• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You'll need to stop complaining about clone characters. One cut clone character does not mean a full new character.

Heck with Wario in Melee, Sakurai said he would've need to dropped Mewtwo or Marth and Roy just to add him.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i've started playing chrono trigger. i'm pretty enamored. i just got to 2300 ad

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Would you be okay if he returned, but decloned?
i prefer a different type of mario. or not. one of my biggest gripes about the roster is that mario has too much representation. pokemon deserves to be equal in representation as mario since they are nintendo's 2nd best selling franchise. speaking of which, i wonder if people voted for another pokemon character. i doubt pichu will return.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually have no issues with clones. It's nice playing different variants of particular movesets. Everyone loves Ken in Street Fighter and Akuma. Just don't overdo it with one particular moveset and I'm fine.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
i've started playing chrono trigger. i'm pretty enamored. i just got to 2300 ad
Ooh, your in the future. Where you [spoiler redacted] and [spoiler redacted]. And also then you [spoiler redacted]! And then there's also the time where you [spoiler redacted].

Lol, jokes aside; Chrono Trigger is probably one of the greatest games ever made (and also one of my favorite games of all time). Hope you have a great time playing through it.

Last edited:

Soul.

So, I've been wondering, since I'm not into speculation, has there been an outcry to vote for Squirtle/Ivysaur? I know the majority thinks Pokémon is fine as is, but eh.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So, I've been wondering, since I'm not into speculation, has there been an outcry to vote for Squirtle/Ivysaur? I know the majority thinks Pokémon is fine as is, but eh.
I personally wouldn't mind Ivysaur, as it would bring back the Water-Fire-Grass triangle Brawl had.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Anyone want to bet that Wolf will be revealed in August?

If he does get revealed, everyone has to change their avatar to Palutena for a month.

If he doesn't get revealed, I'll replace Daily Nightmare Fuel with Daily Baby Pictures for two weeks.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

If he does get revealed, everyone has to change their avatar to Palutena for a month.

If he doesn't get revealed, I'll replace Daily Nightmare Fuel with Daily Baby Pictures for two weeks.
Though die hard Wolf supporters aka people who have Wolf as their avatar already should be ok, though I could easily put Palutena somewhere in my existing avatar like maybe to the left or right of Wolf's head.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
It's kinda hard to say whether or not Ivysaur/Squirtle have more support than Pichu. I don't really want them but I wouldn't mind it if they were added, especially Ivysaur.

Literally just found this via Google. I should be fine. :p

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
.....what?

Just vote for whatever you want. I wouldn't have voted for anyone if I was listening to the....weird reaction when someone mentions Paper Mario :)

I just don;t think it works per rep, more by what does the character reflects exactly.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
http://strawpoll.me/4850063
http://strawpoll.me/4850071
http://strawpoll.me/4850079

Take these straw polls for me, will ya?

Tell me what you think here after you take them.
some people have unrealistic expectations. my hope is that we have an even numbered roster, so 5 more characters for me. also people expect DLC in august? as much as i want wolf back, i doubt we'll get another character before the ballot. sakurai already said that mewtwo, lucas, roy and ryu were already in development before the ballot was announced. i don't get people...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
sakurai already said that mewtwo, lucas, roy and ryu were already in development before the ballot was announced. i don't get people...
To clarify this bit. Just because these were, doesn't mean the others weren't.

AreJay25

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
To clarify this bit. Just because these were, doesn't mean the others weren't.
maybe not, but then why would sakurai announce that the ballot is now for fan service? i think it was obvious wolf was wanted just like lucas and roy were, but he wasn't announced alongside them. i'm just trying to not get my hopes up again and be disappointed later. if wolf is announced as a last addition before the ballot comes to an end i'll gladly welcome him.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, could one of you guys take these polls to Smash reddit and link me to where you did?

One for Gamefaqs maybe?

AreJay25

By the way, could one of you guys take these polls to Smash reddit and link me to where you did?

One for Gamefaqs maybe?
The only problem with this is that the reddit post might get downvoted, so you might not get the results you want.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
but he doesn't need to be around anymore. at any rate, i hope he doesn't return in smash 5.
Just because a character destroyed you so badly doesn't mean they should be banished from the game. Keep practicing and one day I'm sure you'll be able to defeat the good Doc. Until then, think happy thoughts and stay far away from anything negative.

Also, watch this, I think it'll help you a lot:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Just because a character destroyed you so badly doesn't mean they should be banished from the game. Keep practicing and one day I'm sure you'll be able to defeat the good Doc. Until then, think happy thoughts and stay far away from anything negative.

Also, watch this, I think it'll help you a lot:
excuse me? where do you get off? i don't like the character. i have a right to feel that way. so drop it. i'm not discussing this anymore.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I beleive we many get a character in August, but i do not have any preference to the beleif of whether it'll be wolf or not. what should i do
my question is do straw polls such as these benefit a character's chances of becoming playable? or is it just for fun really?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Why would it get downvoted?
Because its Reddit.

There really isn't any other good reason other than that lol.

my question is do straw polls such as these benefit a character's chances of becoming playable? or is it just for fun really?
If they did Wolf would already be in the game lol :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just for fun.

Maybe a Source Gaming Article if he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom