• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Speaking of the Operation Rainfall trio, should I pick up The Last Story soon? Mind you I don't have a Wii U yet and I don't even know if it's available digitally. I'm ok with getting a Wii copy since my Wii is GC compatible as well.
I haven't finished it yet, but I find it fun. Positioning is arguably even more important in that game than in Xenoblade due to the aggro mechanic and some moves using the environment (i.e. running up walls).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And Swamp couldn't do it
Bite took about half his health
Thankfully, he Leech Seeded before switching out
Now it's up to @ Z25 Z25 to finish the job
I never thought Keckleon could be so good
I thought I was dead when I saw rhe tag, but it seems like I won and got the badge lol! I feel accomplished! Take that @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
:p

And kelckon can be quite useful, I've lost to them before. They have a wide movepool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You want 10 paragraphs about why Poochy should be in? Cause I got them. Also, people take a arm wrestler from a game most've never heard of seriously?

Sure, why not Baby Mario & Baby Luigi as a duo.

..Also, why does anyone want Sylux, just curious?
Might wanna ask @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I thought I was dead when I saw rhe tag, but it seems like I won and got the badge lol! I feel accomplished! Take that @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
:p

And kelckon can be quite useful, I've lost to them before. They have a wide movepool.
It's fun to abuse color change because most types resist themselves.
Great bulk compared to my other Pokemon and decent attack
Only bad stat is Speed but nothing a Quick Claw can't solve

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Big has to have one of the best themes I have ever heard.
"Oh it's a Windy and Sunny Day":seuss:

By classic styled I mean in terms of adventure.
I was going to use the term Dreamcasted but that didn't really feel right :chuckle:
But yes that's what I mean, if you look at his arms and legs they have been shrunk and his head has been increased in size. Even his eyes were changed.

I would agree with you but Gamma was brought back for Battle. For some strange reason.

But I hope they leave Gamma, We have Omega now :estatic:
But that isn't Gamma, that's Chaos Gamma, its a complete different character :troll:

Also I think you kind of missed my joke, since its supposed to be a rebuild Gamma, so I'm just messing around

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The most voted polls by far:

1. King K. Rool:
335 Yes
156 No
38 Indifferent

2. Wolf:
369 Yes
46 No
44 Indifferent

3. Shantae:
288 Yes
130 No
33 Indifferent

4. Krystal:
175 No
160 Yes
50 Indifferent

5. Bandanna Dee:
212 Yes
87 No
73 Indifferent

6. Balloon Fighter:
138 No
107 Indifferent
100 Yes

7. Daisy:
179 Yes
115 No
23 Indifferent

8. Isaac:
225 Yes
52 Indifferent
39 No

9. Pichu:
148 No
100 Yes
32 Indifferent

10. Shovel Knight:
133 No
93 Yes
53 Indifferent

If you want to change the circumstances for some characters you gotta vote here. ;)
http://smashboards.com/threads/dail...mon-lana-sylux-zael-top-10-most-voted.410404/

D

Deleted member

Oh ****, I forgot you fight Korrina in Geosenge Town
**** her and her early game Lucarios
I lost my Charmeleon to her in my first Nuzlocke
I actually lost 4 Pokemon in a row back there in the Grant-Gym Korrina part
Already prevented the Grant death, now let's rewrite our future!

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

1. King K. Rool:
335 Yes
156 No
38 Indifferent

2. Wolf:
369 Yes
46 No
44 Indifferent

3. Shantae:
288 Yes
130 No
33 Indifferent

4. Krystal:
175 No
160 Yes
50 Indifferent

5. Bandanna Dee:
212 Yes
87 No
73 Indifferent

6. Balloon Fighter:
138 No
107 Indifferent
100 Yes

7. Daisy:
179 Yes
115 No
23 Indifferent

8. Isaac:
225 Yes
52 Indifferent
39 No

9. Pichu:
148 No
100 Yes
32 Indifferent

10. Shovel Knight:
133 No
93 Yes
53 Indifferent

If you want to change the circumstances for some characters you gotta vote here. ;)
http://smashboards.com/threads/dail...mon-lana-sylux-zael-top-10-most-voted.410404/
Wow. Shantae is surprisingly high on the list O_O. Maybe it's because of Wayforward pushing for her? It's still pretty cool seeing someone you wouldn't expect on top of the list. I'm still surprised we haven't got Wolf back yet...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
1. King K. Rool:
335 Yes
156 No
38 Indifferent

2. Wolf:
369 Yes
46 No
44 Indifferent

3. Shantae:
288 Yes
130 No
33 Indifferent

4. Krystal:
175 No
160 Yes
50 Indifferent

5. Bandanna Dee:
212 Yes
87 No
73 Indifferent

6. Balloon Fighter:
138 No
107 Indifferent
100 Yes

7. Daisy:
179 Yes
115 No
23 Indifferent

8. Isaac:
225 Yes
52 Indifferent
39 No

9. Pichu:
148 No
100 Yes
32 Indifferent

10. Shovel Knight:
133 No
93 Yes
53 Indifferent
As a percentage that's

K. Rool: 63.37% yes
Wolf: 80.4% yes
Shantae: 63.85% yes
Krystal: 45%
B. Dee: 56.99%

And that's all I care to do. Interesting Shantae did better than K. Rool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also I noticed some indie discussion earlier.

I'll just say that I don't think any of them will happen in Smash 4, as much as I'd personally love Shovel Knight (who I can see getting a Swordfighter costume since Yacht Club's looking to do more content on Nintendo systems, and that'd be neat), mainly due to the fact that by and all they're not icons to the extent that our other 3rd Parties have been. Solid Snake. Ryu. Mega Man. Sonic the Hedgehog. Pac-Freaking-Man. All icons, all legends. I think it'd just be...strange, for lack of a better term, to have these guys and then someone like Shantae, or Rusty from SteamWorld Dig (I should try that game sometime. Love the mix of semi-western, semi-steampunk aesthetics).

Honestly the only eligible third party characters that'd even hold a candle to those guys would be characters like Rayman (as far as Ubisoft's concerned, it'd be Rayman over an Assassin's Creed character in a Nintendo game, I'm pretty sure, though technically someone like Ezio's eligible, due to the DS games), Lara Croft (who outright won't happen due to Sakurai's stance on guns, and her pistols are kind of integral to the way she fights), or Scorpion or Sub-Zero (I don't even need to say why this will never happen :p, though speaking of Warner Bros.-owned characters, it's a shame Maxwell isn't nearly as prevalent in Japan...).

Honestly that's why I don't think we should have high hopes for any third party DLC characters that aren't Snake's return, or possibly Rayman, though even that feels like a reach IMO.

Just my opinion though.

D

Deleted member

Lucario is about to wake up with a +4 Attack from Swords Dance
Mood right now

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

1. King K. Rool:
335 Yes
156 No
38 Indifferent

2. Wolf:
369 Yes
46 No
44 Indifferent

3. Shantae:
288 Yes
130 No
33 Indifferent

4. Krystal:
175 No
160 Yes
50 Indifferent

5. Bandanna Dee:
212 Yes
87 No
73 Indifferent

6. Balloon Fighter:
138 No
107 Indifferent
100 Yes

7. Daisy:
179 Yes
115 No
23 Indifferent

8. Isaac:
225 Yes
52 Indifferent
39 No

9. Pichu:
148 No
100 Yes
32 Indifferent

10. Shovel Knight:
133 No
93 Yes
53 Indifferent

>No Rayman.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
WHAT IS IT OPAHSIM WHY DO YOU SUMMON ME

Over 60 people(obviously nothing compared to the big leagues but high for what is an ensemble darkhorse character) have been swayed by everything I've said, have a look.

http://smashboards.com/threads/enem...lux-confirmed-for-the-next-prime-game.383187/
Was not swayed.
Amazing presentation, but...you keep acting like the sheer backstory and current story of the character (in a unreleased game) will get him into Smash. That doesn't make sense.

I just can't see him over Rundas or Anthony Higgins.

D

Deleted member

Was not swayed.
Amazing presentation, but...you keep acting like the sheer backstory and current story of the character (in a unreleased game) will get him into Smash. That doesn't make sense.

>implying any of them even has a shot
All of Metroid's recurring characters are NPCs, Metroid, Mother Brain, Dark Samus and Ridley
There's no reason to think that less important characters would be used as DLC considering all are one shots

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
All of Metroid's recurring characters are NPCs, Metroid, Mother Brain, Dark Samus and Ridley
There's no reason to think that less important characters would be used as DLC considering all are one shots
And Sylux, right now, is a one-shot. They do not have another game with him in it.
Dark Samus does not have a chance as DLC, but does has a chance in Smash 5.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be fair, there are plans to use Sylux again in the future, so he soon won't be a one-shot. He's honestly the only Metroid newcomer other than Ridley-if-there's-a-new-Director-next-time that I can see happening. :p

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
To be fair, there are plans to use Sylux again in the future, so he soon won't be a one-shot. He's honestly the only Metroid newcomer other than Ridley-if-there's-a-new-Director-next-time that I can see happening. :p
"Soon"? People have been saying "soon" for years!

Also, uhm, Dark Samus exists? Not as DLC, but Smash 5.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Soon"? People have been saying "soon" for years!

Also, uhm, Dark Samus exists? Not as DLC, but Smash 5.
Outright director confirmation is more than Higgs or Rundas ever got.

Also.

Not as DLC, but Smash 5.
I'm bringing it up as DLC, hence why Dark Samus is a no-go IMO. Especially since recent interviews imply that Dark Samus is done with.

D

Deleted member

And Sylux, right now, is a one-shot. They do not have another game with him in it.
Dark Samus does not have a chance as DLC, but does has a chance in Smash 5.
Unrelated but
1439424511048-868929580.jpg

Your full username didn't fit so I went FEA route and used a "Pr."
It's ambiguous so it's also Prince Luigi, Public Relations Luigi, Professor Luigi, Parks and Recreation Luigi, etc

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Problem with Metroid is it's a homage to Alien and in that series only Ripley survives and when she does die they BS her back to life. Samus is the only reoccurring character and the Threat of Metroids/Phazon/The post-Super Metroid Federation's sudden Weyland-Utani switch is an ongoing threat that keeps her busy

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Was not swayed.

Rundas, maybe, but Anthony? He's arguably lower than both Rundas and Sylux. And Rundas is dead, Sakurai has said that characters with little to no chance for a future are lower priority. Someone dead would qualify for that.

The unreleased game argument has gone back and forth with more characters than Sylux and some are arguably less likely. Inklings, the prime example, were wildly supported before Splatoon was out, but to their credit received content to tie in with Smash before Splatoon was out; just not playable Inklings like people wanted. Xross and Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X are being supported despite XCX not being out in the West yet; same goes for Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates and whatever their names are from the unreleased SMTxFE, except that game isn't out at all.

I don't plan to cause a huge ruckus out of this, so I'll keep it simple. Long shot? Definitely, and I recognize that. With a legitimate chance for DLC? Yes.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
If those little hexagon pokemon really are zygarde split up then I cant see how that would work in gameplay. we know there at least 5 of them.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Rundas, maybe, but Anthony? He's arguably lower than both Rundas and Sylux. And Rundas is dead, Sakurai has said that characters with little to no chance for a future are lower priority. Someone dead would qualify for that.

The unreleased game argument has gone back and forth with more characters than Sylux and some are arguably less likely. Inklings, the prime example, were wildly supported before Splatoon was out, but to their credit received content to tie in with Smash before Splatoon was out; just not playable Inklings like people wanted. Xross and Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X are being supported despite XCX not being out in the West yet; same goes for Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates and whatever their names are from the unreleased SMTxFE, except that game isn't out at all.

I don't plan to cause a huge ruckus out of this, so I'll keep it simple. Long shot? Definitely, and I recognize that. With a legitimate chance for DLC? Yes.
For DLC? No way, dude. In Smash 5? Yeah, maybe. Remember, he has not been in a game for at least 5 years.

I have yet to see anyone supporting Xross and Elma, or Corrin....imo, they're very silly to vote for.

D

Deleted member

Characters from an unreleased game=/=character speculated to be in a future game

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's say Stylux is the most likely of all the Hunters in said game.

Still ranks him lower in Smash likelihood than Dark Samus and (ignoring the SAKURAI!!! factor) Ridley.

He'd better make an impression when/if he next appears.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
For DLC? No way, dude. In Smash 5? Yeah, maybe. Remember, he has not been in a game for at least 5 years.

I have yet to see anyone supporting Xross and Elma, or Corrin....imo, they're very silly to vote for.
You have to look back a few pages in the character discussion sub forum but the support is there for those three.

I'll stop discussing here since we're just going to go around in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom