• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Philly cheese steak with mushrooms at a hella hole-in-the-wall ghetto *** place.
Best cheese steak i ever had..

and 40 posts per page is the way to go

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
more posts and more pages looks better for me
You cant have more posts AND more pages. Its either 40 posts per page, which is more posts. or regular amount which is less posts per page but MORE pages.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
PEOPLE IN MY CAR:

We are leaving Saturday. Either come to my place or get a ride there with Scamp on Sat. I'd like to leave no later than 1-2pm.

pockyD

Smash Legend
meatfest reservations have been made

12 people, friday may 30, 8 pm

there's still time to update it, so if anyone else is interested, there's still time! (up to 48 hours before, but i'm going to give an arbitrary cutoff of 1 week)

Edit: boback when you see this, post the current roster so we can see if anyone's being left out or being counted despite not going

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hey I have another spot open in my car now. Eric do you want to take it? If so come down with Scamp tomorrow. Or anyone else want it if he doesn't go?

SuperRad I have the Grim Fandango OST shared on the hub if you wanna get it from me. Hector Steps Out is the best song.

MEATFEST IS UNSTOPPABLE.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Oh, trust me I've got it.
I actually downloaded two different versions, one had 32 tracks and one was two discs that had every song from the game (i think).

hector steps out rules.

sheridan, are you going from santa cruz up to meatfest and coming back? I'm kind of interested, don't know if i can swing it though...

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Well supposedly we're getting together at "Hyuga Lounge" aka my house in Novato afterwards to play poker and smash and whatnot. I kind of don't want to drive back to SC from there because it's 100 miles (almost exactly). Thing is PK is going (I think) also, so if I don't drive back to SC it means we'd have to take separate cars. If that's ok with him then one of you guys could drive. And you wouldn't necessarily have to come to my house afterwards thereby saving about 60 miles driving total. However I've no problem letting people spend the night there and then leaving the next day.

Zoap

Smash Master
We are leaving between 12-1 so everyone in my car be ready by then. People in my car:

Myself
Boback
Germ
Trebor
Nick
JB
Lucien
Eric
Phil**

** Phil hasnt comfirmed so I don't know for sure but I'll find out.

IF anyone doesn't already know its gonna be 50 total for gas and motel. Unless Phil comes than its 46 a piece for motel and gas. Plan for 50 though as phil is not guarenteed. DBR all be in one place please, JB/Lucien your fine where u guys live since i have to go by that way anyways. BE READY BETWEEN 12-1 ****ERS.

pockyD

Smash Legend
ok for the slightly more important list

sidefx
pockyD
Hyuga
Nintendoking
Tyderium
King
Germ
Scamp
Cuba is Death
Zoap
Prodigy Kid
Bob$

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
I was planning on staying up there with Sheridan, given it was ok with him. I dont want to drive back there the same night myself. I figured that option would be the most convenient.

but if Sheridan can't have people over for the weekend, then I guess I'm not going

pockyD

Smash Legend
we are staying at sheridan's friday night, so it wouldn't be the same night

i'm not staying saturday, so i'm unsure what his policy is on that

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I can have people over for as long as they want, I just don't know what you're going to be doing if you stay past saturday afternoon while I do HW in my house.

The question is if I go back to SC on Sat or stay in Novato. If I go back to SC then I can give rides back. But I'd really rather not since I will have not been home in almost 2 months at that point. In which case one of you will have to drive, and stay over, which you are more than welcome to do.

BTW I'm pretty sure I main Ganon now.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Hey guys

Uh...

So this thread, I can't make much sense of it, but...

The three year old first post is talking about biweeklies in San Jose.

Is that still going on? My friends and I live in Fremont and we're itching to lay the beatdown.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
thats "3 year old post" was made about a month ago.

but yes, i am hosting occasionallies, the date of the next will be announced in the title. they probably will not be every other weekend, but i suspect one to happen the first weekend of june

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
thats "3 year old post" was made about a month ago.

but yes, i am hosting occasionallies, the date of the next will be announced in the title. they probably will not be every other weekend, but i suspect one to happen the first weekend of june
Haha, oops. Just realized it was edited. I suppose the mention of Wii and Brawl should have been pretty good indicators.

Sweet dude! Looking forward to it! You got some good competition coming! :)

itsSMASHtastic

Smash Apprentice
sorry for being new, but can someone tell me what this Meatfest 2008 is about? is this a tournament of some sort for just a select few? is it a tournament at all?

i just view these threads every now and then and i'm just stumped at this point

Naota21t

Smash Champion
sorry for being new, but can someone tell me what this Meatfest 2008 is about? is this a tournament of some sort for just a select few? is it a tournament at all?

i just view these threads every now and then and i'm just stumped at this point
Meatfest is pretty much a night of super-savageness. It's a group of people going to some Brazilian buffet-like thing and then chilling afterwards.

Theres no real point to it, though Pocky is the special guest (i think it's his bday or something).

I'd be going, if I wasn't BROKE.

itsSMASHtastic

Smash Apprentice
ahh thanks for the quick responses. ya just tryin to get back into Smash after retiring from the tourney scene. i'll keep an eye out for the next bi-weekly then. trying to get Vallejo back in the map! its too bad that *** city just filed for bankruptcy lol.

edit: ya 2002... TG1-3 would good times for me =). Oh ya you can count TG4 too since it got me on Wikipedia lol woot!

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
I can have people over for as long as they want, I just don't know what you're going to be doing if you stay past saturday afternoon while I do HW in my house.

The question is if I go back to SC on Sat or stay in Novato. If I go back to SC then I can give rides back. But I'd really rather not since I will have not been home in almost 2 months at that point. In which case one of you will have to drive, and stay over, which you are more than welcome to do.

BTW I'm pretty sure I main Ganon now.
I got HW I'll need to do myself. But I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Lot of things came up.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Remember U.C.L.A Monthly 5? The finals was perhaps the most epic event at a grass-roots tournament this year. There was the big crowd shot, then no crowd, then a mad rush as Hugs won the title.

Right now, there's about seven people watching the finals. Sure, there's a crew battle going on, but it's amazing just to see the big difference. I mean, we are talking about the two best players in Southern California going at it.

And as I type this, a big crowd has gathered, bags in tow ready to head out.

It's a big contrast compared to U.C.L.A 5.

Quote: Glenn from Getyourtournament

LOL BEST QUOTE FOR TODAY xD

Got to love the epic crowd compared from brawl to melee =P

Save ride back Norcal peepos xD.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
HERES WHAT WAS GOING ON DURING FINALS.

Lucky Vs. Emerican, Final Destination, Emerican's down like, 80%, a Nair will kill him, Lucky's at like 40.

emerican comes with a downthrow, dair, up air, KNEE.

THE CROWD GOES MILD.

We'd rather watch a Melee friendlie than Brawl finals.

Top Bottom