• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Swordfighter mains gettin' that Lloyd costume.
Makes them look fabulous as ****

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Wait, what?!
[runs to nintendoeverything]
Apparently I only had to go back one page, but that costume is dope as ****. Lloyd was one of my (admittedly unlikely) hopes for smash 4, so there's a hint of sorrow in this news......but holy crap that's an awesome costume! I aint even mad. :laugh:
It's great to see him even in this format!

D

Deleted member

Oh, wait. New chapter of One Piece is out yall. Best go read before da spoilers on the net!

Chrono.

I’m so curious about the last 2 fighters

Not even hyped just really really curious

I have a feeling they're not even ballot influenced

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Do updates usually come out at midnight? That's 6.5 hours away JP time.

I'd love a Tails Gunner amd Knuckles Brawler costume.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Will after a day to move from K rool. i'm gonna go throw in a couple of votes for other characters i want hopefully one of them will get in (believe in the dee and the golden sun)

Soul.

Also just wondering in case anyone knows... does anyone know if 1.1.0 will be a balance patch?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Isaac dodged a bullet today.
If he doesn't get a costume in this update it could very much be a point for his inclusion, IMO. This batch seems to be for the more popular characters.

We'll see though, there's more to come.

Flying Man is certainly a surprise.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I think I'm gonna attempt Zelda 1 without looking up any maps. I forgot where everything was and I was never far in the game to begin with.

I'm also gonna draw out a map as I play through the game. This should be interesting.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If K. Rool, the villain of Nintendo's prestigious Donkey Kong franchise was deemedunable to sell character DLC (just a theory if he really is de-confirmed for this reason)...

The anime swords man with Earth powers from a dead franchise has very likely any chance left.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If K. Rool, the villain of Nintendo's prestigious Donkey Kong franchise was deemedunable to sell character DLC (just a theory if he really is de-confirmed for this reason)...

The anime swords man with Earth powers from a dead franchise has very likely any chance left.
Look at it this way.

If K.Rool's issue was relevance.

Then Isaac actually fits.

2010 means the series is less "dead" then Punch Out!! :4littlemac:

While K.Rool "died" in 2008.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Isn't Issac's son the main character of the last Golden Sun though?

So....uh, isn't that like using Tropical Freeze where Lord Frederick is the bad guy for K. Rool?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Again, Krystal, Rayman, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario...
I said nothing about their chances, but Krystal most likely ain't happening either. It's not even looking good for her in her home franchise at the moment.

And Sakurai might let his ''Will they call me bias" fear keep him from adding Bandana Dee as DLC over someone who isn't a part of a series he created or helped.

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Isn't Issac's son the main character of the last Golden Sun though?

So....uh, isn't that like using Tropical Freeze where Lord Frederick is the bad guy for K. Rool?
Issac isn't the main character, but he does show up and is relevant to the game's progression.

It's the opposite of Fire Emblem Sword of Seals where the father (Eliwood) is barely mentioned/in the game and his son (Roy) is in charge of everything.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

I wouldn't call Golden Sun dead yet. Five years isn't that long for a series like that. Donkey Kong will be popular regardless of K. Rool, as proven by the last two DKCR games. It's unfortunate, but the villain can change and the game still be popular. See Zelda for this too.

Golden Sun is an IP made by a second-party company that is niche, but also popular. Camelot are making Mario Tennis atm, but after that they could very well work on a 3DS version of Golden Sun. RPGs are making a huge comeback of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom