• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, an amiibo is pretty megaton. Especially since it is a non smash 3rd party indie one.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
That looks like a nice Amiibo. Well we'll just have to see what PAX has in store for the rest of the weekend lol.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
And suddenly I heard about several hundred simultaneous sighs of relief from a bunch of other Smash Character fans.

There's still Nintendo's stuff but it seems like this is all we got so far for the Shovel Knight amiibo.

Still, introducing Co-Op is pretty megaton in of itself for fans of Shovel Knight, not even counting a collectable amiibo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When's that?
It said the 27th, Nintendo would have a stream with special guests and announcements, however I can't find out when since it doesn't seem to be tonight, the schedule was pointed out a few pages ago..

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Let me see if I can provide a better answer to this. Please wait.
I'm definitely anticipating further input, many others are as well. Gonna go ahead and say "thanks" for being one of the few to be on top of these things.

So the amiibo has been in development for over a year.
https://twitter.com/GameXplain/status/637121403074928640

Make of that, what you will.
As much as I'd love to put this in the K. Rool thread to calm a certain subset of our regular posters (as in, this is not some sudden thing that's coming in to swat K. Rool and this was made long before the ballot, and hence this has nothing to do with his ballot results) but any Shovel Knight and Amiibo talk is banned there for being off topic.

Any Kutthroats reading this, TAKE NOTE. Still, @PushDustIn is confident that Shovel Knight will actually be a character in Smash, and if he's not confirmed in the coming days then Tamaki covered his rear end saying "oh it could be anywhere in the next couple months" which I hate the sound of. I want closure, damnit.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i'm curious what the amiibo-exclusive relics they mention are
i have sk for 3ds but i don't really want to buy an adapter just for this
or a new 3ds, or the same game again on wii u

D

Deleted member

Only thing that upsets me is that the odds of me getting a Butt Butt amiibo are slim due to all the ****in' scalpers.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The fact people thought a Smash reveal would happen this late headed by a no name NoA employee didn't make sense to me anyway. If SK is announced it'll be online before Monday or at best, some Nintendo stream at PAX.

Nor does that Amiibo disconfirm him (though it would seem Tama was wrong on the place holder mock up)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The fact people thought a Smash reveal would happen this late headed by a no name NoA employee didn't make sense to me anyway. If SK is announced it'll be online before Monday or at best, some Nintendo stream at PAX.

Nor does that Amiibo disconfirm him (though it would seem Tama was wrong on the place holder mock up)
Stranger things have happened. Remember Pac-Man? He was revealed in a similar matter.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This week's been hectic.

The closest thing I could compare this to is NinkaVaanrose, and that was a LOONG time ago.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman

I noticed the stand is actually a different color.

The one in the ad is gold but the stand now looks purple.

That might be it?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When is the Nintendo stream?

When is Plague of Shadows releasing?

Soul.

Meh, August is pretty much over anyways. We have like, 3 days left for it to be September?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Welp.

I have no clue what's going on and it's kind of frustrating.

There's still the matter of a Smash maintenance on Monday for both systems.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact they've been working with Nintendo for a year and have been very vocal about Shovel Knight in Smash. It all kind of adds up, but doesn't either.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd dislike the idea of Shovel Knight being pre-ballot a lot less than him being ballot.

It rubs me the wrong way that a character with one game, not released in Japan, and sold 700k across multiple consoles (which up to this point had more content than the Wii U version, which is now no longer true due to the amiibo functionality) can come in and get in over long standing Nintendo characters.

All the while K. Rool and Inklings (I know they are recent, but they are the popular new kids in town being an in house EAD IP that sold gangbusters (by Wii U standards) and revitalized life into a dying system) get stuck with a frickin' mii costume.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'd dislike the idea of Shovel Knight being pre-ballot a lot less than him being ballot.

It rubs me the wrong way that a character with one game, not released in Japan, and sold 700k across multiple consoles (which up to this point had more content than the Wii U version, which is now no longer true due to the amiibo functionality) can come in and get in over long standing Nintendo characters.

All the while K. Rool and Inklings (I know they are recent, but they are the popular new kids in town being an in house EAD IP that sold gangbusters (by Wii U standards) and revitalized life into a dying system) get stuck with a frickin' mii costume.
It's a suggestions box, not a poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom