• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova's Youtube Channel

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@first match

try not to grab TOO much, it just looks weird, otherwise no complaints.

oh and, nova, i'll play you p2p on saturday if you want, i can't do it any other day because today i got a christmas party to go to.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
My massive grabbing is because i use R2 on my Ps3 controller for "R" on the N64 controller...I also happen to cancel, air attack, and grab with that button.

If there is a lot of lag or delay i mess up the timings a lot and you get to see that R button hard at work xD

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i see.

yo danny, i'll also p2p you anytime you want, i'm a mario main also and i wanna see how mine stacks up to yours.

also, gotta wait until saturday.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
All the grabbing and some of the funny aerials...
however, those are good games, you two are good.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
mmm, not trying to flex the ego... but i can do way better.

Me and Nova both understand that these games dont reflect either of us.

I assume thats why they are marked as "friendlies" :p

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Of course!! That's what I thought right after you said 6 frames.
Besides, I've seen your youtube channel, I know what you're capable of in this game, I know you're good.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
It's like The Star King said...it's very hard to correctly place someones skill based on videos (I dont think he said it EXACTLY like that but...thats the jist of it :p) so we should p2p some time :)

I personally find this to be even more so true because im not a big combo guy (and thats what most people see first when they watch videos...the combos)

My point being mostly that we would both play better and be more amusing if there was no lag (The delay at 6 frames i can deal with ..to an extent)

rpotts

Smash Lord
Ok this is pretty small but nova, the very beginning of the first match you fthrow fox the try to fair him on the platform. It's horribly obvious that fox would tech before you could hit him at 0%. Just run below the platform them upsmash him after he techs. You seem to have subpar anticipation, that is you don't often put yourself in the right position to continue a combo. Also, finishing with fthrow-uair is hella lame.

at ~80-120 against heavies learn to fthrow->dash pivot->tipper uair

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Ok this is pretty small but nova, the very beginning of the first match you fthrow fox the try to fair him on the platform. It's horribly obvious that fox would tech before you could hit him at 0%. Just run below the platform them upsmash him after he techs. You seem to have subpar anticipation, that is you don't often put yourself in the right position to continue a combo. Also, finishing with fthrow-uair is hella lame.

at ~80-120 against heavies learn to fthrow->dash pivot->tipper uair
you seem to have a subpar life and feel the need to be douchebag to me. please go kill urself, ill 5 stock u anyday loser

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Don't take this the wrong way, but as a friendly post... :p
but between this:
rpotts said:
fthrow->dash pivot->tipper uair
And this:
ballin4life said:
Fthrow uair kill with falcon is mad legit
I rather the first one.
IMO looks nicer!
You can forget about the other things, you know that was a good match.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Goddamn nova, potts was just giving you advice. You're not perfect at the game. Everyone needs to learn one way or another.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Goddamn nova, potts was just giving you advice. You're not perfect at the game. Everyone needs to learn one way or another.
No, hes not just giving advice, he thinks he better than me and he doesnt know anything about this game. In the past he made a big deal out of small things such as a missed z cancel in one my falcon combos.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Dude, if you felt offended by that post, you could report him, or PM him telling him something about it...
IMO this is a friendly comunity.
Also I apologize if I ever said something bad/offensive to you...

Dsc

Smash Ace
Missed z cancel in a training mode falcon combo that was uploaded to youtube which resulted in the combo not connecting? If so then thats pretty noobtastic.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
When will nova ever learn to chill?

Fthrow to uair bores me.

I can do dash pivot tipper uairs so consistently in training mode but for some stupid reason I cant do them consistently online, which is sad because they are pretty easy compared to the other stuff I can do.

When I pull em off tho, I am quite satisfied.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
run and grab falcon.... and of course uairs to upb.. yawn, i think this playing style is almost in the same level as a kirby spamming utilts, sorry nova, i dont rate people who do this unless they prove they do well with other chars with harder to pull-off stuff and harder to win in general

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
No, hes not just giving advice, he thinks he better than me and he doesnt know anything about this game. In the past he made a big deal out of small things such as a missed z cancel in one my falcon combos.
Dood soo much rage lol. Also, nova you need to fix your lag ;(

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Fthrow uair falcon is great online. I don't like to try fancy stuff because lag will make me mess up. So I just do uair combos. Combos aren't really what make a Falcon good anyway. It's all about approach, edgeguarding, and recovery.

rpotts

Smash Lord
My main problem with nova was his PRO STATUS RESUME and then only uploading the 10% of the videos recorded where he beats better players on 7 frames then feels good about himself.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Fthrow uair falcon is great online. I don't like to try fancy stuff because lag will make me mess up. So I just do uair combos. Combos aren't really what make a Falcon good anyway. It's all about approach, edgeguarding, and recovery.
What about the difficult combos

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
i think what makes a combo good is not really the creativeness but how hard it is

a lot of people post stuff and are like OH WOW NEW COMBO STARTER SWEET

but it's not hard to replicate

i think the only combos that should be posted are fiendishly difficult ones that seem innocent at first then proceed to make you sit on a cactus for several hours

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i think the only combos that should be posted are fiendishly difficult ones that seem innocent at first then proceed to make you sit on a cactus for several hours
You have convinced me that you are the Dsc of the Northern Hemisphere. But less annoying.

I also like combos that are hard to perform but also creative ones, such as Zenyore's infamous reverse fair>fsmash.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
less utilt. more ftilt and dash mixed in with djc nairs, which you already kinda have.

make the nairs faster and learn to link them with fairs and dash attacks on floaties.

utilt ***** heavies tho

Top Bottom