• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Been very bad at being active here lately, but regarding the news..

I've got little good to say that has not already ben said. :/ But, well, RIP.

I just hate how the last we heard of Iwata was him apologizing for the Digital Event, when he was literally working to his death. Sigh.

Also, NoA released one of the last pictures of Iwata. Breaks my heart to see him so thin.
Iwata didn't really apologize for the event. Reggie's version is slightly closer to the actual meaning, in my opinion.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone is ready to discuss this, but what happens now? Who are the frontrunners to succeed Mr. Iwata? It's strange since he was the first person outside of the Yamauchi family to be named President of Nintendo and there was really never any mention of a successor, if I recall. I'd love to see Miyamoto take over and I'd have to think he is a frontrunner.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't know if anyone is ready to discuss this, but what happens now? Who are the frontrunners to succeed Mr. Iwata? It's strange since he was the first person outside of the Yamauchi family to be named President of Nintendo and there was really never any mention of a successor, if I recall. I'd love to see Miyamoto take over and I'd have to think he is a frontrunner.
I don't think Miyamoto has the real business sense to run Nintendo. Morimoto already took over the Japanese directs, so that's always possible. Reggie is also another possibility. Or it could be someone completely new.

Soul.

That rainbow is beautiful. That rainbow embodies happiness. That rainbow means joy.
This is all they needed. That image alone makes me want to cry again.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So many tributes to him on twitter.
Sony, Rare, Xbox and even the likes of Notch.
It's amazing to see where his Legacy went.
I'm going to play Earthbound now. For the first time. I am a fan of the series because of smash I supported it.
I have never actually sat down and played it though. But now is the time I feel.
With my Ness and Kirby Amiibo by my side. I will Play the games he made possible.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Iwata and Nintendo had absolutely nothing to apologise for at E3. My wallet is already aching from all the beautiful games they have coming out in the next 6 or so months.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I don't think Miyamoto has the real business sense to run Nintendo. Morimoto already took over the Japanese directs, so that's always possible. Reggie is also another possibility. Or it could be someone completely new.
I can't see Nintendo making someone who isn't Japanese the CEO.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-comments-on-iwatas-passing/

“Mr. Iwata is gone, but it will be years before his impact on both Nintendo and the full video game industry will be fully appreciated. He was a strong leader for our company, and his attributes were clear to most everyone: Intelligence, creativity, curiosity and sense of humor. But for those of us fortunate enough to work closely with him, what will be remembered most were his mentorship and, especially, his friendship. He was a wonderful man. He always challenged us to push forward…to try the new…to upset paradigms—and most of all, to engage, excite and endear our fans. That work will continue uninterrupted.”

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Personally, I would recommend to support Balloon Fighter for the ballot to pay tribute to Iwata.
http://smashboards.com/threads/balloon-fighter-for-dlc-another-old-school-rep.397401/#post-19639942
Currently voting right now.
This really isn't the time to do this, even though I believe you only carry the best of intentions. We should leave the ballot out of this, except to be grateful to Iwata for its existence.

Some people are being REALLY toxic on Jim Sterling's video. 'Who cares' 'Nintendo fans are ISIS' 'Good, he deserved to die after YT copyright bull****' WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!
I do applaud you for changing the subject afterwards, but I will bring this up now for future intents and purposes, in case somebody else brings it up. I'll leave it after this.

Out of respect for Iwata, can we really not give anymore attention to these stupid ass pieces of ****? I'm not saying we should pretend they don't exist, because they do, but we don't do anything else but make ourselves feel bad after reading these ignorant and idiotic comments. We really shouldn't care what they think.

Instead, we should focus on the positives, not the negatives.

Earthbound music used to get me in general.
But now it has a whole new meaning.
Several tribute articles have been using Mother music to properly convey the right emotions, and it's not hard to see why. Without Iwata, I wouldn't even have this account name and avatar, let alone be introduced to my favorite gaming experience I ever will enjoy.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Iwata and Nintendo had absolutely nothing to apologise for at E3. My wallet is already aching from all the beautiful games they have coming out in the next 6 or so months.
Yep. And will FE Fates, Hyrule Warrirors 3DS and Paper Jam hitting it up for the 3DS, I'm cool and we got Smash as well so we ain't done

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn
Sorry, just assumed that was like that since people, well, spread it around as such. :s
No worries. It was spread around a lot, so I expect a lot of people to still believe it (and will for years to come). You actually weren't the first poster that I've seen say that too.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Reggie's comments.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/1...f-america-president-comments-on-iwatas-death/

"Mr. Iwata is gone, but it will be years before his impact on both Nintendo and the full video game industry will be fully appreciated. He was a strong leader for our company, and his attributes were clear to most everyone: Intelligence, creativity, curiosity and sense of humor. But for those of us fortunate enough to work closely with him, what will be remembered most were his mentorship and, especially, his friendship. He was a wonderful man. He always challenged us to push forward…to try the new…to upset paradigms—and most of all, to engage, excite and endear our fans. That work will continue uninterrupted."

:(

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Woke up. Thought I made up last night.

See notifications and messages about him on Facebook.

-swears a lot-

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I thought I could hold them back.
No Crying until the End they said.
Roger's base, This got me.
Earthbound music used to get me in general.
But now it has a whole new meaning.
This and the Ono retweet with characters trying to give Iwata their respective series' life giving items(to no avail) almost broke me. My eyes are stinging and my nose is on the cusp of running.

EDIT:
found the pic

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Bless the character threads. Each and every single one.
All in unison to remember our good Friend. Not arguments of who should get in. Just thanks to Iwata.
Thank you to this glorious Website and it's members. :')
Thank you also @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei for jumping from thread to thread asking them to show the appreciation with pictures.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
How's everyone doing so far? I can say I'm not as shocked as I was yesterday, but I'm still very sad that this happened.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Man...This was serioursly unexpected and depressing news.

The man that we call Satoru Iwata was a huge part of both Nintendo's and gaming in general's history and is one of the reasons this site and the game that we love and came here to talk about, Super Smash Bros, exists. Without him, I would have never met some of the wonderful people I've met on here and never would of got into gaming. So Iwata; I thank you for the mark you've left on the gaming industry and making Nintendo what it is today. Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Do you guys think Sakurai will make some sort of Smash tribute as part of the DLC, or is that a silly thought?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Iwata was so young too. I hope he got a chance to play the games to be released in 2016.

May he rest in peace, for he gave us all purpose w/ Nintendo.

↓↓↓↓↓♥~

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Do you guys think Sakurai will make some sort of Smash tribute as part of the DLC, or is that a silly thought?
He would probably make Balloon Fighter playable in tribute to him if he where to do something like that. Much like how he made Mr. Game & Watch playable in tribute to Gunpei Yokoi.

If not for this game as DLC then most likely for the next Smash.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I could maybe see a Mii Fighter tribute in some way, but I don't think we'll see a full blown Balloon Fighter character just because of Iwata tbh.

Khoru

Smash Champion
that seems really silly
yeah this is horrible and all but villager literally does what balloon fighter would. not even in the sense of "we have sword users". they turn into it. balloons and all

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

The feels. The feels.
i'm really curious, but when he said that?

Because I really love this quote and i never heard it until yesterday :)

As you can see, I changed my sig and avi too :)

Really love the new site banner btw :)

As for why I still am happy, it;s because I went through most of it yesterday, I think I should stay optimistic and devoted as I am now :)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
that seems really silly
yeah this is horrible and all but villager literally does what balloon fighter would. not even in the sense of "we have sword users". they turn into it. balloons and all
Oh c'mon, are you really going to use that silly "he has no moveset potential" argument just because one other character has one move that is thematically the same.

Balloon Fighter won't be DLC, I'm sure of it, but it's absolutely NOT because Villager has a BF inspired recovery.

Unless we're literally talking about a character like another standard FE Lord (and only because we already have 4 of them), the "no moveset potential" argument just doesn't fly. At all.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's not like Balloon Fighter's moveset would entirley consist of just one attack or anything....

But like I said, if not this game (Which looks to be very unlikely yeah) than most likely next game and I can see Sakurai changing Villager's up special to something else if he really wanted to implement Balloon Fighter by then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom