• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 13th, 2017] Throwdown in the Thunderdome #22 (Lodi, OH)

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Heads up everyone. The tournament is on the 20th now. I had to push it back one day due to me having Christmas the original day. I'm deeply sorry if this messes with anyone plans.

Last edited:

TopOfAllWorlds

Smash Apprentice
Omg finnally find a tournament near me! Now I just need to see if there is one with project m >_<

Dorito Remix

Smash Rookie
seem's like wooster smash twitch page doesn't have past broadcasts yet :(

hopefully it was recorded on top of streamed

if it was, any chance the video file could be dumped somewhere?

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
seem's like wooster smash twitch page doesn't have past broadcasts yet :(

hopefully it was recorded on top of streamed

if it was, any chance the video file could be dumped somewhere?
It will be uploaded on our Wooster Smash page. Once they are uploaded I'll leave a comment below. Sorry for the little wait.

Dorito Remix

Smash Rookie
It will be uploaded on our Wooster Smash page. Once they are uploaded I'll leave a comment below. Sorry for the little wait.
zzzz are they ever going to be uploaded? i don't care if it's split into parts or if audio is synced etc.... can you just dump the whole file on dropbox or unlisted youtube or something

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Are we going to 3 stock or are we sticking with 2 for Smash 4
Since it's going to be a new year, I want to see how three stocks go. I will be changing some of the stages around as well. Expect some new ideas (outside of smash wise) to start appearing at these events. :D

foreno

Smash Rookie

WOOSTER'S FIRST WEEKLY SMASH EVENT.
MELEE / Smash 4 EVENT

Location -

http://wingswheelswaves.com/
Wings, Wheels, & Waves 133 North Bever St
Wooster, Ohio

Venue Rules -
These rules are going to be basic as they get. If you bring food, please for the love of God, pick up your trash. I don't want to lose it because of us being pigs. Another thing is language. Apparently, a lot of family's come in here to buy cards, models, etc so please be respectful and try to not swear super loud. I know how Melee gets and we can all get a "little" hyped but try to not swear doods. Thank you very much from myself and as well as the owner of the shop.

Fees -
$1 Venue
$5 Singles
$5 (Per Person) Doubles
$5 Smash 4 Singles

Schedule -
12 PM Sign up
1 PM Singles Start
6ishPM Looking to end the tournament

Player Cap -
For the time being, we may have to player cap at 30ish since the venue is a nice size but not that large. We I'll give a notification on that week to let people know that sign ups are necessary to enter. For now, this is just a forewarning so don't freak out. Just stay calm and smash.

Contact Info -
Cory Beegle (Beegs) @GDL_Beegs
https://www.facebook.com/Beegs009
beegs009@yahoo.com

Relevant Links:
Northeast Ohio / Pittsburgh Facebook Group
NEOH/PGH Youtube Channel

Can't Make It? Stream Link Son!
http://www.twitch.tv/wooster_smash
http://www.twitch.tv/pghneohsmash

Tournament Rules -
Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle

•Dave's Stupid Rule: You can not go back to any stage you've already won on unless agreed upon with opponent
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•ganon banned
•no ledgehopping

Smash 4 Ruleset -
- Stocks are set to 2. Time limit set to 6 minutes.
- Stage List:
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Kongo Jungle 64
Town and City
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Skyloft
Lylat Cruise

*Players can choose to go a banned stage if both parties agree*
- Banning will go 1-2-1
- The winner of the first game gets to ban two stages. The loser then decides on what stage to go to.
-Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect
- Items set to off
- All sets are 2 out of 3 except for winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals which will be 3 out of 5.
- All custom moves and miis are banned. Equipment is also banned.
- The act of stalling is banned.
- You can cp to an omega version of a stage. However, if FD is banned then so are all omegas.

Food -
There is literally a road that has every fast food joint you can think of behind the venue. There is also some food / drinks sold at the card shop as well at a reasonable price.
Arbys <3
McDonalds
Wendys
Papa Johns
KFC
Taco Bell
Hop Ping

Parking -
Will be updated at a later time with a map. As of right now I need to figure out what's a safe zone and what isn't. Stay tuned.

Set Ups -
If you can bring a set up that would benefit us very much so. As of right now I don't have any benefits other than you being a homie. That will be updated later on with the progression of the weekly.

Payout -
This will be all dependent on the total of players we have in that week. We are going to aim at top three but as of right now we are still working it out so please stay tuned. This is the rough draft we have, (Subject to change)

<16 entrants:
70/30%

17-32 entrants:
55/30/15%

(Smash 4 Rules will be going here shortly.)

If you have any question or concerns, please feel free to post below and lets get this ball rollin!

WOOSTER'S FIRST WEEKLY SMASH EVENT.
MELEE / Smash 4 EVENT

Location -

http://wingswheelswaves.com/
Wings, Wheels, & Waves 133 North Bever St
Wooster, Ohio

Venue Rules -
These rules are going to be basic as they get. If you bring food, please for the love of God, pick up your trash. I don't want to lose it because of us being pigs. Another thing is language. Apparently, a lot of family's come in here to buy cards, models, etc so please be respectful and try to not swear super loud. I know how Melee gets and we can all get a "little" hyped but try to not swear doods. Thank you very much from myself and as well as the owner of the shop.

Fees -
$1 Venue
$5 Singles
$5 (Per Person) Doubles
$5 Smash 4 Singles

Schedule -
12 PM Sign up
1 PM Singles Start
6ishPM Looking to end the tournament

Player Cap -
For the time being, we may have to player cap at 30ish since the venue is a nice size but not that large. We I'll give a notification on that week to let people know that sign ups are necessary to enter. For now, this is just a forewarning so don't freak out. Just stay calm and smash.

Contact Info -
Cory Beegle (Beegs) @GDL_Beegs
https://www.facebook.com/Beegs009
beegs009@yahoo.com

Relevant Links:
Northeast Ohio / Pittsburgh Facebook Group
NEOH/PGH Youtube Channel

Can't Make It? Stream Link Son!
http://www.twitch.tv/wooster_smash
http://www.twitch.tv/pghneohsmash

Tournament Rules -
Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle

•Dave's Stupid Rule: You can not go back to any stage you've already won on unless agreed upon with opponent
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•ganon banned
•no ledgehopping

Smash 4 Ruleset -
- Stocks are set to 2. Time limit set to 6 minutes.
- Stage List:
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Kongo Jungle 64
Town and City
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Skyloft
Lylat Cruise

*Players can choose to go a banned stage if both parties agree*
- Banning will go 1-2-1
- The winner of the first game gets to ban two stages. The loser then decides on what stage to go to.
-Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect
- Items set to off
- All sets are 2 out of 3 except for winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals which will be 3 out of 5.
- All custom moves and miis are banned. Equipment is also banned.
- The act of stalling is banned.
- You can cp to an omega version of a stage. However, if FD is banned then so are all omegas.

Food -
There is literally a road that has every fast food joint you can think of behind the venue. There is also some food / drinks sold at the card shop as well at a reasonable price.
Arbys <3
McDonalds
Wendys
Papa Johns
KFC
Taco Bell
Hop Ping

Parking -
Will be updated at a later time with a map. As of right now I need to figure out what's a safe zone and what isn't. Stay tuned.

Set Ups -
If you can bring a set up that would benefit us very much so. As of right now I don't have any benefits other than you being a homie. That will be updated later on with the progression of the weekly.

Payout -
This will be all dependent on the total of players we have in that week. We are going to aim at top three but as of right now we are still working it out so please stay tuned. This is the rough draft we have, (Subject to change)

<16 entrants:
70/30%

17-32 entrants:
55/30/15%

(Smash 4 Rules will be going here shortly.)

If you have any question or concerns, please feel free to post below and lets get this ball rollin!
Two questions. Is there an age restriction and can you sign up for both games? Please answer asap and thanks!

TheGreatBrendini

Smash Cadet
What would you think about having Wuhu Island added as a counterpick stage for smash 4. Smash Wiki says that it's not tournament legal but I don't understand why. It's basically Delfino Plaza but with larger blast zones.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Hey guys, I'm in Ohio visiting family. I'd like to come to this (Smash 4; though I might enter Melee too). Is there anything I should know that isn't mentioned in the first post? Thanks.

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm in Ohio visiting family. I'd like to come to this (Smash 4; though I might enter Melee too). Is there anything I should know that isn't mentioned in the first post? Thanks.
Hey Vipermoon. The only thing that isn't mentioned in the first post is that we will be running Smash 4 and Melee at the same time to see how it goes since we had some bottlenecking issues happen the last couple of times.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Hey Vipermoon. The only thing that isn't mentioned in the first post is that we will be running Smash 4 and Melee at the same time to see how it goes since we had some bottlenecking issues happen the last couple of times.
Okay. And you can still enter both?

Grizzlee

Smash Rookie
Really excited for this event. This will be my first melee event ( not a lot of events in Mansfield)
Excited to play and excited to learn

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Really excited for this event. This will be my first melee event ( not a lot of events in Mansfield)
Excited to play and excited to learn
You definitely came to the right event if you are looking to learn and improve. Remember to ask questions and mostly importantly, have fun.

Last edited:

Jandrw

Smash Rookie
NNID
jerry36
Since it will only have been a few days from their release, will Corrin and Bayonetta be allowed/required?

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Since it will only have been a few days from their release, will Corrin and Bayonetta be allowed/required?
Bayonetta and Corrin will be legal. I would need them on your Wii U if you plan on bringing a set up.

Another thing, Umbra Clock Tower will be a COUNTER PICK. I want to experiment with this stage for now but it seems to have some high level cheese going on with that stage so we will see how long this stage will last.

Top Bottom