• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Dixie's Smash Tour role uses her trophy. Mewtwo's new trophies don't overwrite or remove his old one, so Dixie's wouldn't either. Whether or not Smash Tour is considered an in-game role doesn't really matter when there's no actual overlap. That's just semantics.
I know her trophy is used in Smash Tour, but it's still not an in-game role. Her trophy powers up your character, that's all there is to it. It's not like it's a case of Sakurai saying "this role suits her better than being a playable character" like in the case of the Assist Trophies, bosses and Final Smash assists.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Ooh lists? I'll need to remember certain things. But I think you guys might be interested in how things changed.

PRE-E3 2013

• Mega Man
  • Villager
  • Toad
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Any New Kirby Rep
  • Skull Kid/Tetra
  • Dixie Kong
  • Mewtwo
  • Pichu
  • Paper Mario

I got 2 of my most wanted characters during the 1st E3. That was pretty sick.

POST GAME RELEASE (DLC)

• Lucas
  • Toad (Captain)
  • Tetra/Skull Kid
  • Dixie Kong
  • Pichu
  • Ridley
  • Sakurai's Cat
I think the most interesting thing to you guys would be that I never cared for Ridley until I saw how passionate the fans were. And I thought the potential to market him as a boss then pull a turnaround would be awesome. I still don't have a huge care for Ridley, it's just a matter of him deserving it. He's not likely at all though.

Lucas was my main in Brawl. Once Smash 4 came out and it was pretty much Brawl 2.0 (in a good way, it improved upon Brawl), I needed Lucas back.

Tetra/Skull Kid have always been my top choices for Zelda rep. I feel both have an equal chance in the future due to Happy Mask Salesman being rumored to return in Zelda U, and Tetra because of Toon Link's relevance. Tetra could add a fun new playstyle as well due to being a pirate.

Dixie, I've always felt deserved the spot more than K Rool, but I won't get into that.

**** you if you don't like Pichu.

Sakurai's Cat for life.

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't believe the majority of my top 10 have much of a chance of making it in really. I have a smaller top 5 now but as a top 10 I just squeezed in a few lesser wanted charac.....
Oh gosh, I completely forgot about Mallo! :facepalm:
Mallo? Oh yeah, the Pushmo guy lol.
It could have been an interesting addition, since the Pokémon in Smash are all from Gen 1, 4 and 6. 2, 3 and 5 are missing which is funny because Pokémon would have more characters otherwise, and speculation would get... tiresome.
'Course, when you talk about "characters in a gameplay aspect," that tends to get boring and you have to bring up sales and whatnot.
**** you if you don't like Raichu.
fixed

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here was my pre-E3 most wanted list

1.:4littlemac:
2.:4megaman:
3.:4pacman:
4.Issac
5.Dixie Kong
6.Saki
7.Andy/Sami
8.:4shulk:
9.:4palutena:
10.:4mii:

:4robinm: wasn't on the list until January of last year

DLC wish list
1.Andy/Sami/Wil
2.Ryu
3.:wolf:
4.Dixie Kong
5.Starman
6.Isa
7.Medusa
8.:popo:
9.Impa
10.:snake:/Simon Belmont

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Oh, lil' old me forgot my DLC wishlist.

1. Toad/Ice Climbers
2. Squirtle/Ivysaur
3. Tiki
4. Anna
5. Stork
6. Mallo
7. Dixie Kong
8. Pichu

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mallo? Oh yeah, the Pushmo guy lol.
It could have been an interesting addition, since the Pokémon in Smash are all from Gen 1, 4 and 6. 2, 3 and 5 are missing which is funny because Pokémon would have more characters otherwise, and speculation would get... tiresome.
'Course, when you talk about "characters in a gameplay aspect," that tends to get boring and you have to bring up sales and whatnot.

fixed
It's funny how I forgot about Mallo yet I brought in some older characters I used to support despite that I'm still actively supporting Mallo. (What a great supporter I am.....)

I would still like to see gen 3 and 5 getting some love one day though and I'd still be hyped if Zoroark was confirmed one day. I just don't really see it happening anymore and whilst I'm not the type who has a "patternist" mindset. I don't really think we'd see a gen 7 Pokemon for the next games either.... even if Gen 8 came at the very last minute. Kinda like gen 6 really....

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
lol, I remember when people asked for Zoroark.
No Gen 5 characters, no STAB Dark Pulse i cri
At least gen 5 got a stage, gen 3 doesn't really have anything outside of pokeballs...
I actually think this maybe why Scetpile gets more support then Serperior, otherwise they'd probably get a equal amount of support.

Guys. I realized something.
The fact that you can transfer Tetra and The King from Hyrule Warriors 3DS to the Wii U version has some implications on the future of DLC, especially in Mario Kart 8.

Allow me to explain.

This is the roster for Hyrule Warriors without any paid DLC.

View attachment 56074
NOTE: This picture may not have any of the paid DLC Warriors, but it does have the three villains on the right column that were added as a free update a few weeks after the game's release.

As you can see, there is a clear space for DLC characters. They would fit in that column with the three Free Update Villains, which they did.

View attachment 56075

Once the Majora's Mask DLC Pack was released, people assumed there would be no more DLC Warriors (there was Ganon, but that was in a seperate mode). If any more characters were added, they wouldn't have a place to go on the CSS. If they were on the left, the roster would be asymmetrical, which would look odd. If they were on the right, not only would they be asymmetrical, but they would cover the characters' big renders.

But alas, here we are. Tetra and The King of Hyrule will be added to the game, and somehow put on that very roster.

It seems as though Hyrule Warriors' roster was made with the 4 DLC Packs in mind, but they decided to add more characters and make a 3DS port when the game, and its DLC Packs, were a hit.

I'd say it's not too :083: to say the same may happen to Mario Kart 8.
I don't care just give me Saria, Nabooru and Groose DLC already!

Truth is I actually want Navi to playable more, because it would be hilarious using her shouts as attacks.

My most wanted characters are
Impa
Sceptile
Daisy

But really I do support a lot of characters but seeing as I got my most wanted, being Rosalina, plus the roster already containing a lot of my favourite Nintendo characters. I don't really care much for others. And I do want all the veterans back guys, they're just the 3 characters whom I have a attachment to.

Last edited:
Ok, let's react to the opposite, what would be your reaction if a non-iconic third party got confirmed?
depends on who it is. if its someone absurd ill be pissed.

but if its cool IDGAF

my top 10 I guess. totally impossible characters like gardevoir or Viewtiful Joe not included
1. Viridi (i own her thread.)
Ridley (RIP you orecious creature)
2. Wonder red
3. Inklings
4.roy
5.Dixie kong
6. toad with a captain alt >captain toad > toad
7. snake
8. Ganon
9. rayman
10. uhhhh I guess K rool

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mallo would have been great. I also think it would have been col to have at least had a Pushmo stage.

I could have seen Mallo being a stage hazard on it. He could have pushed and pulled out different blocks for you to fight on. It could have pulled the floor right from underneath fighters and sent them to their deaths.

Soul.

It's funny how I forgot about Mallo yet I brought in some older characters I used to support despite that I'm still actively supporting Mallo. (What a great supporter I am.....)

I would still like to see gen 3 and 5 getting some love one day though and I'd still be hyped if Zoroark was confirmed one day. I just don't really see it happening anymore and whilst I'm not the type who has a "patternist" mindset. I don't really think we'd see a gen 7 Pokemon for the next games either.... even if Gen 8 came at the very last minute. Kinda like gen 6 really....
Well, personally I don't care who gets confirmed. I'm one of those guys that is more about the gameplay than debating on whether it is a good addition or not, so to speak. Back in Smash 4 pre-release, I didn't support any character because eh, I dunno. Just didn't interest me. Speculation gets boring after a while.
Maybe, maybe if Zoroark got a Mega Evolution, it would get confirmed.
I know how you feel, though.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I know her trophy is used in Smash Tour, but it's still not an in-game role. Her trophy powers up your character, that's all there is to it. It's not like it's a case of Sakurai saying "this role suits her better than being a playable character" like in the case of the Assist Trophies, bosses and Final Smash assists.
I don't disagree with you, but I can see why someone would consider that an in-game role.

You missed the entire point of my post. Her trophy and its functions have no overlap with playable characters. If that's how you define an "in-game role," then to you, yes, she doesn't have one.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
I hope they add Smash Run to the Wii version and/or expand the current version of Smash Run to include more baddies and maps. I suppose they could also expand on that board game thing to make it a bit less completely pointless.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I hope they add Smash Run to the Wii version and/or expand the current version of Smash Run to include more baddies and maps. I suppose they could also expand on that board game thing to make it a bit less completely pointless.
You mean it wasn't already completely pointless?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
As far as DLC goes.

My wants were: Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf, Roy, Inkling, anyone important from Rhythm Heaven, one of the other 3 cut Pokemon (don't expecting this to happen, ditto to RH sadly...). Snake perhaps but I'm not holding my breath. And maybe a DK rep

But I think some of this will extend to Smash 5. I don't think we'll see a RH or an Inkling til then.

There isn't a lot I want regarding new DLC characters, I just want more stages.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How to fix Smash Tour in 5 easy steps:
  1. Change the boards for a giant maze with a bunch of enemies
  2. Remove the trophies and replace them with powers
  3. Change 'Tour' to 'Run
  4. ?????
  5. Profit

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I thought Mario Kart 8 was more likely to get more content than Hyrule Warriors was (it's way more popular than HW is) but HW is still getting content... so I personally feel MK8 is getting another pack.

Soul.

Man it's been a slow day. Nothing new at all.
Feels like we're really months away from E3 when in reality we have 3 days left for the Smash thing and 5 days left for Nintendo's Digital Event.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Mercury is coming out of retrograde today, and it took 2 awesome people with it. **** off, Mercury. RIP Christopher Lee and Dusty Rhodes. :(

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Quite interesting to see that Dixie is making a lot of these lists over K. Rool.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I got the job! My friend who referred me said that it usually take days before they make a decision on new hires, so I'm feeling pretty good about my interview skills.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I thought Mario Kart 8 was more likely to get more content than Hyrule Warriors was (it's way more popular than HW is) but HW is still getting content... so I personally feel MK8 is getting another pack.
the next pack is just sand ocean, fire field, white land, and red canyon

with donkey kong jr., frog luigi, and pac-man as racers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom