• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS No N64 Stages, How do you feel?

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I am personally very disappointed, there are no N64 stages at all... Oh, and don't tell me 'Brinstar and Corneria are N64 stages' they aren't
Oh, and if you can choose a stage to return, what would it be?

Last edited:

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
*sob sob* My dreams of playing Dreamland 64 as Wii Fit Trainer have been crushed.

Seriously though, it's a little disappointing, though they weren't in Brawl either, so I guess it was to be expected.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I really don't care about N64 stages. Even Hyrule Castle is pretty bad outside of the music.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I can't say I'm super disappointed... but Saffron City would have been nice.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I can tell you don't play much 64, but c'mon, don't you miss Saffron City just a little bit?
I do play 64 actually! Not competitively, but occasionally. It's the favorite version of Smash for one of my roommates so it gets some good playtime. I don't hate Saffron City but I don't really miss it too much

Last edited:

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
The 64 stages weren't really that great in my opinion, the only stages I liked were Yoshi's Island, Dream Land, and Saffron City, but I can easily live without them. I really want to see Fourside, Mute City, and Fountain of Dreams come back. Maybe even Mushroom Kingdom (from Melee).

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
The only stage from the N64 that I want to see back is the DK one. The rest, I don't really know what to think about them.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I only ever miss Hyrule Castle (since Zebes returning is basically never happening), so... not abnormally disappointed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The N64 stages do suffer from the low polygon dilemma, so it's understandable why they haven't been used after Melee.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Congo Jungle please for Wii U version...all the DK stages suck and are reused...

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
They have really good neutral stages though, dream land l, metal cavern, and hyrule castle are great, I was happy when they added them in project m

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
There's only one stage for the Metroid series and it's reused from both Melee and Brawl... Personally, I liked Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, and Brinstar Depths better.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I've always wanted Metal Cavern to come back. Especially after playing it in Project M. Or at least bring back the Metal Mario music from that stage

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Seeing how Melee and Brawl had stages return, I find it a bit unfair. I mean, one or two stages from the original isn't going to hurt anyone. Personally, I'm not a fan of many of the returning stages on the 3DS.

Saffron City, Hyrule Castle, Planet Zebes, Mushroom Kingdom, and Sector Z were great in my opinion.

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
The only ones I'd care for are Hyrule Castle and maybe Saffron City, but they'd look extremely dated unless they got the Mario Kart 8 treatment. The other past stages didn't get graphical updates so that probably wasn't going to happen.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
The only ones I'd care for are Hyrule Castle and maybe Saffron City, but they'd look extremely dated unless they got the Mario Kart 8 treatment. The other past stages didn't get graphical updates so that probably wasn't going to happen.
Project m had the right idea and there making HD remakes of the stages

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Disappointed. I would have gladly traded that awful Brinstar stage for Hyrule Castle or Saffron City. Hopefully there are 64 stages on Smash Wii U.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I'm not really let down, but I would have liked to have at least one. Hopefully WiiU brings one back. N64 is my favorite console of all time and I love Smash 64, sooo.

On a different note: Reila, you have a fantastic forum avatar! Love it!

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
As one who found interest with the series with 64 I'm a little bummed that there wasn't really any thought put into remaking any stages from that game (unless Wii U begs to differ) but at the same time I'm also not bothered since 64 isn't really as meaty as say Melee and Brawl are. Technical yes but in terms of content there isn't really a lot to come back to unless you really like 64's mechanics.

TeamEvil

Smash Rookie
Seeing HD remakes of the classic stages would be amazing, Perhaps a "Retro" map pack. (If DLC is going to be a thing, I
don't know)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Eh, I wasnt too fond of them, I would have like the Mushroom Kingdom a bit, but Im not disappointed that it didnt return.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Seeing how all the Melee stages the came back were in Brawl as well, I'd say it's because it's easier to port over stages from Brawl rather than 64 or actual Melee.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be getting any 64 stages this time, in the Wii U version either.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wanted Saffron City, Hyrule Castle, and Dreamland...
And Metal Cavern, if that counts.

Last edited:

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
It does suck that the 3DS version doesn't have a single N64 stage. I can see at least 2 N64 stages coming into the Wii U version. IMO, I'd like to see all the N64 stages come back, since it's their 15th anniversary anyways, including Metal Caverns.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd like to see Kongo Jungle from Melee, just because of the DK Rap.
Too bad it wasn't in Brawl. It seems that they are only using Melee stages that were added in Brawl.....

For N64 stages, I would like to see Dream Land, Congo Jungle, Saffron City, Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, and the Star Fox stage, (I'd actually like to see all of them return, heh.) but since it seems like they don't want to remake stages that they can't easily port over to the game's code on the Wii U, it seems like it won't be happening. I don't really care whether N64 stages are added or not, though.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'll take Dreamland, Hyrule Castle and Saffron City but I don't particularly care for the rest.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I feel like if there was going to be an n64 stage on the Wii U it would be either hyrule castle or dreamland

Last edited:

Ove

Smash Journeyman
The N64 stages are unarguably the best in the whole series.

On the other hand, maybe they are too good for Smash 4. Saffron City is a legendary stage where the true brilliance perhaps never can be repeated, much less improved.

If I want to relive the experience, I plug in my N64. I think the developers should focus on new stages instead, that define the specific game in question, just like Saffron City, Mushroom Kingdom, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story and Smashville did, to name a few.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I think we'll get one or two stages from 64 returning in the Wii U version. Imagine Metal Cavern in HD...

At least we still have the ones in PM.

Top Bottom