense and is indeed much harder to deal with than strictly aggression or defensive play. Most things still apply however Sheik is playing, but need an awareness of what's safe to use from where. You'll get it, just take what you learn about Sheik, WFT and your opponent piece by piece. Good luck beating your friend!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If uncharged Sun Ball actually hit Sonic in spinning ball mode I would be really happy as WFT against him.

Partially charged ball hitting him is alright I guess. So close haha.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
If uncharged Sun Ball actually hit Sonic in spinning ball mode I would be really happy as WFT against him.

Partially charged ball hitting him is alright I guess. So close haha.
Same. This MU gets infinitely easier with customs. Like, bad MU for Sonic easier.

I just want one solid option I can use against spin dash and normal dash mixup. If I can find what option that is I can call it +1 Sonic, but it's not looking good so far. It'd be neat if we had something like Kirby's jab that can be spammed, but all of our good options rely on reaction time.

This might not be such a bad thing as I'm learning some interesting things(like WFT's grab has a hitbox high enough to grab Sonic out of it lol), but I just want something more consistently solid so bad.

Niala

Smash Ace
Small thing I noted on FG today, Sonic feels really ineffective against us from above, because UAir and USmash beat literally all of his options. USmash takes care of trying to land with Spin Dash or Dair, and absolutely destroys Homing Attack (like it's disgusting how effective it is) and UAir from below covers all of his other aerials really effectively. The only thing about chasing with UAir is, if he airdodges the hitbox correctly, if leaves us open for a Nair/Fair punish.

Also don't land with an airdodge ever in this MU, you will get FSmashed.

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I remember watching this tournament video where a Dark Pit player consistently grabbed Sonic out of his spin dash, and actually won because of it. I can't remember the players' names, but I'll look for the video.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
@ Fancykong Fancykong - I think that was Nairo vs. 6WX at Collision X. I'm not sure though; haven't watched that tournament since the videos were uploaded. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvNDYi-PHHw

@Everyone (mostly @ ⑨ball ⑨ball ) - Hi. I know this is awkward, because before Smash Bros. 4 came out, I was one of the WFT detractors who was surprised she made it on the roster. After seeing how successful Wii Fit was (is) though, I appreciated the WFT enough to try her (him; I use the male one) out, and I'm overall pleased with the way she plays. I know this should be in the social or introductory thread, but I'm about to wrap this up. I had three newcomers I looked at co-maining in this game: Pac-Man, Dark Pit, and Wii Fit Trainer, and out of all of them, my strongest results are with the WFT. F-tilt is such an amazing move and it's so fun to pivot with that and f-smash. WFT also has a bunch of wonky ATs covering my main character's (R.O.B.) weaknesses, namely movement and getting back on the stage.

That said, if Sonic is done, I'd like to discuss the King of Second Bananas: Luigi. He's the only character really giving me a lot of trouble. Luigi has one of the best combo games, with all of his aerials being able to conclude his d-throw follow-ups. WFT doesn't have any way of escaping them once he gets grabbed, and trying to keep Luigi away seems more difficult than it should be, and even though WFT's anti-air game is amazing, I always find myself stricken by n-airs and f-airs from Luigi as he lands. I've tried SS spam but the startup is pretty significant, and if it's not fully charged the sun balls get negated by Luigi's own projectile. Jab and f-tilt help with Luigi's cross-ups in close quarters but his bad traction lets him escape and practically reset neutral (f-tilt doesn't activate Luigi's traction, but at lower percents he can still abscond). I also have trouble dealing with pressure from Fireballs and getting grabs. Are header and b-air useful in this MU (I find myself not using those moves enough)? Please help.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
@ Fancykong Fancykong - I think that was Nairo vs. 6WX at Collision X. I'm not sure though; haven't watched that tournament since the videos were uploaded. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvNDYi-PHHw

@Everyone (mostly @ ⑨ball ⑨ball ) - Hi. I know this is awkward, because before Smash Bros. 4 came out, I was one of the WFT detractors who was surprised she made it on the roster. After seeing how successful Wii Fit was (is) though, I appreciated the WFT enough to try her (him; I use the male one) out, and I'm overall pleased with the way she plays. I know this should be in the social or introductory thread, but I'm about to wrap this up. I had three newcomers I looked at co-maining in this game: Pac-Man, Dark Pit, and Wii Fit Trainer, and out of all of them, my strongest results are with the WFT. F-tilt is such an amazing move and it's so fun to pivot with that and f-smash. WFT also has a bunch of wonky ATs covering my main character's (R.O.B.) weaknesses, namely movement and getting back on the stage.

That said, if Sonic is done, I'd like to discuss the King of Second Bananas: Luigi. He's the only character really giving me a lot of trouble. Luigi has one of the best combo games, with all of his aerials being able to conclude his d-throw follow-ups. WFT doesn't have any way of escaping them once he gets grabbed, and trying to keep Luigi away seems more difficult than it should be, and even though WFT's anti-air game is amazing, I always find myself stricken by n-airs and f-airs from Luigi as he lands. I've tried SS spam but the startup is pretty significant, and if it's not fully charged the sun balls get negated by Luigi's own projectile. Jab and f-tilt help with Luigi's cross-ups in close quarters but his bad traction lets him escape and practically reset neutral (f-tilt doesn't activate Luigi's traction, but at lower percents he can still abscond). I also have trouble dealing with pressure from Fireballs and getting grabs. Are header and b-air useful in this MU (I find myself not using those moves enough)? Please help.
HOLY CRAP i cannot believe my luck.. i check on today to see this matchup thread and I JUST LOST TO a LUIGI...this is perfect.

that dthrow combo into everything pissed me off, lost dthrow, up b combo...and is it me or can Luigi rack up damage like absurdly quick...I swear I went 0 to 60 in like 5 seconds, it just doesnt seem fair...and WFT has a fairly high damage output herself.

Last edited:

GoddessBracelet20

Smash Rookie
As far as the sonic matchup goes, i have found zoning him with SS while trying to stay midscreen has kept me successful.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Small thing I noted on FG today, Sonic feels really ineffective against us from above, because UAir and USmash beat literally all of his options. USmash takes care of trying to land with Spin Dash or Dair, and absolutely destroys Homing Attack (like it's disgusting how effective it is) and UAir from below covers all of his other aerials really effectively. The only thing about chasing with UAir is, if he airdodges the hitbox correctly, if leaves us open for a Nair/Fair punish.

Also don't land with an airdodge ever in this MU, you will get FSmashed.
I don't think anyone's really effective against WFT from above,it's always a gamble between invincibility, high priority and shield. Also SH uair is a really good anti air option since it auto cancels and combos into itself. Sonic in particular definitely has it rougher than some others as far as aerials go since he has an inordinate amount of recovery on his aerials if he doesn't autocancel for a high tier.

Fsmash also works against homing attack and is a decent landing trap in general if you aim for hitting with the hitbox on the back.

Still haven't found anything concrete for the MU but between RTAC and Nixul's jump version, we've got some pretty strong options for dealing with the neutral. We're close to a breakthrough guys, I can feel it...

---

@ Blue Ninjakoopa Blue Ninjakoopa and @ Shinuto Shinuto We're not quite done with Sonic yet, but we can all probably help a bit until we take full focus off of the hedgehog.
I haven't faced any Luigis that were good enough to do a MU analysis, but I can drop some general stuff that should help out in friendlies and FG.

In general you're both going to be looking for burst damage and trying to zone each other as a means to do it. Luigi wants to get a dthrow combo going, WFT wants to FF a nair. Luigi's fireballs recover super fast, so he wants to get in close and pressure you with them.Use this time to look for opportunities to land a nair or hold your ground by crouching and occasionally shielding(they'll powershield automatically the moment you start your shield if in range). Your projectile recovers much slower but can be charged, shield canceled, charge canceled and travel farther so you want to be out of dash grab range, poking and charging to bait jumps and rolls. Use your options to force him to respect your charge and take the lead in the zoning war. Outside of this you both have typical brawler range only Luigi recovers faster making his boxing game much safer. Luckily your mobility options are much better and you can bait a lot of things just by moving in and out with dashes and walking. Remember that shield is also a powerful option in this game due to how fast they recover and how fast they drop so you can do things like dash in shield to bait attacks as well. Anti-air utilt will trade with nair more often than not(bad trade) and beat fair, but usmash will beat everything he throws out. It's laggy, but hurts enough to make players second guess trying to drop aerials on you. Throw it out sometimes just to prove you will. Otherwise crouch so you lower your hitbox and force them to commit.

Everything else comes down to footsies and you've got the burst speed in grabs and dash options to play it well. Don't sleep on walking away either to get your spacing right. Also yes, bair and header are pretty useful. Bair because it's one of her best kill moves and can turn a bad move into a missing stock because it comes out fast (5 frames) and hits hard(kills earlier than ftilt and fully charged SS(no DB). If you haven't implemented ledge trumps into your game, you're missing out on a lot you can get out of this move. Use SH Header in combination with empty hops/SHDairs(sh dairs will autocancel and eat fireballs) to catch bad jumps and start an aerial assault or as a landing trap. Offstage it can be the difference between Luigi living to 150+ or going down around 90%. His air mobility is bad so he relies on missile, tornado and drift momentum to carry him, there is no better time to use SS and header than here. Luigi's not afraid of air to air but is weakest from above so fire away before going for dair and footstools(air dodge into him and buffer jump to avoid the fair wall--worst case scenario you footstool his airdodge and recover to the stage .)

Btw, it's not as awkward as you might think, I wasn't for WFT up until the moment I played her and saw her crawl. Before that I couldn't wrap my head around what Sakurai was thinking and was thinking of maining Diddy and Villager.

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
How do you fight against Captain Falcon & Samus!? I always end up losing no matter what combos or tricks I do. I even lose against bad players even though I know and can tell I'm much better. I don't know how to deal with any of their attacks. I feel like they're just bad matchups for Wii Fit in general.. especially Samus.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I don't mean to detract any more, but would it be a good idea to separate MU discussions into threads instead of having them all under one? We can keep this one as Sonic. It's what the Falco boards do and it seems to work out well.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I don't mean to detract any more, but would it be a good idea to separate MU discussions into threads instead of having them all under one? We can keep this one as Sonic. It's what the Falco boards do and it seems to work out well.
YES Please...its annoying to have all the character MUS in one thread...I just want to search up info on one particular MU for WFT.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
How do you fight against Captain Falcon & Samus!? I always end up losing no matter what combos or tricks I do. I even lose against bad players even though I know and can tell I'm much better. I don't know how to deal with any of their attacks. I feel like they're just bad matchups for Wii Fit in general.. especially Samus.
For Falcon, learn to play defensive. Implementing crouch into your gameplay is a must and it really shines here as about 2/3rds of his moveset become moot or high risk/low reward gambles including a lack of his usual approaches, kill moves and defensive options. He and Ganon have it pretty rough and I can see it being one his worst MUs if everyone starts abusing this.

Samus doesn't respond well to pressure because she lacks a decent grab and is forced to rely on UpB OoS(not as terrible as it sounds but still fairly risky). Her comfort zone is usually just outside of ftilt range which is humongous. Use RTAC or dash shield to approach against missiles and shot spam and once your in put on the pressure and keep mixing her up and try to stay behind or below her. We'll go more in depth on it later but for now, this is the general gameplan. If you want to switch into zoning, only use it to extend a lead, our own zoning is only slightly better due to autocancel projectiles and decent run/burst speed which means if you play that game you won't find yourself at the advantage often. Don't sleep on her. People keep saying she's bad but a dedicated Samus main is a fortress and her ledge trump game is just as, if not more respectable than our own.

This sounds good to me, but it all depends on @ Oatmeal. Oatmeal. since it'll mean either merging those threads later into this one, or having the OP copy the discussion points from each into this thread for organized info like we have here.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
If you would like to take ownership of this thread, I wouldn't mind. I've been using the site less and less lately, and I'm rather unorganized anyways. If you do, the first post definitely needs to be completely redone.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
If you would like to take ownership of this thread, I wouldn't mind. I've been using the site less and less lately, and I'm rather unorganized anyways. If you do, the first post definitely needs to be completely redone.
Actually, @ ⑨ball ⑨ball . Do yew wanna just make a new one and sticky that one? yew seem to be the most active Wii Fit Trainer and yew know a lot about her. So will yew?

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I really think Kirby is one of WFT's hardest MUs... at least for me cause NOTHING hits him and he can just get free damage becasue of her wonky hitboxes.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Actually, @ ⑨ball ⑨ball . Do yew wanna just make a new one and sticky that one? yew seem to be the most active Wii Fit Trainer and yew know a lot about her. So will yew?
Yeah, I'll give it a shot.
I really think Kirby is one of WFT's hardest MUs... at least for me cause NOTHING hits him and he can just get free damage becasue of her wonky hitboxes.
He is, and yes for all the wrong reasons. It's one of the few MUs I play completely campy or balls to walls aggressive.

edit:

So we'll try doing it like the Falco boards in a sense and have multiple threads discussing characters and one central thread to keep track of all our MU knowledge and advice.

Sound good to everyone? Or does it need something else?

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Yeah, I'll give it a shot.

He is, and yes for all the wrong reasons. It's one of the few MUs I play completely campy or balls to walls aggressive.

edit:

So we'll try doing it like the Falco boards in a sense and have multiple threads discussing characters and one central thread to keep track of all our MU knowledge and advice.

Sound good to everyone? Or does it need something else?
Yes ..I hated how I want to talk about Kirby MU but noo this thread is stuck on Sonic for weeeks....thank you.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Any ideas we can bounce around for how to do this?

Having a thread for each character could work, but 50+ threads seems like a little much...

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Alright. I'll open a central hub thread when I get back in. Anyone who wants can feel free to start up 2 new MU discussion threads and I'll update the hub as we go along.

Niala

Smash Ace
I'm fine with doing 2 at a time, but I don't think we should lock threads. The game is too fluid and changing to warrant locking things, the MUs will likely get revisited several times as characters develop their personal metas.

@ ぱみゅ ぱみゅ @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans is it possible to do something like adding another "folder" within the subforum and title it "WiiFit's MUs?" I think that would consolidate the information in a central location without spamming the subforum with dozens of threads.

Thats a good idea but I dont think character subforums have ever gotten subforums of theor own (which is essentially what youre suggesting)... A thread coukd just be deleted after its served ots purpose though!

Also I dont mod this forum, thatd be @ Lore Lore , so I cant do nothin a regular user cant do

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I do can mod here though.
The easiest solution would be to create individual threads for each character and have one single directory. It was done in the Brawl boards with decent results.
But this game has a bunch more characters, and a lot of them are relevant.... It has potential to be messy....

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hi-Fivz Werekill!
It's been super tough here, too.

Let's be depression siblings!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
So I've been looking into a few other ways to do this without needing a sub-forum. So far I'm looking at things like instant/disposable chatrooms and perhaps using an openly editable google doc or something.

Both seem like they might be a hassle in the long run, but I don't mind a test run. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom