• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I highly doubt we're going to see a port of any of the 3DS FE games to Switch. Fates even less so, given how controversial the game seems to have been among the fanbase in my experience.

I'd go nuts for an SoV Switch port, though. Yes, even though I've already bought and played it on 3DS. I like it that much.
Fates is a punching bag, but SoV sold worse than the previous two games by a fair chunk.

. . .So the 0.1% port chance goes to Awakening, then? :awesome:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fates is only controversial from a story/writing standpoint.

People still really liked the gameplay for the most part so as much as I personally don't want this port to be a thing, I think it would be appreciated by people.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
They should remake Blazing Sword of Sacred Stones instead.
A remake of Sacred stones isn't really needed since they could just re-release that...assuming they ever revive the Virtual Console.

Blazing Sword I could see happening as a connection to a remake of FE6. Like how New Mystery followed Shadow Dragon.
. . .So the 0.1% port chance goes to Awakening, then? :awesome:
Strangely, I could actually see that happening.

Now the question is whether or not they'd take the chance to give the characters feet. :p

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
What's all this stuff of Fire Emblem Fates going to the Nintendo Switch about? I may be living in a rock if such a rumor as this has been going on for months, but this is the first time I heard another remake is being considered?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just noticed the androids 17 and 18 only really kill Dr. Gero. And that's about it

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What's all this stuff of Fire Emblem Fates going to the Nintendo Switch about? I may be living in a rock if such a rumor as this has been going on for months, but this is the first time I heard another remake is being considered?
I don't think it would be considered a remake, more like a straight/upgraded port.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
An updated port meaning revisions are going to be made then? Well I wouldn't mind fixes and refinement to some of the stories if that were the case. Actually, if that did happen hypothetically, that will made me tolerate Fates a little more depending how significant they turn out.

Though not the Fire Emblem I'd have in mind if such a thing were to happen personally.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I suppose that's fine. Well, I do hope that if Intelligent Systems made another upgrade version of a Fire Emblem game, that it doesn't turn out to be that sorry excuse of a game titled Fates anyway. Of course, that won't bother me if it actually does happen, but I just found overall the story to be improperly written.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I highly, highly doubt they would change the story in a Fates port.

In terms of changes, most I would see them doing is adding in Roy, Corrin, Alm, Celica, Chrom, and Tiki amiibo support. I could also see them rebalancing some of the more blatantly problematic maps (Conquest Chapter 17 and 19 on Lunatic). And if they want to be really generous, give us supports involving the amiibo units.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Game Freak decided to be a good boi.

Shiny Tapu Koko event is now live for Europe and NA.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
YES! After 10 tries, I got Summer Tiki! I have done full summons trying to get any of the focuses so I'm glad to have tiki finally. Even better she is plus attack, minus resistance. She will dominate everything with that power. I also pulled a saber which is really cool a I wanted him to.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I just saw some of the comic book covers for MvCI, and damn do they look good.

Links to some of the other covers:

Invincible Iron Man #10
Rocket #4
Secret Empire #8
Four of the comics also have a "TOP SECRET" temp cover for the MvCI variants.
Specifically:
Spider-Man/Deadpool (we know this is Firebrand and Dormammu)
Venom
Amazing Spider-Man
Defenders

Edit: Make that five because Dr Strange has that too?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It would be neat to see Salmonlings in Spla2n.
The Salmonids give me a weird impression when I look at them. Like they're. . .half evolved or something. All the other species are either fully humanoid/anthro or little sapient critters and seem pretty happy to live on land, and then here come the salmon people popping out of the ocean with a full set of fins but bent into this awkward upright position roughing up anyone they come across.

I have a hard time imagining them really having -lings, especially since judging by band covers fish seem to stay some of the most animalistic out of all of the races when they are developed enough to have hands and feet.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I suppose that's fine. Well, I do hope that if Intelligent Systems made another upgrade version of a Fire Emblem game, that it doesn't turn out to be that sorry excuse of a game titled Fates anyway. Of course, that won't bother me if it actually does happen, but I just found overall the story to be improperly written.
Wait, what's happening?
HO DANG! WE MAKIN' OUR WAY UP IN DA' WORLD!!! :bluejump:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My girlfriend just got me the second One Piece manga box set so I know own Chapters 1-70.

So happy, it looks awesome on my shelf!

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
the timeslot for disney xd's gamer stuff is so confusing. like, if i was in the 12-14 agegroup and i was staying up that late to watch tv id probably tune into adult swim before that. like it doesn't feel exclusive enough to warrant a ton of people to watch it and it's probably wayy too late for most kids to see? i guess this is a reachout to older teens but they have full access to youtube and likely don't have cable/disney xd in the first place
cool to see smash on tv though

Chrono.

the timeslot for disney xd's gamer stuff is so confusing. like, if i was in the 12-14 agegroup and i was staying up that late to watch tv id probably tune into adult swim before that. like it doesn't feel exclusive enough to warrant a ton of people to watch it and it's probably wayy too late for most kids to see? i guess this is a reachout to older teens but they have full access to youtube and likely don't have cable/disney xd in the first place
cool to see smash on tv though
Years ago when I used to watch XD it had awful scheduling. Not surprising to see it's still like that.

It rivals CN in that regard.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sora confirmed for smash awww yeah

This is either going to be great or terrible, but probably a net gain anyway because videogames on TV
Nah, clearly this means we're getting Stan Pines and Star Butterfly. Narwhal Blasts and LEFT HOOK! for days.

Chrono.

Sora confirmed for smash awww yeah

This is either going to be great or terrible, but probably a net gain anyway because videogames on TV
I mean all they do is broadcast it.

I wouldn't worry about anything going awry.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
appearently there is someone who is making a comic called "star road crusaders" and mario characters in that comic are in huge HUGE robots and are trying to save their galaxy from the dark star and we are getting 2 pages every week and its amazing!
https://tapas.io/episode/726088
its actually mario series x gurren lagann series

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I'm sure no one here really cares about the story in Fire Emblem Heroes, but I'd feel like I should share my thoughts on a certain plot point that happens in the newest story chapter released today.

I felt similar. The wait for the next chapter is going to be painful considering how many paralouges they'll probably add in between.
In general I'm pretty interested in the story, I always play a main chapter on release since I'm curious to know what happens next, and the tempest trials seem like its hyping something up with Masked Marth gathering heroes together, so I'm curious where that would go...
A lot of people aren't though, as I found out when I complained about Paralouge 6's ending, and everyone I knew said "people care about the story?"
(That complaint being Caeda should have gotten the blessed Wedding Bouquet.
Cause you know, she actually gets married.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly the ending to the latest story chapter was pretty obvious from the start in heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom