• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

JFox

Smash Hero
Tunes, I know you guys have some crew videos up. You should put them up on this thread. Right now THP > every other NJ crew, cuz they were the only people that care enough to put videos up. TSA you guys are way to active not to do the same.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Those matches suck too o_o

The only reason I put the other two up was because one of them showed sexy laser camping and the other one showed CCing the first two hits of Peach's dsmash and then lightshielding the rest of the hits.

JFox

Smash Hero
I enjoyed the other two more, because they are more of an accurate representation of your crew. When someone like say phish-it comes into the NJ finder to see what is so good about NJ's players, its probably best to show your best game, not your secondaries. They are good secondaries, dont get me wrong, but your mains are watching a battle between two mains or two secondaries are two totally different things.

Never the less, I will put them up. I will look past the fact that you guys now how three matches, teh_spamerer vs inui (which violates a rule), only because atm there's room for vids and no one else is participating. But if and when, I will ask that you guys simply choose your best two between you guys.

Again, thanks for participating. I really want to get this section moving. So I'd like it if people would follow by example. And remember, they don't have to be the best videos either. Just something that shows a bit about your crew can really be a big help to the community. When you get some better videos, you can always post them, and ask one of the admins to remove the older ones. Something is better than nothing.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Eh? Sheik's not my main anymore, tbqh. I use Ganondorf just as often, and I think my Ganondorf is better.

And considering how rare the four of use actually use our "mains" when we play each other, "secondaries" = more accurate. XD

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol this is true. I slept over LK's from Sunday-Monday(cuz the rain blocked the roads) and I played a LOT of Falcon, 5 hours of Marth dittos, and barely any Falco.

JFox

Smash Hero
WoZ, if you want those up for now, post em here. Crew videos are more than welcome here. :)

Personally, I don't understand why more videos aren't coming from bi-weeklies. We should get movin on that.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I haven't looked at the first page of this thread in a long time its really really awesome keep up the good work team, and imma try and record with treble soon and post the links.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Bring your crew to cheezits event. Oh and to the next TSA crews event or even the next TSA event in general more crews = more fun.

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
Do the Leisuremen Of Chaos have a crew thread that the NJ Finder can link to?
no, we don't.

i thought it might've been a tad useless to make one with only about a third of our crew on the boards and even less of that regularly attending tournaments :ohwell: As we pick up our activity over the summer there might be one, I'd post the link then.

Zero_KoH

Smash Rookie
Name: Zero_KoH
County: United States
City: Long Valley, NJ
Contact Info: AIM - Spikespeegal
College: Rutgers University (New Brunswick / Piscataway)
Additional Info: Guilty Gear XX Slash, Tekken, I'll film anything if you ask
Crew: Team Siafu

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
Zero, does Team Siafu have a crew thread?

Also, just out of curiousity, do you know all of the other rutgers smashers?

Edit: Zero, do you realize that for county you put "United States"? We need county not country. It looks like you are in hunterdon, morris, or sommerset county. I cant tell from mapquest. Please post your county or I can't put you on the finder.

Zero_KoH

Smash Rookie
Sorry! I read "country"
My crew and I are in Morris county, though i don't know if any of them have smashboards account, i'm yelling at them about it now.

And I don't know all of the Rutgers smashers
I know Legendary Hero
Mog87
Tim Du
And I'm playing with DoYoung tonight.

That help at all? ^_^

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, I don't even care about it anymore, I was just pointing out its always a later tournament. :) Not entirely sure i can go to CCX i think i'm going to MLG.

JFox

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm not even on it and I'm a bit tired of waiting. Did you guys even decide on the ranking being done after the CCX tourney, or was cheezit just guessing, and you are going along with it inui?

I personally feel there are plenty of active smashers in NJ, and another 5 people (making a total of 20) being added onto the list would be appropriate. The ultimate goal should be to rank all of NJ, not just the elites, but this hard because of inactivity. The more people that are active, the larger the list should be logically.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure we all agreed to do it after CCX.

Eggm, it's not like we won't count your MLG, Guantlet, etc. placings. I'm going to Danny's this weekend, and that tournament will affect my rank as well. OOS things do matter.

I wouldn't mind expanding the list to a top 20.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
im not sure how accurate this might b but doesnt it kinda seem like the power rankings segregate smashers in different areas.... it seems like smashers only wana smash in there own region unless its somethin really major to try to b in the power rankings... i may b wrong but its just wut it seems like to me

ps. any1 mm in guitar hero 2?? lol

JFox

Smash Hero
Sneak, the power rankings don't disclude tournaments outside of NJ. The only reason Zang got taken off the list is because he is not only living outside of the state, he is completely inactive here. So it was silly to think of him as NJ.

But like inui said, placings matter anywhere you go.

Oh and Inui what is OOS? And while we are at it, what is QFT or whatever that other one is you always say?

And stop called him Danny try to sound like you know him outside the smash world. lolz

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Whats wrong with calling someone by thier name? Calling someone by thier smash name when you know thier real name just sounds ******** imo.

OOS= Out of state

QTF= Quoted for truth

Top Bottom