• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
But are they Ridley that bi-*shot*
Stylux pls.

Shame to because if any indie probably deserves/has the best reason to be in smash it's probably quote seeing as he's the mario of the indie sceen
I know as well. I haven't played Cave Story yet (it's in the backlog) but damn I really think Quote would be great for a possible indie rep if they need so. I knolove Shantae has a longer history with Nintendo but Cave Story really did kick off the indie genre and has major support from Nintendo with ports and has been a popular series for a long while

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, I was on Wikipedia digging up some information on when Nintendo Directs usually occur. I've always thought it was Tuesday and Wednesday. It's actually Wednesday and Thursday. So there's still the potential for one this week! I doubt it tho...

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There was a small spark around at Reddit and GameFAQs when the Smash Ballot started.

The first poll in April this year had Shovel Knight being number 1 with K. Rool, Wonder Red, Banjo Kazooie and Wolf in the Top 5.

He doesn't now but he had a spark. Shantae probably doesn't have a bandwagon but their fanbase support of her got arrogant and insufferable for a while.

Let's be honest, Chorus Kids is a real example of a bandwagon character because they would be irrelevant without Gemastu and anything RH-related in Smash has to revolve around them. Hell, we don't know if there was a even a character considered and the logo was for a stage, it's all speculation at this point.
The placement of the logo suggests it was a character, but a stage is not out of the question.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Dude...SE made that game, I doubt Nintendo owns everything there. Does everything SE related suddenly not belong to SE but Nintendo or something?
Oh come on... this is Bowser jr. Song why would square owns Nintendo character song? Even the name of the song is "Jr. Street" this doesn't look like something that square would own, because it's about Bowser jr.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Dude...SE made that game, I doubt Nintendo owns everything there. Does everything SE related suddenly not belong to SE but Nintendo or something?
If it's Work For Hire, then yes, Nintendo would own it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh come on... this is Bowser jr. Song why would square owns Nintendo character song? Even the name of the song is "Jr. Street" this doesn't look like something that square would own, because it's about Bowser jr.
I'm gonna put it like this, let's take characters out the equation. Have you noticed that we have so much music from Paper Mario and the M&L series but non from SMRPG. Music, which is probably not as hard to jump through hoops for but isn't worth doing so for a few songs.

Chrono.

I'm gonna put it like this, let's take characters out the equation. Have you noticed that we have so much music from Paper Mario and the M&L series but non from SMRPG. Music, which is probably not as hard to jump through hoops for but isn't worth doing so for a few songs.
Isn't there an SMRPG song in Brawl's files that was unused? That would mean Nintendo can use songs from there at least.

Last edited:
Isn't there an SMRPG song in Brawl's files that was unused? That would mean Nintendo can use stuff from there
Apparently it was supposed to be from Mario and Luigi but was interpreted incorrectly as Forest Maze.

New avi. Yay

EDIT new avi doesnt fit. not yay.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What would happen if some guy hacked into Nintendo's twitter account and announced a direct as well as Smash DLC and some new games?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What would happen if some guy hacked into Nintendo's twitter account and announced a direct as well as Smash DLC and some new games?
On one hand, I'd by extremely surprised for someone to hack Nintendo.On the other hand, it's better having the Twitter account hacked than their entire network COUGH COUGH SONY AND YOUR BS WITH PSN COUGH

I need cough syrup

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Well unless it was NOA Only it would be pointless.
Seeing how there's at least two for the UK directs announcements being NOE and Nintendo UK.
Not to mention Nintendo of Japan.
EDIT: there's also Facebook.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
What's this about?
I was having an arguement with a popular artist on Miiverse because it looked to me as if he lied to get attention by asking people which characters they want drawn in bikinis and then saying he wasn't going to draw them. Then, he draws Wii Fit Trainer in a bikini and proceeds to make me look like an idiot.

Keep in mind, this guy is not a fan of people doing stupid things to get attention, yet he does it himself. That combined with the fact he made this comment on a post he made in the YouTube Community makes him a hypocrite.

Miiverse is a weird place.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The license/contract will be different for every title. Take, for example, Rare. The characters they created for Donkey Kong Country were always going to be Nintendo's. That's how the contract was written. But the characters they created for Diddy Kong Racing were not. At least two of them were conceived as characters that would spin off into Rare-owned franchises, and that could only have happened if the contract was different from the other one.

There's really no way to know where IP rights stand until they get used again. There's no Donkey Kong Country 3 music in Smash Bros, but that doesn't mean they don't own the material in full. They could very easily own the themes written by SE staff made for a Mario spin off and chose not to use them because Mario Hoops is hardly a cornerstone of the Mario music catalog.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sen_43HXOd4

Stumbled across this interview with Xander Mobus, the announcer for Smash 3DS/Wii U. Pay close attention to the question at 17:42.

Basically, Xander says he didn't know the full roster of the game because the script had red herrings, as in, characters he had to announce their names, but weren't in the game. He didn't believe Duck Hunt was meant to be an actual character.

The producers did so to avoid full roster leaks.

@PushDustIn This will definitely interest you.

D

Deleted member

Stumbled across this interview with Xander Mobus, the announcer for Smash 3DS/Wii U. Pay close attention to the question at 17:42.

Basically, Xander says he didn't know the full roster of the game because the script had red herrings, as in, characters he had to announce their names, but weren't in the game. He didn't believe Duck Hunt was meant to be an actual character.

I would love to know what those red herrings were

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So, I was on Wikipedia digging up some information on when Nintendo Directs usually occur. I've always thought it was Tuesday and Wednesday. It's actually Wednesday and Thursday. So there's still the potential for one this week! I doubt it tho...
Your grasping at straws.Were more than likely not gonna have a direct this month soon especially seeing as they just showed off the release dates to everything that would usally be in a direct.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

That's actually very interesting, I wonder what other characters he did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom