• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
that seems really silly
yeah this is horrible and all but villager literally does what balloon fighter would. not even in the sense of "we have sword users". they turn into it. balloons and all
I didn't necessarily mean character. Just some sort of tribute.. like even a couple of trophies of things he worked on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i'm really curious, but when he said that?

Because I really love this quote and i never heard it until yesterday :)

As you can see, I changed my sig and avi too :)

Really love the new site banner btw :)

As for why I still am happy, it;s because I went through most of it yesterday, I think I should stay optimistic and devoted as I am now :)
E3 2005 or 2006 cant remember

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's not like Balloon Fighter's moveset would entirley consist of just one attack or anything....

But like I said, if not this game (Which looks to be very unlikely yeah) than most likely next game and I can see Sakurai changing Villager's up special to something else if he really wanted to implement Balloon Fighter by then.
I actually think there's a ton of potential there for a very creative moveset for Balloon Fighter.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, if you want to get technical, there's already a tribute to Iwata in the form of the Balloon Fight stage.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I seriously think it really sucks because I will probably play paper jam.

Beat it.

Watch the credits and Realise Iwata isn;t the executive producer :(
No his name will still be there since he's was still alive during the development so his name will still be there. Same for Str Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors 3DS, FE Fates and yes, that includes Federation Force

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I didn't mean character. Just some sort of tribute.. like even a couple of trophies of things he worked on.
I would want a trophy of Iwata released with next update. Don't know how likely it is though...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
No his name will still be there since he's was still alive during the development so his name will still be there. Same for Str Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors 3DS, FE Fates and yes, that includes Federation Force
oh, well, at the very least I can enjoy Paper mario while remembering him :)

Altough, jsut one thing and I tag @ PushDustIn PushDustIn for this, but I jsut got an email for a new SG article, but it 404 if i try to read it.....

why?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
If Sakurai put Smash DLC on hold to 2016.
I would completely understand. I really want to see some sort of Iwata tribute though.
Seeing how without him Smash would never been.

Do you guys think Sakurai will make some sort of Smash tribute as part of the DLC, or is that a silly thought?
Well, if you want to get technical, there's already a tribute to Iwata in the form of the Balloon Fight stage.
I would love to see Wii U get a HD Baloon Fight stage.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
If Sakurai put Smash DLC on hold to 2016.
I would completely understand. I really want to see some sort of Iwata tribute though.
Seeing how without him Smash would never been.
Fortunately, there's no way that would happen. We know Sakurai well enough to know that he works even through injuries. I take it that applies to even emotional ones. He did tweet about going to work today because he knew that's what Iwata would want.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Fortunately, there's no way that would happen. We know Sakurai well enough to know that he works even through injuries. I take it that applies to even emotional ones. He did tweet about going to work today because he knew that's what Iwata would want.
God Bless Nintendo.
And God Bless Sakurai.
I don't I could cope if I was him :'(

Khoru

Smash Champion
Oh c'mon, are you really going to use that silly "he has no moveset potential" argument just because one other character has one move that is thematically the same.

Balloon Fighter won't be DLC, I'm sure of it, but it's absolutely NOT because Villager has a BF inspired recovery.

Unless we're literally talking about a character like another standard FE Lord (and only because we already have 4 of them), the "no moveset potential" argument just doesn't fly. At all.
see i think we should have a wild gunman in smash
they're unique because they use guns and are cowboys
they're not already Literally Part of somebody's moveset
I didn't necessarily mean character. Just some sort of tribute.. like even a couple of trophies of things he worked on.
oh yeah that's fair. my statement wasn't specifically @ you

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

see i think we should have a wild gunman in smash
they're unique because they use guns and are cowboys
they're not already Literally Part of somebody's moveset

oh yeah that's fair. my statement wasn't specifically @ you
Balloon Fighter is not part of anyone's moveset, so your comparison is literally non-existent.

Unless Little Mac isn't in Smash because Villager also uses Boxing gloves? Also soz K. Rool fans. GG.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes, the Villager's up special is reference to Balloon Fight to the point of the animations being exactly the same as the Balloon Fighter in the NES game, but I don't think that would have any bearing on Balloon Fighter's inclusion nor does he become a different character because of that.

A lot of characters share moves with others without being clones.

Balloon Fighter has been pondered by Sakurai but was deemed as unviable and this likely doesn't have any bearing on the Villager's inclusion or design.

The fact Villager uses the balloon from Balloon Fight is likely an allusion to how Animal Crossing had playable NES games included.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not to derail the topic, but one of you that also feels a little too affected by Iwata's death- PM me? I did not realize how much of a legitimate role model he became for me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't feel horribly griefed about Iwata's loss like this morning, I've come to accept one of gaming's greatest heroes has died...Iwata, however, won't truly die until his influence is forgotten. I've still got games he's worked on, and plan on getting more in the future, and to make him happy in the afterlife, I'll support his company. You could truly tell he had fun through his life as Nintendo's president. Alas, all good things must come to an end. But my god, where these some good times we had. All I can do now is salute Iwata, and I'm making sure that N3ON's Iwata ribbon stays on my avi for as long as possible to show my love for his work. To Satoru Iwata, one of the...No...THE best thing to happen to the gaming industry!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's not add Balloon Fighter just for his sake.

It kind of cheapens Iwata's death and Balloon Fighter.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have to agree.

We're all saddened by this.

But moping here for too long is only going to make things worse.

We should have some fun. It's what he always wanted. :D

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I think an Iwata trophy is the best way to tribute him.
An Iwata Amiibo would be great.
Seeing how created the entire concept.
"In late 2013, Satoru Iwata sat alone on a bullet train headed toward Tokyo. As the carriage sped silently down the track, Iwata, the puckish CEO of Nintendo, began sketching out a new idea: a line of physical toys with built-in chips that connected wirelessly to the company’s varied game systems. The toys would let Nintendo trade on its universe of characters like Mario and Donkey Kong while generating new sales."
Also can someone inform me how to put this in one of those boxes similar to spoilers?
EDIT:
The idea for an Iwata Amiibo. All the profits go towards helping Cancer. I would buy so many IwatAmiibo's.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have to agree.

We're all saddened by this.

But moping here for too long is only going to make things worse.

We should have some fun. It's what he always wanted. :D
Exactly. Iwata is unique as fun is his priority. We should respect that Iwata and Nintendo as a whole are very consumer friendly for the most part, with YT copyright as an exception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom