• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
And allows for easier shameless debauchery.
Pretty much my plan.

Oh, praline, don't do that to yourself. I tried watching his Best Of video and his voice bored me out of my mind.

Watch SkulShurtugal's Hide and Seek videos instead if you're gonna go on a Youtuber streak.
Hmm.

Noting for later.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If any of you are looking to get a New 3DS, now might be a good time since production on them is ending.

Just the small model though, the XL model is still in production.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
And they say the 3ds isn't on it's way out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway I did a summon on Alm's party and got some pretty good units:

Camilaand Cain were nice since they were new. Even better Cain is plus speed, minus res which is his most recommended boon and bane. Camilla is minus speed so that kind of sucks. Don't know what to do with her yet, but I should be able to buff her somehow as she is a fairly good axe unit.

And I got Cray who I really wanted so I was pretty happy especially since the summer banner didn't like me and I still haven't gotten any of those heroes after 8 tries, or even any five stars from it.

Now in other fire Emblem News this happened:
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/07/...plete-edition-for-switch-and-then-removed-it/

Fates may be coming to Switch.

D

Deleted member

Fates may be coming to Switch.
Why...?
Like, seriously why? Most FE fans already have it and unless they release all paths and DLC for $60 it's not gonna be appealing, a PoR remaster would be better and make more sense
Nor is it like the New 2DS XL is coming out soon either
*bunch of new 3DS games coming in 2017*
"The 3DS is dead"
*New 3DS has barely any games to justify its existence*
"The 3DS is dead!"
*New 2DS XL announced*
"THE 3DS IS DEAD!"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hasn't the fates on switch rumor been around for a while?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Its not if the XL is still being made
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Micro

It's. . .existing. The issue here is that it's seen as an all or nothing situation when the better comparison would be a slow torch passing.

A lot of people are steaming mad that it's getting games at all, and then other people are steaming mad that the big titles are being announced for Switch one by one. The truth is that no one's gonna take a successful ecosystem out back, they're gonna let it slowly die of old age. Let the teams that can recycle assets or don't have the budget to move keep making things, move the bigger budget completely new games over to the Switch. Everyone else can catch up once they have more practice with the Switch, Nintendo gets the most games for the least amount of cost.

That said, I'm pretty darn skeptical of Fates moving to Switch because that'd require a complete rework to look right and there's already an unnamed mainline game announced. Retailers aren't the most reliable leak sources.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can cats OD on catnip? Because I had a bottle of it and apparently it fell on the floor at one point and I notice now most of it is missing

Talking in a Discord about Sonic
Learn about the weirdness about Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, and Sonic 3 and Knuckles
"ahh, i'll jus tplay Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Im using the Mega Collection from the gamecube so does the collection have that?"
  • Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles twenty times each.
wat

apparently you only need to open the games 3 times not beat them, but it's still weird

EDIT that was tedious, but done

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Most likely fake. That image used on the boxart was fanart that previously appeared on Pixiv two years back.

Does this mean a flat out deconfirmation? No, but to me, it does lower the credibility a lot.
Probably fake but this wouldn't be the first time fanart has been used as placeholder art iirc.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I would consider buying a Switch version of Fates if it had save data transfer.

If they do make it though, please don't put any extras in it. I don't want my launch day purchase of the Special Edition to feel invalidated if I were to skip out on it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I rewatched a bit of the latest MHA episode to see the new ending and accidentally saw the preview for the next one. Eric Vale's making Shigaraki/Handy Man more playful like the Japanese version, nice. Also Shigaraki's looking like the anime can finally make him look as creepy as the manga.
Seriously the manga close usp to him are ****ing terrifying, the adaptation did NOT do him justice
Eric Vale's doing his voice? That's a really good choice. I'm caught up with the comic, but I haven't watched as much of the show as I should have.

Though I was hoping Iida was voiced by Kyle Hebert, his voice actor is still pretty good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Would this Fates switch game have updated graphics or would it stay the same 3DS graphics
Well we don't have a clue, even if it's real.

It's a tough thing to speculate on. On one hand, the game looks good for a 3DS game as is, and redoing the graphics from the ground up would definitely eat away at FE Switch dev time.

On the other hand, the game probably would look nasty on a higher resolution without at least redoing textures, because it used a realistic art style in-game.

A compromise I could think of is just giving everything a cel-shaded look. Or they just outsource it.

Kinda funny this pops up when I had been picking up Fates again lately.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Would this Fates switch game have updated graphics or would it stay the same 3DS graphics
Pretty much every graphical element in the game would need to be redone for Switch, except maybe the map sprites since they're fairly clean and simple. The models and textures especially - they were made with the 3DS' resolution and small screens in mind, and were never intended to be viewed on anything else, since if you look at them up close in a PC model viewer they really don't look that good. They wouldn't scale up well to HD at all, but they look fine on 3DS since you don't have that luxury of looking too closely at them very often. Unless they outsourced the game, I think this makes it very unlikely, since we know Intelligent Systems are currently working on a brand new FE for Switch, that isn't a remake or re-release of anything.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I don't think the Fates Switch thing is real, but I don't think I'd mind that much if it was.

However, if it does end up being real, I would hope they make it compatible with the Roy amiibo. I just want it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One thing I'd like to note.

While placeholders have a tendency to use fan art even in situations where it is a real product, it's not impossible for them to just use art from a pixiv artist for the official box art if it's a real product.

Many of the artists who draw the characters in FE Heroes aren't even big manga artists or anything. Many are just doujinshi artists (essentially fan artists), some of which with accounts you can find on pixiv and the like.

So there is a precedence for the fan art being the actual cover.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
One thing I'd like to note.

While placeholders have a tendency to use fan art even in situations where it is a real product, it's not impossible for them to just use art from a pixiv artist for the official box art if it's a real product.

Many of the artists who draw the characters in FE Heroes aren't even big manga artists or anything. Many are just doujinshi artists (essentially fan artists), some of which with accounts you can find on pixiv and the like.

So there is a precedence for the fan art being the actual cover.
I can see them hiring a fan artist, sure, but if it was a real product wouldn't they commission a new work instead of recycling one that's already been floating around forever?

Aside from that, a game cover is a bit of a step up from a spattering of character sprites in a game with dozens of artists. It's not impossible for them to use a fan artist for it, but if they only have to commission one work then it might be easier for them to hire someone big or get one of their in-house artists to spare some time than for a large bulk of character art.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can see them hiring a fan artist, sure, but if it was a real product wouldn't they commission a new work instead of recycling one that's already been floating around forever?

Aside from that, a game cover is a bit of a step up from a spattering of character sprites in a game with dozens of artists. It's not impossible for them to use a fan artist for it, but if they only have to commission one work then it might be easier for them to hire someone big or get one of their in-house artists to spare some time than for a large bulk of character art.
I don't see how essentially comissioning fan art for an entire game's aesthetic is somehow lesser than just a game cover, as if it's less impactful.

I'd like to think people spend more time playing their games than looking at their box art. :V

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just had a person describe Maui from mythology as the combination of "Jesus, Hercules and Gilgamesh."

Uh....

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't see how essentially comissioning fan art for an entire game's aesthetic is somehow lesser than just a game cover, as if it's less impactful.

I'd like to think people spend more time playing their games than looking at their box art. :V
I'm just mulling over the possible marketing value of a game cover.

That would of course require an analysis of the effect of game covers on customer purchases in order to assess the amount of effect, but from the perspective of "first impressions" and the amount of research buyers might put into a game on average. Of course, it's almost certainly minimal, but the question to be had is more "will it open wallets more times than the in-game art" and that seems at least plausible.

More cynically, it doesn't matter if they actually play the game as long as the person buys it, and if the number of people that buy a game partially or fully on the basis of "ooh, this game looks neat" by taking a peek at the cover or JPEG of the cover causes a profit margin that exceeds the cost of paying an artist then it's worth the investment moreso than in-game art. A bit depressing, but then, so is people's video game shopping techniques at times. :V

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I highly doubt we're going to see a port of any of the 3DS FE games to Switch. Fates even less so, given how controversial the game seems to have been among the fanbase in my experience.

I'd go nuts for an SoV Switch port, though. Yes, even though I've already bought and played it on 3DS. I like it that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom