• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North Bay's first smashfest! (Saturday, July 21st) (Across the Golden Gate from SF)

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so plans have finally come through, and surprise, North Bay's first is here! As of now, there's currently 4 people, the host has a maximum of 10 people allowed total including himself, so that leaves a grand total of 6 spots open.

Little note, North Bay (As I use the term) is located across the Golden Gate bridge from San Francisco, and across the Richmond/San Rafael bridge to the East Bay, it is also known as Marin County.

The Address: 20 Staghound Passage; Corte Madera, CA, 94925

The Date: Saturday, July 21st

Time: 5:00 Pm - 11:00 Pm (timetable can be adjusted for earlier, later is possible but midnight is definitely the limit)

The List:
1. Liewyel
2. Reserved
3. Reserved
4.Swordmaster66
5.Havokbringer
6.Cheese
7. One person with them
8. Another person with them
9. NiRV7iQ
10. NiRV7iQ's roomie

Please make a new post if you want to come, and let me know how many people you plan to bring! Any cubes/TV's would be fantastic, as of now there is a Wii and a GCN available!

At this point in time we have 2 setups, another one would be fantastic. There is no extra TV at the venue, so if someone could bring one that would be great. Memory cards and copies of SSBM would be helpful to bring along if you want to bring a Cube. (=P)

1. TV/Wii (Host)
2. TV/GCN (Host)
3. TV/GCN (Havok)
4. TV (Cheese)/ GCN (Havok)

Any other questions or comments? Let me know, PM me here or message me on Aim at Liewyel.

Oh ya, no drugs/alcohol.

Also, we have no way to record at the venue, so if you wish to record and have some kind of setup/vcr/tapes, that would be fantastic!

Cheers!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I go to school in Santa Cruz, but I live in Novato mainly during the summer, so I'd gladly be down for smash anytime. I generally travel a lot in the summer though so my schedule is sporadic.

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's definitely happening, thats for sure, I'm trying to work out a date at the venue (my friends house) that would be good for him, as he has to get his parents permission to have a bunch of smelly smashers over, =PPP

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Hm, not so sure yet about it being a series, but that's a possibility, so I'll keep this updated. So far the plans are probably going to be in a week or two...

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If anyone in the North Bay or nearby wants to play with me this Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, I'm definitely down basically anytime except Wed night. Give me a call (415 717 2133), PM or post in here and we'll set something up. I may even be on AIM (SZalewski).

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so a quick update, sorry for not responding or messaging sooner, but it looks like the soonest will be after July 4th, maybe the weekend after...

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Hmm, should I have a mini smashfest one of those days Hyuga?

I just remembered my sister's birthday is on the 5th, so no fest that day.

I guess my best bet would be wednesday, although pretty much everyone will be gone by night time.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Yea definetly coming and im bringing cheese and 2 other ppl.(If its ok).Also 2 cubes and 1 t.v(2 if cheese is bringing his).Ok later.

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Well, since Havokbringer is bringing 2 cubes, you probably only need to bring your tv, 'cause the two tv's at the venue both have cubes already

*First post updated*

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Ok cool i will let my friends know.By the way, is it possible to arrive there at four so we could have extra time to set up and what not??Also what could we do for food?We all have money so we culd do a pizza thing and maybe we could have a tourney too that would be pretty fun.Just let us know.

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the timing doesn't really matter, as long as everyone's gone by midnight. The host's parent just doesn't want us there late.

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah for sure, the host was thinking about pooling together some cash for pizza, and a tournament is definitely something that could go on

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Ok sounds cool.We will arrive around 4 and set up and since there is only 10 ppl i suggest that u make it so that since we only have 4 t.vs 3 of them should be for singles and the other one for doubles.That way we coud get the best out of the time we are there and that would only mean that 1 person is left out of the smash.(unless u want to have 2 single tvs and 2 double tvs , up to u).Ok later.

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Alright, yeah most of those ideas would work, we'll be able to work everything out there

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
alright, i'll mark you down for those two spots, and i don't think the host will kill us if one more comes...

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
hmm cant go, cant cross bridge with no car, and walking it will take too long, and i live 20-30min away from the bridge, and i dont really feel like going.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
awesome nirv!you guys should come for sure , more ppl equals more smash!!And cheese i would ask dillan if not for the fact that they have a limit on how many ppl can come.Sry man.

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sorry about the limit and all, the Host's parent usually keeps a limit at 6 people over at a time max, but he got a special situation, so if this goes all well maybe the number can go up in the future!

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, its still going, Currently, every slot is full, so I'll keep this topic updated throughout the week should anything change!

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Um, quick update, the host says you guys can't show up at 4:00, but like 4:30ish should be fine

He also says to bring money for food/drinks, 'cause he doesn't wanna be cleaned out, so we may have to make a Safeway run. =O

Edit: Remember to bring your own controller, -_-, no controller johns now

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
New update: One spot has opened, so if someone wants to bring another person, or a solo person wants to come there is a spot for you/them!

Let me know!

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Ok im pretty sure a safeway run would be fine with our ride so ill see u guys this saturday and make sure you practice because we arent new to this lol.Right cheese??

Top Bottom