• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Name: RaptorHawk
County: Morris
City: Dover, NJ
Contact Info: AIM - Mysticrican86
College: School is for fools
Additional Info: No Comment
Crew: The Smash Affiliates

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Its obvious that there are more than 15 acive players in the state. Rather than squabling over who gets the top 15 spots, why don't you just extend it to at leat 20?

The purpose shouldn't be to keep the list exclusive. It should be to rank as many NJ players as possible.

Note: This comment has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with me trying to get on the rankings list. Literally, being on that list does nothing for me. It just doesn't make sense in my mind why at this point its still only ranked to 15 spots when we know NJ is more active than that.

(Besides, Inui already makes it clear than everyone in his crew is by default better than everyone not on this list lol)
I was actually considering that.

And no, don't spout ridiculous nonsense. Treble and Bass are part of a rival crew, not my own.

JFox

Smash Hero
NJzFinest, I take it back, you've played lots of people...is that better now? I just meant you recently havent been playing anyone, especially in the NJ scene.

Perhaps I just didn't know you played y.link...that was a long time ago. Who cares?

My previous post was trying to patch things up since I know we haven't gotten along in the past. But **** it, I can see you still hold a grudge.

I've never has anything against other than your bad attitude toward me.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
WTF, this is why I HATE talking online. People take **** the wrong way or too seriously -_-

I don't have any grudge against you lmao. I didn't even try to type up a negative post at all! I even used the funny faces to look friendly.

You said I never played people, I simply mentioned people I have played....is that offending to you? If so, my bad then. I mean, you said I haven't played anyone out of THP...EVER. I think I have the right to defend myself. I'm well aware of my inactive-ness...(which I stated) especially when I stopped playing and even stopped simply talking to other smashers/DC++/smashboards intentionally (I decided to pick up breakdancing instead and it was so ****ing worth it).

You wanted a Y. Link MM, so I thought back about the time of when we spoke about Y. Link (I was wondering why you even knew I played him lol) and I told you I accept...I even called you a pimp lol. What did I say wrong? Calling Y.Link a little *****???....lol

I don't have a grudge you, I never did. You didn't insult me....I didn't insult you >_> But hey, maybe it's just the way I speak online. If you seriously think I have a bad attitude, that sucks then :( Don't cry to me though, cry to your mother.

JFox

Smash Hero
NJz Finest, must have just been a miscommunication. My fault, internet misunderstanding. Sorry I flipped on you.

Hope to see you at the bi-weekly.

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
Attention!:

We are now ready to start the NJ Video Finder!

In a crew? Got some cool crew videos? We would like to start the new video section with crew members battling it out with other members of their crew. This will allow people who are perhaps interested in your crew to be able to gauge your skill.

Rules for video:
Youtube only videos!
For now, a maximum of 5 videos is allowed per crew.
Singles only videos.
You must be on the player finder to have your video on the NJ Finder.
You must include your crew name, the players names, the players characters, and link to your video.
Don't everyone post all at once...What happened to the videos guys?

Are the rules too strict? Is that perhaps what is going on? If so, I'd like a little feedback. What would you like to change?

Or perhaps we just don't have any videos? I'm really not sure what to think at this point.

Comments would be greatly appreciated.

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
Thank you spammer for starting us off. If you would like any video's removed, just say so here or PM me.

***We are changing the rules a bit. Originally, we feared that people would begin flooding the finder with videos, and particularly uninteresting videos. Friendlies between unexperienced players are not the most entertaining videos.

Howver, the rules are being relaxed a bit. The video finder is no longer restricted to crew videos only. This means EVERYONE is open to post videos of their matches. But there are still rules.

*New rules for video:

Youtube only videos!
A maximum of 2 videos from the same two people.
A maximum of 5 videos from any one person.
Singles only videos. (NJ Tournament Pro Doubles are an exception)
You must be on the player finder to have your video on the NJ Finder.
You must include player names, the player's characters, and a link to your video.

Although this isn't an official rule, please try to keep the videos at a high level of play. If you found the video uninteresting to watch, so will your viewers. For the sake of space, try not to post just for the sake having a video on the finder.

Also remember, we are still encouraging you to post your crew videos. (Please label them as crew video if they are)

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
We hope this one will be your last. The advantage to a shared account is that you can always give it up to new interested people when current admins lose interest.

We appreciate your continual participation :)

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
i know there are more players in NJ who are hiding from this thing just put ur freakin name on the player finder and people will play you not so much to ask

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Eggm, I'm going to Chu's.

BTW, take me off this list. After Chu's tourney this Saturday, I won't be competing until July. I'm gonna be practicing a lot, but I have a commitment on Saturday's now, and I'm even skipping it just this once for Chu.

I will still maybe show up once in a while for my fans though >.>.

BTW: If singles ever starts at 6:30 or so I'm entering. I'm just assuming tournies run on time. :p

JFox

Smash Hero
LK its not up to you or me if you are on the list. The next list should be made relatively soon, and you have competed enough (i would imagine) between february and now to make it onto the next ranking. And since these lists seem to be pretty spaced out, I would imagine that your lack of participation in tourney for the next two months won't actually be enough to take you off the following list altogether.

Edit: LK you aren't on the player finder...wtf dude. As a former host of a player finder, I would think you would have a little more respect for the player finder, you should have been the first on this list.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
As mentioned, since TSA is going to start hosting monthly events at CCX, I think our tier ranking list should be based more on those tournaments, which is more formal when it comes to being a competitive event than our biweeklies are.

I still encourage other people throughout the state to see if they can start hosting events, especially in the summer, to add some diversity to our community.

JFox

Smash Hero
So does that mean TSA is hosting 2 biweeklies per month + a CCX tourney? Or is it one bi-weekly and one tourney per month?

Magus420

Smash Master
As mentioned, since TSA is going to start hosting monthly events at CCX, I think our tier ranking list should be based more on those tournaments, which is more formal when it comes to being a competitive event than our biweeklies are.
They are also an hour further north. Though it may be more formal or whatever, it isn't a good place for being the main basing of NJ rankings, as it's not even remotely a centralized location. The biweeklies' location is far better positioned for that imo.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah its like 2 extra hours a month and 20$ more in gas for me to hit a tourney north instead of the original biweekly location each month which stinks. :( hopefully its still the two biweeklies + a CCX tourney, also is there a TSA biweekly in edison with crews and LT's?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
They are also an hour further north. Though it may be more formal or whatever, it isn't a good place for being the main basing of NJ rankings, as it's not even remotely a centralized location. The biweeklies' location is far better positioned for that imo.

QFT. Magus wins this topic.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Also, we're still looking for one more regional panelist from this state. One of you guys should step up for who wants to apply this time around.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I applied, der. A while ago.

Do I have to reapply with something else? I remember asking that, but don't remember checking back for an answer. >_>;

Eggm

Smash Hero
I qualify and would do it but I"ve never played anyone besides NJ/PA and 1 or 2 NY players so yeah I don't have nearly enough experience in the whole NE region

Top Bottom