• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 13th, 2017] Throwdown in the Thunderdome #22 (Lodi, OH)

Corydonn

Smash Rookie
For the wii U tournament: Are players allowed to use the 3ds connectivity as a controller with the 3ds game/controller applications?
[/quote]

Yeah it's fine by me, It doesn't take long to do. Just remember when you go into a match if you use any custom controls you'll need to pick a name on the Wii U that has the same. It's weird like that.

InsaneMonkey

Smash Cadet
Hey all, Corydonn here and I'll be hosting the Sm4sh side of things this week, Right now we have access to 3 Wii Us and 2 TVs. I could likely get a 4th Wii U but two more TVs for the event would be amazing.

I'm looking to cap this tourney at 32 players because of venue size and time restraints so arrive early if you want in. You can also message me or reply here if you -know- you can make it and I can reserve you a spot for the 30 minute sign up period.

I'm looking to use the normal Sm4sh stage picks, Counter Picks and rules. DLC characters will be allowed and Mii fighters permitting based on time restraints and the desire of players wanting to play them.

If there is enough time after the tournament I'll be looking to hold a free doubles side event with a little prize I'll pick up or from my gaming collection.

P.S. The community at these events are amazing, The players were generally salt-free and even though I haven't played melee in years I noticed not just in my matchs but others wins and losses advice was being given out to both the winners and losers of the match about DI optimization and combos. Really cool guys IMO!
I'll be coming tomorrow with myself and 1 other person confirmed, and potentially a third person but not guaranteed. I wanted to follow up to see if there's still room for definitely 2 people, maybe 3? Thanks.

Corydonn

Smash Rookie
I'll be coming tomorrow with myself and 1 other person confirmed, and potentially a third person but not guaranteed. I wanted to follow up to see if there's still room for definitely 2 people, maybe 3? Thanks.
I've got about 12 people coming confirmed and I am hoping not too many unannounced, I can save you spots though if you want!

As for doubles I don't think we'll have enough time but when the event is over I would like to try and get some play in with maybe a side tourney with a surprise prize.

Jandrw

Smash Rookie
NNID
jerry36
Is this still a weekly event? I've been looking for tourneys and stuff close by and Wooster is just right next door.

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Alright cool! Is there somewhere I should RSVP?
Nah, you don't have to worry about that all. What I would suggest is keep a close eye on this thread to see what the updates are as well. You can also join our FB group since that's where most of the updates happen at. Are you close to Wooster?

Jandrw

Smash Rookie
NNID
jerry36
Nah, you don't have to worry about that all. What I would suggest is keep a close eye on this thread to see what the updates are as well. You can also join our FB group since that's where most of the updates happen at. Are you close to Wooster?
Not incredibly close, I'm over in Ontario so its about a 40 or so minute drive. Would you mind linking the FB page?

PoweredGN

Smash Rookie

WOOSTER'S FIRST WEEKLY SMASH EVENT.
MELEE / Smash 4 EVENT

Location -

http://wingswheelswaves.com/
Wings, Wheels, & Waves 133 North Bever St
Wooster, Ohio

Venue Rules -
These rules are going to be basic as they get. If you bring food, please for the love of God, pick up your trash. I don't want to lose it because of us being pigs. Another thing is language. Apparently, a lot of family's come in here to buy cards, models, etc so please be respectful and try to not swear super loud. I know how Melee gets and we can all get a "little" hyped but try to not swear doods. Thank you very much from myself and as well as the owner of the shop.

Fees -
$1 Venue
$5 Singles
$5 (Per Person) Doubles
$5 Smash 4 Singles

Schedule -
12 PM Sign up
1 PM Singles Start
6ishPM Looking to end the tournament

Player Cap -
For the time being, we may have to player cap at 30ish since the venue is a nice size but not that large. We I'll give a notification on that week to let people know that sign ups are necessary to enter. For now, this is just a forewarning so don't freak out. Just stay calm and smash.

Contact Info -
Cory Beegle (Beegs) @GDL_Beegs
https://www.facebook.com/Beegs009
beegs009@yahoo.com

Relevant Links:
Northeast Ohio / Pittsburgh Facebook Group
NEOH/PGH Youtube Channel

Can't Make It? Stream Link Son!
http://www.twitch.tv/wooster_smash
http://www.twitch.tv/pghneohsmash

Tournament Rules -
Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle

•Dave's Stupid Rule: You can not go back to any stage you've already won on unless agreed upon with opponent
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•ganon banned
•no ledgehopping

Smash 4 Ruleset -
- Stocks are set to 2. Time limit set to 6 minutes.
- Stage List:
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Kongo Jungle 64
Town and City
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Skyloft
Lylat Cruise

*Players can choose to go a banned stage if both parties agree*
- Banning will go 1-2-1
- The winner of the first game gets to ban two stages. The loser then decides on what stage to go to.
-Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect
- Items set to off
- All sets are 2 out of 3 except for winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals which will be 3 out of 5.
- All custom moves and miis are banned. Equipment is also banned.
- The act of stalling is banned.
- You can cp to an omega version of a stage. However, if FD is banned then so are all omegas.

Food -
There is literally a road that has every fast food joint you can think of behind the venue. There is also some food / drinks sold at the card shop as well at a reasonable price.
Arbys <3
McDonalds
Wendys
Papa Johns
KFC
Taco Bell
Hop Ping

Parking -
Will be updated at a later time with a map. As of right now I need to figure out what's a safe zone and what isn't. Stay tuned.

Set Ups -
If you can bring a set up that would benefit us very much so. As of right now I don't have any benefits other than you being a homie. That will be updated later on with the progression of the weekly.

Payout -
This will be all dependent on the total of players we have in that week. We are going to aim at top three but as of right now we are still working it out so please stay tuned. This is the rough draft we have, (Subject to change)

<16 entrants:
70/30%

17-32 entrants:
55/30/15%

(Smash 4 Rules will be going here shortly.)

If you have any question or concerns, please feel free to post below and lets get this ball rollin!

MELEE / Smash 4 EVENT

Location -

Wooster, Ohio

Venue Rules -
These rules are going to be basic as they get. If you bring food, please for the love of God, pick up your trash. I don't want to lose it because of us being pigs. Another thing is language. Apparently, a lot of family's come in here to buy cards, models, etc so please be respectful and try to not swear super loud. I know how Melee gets and we can all get a "little" hyped but try to not swear doods. Thank you very much from myself and as well as the owner of the shop.

Fees -
$1 Venue
$5 Singles
$5 (Per Person) Doubles
$5 Smash 4 Singles

Schedule -
12 PM Sign up
1 PM Singles Start

Player Cap -
For the time being, we may have to player cap at 30ish since the venue is a nice size but not that large. We I'll give a notification on that week to let people know that sign ups are necessary to enter. For now, this is just a forewarning so don't freak out. Just stay calm and smash.

Contact Info -
beegs009@yahoo.com

Relevant Links:
NEOH/PGH Youtube Channel

Tournament Rules -

After each match:
Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle

•Dave's Stupid Rule: You can not go back to any stage you've already won on unless agreed upon with opponent
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•ganon banned
•no ledgehopping

Smash 4 Ruleset -
- Stage List:
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Kongo Jungle 64
Town and City
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Skyloft
Lylat Cruise

- Banning will go 1-2-1
- The winner of the first game gets to ban two stages. The loser then decides on what stage to go to.
- Items set to off
- All sets are 2 out of 3 except for winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals which will be 3 out of 5.
- You can cp to an omega version of a stage. However, if FD is banned then so are all omegas.

Food -
There is literally a road that has every fast food joint you can think of behind the venue. There is also some food / drinks sold at the card shop as well at a reasonable price.
Arbys <3
McDonalds
Wendys
Papa Johns
KFC
Taco Bell
Hop Ping

Parking -
Will be updated at a later time with a map. As of right now I need to figure out what's a safe zone and what isn't. Stay tuned.

Set Ups -
If you can bring a set up that would benefit us very much so. As of right now I don't have any benefits other than you being a homie. That will be updated later on with the progression of the weekly.

Payout -
This will be all dependent on the total of players we have in that week. We are going to aim at top three but as of right now we are still working it out so please stay tuned. This is the rough draft we have, (Subject to change)

<16 entrants:
70/30%

17-32 entrants:
55/30/15%

(Smash 4 Rules will be going here entrancerne

MELEE / Smash 4 EVENT

Location -

Wooster, Ohio

Venue Rules -

Fees -
$1 Venue
$5 Singles
$5 (Per Person) Doubles
$5 Smash 4 Singles

Schedule -
12 PM Sign up
1 PM Singles Start

Player Cap -

Contact Info -
beegs009@yahoo.com

Relevant Links:
NEOH/PGH Youtube Channel

Tournament Rules -

After each match:
Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•ganon banned
•no ledgehopping

Smash 4 Ruleset -
- Stage List:
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Kongo Jungle 64
Town and City
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Skyloft
Lylat Cruise

- Banning will go 1-2-1
- Items set to off

Food -
Arbys <3
McDonalds
Wendys
Papa Johns
KFC
Taco Bell
Hop Ping

Parking -

Set Ups -

Payout -

<16 entrants:
70/30%

17-32 entrants:
55/30/15%

If you have any question or concerns, please feel free to post below and lets get this ball rollin!

PoweredGN

Smash Rookie

MELEE / Smash 4 EVENT

Location -

Wooster, Ohio

Venue Rules -

Fees -
$1 Venue
$5 Singles
$5 (Per Person) Doubles
$5 Smash 4 Singles

Schedule -
12 PM Sign up
1 PM Singles Start

Player Cap -

Contact Info -
beegs009@yahoo.com

Relevant Links:
NEOH/PGH Youtube Channel

Tournament Rules -

After each match:
Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•ganon banned
•no ledgehopping

Smash 4 Ruleset -
- Stage List:
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Kongo Jungle 64
Town and City
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Skyloft
Lylat Cruise

- Banning will go 1-2-1
- Items set to off

Food -
Arbys <3
McDonalds
Wendys
Papa Johns
KFC
Taco Bell
Hop Ping

Parking -

Set Ups -

Payout -

<16 entrants:
70/30%

17-32 entrants:
55/30/15%

Are we allowed to use a 3ds as a controller?

PoweredGN

Smash Rookie
awesome although i dont think i will be able to come this time but i hope i will be able to next time

Jandrw

Smash Rookie
NNID
jerry36
McChicken Weeklies #2 Results - http://challonge.com/yourmothermcweeklies
1st. Ralis :falcomelee:
2nd. GDL | Beegs :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:
3rd. GoodMorningVietJon :falcomelee:
4th. The Crimson Chin :falconmelee:
5th. DerfMW :icsmelee:
5th. Papa Metriod :samusmelee:
7th. Screw Rob Taylor :foxmelee:
7th. InVINCEabull :foxmelee:
9th. Spaghetti Jones :ganondorfmelee:

McChicken Weeklies #3 Results - http://challonge.com/yourmothermcweeklies3
1st. GDL | Beegs :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:
2nd. InVINCEabull :foxmelee:
3rd. DerfMW :icsmelee:
4th. Dijit :peachmelee:
5th. Rage D :falcomelee:
5th. Taki's ONE Friend :foxmelee:
7th. Papa Metriod :samusmelee:
7th. FSmash Tony :icsmelee:

McChicken Weeklies #4 Results - http://challonge.com/yourmothermcweeklies5
1st. VanZ :peachmelee:
2nd. GDL | Beegs :marthmelee:
3rd. Blue Steel :ganondorfmelee: :peachmelee:
4th. PokeJon The Movie: 2000 :falcomelee:
5th. DerfMW :icsmelee:
5th. Dempt :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
7th. Rob Taylor :foxmelee:
7th. Kizzet :samusmelee:
9th. CoCo Thunder :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
9th. CoffeeMug :falconmelee:
9th. Dijit :peachmelee:
9th. Gl0v :marthmelee:
11th. Papa Metriod :samusmelee:
11th. InVINCEabull :foxmelee:
11th. Rawr :sheikmelee:
11th. ITT :samusmelee:
17th. Rage :sheikmelee:

McChicken Weeklies #5 Results - http://challonge.com/Smashingyourmother
1st. VanZ :peachmelee:
2nd. GDL | Beegs :marthmelee:
3rd. Blue Steel :ganondorfmelee: :peachmelee:
4th. CoCo Thunder :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
5th. InVinceabull :foxmelee: :mariomelee:
5th. Absolute Terror :foxmelee:
7th. Fiks :falconmelee:
7th. Rage :sheikmelee:
9th. Spam Cake :samusmelee:
9th. SWD (Sisters with *****) :samusmelee:

McChicken Weeklies #6 Results - http://challonge.com/yourmothershouse
1st. GDL | Woo Beegs :marthmelee: :younglinkmelee:
2nd. Shaq :ganondorfmelee: :peachmelee:
3rd. Woo | InVINCEabull :foxmelee:
5th. CFux :falconmelee:
5th. Absoulte Terror :foxmelee:
7th. Erik :icsmelee:
7th. Rage :sheikmelee:
9th. The Cornball :samusmelee:

Wooster Throwdown #9 Results
1st. 4% :jigglypuffmelee: :falconmelee:
2nd. Beegs :marthmelee: :younglinkmelee:
3rd. Kizzet :samusmelee:
5th. Hades :ganondorfmelee: :peachmelee:
5th. InVinceabull :foxmelee:
7th. Sharonda :falcomelee:
7th. Church :falconmelee: :marthmelee:
9th. Koth :falcomelee: :falconmelee:
9th. ***** Steve :samusmelee:
9th. ARay :marthmelee:
9th. Coco Thunder :foxmelee: :falcomelee:

Wooster Throwdown #10 Results - Pools (Only Top 3 made it out out of 6) http://challonge.com/patlovescock
1st. Pat :peachmelee: :marthmelee:
2nd. Impp :zeldamelee:
3rd. MMG | Beegs :marthmelee:
4th. 50 Shades of Jon :falcomelee:
5th. Djit :peachmelee:
6th. Steve Hole :foxmelee:

Wooster Throwdown #11 Results - http://challonge.com/Doingstevesmomagain
1st. Beegs :marthmelee: :sheikmelee:
2nd. Boyangles :sheikmelee:
3rd. Rage :sheikmelee: :falcomelee: :ganondorfmelee:
4th. Freky :jigglypuffmelee:
5th. Invinciable :foxmelee:
5th. Ghast :falconmelee:
7th. Lokii :falconmelee:
7th. Koth :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
9th. ***** Steve :samusmelee:
9th. Jester :falconmelee:
9th. Weeping Mike :peachmelee:
9th. jofj :sheikmelee:
13th. Pot8 :yoshimelee:

Wooster Throwdown #12 Results - http://challonge.com/DoingsteveGain
2nd. Ray :ganondorfmelee:
3rd. Ojanya :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
5th. Koth :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
5th. Invinciable :foxmelee:
7th. Blanket :sheikmelee:
7th. Weeping Mike :peachmelee:
9th. Freky :jigglypuffmelee:
9th. Avowing :yoshimelee:
9th. Corydonn :bowsermelee: :sheikmelee:
9th. SOB (Son of Beegs) :kirbymelee:

Wooster Throwdown #13 Results - http://challonge.com/steveisafag
2nd. Invinciable :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
3rd. Dijit :peachmelee:
4th. Nilo :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
5th. Freky :jigglypuffmelee:
5th. PSAI :sheikmelee:
7th. Eazy :falcomelee:
7th. Cory Baxter :foxmelee:
9th. Koth :falcomelee: :marthmelee:
9th. Terry :falconmelee:
9th. Oyaso :luigimelee:
9th. LKL :peachmelee:
13th. Absolute Terror :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
13th. Drum :zeldamelee:
13th. Louman :peachmelee: :foxmelee:
13th. Other Rage :sheikmelee:

Wooster Throwdown #14 Results -
1st. Beegs :marthmelee: :sheikmelee: :roymelee:
2nd. Church :falconmelee: :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :marthmelee: :peachmelee:
3rd. Dijit :peachmelee: :sheikmelee:
4th. Sgt Pepper :marthmelee: :falcomelee:
5th. Darker Steve :samusmelee:
5th. College of Luigi :luigimelee:
7th. Drum :zeldamelee:
7th. Absolute Terror :icsmelee: :foxmelee:
Will the results of the Smash 4 tourneys ever be posted?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I *Might* come to this; is it safe to assume the stage list in the OP is super outdated?

PancakePanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
FedExGanon
There's someone else who comes from Ontario to Smash?!

?!

I must come to the next Wooster and claim my crown as the only good thing to have ever come from the Mansfield area. >:-D

Top Bottom