• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And for the gun weapon triangle I'd recommend shotgun>rifle>machine gun>shotgun. Machine guns(SMG/LMG for instance) being the equivalent to swords, rifles(assault/semi for instance) being the equivalent to lances, and shotguns being the equivalent of axes. And then snipers would be like bows.
And then pistols are like knives/shuriken?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What would be good choices for the FE Advance Wars game in the stats to replace magic and resistance?

Maybe resistance can stay.
Magic can be replaced with Firepower.

Resistance can be changed to resist fire or explosions (thermal resistance), instead of fire magic.

D

Deleted member

And then pistols are like knives/shuriken?
Especially since most fire semi automatically like rifles. Even assault rifles, which, contrary to most FPS, you'd shoot in bursts at most, you rarely if ever go fully automatic and even if, it's in controlled bursts.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ok new weapon triangle for my FEAW

Assault/Rockets/Grenades
V
Shotguns/Pistols/Flamethrower
V
SMG/Rifles/Beam Guns
V
Assault/Rockets/Grenades

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

LWA makes me smile, Konosuba makes me laugh my ass off
Especially now that best girl Lalatia Darkness is back.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can we get a gamr that isn't an indie though?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I don't know how I feel about the paying for online from Nintendo, but it seems it could end up being cheaper than the competitors, so at least they have that going for them.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Sorry about being late for this, but man, that is actually a really nice price range for the online services on the Switch.

Compared to something like WOW that costs 15+ bucks a month to play, which adds up to about $180 dollars a year. Sure, that's a MMORPG and not actually related to a console, but I still consider it a significant difference. Good thing I quit the game for good this time. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WoW still get enough people that they can charge that much?

Apparently we'll never know because Blizzard doesn't give out player base numbers anymore

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We already have Reebal, it's just in Smash they spell it Falco.

I already made that joke on Twitter.

But agreed nonetheless. XD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was trying to figure out the difference between PUA's and MGTOW that date is, because they both believe in "Pump and Dump". They both don't believe in long term relationships with women or getting married. I think the fact there are MGTOW that date in the first place discredits them.

D

Deleted member

"Maybe it'll become a meme!"
SPACE DANDY BEST ANIME
NO COMPETITION
Space Dandy is top tier. Watch the original though, dub is ass. I also love the OP and ED songs a whole lot.

To be clear, I enjoyed games on the Wii U. Some of them I currently believe to be the best in the series, like Smash. And probably MK8 (though not my fav MK). I definitely got my money's worth and don't for a second regret buying the system.

But those are the kind of games that are going to be supplanted by their sequels which just add more content and keep the rest relatively similar. It's already happening with MK8... and it'll probably happen with Smash too. And this is even before we get to MK9 and Smash 5...

And as for the rest, there were many good games. Some great games. But very little new. Or original, or different. And that's why it comes off boring to some. And why it may come off as forgettable down the road. Which also, btw, does no favours to Nintendo in attempting to increase their audience. In any case, I agree the Nintendo games, although not bad... were a bit underwhelming this time around. Though the library is not devoid of exception.
I enjoyed some games on the WiiU. it just, many of the most highlighted games on it, like Hyrule Warriors felt like a sort of "filler" while I waited for the climax of awesome titles to finally arrive, and it never really came. Nothing was more disappointing than E3 2015, with their transformation, and realizing they had nothing to show outside of stuff we already knew, and a dumb little musical number tribute to Mario. Because it was then that it suddenly felt like Nintendo was having another E3 2006 Wii Music moment. Ok, E3 2016 was even worse, because then you knew that it was over for the WiiU. But 2015 was very clearly the turning point.

I guess I'm just mostly disappointed at the lack of hidden gems on the WiiU, because every other Nintendo console had tons of them, even the Wii, which in my eyes, prior to the WiiU was Nintendo's WORST home console, still had tons of really awesome hidden gems like Muramasa, Sin and Punishment, No More Heroes, etc... I really can't think of any on the WiiU, since every game that made it on there, was overhyped and overblown.

I mean, look at Splatoon, while a good game, the launch conditions, and asking price for the game, for how little content and play options it offers, is far below the Nintendo standard. New IP on prior Nintendo consoles all came with a bunch more stuff to them. I mean, for all intents and purposes, Splatoon is essentially an always online game for how little it offers outside of the multiplayer. And I come from the days of Halo 3 and Goldeneye, where you always expected a lot more out of your games.

Mario Maker is another example, which might surprise some. After playing Little Big Planet 2 on my brother's PS3 years ago, I always wanted a game like that, but with Mario physics, but how restrictive SMM was in terms of how to make levels just kinda killed it for me. And XCX, well, I already gave Swamp a long explanation on everything I think is wrong with that game.

I guess now that the WiiU is officially dead, I can hack the damn thing, and give some of the other games I never gave a shot a bit of a chance, DKTF, and 3DWorld, W101 maybe. But that's kinda how it felt owning a WiiU, every single notable release was so sparsed out that whether or not it was a game that you'd normally be interested in, many people just went ahead an bought it cause there was nothing else to play, and then those games got a lot of critical acclaim whether deserved or not, merely by virtue of existing on the WiiU. Like you said, where are the big "WOW, game of the generation" games on that console? I mean, PS4 already has Bloodborne, which is a 10/10 game, and it's got a few others dropping soon, and last gen, Halo 3 and Gears of War series were all must plays. PS3 had MGS4, Souls series, and many others, Wii had Prime Trilogy, Galaxy series, etc...

tl;dr, while not a bad machine overall, the WiiU was a master blue-baller.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Reebal (The Rito), Darkel (The Goron), and Mifa (The Zora) are confirmed as LInk's allies throughout Breath of the Wild's story next to Zelda.

Watch somebody want one of these characters in Smash.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/...tails-on-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-characters/
Just one?

Come one now, it's Zelda. If the character has a name and a way to fight, it's going to the top of the request list.

It'll be every single one of them all at once and we all know it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How can Zoras and Ritos exist at the same time? Aren't Ritos what Zoras became because of the great sea?

D

Deleted member

I was trying to figure out the difference between PUA's and MGTOW that date is, because they both believe in "Pump and Dump". They both don't believe in long term relationships with women or getting married. I think the fact there are MGTOW that date in the first place discredits them.
Pick up artists basically make a job/career out of, well, picking up dates, usually as a guide to men who just want a successful date in general. You can also be a pick up artist without being against a full on relationship or marriage, basically. But the main goal is always seduction whether it be to get a full relationship or just to be a player.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Space Dandy is top tier. Watch the original though, dub is ***
You're not a REAL Dandy is you're trying to avoid the sweet booty
In all seriousness it's great imo
And pirating the games like that is pretty much what hurts consoles and sales. Not to mention it makes you a hypocrite as you said you want to support Platinum yet W101 is something you believe Nintendo and Platinum don't deserve money for
what episode was that from again?
the one with the chameleon

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ha! told y'all they were Rito's

People tried to say they were different
I had the same feeling too.

They were for too similar to Ritos (avian faces aside) to be a new race.

Just one?

Come one now, it's Zelda. If the character has a name and a way to fight, it's going to the top of the request list.

It'll be every single one of them all at once and we all know it.
Yep. The Zelda fans are desperate for more characters. But given 6 Fire Emblem reps, I can't blame them really.

Who needs Reebal when we already have Falco. :^)

But the Zelda bandwagons will happen after the game is out.

Who needs Arms with Legs like these?

Mettaton >>>> Spring Man/Ribbon Girl. :troll:

Last edited:

Chrono.

I had to look up what Ritos were because I forgot.

It's the birds from WW oh my.

More species from that game keep showing up.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How can Zoras and Ritos exist at the same time? Aren't Ritos what Zoras became because of the great sea?
I don't know.

Maybe the game will have to explain that when it's out. Unless there was once a time when both coexisted.

Who needs Arms with Legs like these?

Mettaton >>>> Spring Man/Ribbon Girl. :troll:

Dead meme.

Also, Mettaton is already in Smash. :4bayonetta::4bayonetta2:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Who needs Reebal when we already have Falco. :^)

But the Zelda bandwagons will happen after the game is out.
*looks at every new Nintendo protagonist from the past several years*

You really think people are going to be patient enough to wait?

I mean, it probably won't happen in EARNEST until there's a Smash announced, which will likely be after Zelda is released, but even in terms of the Switch Spring Man's already been bubbling up slightly in support and Zelda side character requests are an evergreen.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*looks at every new Nintendo protagonist from the past several years*

You really think people are going to be patient enough to wait?

I mean, it probably won't happen in EARNEST until there's a Smash announced, which will likely be after Zelda is released, but even in terms of the Switch Spring Man's already been bubbling up slightly in support and Zelda side character requests are an evergreen.
Tell that to the Tethu supporters after the hype for Ever Oasis died (Too soon).

But good point. I'll expect to see alot of "Darkel for Smash" or "Reebal for Smash" posts in the future. Not sure about the Zora, they would rather have their waifu Ruto instead. :laugh:

The Arms hype is real though. They fit Smash like a glove, though it may be too early for them TBH.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tell that to the Tethu supporters after the hype for Ever Oasis died (Too soon).

But good point. I'll expect to see alot of "Darkel for Smash" or "Reebal for Smash" posts in the future. Not sure about the Zora, they would rather have their waifu Ruto instead. :laugh:

The Arms hype is real though. They fit Smash like a glove, though it may be too early for them TBH.
Roy and Corrin got in before their games came out, well, out in the US for Corrin at least.

I don't feel too strongly one way or the other for ARMS, but Spring Man being in Smash doesn't strike me as a "too soon" type of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom