• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Violence

Smash Lord
So, on the subject of room and board:

The hotel they're advertising is balls expensive.

I found another right next to it that is slightly less expensive(room of 4 people, 135 a night, for four nights.

And I found a bunch of inns and motels in every direction. The problem? They're each at least an hour's walking distance according to Google.

We'd save money, but we'd be waking up an hour earlier and walking our ***** down.

Unless someone's renting a car, this is going to suck one way or another.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
How many times has a smasher been honest w a hotel lol.

Double beds is the same as quad iirc just that u tell them its 4not ppl sharing 2 beds

:phone:

Violence

Smash Lord
Either way, 120 for 4 people, 30 a night, 4 nights, $120, that's still too much.

I found places with 70-80 dollars a night, they're just too far without a rental car.

It may be worth it for everyone to chip in on a rental car since they're 12 of us, and each of us stands to save more this way.

3 Rooms of 4 each, for 4 nights, that's $1440, or $120 per person, going on your $120 rate.

If we found rooms at 80, that's 2/3rds the cost, or $960, $80 per person. Saving a total of $450, which I'm sure a car or van rental over the course of 4 days won't eat up that much.

Plus we may get a deal with our plane ticket if we reserve a rental car along with it.

I think you have to be 26 to get a rental car, however. Sheridan, would you be down if that's what it came to(assuming you're going)? We'd all chip in to reimburse you, of course.

Violence

Smash Lord
If you guys are down, I'm down.

Two Double Occupancy rooms 6 people each, $80 dollars per person.

Is that cool with everyone? People bringing sleeping bags and crap?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
My Spiderman blanket goes where I go (along with a complimentary Darth Vader pillow).

Violence

Smash Lord
12 people in 1 Quad Occupancy: $170 for 4 nights: $680, around $57 dollars per person.

I'm pretty sure we'd be packed in there so tight some of us would legally be committing statutory ****, I think the two room option is better.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer two rooms. I perform way better when I get really nice sleep, so yeah haha

Zoap

Smash Master
I'd prefer two rooms. I perform way better when I get really nice sleep, so yeah haha
You clearly have never traveled OoS for a tournament, you'll be lucky if you get sleep, let alone "really nice" sleep.

12 people in 1 Quad Occupancy: $170 for 4 nights: $680, around $57 dollars per person.

I'm pretty sure we'd be packed in there so tight some of us would legally be committing statutory ****, I think the two room option is better.
Even though we stack 2-3 people in double beds, 12 dudes in one room is definitely pushing it.
Nah **** that.

Need SOME amount of comfort
You're the size of a stick, just slip in between the bed and the heater(near the window).

we could just all cram in 1 room. I dont mind sleeping on the floor
Like you'd get a bed even with 2 rooms? It's still 6 people per room.

I think you have to be 26 to get a rental car, however. Sheridan, would you be down if that's what it came to(assuming you're going)? We'd all chip in to reimburse you, of course.
25 in most states(which is ********) in CA and NY I think you can get them at 21, but you're gonna pay extra for being 21.

Also don't forget to factor gas into the equation if you guys get a car, 3 trips to and from the venue if its a 5 seater sedan for 3 days (assuming you take the cheaper hotel), also everyone and their mother asking sheridan to take them to get food.

Have fun, I had a decision between a new bowling ball or Apex and I got a new ball, so I'm probably not going.

Violence

Smash Lord
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I think it's looking like 6 people in 2 dual occupancy rooms. We'll probably get two small beds and a good amount of floor space. I call the chair. I can reserve the rooms, but I think it's best if we divide into two groups and reserve our rooms separately.

When are people getting in?

My, Dajuan, Alvin, Alan, and Kevin's flight info:

Delta 1596 Arrives at LaGuardia at 11:07pm

(Whoa. I didn't even do that on purpose, but we're apparently meeting up in Minneapolis. ****.

WHOA, we even have the same flight back. That works out really well.)

Vanessa's flight info:

AA 1590 Arrives at Newark at 11:15 am

Tafokints and Zac's flight info:

Southwest 3920 Arrives at Newark at 5:25 pm

Mitchell will arrive via train from New York with his girlfriend.

Sheridan will arrive at Newark at 10:04 pm

Darrell's will arrive at LGA on Delta 1679 at 10:06

ROOMS AND HOUSING

Right now it looks like 6 people in a double occupancy room and 7 people in a triple occupancy, for around $20 a night per person.

So far the rooms look like:
Vanessa, Zac, Tafokints, Mitcho, Mitcho's Girlfriend, Sheridan, Coolian

Me, Dajuan, Alan, Alvin, Kevin(since we're traveling together anyway), Darrell.

Violence

Smash Lord
Someone from the triple occupancy(7 person) room should probably go ahead and reserve their room, I'm going to reserve the double occupancy.

darkatma

Smash Hero
gluck at apex guys :D
After y'all come back I wanna play everyone!
Zeldafreak said he'd go if I went, since he has a free flight.. but I suppose it's too late to look for flights now lol

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
i'm not 100% sure if I can go anymore. I am still waiting for my boss to approve the vacation days off. This is so frustrating, will let you guys know asap about my APEX status.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
My, Dajuan, Alvin, Alan, and Kevin's flight info:

Delta 1596 Arrives at LaGuardia at 11:07pm

(Whoa. I didn't even do that on purpose, but we're apparently meeting up in Minneapolis. ****.

WHOA, we even have the same flight back. That works out really well.)

Vanessa's flight info:

AA 1590 Arrives at Newark at 11:15 am

So far the rooms look like:
Vanessa, Zac, Tafokints, Mitcho, Mitcho's Girlfriend, Sheridan, Coolian

Me, Dajuan, Alan, Alvin, Kevin(since we're traveling together anyway), Darrell.
I CALL THE SEAT NEXT TO DAJUAN caps lock

And that sounds good. By the way, just wondering how long is the flight? Like 5 hours?

Top Bottom